WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

They're Back!

Chili Palmer

Master of My Domian
Reaction score
....and not those shitty pork hamburger sandwiches either - It's MONSTER TACOS!

Love 'em or hate 'em we all have had Jack In The Box tacos at the end of a night of drinking. No they're not the best tacos out there, but there's something about that mystery meat they put in them and their hot sauce that makes it complete and closes the evening, but the Monster Tacos kick it up a notch, with a generous helping of mystery meat in a longer shell. I was going to go get a chicken bowl from the teriyaki place, but when I saw MONSTER TACOS I had to have some. I'll probably get them again in the next couple of weeks, then that'll be it for about a year if they're out again. I'm like that with Big Macs - I can go a year or two and not have one then I'll have 2 within about 3 weeks, then I'm good for another few years.

napanutt

Connoisseur
Reaction score
Jack in the box was mine and the wifes go to when we met in 1983. 🤘

boatnam2

Reaction score
Hard to beat the JACK N CRACK taco, even better in its big brother form. I remember when you got 2 tacos a fry and coke for $1.06, daily staple as a young pup.

coolchange

Lower level functionary
Reaction score
....and not those shitty pork hamburger sandwiches either - It's MONSTER TACOS!

Love 'em or hate 'em we all have had Jack In The Box tacos at the end of a night of drinking. No they're not the best tacos out there, but there's something about that mystery meat they put in them and their hot sauce that makes it complete and closes the evening, but the Monster Tacos kick it up a notch, with a generous helping of mystery meat in a longer shell. I was going to go get a chicken bowl from the teriyaki place, but when I saw MONSTER TACOS I had to have some. I'll probably get them again in the next couple of weeks, then that'll be it for about a year if they're out again. I'm like that with Big Macs - I can go a year or two and not have one then I'll have 2 within about 3 weeks, then I'm good for another few years.
It’s not meat, it’s Taco filling! (TVP)

johnnyC

Reaction score
I remember when you could get the jack in the box tacos for $.14 cents , they were my fav. then and still are , the onion rings were the bomb but they changed them years ago.... now their not so great!

RCDave

Reaction score
Ground and mixed in a blender, donkey meat tacos!!!! The blow out faster than ya can eat em. But taste damn good though

Waterjunky

RDP Inmate #94
Reaction score
Yea, Jack in the Box taco's are a hidden weakness of mine. I keep it under control so I only get them a couple of times a year.

never had the monster, just the regular.

Gelcoater

Reaction score
You guys enjoy that...stuff. 🤮

Taco, Regular Filling Ingredients: Beef, Chicken, Water, Textured Vegetable Protein (Soy Flour, Caramel Color), Defatted Soy Grits, Seasoning (Chili Pepper, Corn Maltodextrin, Spices, Bleached Enriched Wheat Flour [Niacin, Reduced Iron, Thiamine Mononitrate, Riboflavin, and Folic Acid], Salt, Garlic Powder, Hydrolyzed Corn, Soy, and Wheat Proteins, Monosodium Glutamate, Onion Powder, Natural Flavors, Disodium Inosinate, Disodium Guanylate, Succinic Acid), Salt, Tomato Paste, Worcestershire Sauce (Distilled Vinegar, Molasses, Corn Syrup, Water, Salt, Caramel Color, Garlic Powder, Sugar, Spices, Tamarind, Natural Flavor, Sulfiting Agent). Tortilla Ingredients: Ground Corn, Water, Lime. Cooked in Canola Blend Frying Oil. Contains Soy, Wheat

