WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

The Z Muscle inspection at Vidal Sunday,,,

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
We brought the boat home this trip for it's 20 hr service, and a few warranty items.

Rolling through well-manned the Z muscle inspection, they asked if our boat was center hull drain (mid-ship)?
I said yes,, so they waved us through with no inspection.

Alice asks, "why no check with a mid hull drain?"

Any takes?:

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
We brought the boat home this trip for it's 20 hr service, and a few warranty items.

Rolling through well-manned the Z muscle inspection, they asked if our boat was center hull drain (mid-ship)?

Any takes?:

Only answer I got is maybe... "Desert people?" :D Word on the street is it's whom ever you talk to when you drive through there.. Seems like some people just wave you on through, while others want to tear the boat apart looking for one?

If you think about it, even if it is a center hull drain that wouldn't prevent the spread. One guy left his boat in the water overnight at the nauticle and they were all over his steering and transom? What about those the next time he drops in the water? Will they be dead or will they still spread? who knows..

I think we're wasting alot of time and $$$ and not really trying to prevent the spread of them. :(

RD

Mondorally

Reaction score
Every time I've been through they've inspected the transom/drive and waved me through. Never asked about or looked in the bilge. I do make it a point to clean the transom/drive before hitting the road.

-Justin

Rivertoys

Lavey Me Alone
Reaction score
They stopped me Monday and asked if I had pulled the drain plug out of the boat. I told them I had not (I never do).....they requested I do so for them.....so I did....

The plug came out, no water came out....they said ok, you're good to go.

I put the plug back in, and left. They didn't ask to see the bilge, where I know about an inch or two of water was standing (not enough to pump though). It didn't come out because the hull angles forward towards the deepest part of the boat, which is the front step.

I didn't understand it at all.....they didn't ask me to drop my drive, which holds a fair amount of water, and that water would transfer to the next lake if I was going say Elsinore or something that afternoon.....

Doesn't make any sence....more feel good politics IMO.....

RTJas :D

DeltaSigBoater

This is... Legendary!
Reaction score
If I had the $$$ I'd buy me an old cookie cutter runabout, let it sit in saltwater for about 7 months, then haul it out to the river/lake one weekend, use my boat that was there, then haul it home just to go through the inspection and see the look on the guys face when I tell him that I I just left the boat in the water for the weekend at the river/lake and when I pulled it out it looked like this

:lamo

boatnam2

Reaction score
Always have the drain plugs out, never had an issue or been stopped.

King295

Well-Known Inmate #20225
Reaction score

Any takes?:
My guess they didn't feel like crawling in your boat to see the plug was out or, the more likely, due to some new CA liability rule due to some worker spraining their ankle getting into or out of a mid-ship drain boat and being on workers comp for the past 18 months with no return on the books.

They always ask if I have an anchor (never bring it with me) and check to make sure my plug is out, hand me an inspection receipt and I'm on my way in 15-30 seconds.

HBCraig

Reaction score
Only answer I got is maybe... "Desert people?" :D Word on the street is it's whom ever you talk to when you drive through there.. Seems like some people just wave you on through, while others want to tear the boat apart looking for one?

If you think about it, even if it is a center hull drain that wouldn't prevent the spread. One guy left his boat in the water overnight at the nauticle and they were all over his steering and transom? What about those the next time he drops in the water? Will they be dead or will they still spread? who knows..

I think we're wasting alot of time and $$$ and not really trying to prevent the spread of them. :(

RD
Those ass hats made me crawl into my covered boat in July to show them my anchor that I never use. I swear I was on a reality TV show and was being punked. After putting my anchor back and re-doing my cover I was sweating my balls off and lost about 8 lbs. They said that okay and were laughing their collective asses off at the fat guy.

Icky

Reaction score
For one this thread is from 2007 and two, just tell them you don't have an anchor

Jed-O

Shitter was full!
Reaction score
Those ass hats made me crawl into my covered boat in July to show them my anchor that I never use. I swear I was on a reality TV show and was being punked. After putting my anchor back and re-doing my cover I was sweating my balls off and lost about 8 lbs. They said that okay and were laughing their collective asses off at the fat guy.
My worst experience was way more horrible than that...