WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

They Got Some Smart Ones Working At LA County

Chili Palmer

Master of My Domian
Reaction score
I’m going to start a building in Torrance, but due to its location all the inspection agencies are LA County. I was reading the Conditions Of Approval and they want us to use electric or battery powered tools and equipment, no diesel equipment unless it’s over 19 horsepower and meets Tier 4 emissions specs and no other options are available. But get this - generators will have to be natural gas powered or electric powered. Yes, electric powered generators. We don’t have that alien technology yet, but I’m sure this free electricity that Bernie was talking about on his 2016 presidential run. I was able to convince the inspector that the Tier 4 generators actually run cleaner and quieter than the natural gas counterparts. So until my temp power is hooked up I’ll be able to use a good ol’ diesel generator. Gotta love city employees that write policy with absolutely no common sense.

Mandelon

Coffee makes me poop.
Reaction score
An electric power electrical generator? Wassat? A solar panel?

WYRD

Reaction score
Screenshot_20210921-172329_Chrome.jpg

spectra3279

Vaginamoney broke
Reaction score
Here's one for ya. Newport Beach.

The way the laws are written for structures(sheds and such). if you set your toolbox on the ground and leave it for a couple of days, it is now an out building.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

napanutt

Connoisseur
Reaction score
I love my Tesla but my god I hope my neighbors realize it’s because it’s fast and neat and not because I support green peace (I don’t support green peace in the least).

Your ad here

Reaction score
I've seen it before. 60hp 3 phase 60hz 480 volt electric motor attached to a 2 bearing generator head that put out 208 volts 3 phase 400hz. Technically an electric generator.

Instigator

Just Livin up to My Name
Reaction score
An electric power electrical generator? Wassat? A solar panel?
No, I think it is a bigger battery and jumper cables. Lmao
Commiefornia is doomed.
Stop spreading the stupidity.

NicPaus

Reaction score
Is it between Normandie and Vermont? Just came from a job there. It's the only Torrance address that is LA county inspectors. Between Normandie and western it's LA City. Not sure which one is worse city, county or Torrance. Waiting on all 3 for projects.

HB2Havasu

Reaction score
I’m going to start a building in Torrance, but due to its location all the inspection agencies are LA County. I was reading the Conditions Of Approval and they want us to use electric or battery powered tools and equipment, no diesel equipment unless it’s over 19 horsepower and meets Tier 4 emissions specs and no other options are available. But get this - generators will have to be natural gas powered or electric powered. Yes, electric powered generators. We don’t have that alien technology yet, but I’m sure this free electricity that Bernie was talking about on his 2016 presidential run. I was able to convince the inspector that the Tier 4 generators actually run cleaner and quieter than the natural gas counterparts. So until my temp power is hooked up I’ll be able to use a good ol’ diesel generator. Gotta love city employees that write policy with absolutely no common sense.

I’m guessing they were referring to something like this?
11CC5EE7-5D29-4D40-A251-5E50DFECDA73.png

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
Is it between Normandie and Vermont? Just came from a job there. It's the only Torrance address that is LA county inspectors. Between Normandie and western it's LA City. Not sure which one is worse city, county or Torrance. Waiting on all 3 for projects.
Yep. We always have to check who we submit plans to along the corridor along the 110 /405. Usually break out the Thomas Bros map book to find out. We prefer L.A. City. ;)

Chili Palmer

Master of My Domian
Reaction score
It’s on the corner of Torrance and Normandie. Just across the street from Pit Stop Burgers.

NicPaus

Reaction score
The old plastic store location. Was wondering what they were going to build there. They were doing demo when I lived across the street from it on Kenwood. That flip house was my first basement project. I lived there 2010-11 ish. Dug underneath the front of the house. If you walked out front door you would fall into the hole. House was a Crack house and city put a lien on it we bought it from bank. Had to tear out majority of it as it was unpermitted.

I will never forget final inspection. It was county inspectors out of Lomita. Cool inspector that is still around ran into him few months ago. He was not going to pass final over a handrail until I told him I couldn't go to Glamis that weekend unless I passed. "GLAMIS" Just make sure you put the handrail in and have a great weekend in Glamis.

DLC

Reaction score
Can’t you just plug the Ele generator into a wall outlet?

that’s how I charge my car!

lol

ka0tyk

Warlock Performance Boats Merchandise Connections
Reaction score
Isn’t a generator typically to run big power equipment? Not little puddly things. All these people linking Costco equipment thinking it’s going to run an air compressor for 12 hours a day…

DarkHorseRacing

Reaction score
No it will run it for 20 minutes, which is just as long as the modern workday if these people are staying home from their former construction jobs to receive handouts from the government.

RCDave

Reaction score
Just plug the genset into your butt and eat plenty of beans.....oh wait, they tax cow farts. Human flatulence can't be far "behind". Only in kaliforniastan.

Just remember, liberals vote to support this INSANITY

Chili Palmer

Master of My Domian
Reaction score
Wow JM Carden. 👍
I’ll make sure their Vic couplings are are torqued down on the connection coming off the fire pump this time. You wouldn’t believe how much water comes out of a 12” line running at 150 psi when the line blew off.

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
I’ll make sure their Vic couplings are are torqued down on the connection coming off the fire pump this time. You wouldn’t believe how much water comes out of a 12” line running at 150 psi when the line blew off.
Hopefully only the parking lot got flooded. You should see how much damage a blown Vic can do in a high rise. :eek:

Chili Palmer

Master of My Domian
Reaction score
Hopefully only the parking lot got flooded. You should see how much damage a blown Vic can do in a high rise. :eek:
Uh no, it was inside the building right next to the office area, flooding out the whole floor. Of course it happened the first time I took off to lunch with my equipment sales guy. I came back to see them and the new building owner sweeping water out the front lobby doors and truck ramp. Luckily they had polished concrete floors.

dirtslinger2

Reaction score
Who's doing your temp power? I got a buddy who's business does this, they're a South Bay company.

HBCraig

Reaction score
The young folks here have no idea what that map actually is. I still have mine.

Yep. We always have to check who we submit plans to along the corridor along the 110 /405. Usually break out the Thomas Bros map book to find out. We prefer L.A. City. ;)

Chili Palmer

Master of My Domian
Reaction score
Who's doing your temp power? I got a buddy who's business does this, they're a South Bay company.
Right now I've got United Site Services doing temp fence, toilets, and temp power, but they are lagging on the fence and temp power. Shoot me a pm and let me have his info, hopefully he's already qualified through our company. Thanks.

PaPaG

Reaction score
And day by day we see more bullcrap out of parts of or entire California that proves that idiots are running the state and allowing their idiot minions to make up rules and create policy that causing good productive tax generating business owners to run from Commifornia.

dirtslinger2

Reaction score
Right now I've got United Site Services doing temp fence, toilets, and temp power, but they are lagging on the fence and temp power. Shoot me a pm and let me have his info, hopefully he's already qualified through our company. Thanks.

Just PM'd you his name and number

Taboma

Reaction score
Should have bought a new Ford F150 with a built in 7KW genny -- then you can idle a twin turbo 3.5 L V-6 all day to power your skill saw. 😂

C-2

Reaction score

Oldschool. White vs Yellow