WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

The writing is on the wall for auto workers and supply companies, supporting ICE production

spectras only

Reaction score

Daimler Boss Says Company Will Shrink During Next Five Years

Moving forward from internal combustion engine vehicles will also result in job losses, seen as how it takes less time and effort to build an electric car than a conventional gasoline or diesel one.

In fact, an electric car’s battery and motor have just 200 components, as opposed to a combustion engine drivetrain (transmission included), which features at least 1,400 parts, according to analysts at ING.

HB2Havasu

Reaction score
I call bullshit on the whole move away from gasoline powered cars. This country does not have the infrastructure to support 200 million cars plugged into the electrical grid every night. The entire country would have a brown out! It's also proven fact that the amount of damage to the environment from mining for lithium and platinum creates as much C02 as an internal combustion engine over it's lifetime. Just another Democratic Pipedream to save the world, lol.

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
I call bullshit on the whole move away from gasoline powered cars. This country does not have the infrastructure to support 200 million cars plugged into the electrical grid every night. The entire country would have a brown out! It's also proven fact that the amount of damage to the environment from mining for lithium and platinum creates as much C02 as an internal combustion engine over it's lifetime. Just another Democratic Pipedream to save the world, lol.

One of the problems with the Left (there are many) is that their pipedreams become a reality and they're often disasters. We've seen Kalifornia pass laws to not only impact that state but with the intention of impacting all of the USA (fuel economy/CAFE & vehicle pollution are 2 examples). So even though (1) the infrastructure can't support all the EVs they mandate and (2) the industry is already evolving without their effing laws, this shit can and will likely happen.

Just because Kalifornia says so.

All Americans pay for Kalifornia's liberalism

Uncle Dave

Reaction score
It's also proven fact that the amount of damage to the environment from mining for lithium and platinum creates as much C02 as an internal combustion engine over it's lifetime. Just another Democratic Pipedream to save the world, lol.

Can you share your data ?

HALLETT BOY

Reaction score
“ Just to build each car battery—weighing upwards of 500 kilograms (1,100 pounds) in size for sport-utility vehicles—would emit up to 74% more C02 than producing an efficient conventional car if it's made in a factory powered by fossil fuels in a place like Germany, according to Berylls' findings.”
This was just the first article when I looked up carbo foot print of electric vehicles , there are thousands...

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score

Don’t worry the government will figure it out for us. They always do. Limited driving times/days for people, Shut down of the grid to power up company vehicles. Delivery shortage will happen. But don’t worry we should not be eating so much anyway. This gets me so excited....I can’t wait for bigger government.

DLC

Reaction score
Don’t worry nobody will be driving - Covid 35 will here soon! Full body containment suits will make wearing a mask seem like a ball cap now days.....

Never let a crisis go to waste! We will have all kinds of new restrictions by 2035 - 2020 will seem like the Wild West ....

spectras only

Reaction score
Big tech are working on toilets that will analyze your excrement for diseases automatically. THAT will remove a ton of health care workers. J/K. Don't know the data on how many people are working in cure for cancer, but would be nice if automated tech would find cure faster. I'm 73 and remember hearing, fighting cancer started in the 50's. BIG industry developed from there on.;)
Told my son after graduating HS, get a trade that can't be replaced by automation easily. Not everyone can become a plumber or electrician, since these jobs will be hard to replace by AI/Robots

Last edited:

Uncle Dave

Reaction score
“ Just to build each car battery—weighing upwards of 500 kilograms (1,100 pounds) in size for sport-utility vehicles—would emit up to 74% more C02 than producing an efficient conventional car if it's made in a factory powered by fossil fuels in a place like Germany, according to Berylls' findings.”
This was just the first article when I looked up carbo foot print of electric vehicles , there are thousands...

"would and If"

Ive seen lots that show the BEV car is dirtier to build but is cleaner over time.

Of course the grid itself has a lot to do with it and how a BEV gets charged has a lot to do with how clean it is.
If the grid is coal then its not much cleaner. Thing is grids tend to shift over time.

As the guy with more toys than almost anyone. I care little about any green issues myself.

I care about performance and the ability to charge at home and start each day with a full " tank"

I also care about American dominance and love that Tesla is slaughtering the Euros and Asians.

Last edited:

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
Building anything from metal on an industrial scale is going to be bad for the environment somewhere.

No one here is trying to convince anyone to buy a small car, and not an F450, because it’s made of less metal, gets better fuel efficiency and is thus better for the planet. So it’s just weird that the argument pops-up when discussing EVs.

The percentage of people who buy EVs to save the planet is astonishingly small.

The overwhelming majority of EV buyers, do so because the car meets their needs. Just like every other car buyer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
The grid won't have to keep up with 200m cars...
By the time manufacturing and production is able to sustain that many cars, the work force will be whittled down significantly. If you look at how many suppliers will be cut by the switch over...

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score

I posed an article awhile back about whats happening in other countries to create all this fancy electrical stuff.

They are literally destroying the planet there.

But the enviro nuts here don't care about That shit cause halfway around the earth!

Fucking hypocrite pieces of shit.

pronstar

Reaction score
Well, here in Sacramento this is definitely not true. They brag all the time about it.

Well then they’re idiots. They’re just killing the planet in a different way.

Not to mention the fucking kids working in cobalt mines...

pronstar

Reaction score
There’s no environmentally friendly way to make cars - regardless of powertrain - on an industrial scale. None.

The sooner we can all accept that, the sooner we can move on with our lives.

badluck

Reaction score
How much platinum and lithium do we have?
i know we have a bunch of oil. I’ve often wondered if this is another save the trees use plastic thing. Always follow the money. Just curious

Uncle Dave

Reaction score
How much platinum and lithium do we have?
i know we have a bunch of oil. I’ve often wondered if this is another save the trees use plastic thing. Always follow the money. Just curious

We can get all the lithium we need in Nevada alone.
Platinum is harder, and I think may be needed more for catalytic converters than a bev? not sure.
Our oil isnt the cheap arab kind, but we have a lot of it hidden away in rocks.