QC22

Landing Loser
Reaction score
Taco, Regular Filling Ingredients: Beef, Chicken, Water, Textured Vegetable Protein (Soy Flour, Caramel Color), Defatted Soy Grits, Seasoning (Chili Pepper, Corn Maltodextrin, Spices, Bleached Enriched Wheat Flour [Niacin, Reduced Iron, Thiamine Mononitrate, Riboflavin, and Folic Acid], Salt, Garlic Powder, Hydrolyzed Corn, Soy, and Wheat Proteins, Monosodium Glutamate, Onion Powder, Natural Flavors, Disodium Inosinate, Disodium Guanylate, Succinic Acid), Salt, Tomato Paste, Worcestershire Sauce (Distilled Vinegar, Molasses, Corn Syrup, Water, Salt, Caramel Color, Garlic Powder, Sugar, Spices, Tamarind, Natural Flavor, Sulfiting Agent). Tortilla Ingredients: Ground Corn, Water, Lime. Cooked in Canola Blend Frying Oil. Contains Soy, Wheat
Yummy. Had a pair for lunch today $1.50.

jetboatperformance

Reaction score
I dont eat "fast food" but now I'm hungry for a mystery meat Jack Taco, (fresh grilled cod home grown Tacos)

Attachments

• Resized_20210920_204044_8202.jpeg
    Resized_20210920_204044_8202.jpeg
    159.9 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:

DRYHEAT

Reaction score
Don’t leave out Naugles egg burritos!
Did Naugles ever come back? I recall there was a thread about it a while back but I haven’t seen one yet. Maybe because I don’t go to California if I don’t have to.😊

Gelcoater

Reaction score
Did Naugles ever come back? I recall there was a thread about it a while back but I haven’t seen one yet. Maybe because I don’t go to California if I don’t have to.😊
I remember seeing that too.
I’m not sure but I think a plandemic got in the way?
Would love to try it again.

DRYHEAT

Reaction score
I remember seeing that too.
I’m not sure but I think a plandemic got in the way?
Would love to try it again.
I kind of forget about the pandemic because nothing for me really ever changed, except when I get yelled at for walking into someplace in Portland without a mask on. 😆

Boatymcboatface

Reaction score
The have two naugles in the OC one is on the boardwalk in Huntington Beach I tried it and it wasn’t really the same.

Jack in the box tacos are one of my weaknesses loved them since I was a kid but I think it had a lot to do with the fact that my dad would get a craving for one every few months at about 10:30 at night so I’d go with him.

Gelcoater

Reaction score
I kind of forget about the pandemic because nothing for me really ever changed, except when I get yelled at for walking into someplace in Portland without a mask on. 😆
pretty much me too.
I still worked.
If anything it was kinda nice because traffic was light.👍

2 weeks in lockdown in April of 2020 when the wife had it.
That was about it🤷‍♂️
We contained her and me not either daughter caught it from her.
One daughter later caught it but she’s only a semi resident here anymore, so that was easy enough😂

Edit...
about it other than a lot less dining out and fast food. No big loss looking back.

Lumpy

Reaction score
Walked out of 321 Santa Monica Blvd at 2-3am many times...3 blocks up and one over...only to devour 6 in under 5 minutes. Then race home to the North end of Malibu over 90 mph the entire way.

Chili Palmer

Master of My Domian
Reaction score

It’s still better than that Beyond Meat shit.

DRYHEAT

Reaction score
It’s still better than that Beyond Meat shit.
Sometimes makes me wonder if my favorite burger place is secretly sneaking fake meat into my burger. Since I’ve never tried it I don’t know if you can taste the difference or not.🤷‍♀️

LazyLavey

Reaction score

better living through chemistry. 😊

badgas

Reaction score
There is something addictive about them.
It's the MSG and the Sugar

My old mentor used to say in reference to Jack in Box tacos " They are so bad they're good "

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score

Here's one for ya.... I had a real bad acid reflux problem... I noticed that when I ate them.... no reflux.... so I went on a JITB diet,.. thats all I has every day for about 2 weeks,.. reflux gone... no more waking up at night with fire in my gut.... now,.. if I ever feel it starting to come back, I hit up JITB ,

Redracer1090

Reaction score
Jack in the box secret sauce on hamburger in the late 60's 70's good stuff really thousand island its a secret shhhhhs:)

BlowMe

Reaction score
Just had 2 for breakfast. Whats yalls favorite way to eat them? Mine is with ranch and while sitting on the toilet cause they make me pee out my ass. But damn are they good lol