WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

thieves in the keys....

bruddah

Reaction score
some friends of mine had 6 wakeboards stolen this weekend in the keys.... 3 off two boats that were parked in front of the house they were staying at... the thieves cut the chords holding the boards and took it all! so to everyone that leaves their stuff out, be careful...

i hate fockin thieves and i hope these assholes break their legs trying to use these boards if they try and ride em, as much as i like to think the desert and river are the way they used to be where everyone looks after eachother and helps eachother out, something like this happens and reminds me of the times!:swear:swear:swear

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
that fuckin blows.. It's so foreign to me to here this kind of shit growing up there, and never having anything stolen. Shit I leave the keys in the boat, trucks etc.. most the time.

RD

hawkes24

this ***** sux
Reaction score
that fuckin blows.. It's so foreign to me to here this kind of shit growing up there, and never having anything stolen. Shit I leave the keys in the boat, trucks etc.. most the time.

RD

:hmm:hmm let me know next time youre going down i know some messicans that are looking for a navi and a schiada

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
:hmm:hmm let me know next time youre going down i know some messicans that are looking for a navi and a schiada

Take em both.. LOL Their both overly insured and I'd make out on the deal. LOL

RD

hawkes24

this ***** sux
Reaction score
:headscratch::grumble: never mind that takes all the fun out of it then :D

BoatCop

Retired And Loving It.
Reaction score
Why didn't you report it?

When we bust tweakers and there's a bunch of stuff we know they can't afford, we can't get the stuff back to the owners if we don't know who it was stolen from.

We either have to let them keep it, or it sits in our evidence room for the next 20 years.

People often think there's nothing the cops can do when their stuff is jacked and don't bother reporting it. I guarantee that you weren't the only one who had his stuff jacked.

Don't think that you shouldn't bother us with minor shit. That's what we do and what we get paid for. How can we try and stop crime when we don't know who, what and where it's taking place.

Last night there was a blacked out PWC cruising the Keys late at night. Once we got there they were long gone. When we catch people like this and they've got a bunch of ski equipment and shit how are we supposed to know where it came from?

Report ALL thefts. We'll do out best to get your stuff back and put the dirtbags in jail. A little info goes a long way. Ask Dean-O (Where's My Keyes). We got the guy who jacked Cameron Steele's stuff from the Keys on a Race weekend, on a teensy bit of info.

where's my keyes ?

Reaction score
it doesn't help that the association gate was wide open all freakin weekend - we had 2 houses in the keys full of people, with wakeboard boats, trucks left out front (unlocked), our stuff left out on the front decks etc. and had no problems -- bummer ..... give alan (boatcop) a holla and have him look out for any items that might be for sale locally ............ :thumbsdown

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
By blacked out, do you mean the PWC was painted all black?

RD

hawkes24

this ***** sux
Reaction score

RD

straight up murdered out flat black with the dude wearing a black wetsuit and black face paint navy seal style.....only missing all his teeth and itching himself alot

BoatCop

Retired And Loving It.
Reaction score

RD

straight up murdered out flat black with the dude wearing a black wetsuit and black face paint navy seal style.....only missing all his teeth and itching himself alot

Not to that extent. But no lights and when a resident shined a flashlight on them they started yelling at them and split. Didn't get any numbers and no real description.

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
It's the entire Parker Strip Bruddah.
Everything can be flipped for money.
Even an old Tom petty Cassette,, anything.

BajaT

Reaction score

When we bust tweakers and there's a bunch of stuff we know they can't afford, we can't get the stuff back to the owners if we don't know who it was stolen from.

We either have to let them keep it, or it sits in our evidence room for the next 20 years.

He just did report it!! LOL

Last edited:

Riverbottom

Reaction score
I have been so lucky in the Keys. Have always left the keys in the ignition, and the fast boats never had a key anyway. I will have to be a little more careful. Can't say I have ever lost anything in twenty years.

bruddah

Reaction score

People often think there's nothing the cops can do when their stuff is jacked and don't bother reporting it. I guarantee that you weren't the only one who had his stuff jacked.

Don't think that you shouldn't bother us with minor shit. That's what we do and what we get paid for. How can we try and stop crime when we don't know who, what and where it's taking place.

Last night there was a blacked out PWC cruising the Keys late at night. Once we got there they were long gone. When we catch people like this and they've got a bunch of ski equipment and shit how are we supposed to know where it came from?

Report ALL thefts. We'll do out best to get your stuff back and put the dirtbags in jail. A little info goes a long way. Ask Dean-O (Where's My Keyes). We got the guy who jacked Cameron Steele's stuff from the Keys on a Race weekend, on a teensy bit of info.

alan, i wasnt there just heard the news today when i talked to my buddy but what i do know is that it was taken monday night... ill get some details about what the stuff looks like and pm you the info, i and everyone appreciates your help!:thumbsup

BoatCop

Retired And Loving It.
Reaction score
PM your name, address and phone #, too. I'll need that to open a case and file the report. I'll also need all info, such as make, color, etc. of everything taken. And if there's any pictures, even of the stuff hanging off the roll bar will help.

Alan

alan, i wasnt there just heard the news today when i talked to my buddy but what i do know is that it was taken monday night... ill get some details about what the stuff looks like and pm you the info, i and everyone appreciates your help!:thumbsup

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
I have been so lucky in the Keys. Have always left the keys in the ignition, and the fast boats never had a key anyway. I will have to be a little more careful. Can't say I have ever lost anything in twenty years.

It's changed.

Be a street ahead of the thugs is the plan now. :thumbsup

Riverbottom

Reaction score
It's changed.

Be a street ahead of the thugs is the plan now. :thumbsup

I will try to stay optimistic, usually if one of my boats is missing, in the A.M. it's someone I know that needed a way home. This was a regular occurance when Sports Valley was open. Unfortuantely most of the break ins and thefts have been by one family this last year. I know the father pretty well, and it has been a real disappointment to the family.

EarpRider

Reaction score

BoatCop, Do you guys share crimes stats or loss information with the San Bernardino Sheriff?

BoatCop

Retired And Loving It.
Reaction score
BoatCop, Do you guys share crimes stats or loss information with the San Bernardino Sheriff?

When we come across a cache of suspected stolen property we notify SBCSO to see if it's part of anything stolen on the CA side. They do the same for us.

420HOA

FIRM MEMBER
Reaction score
WAS JAMES IN TOWN ? The only theft I know of in the keys, was done by a resident. The system slapped his wrist with probation. Did anyone ask to see the entry gate video ? Did anyone report it to Keys management? They need something else to do besides harrass all the homeowners on Apache Loop.:rolleyes:

where's my keyes ?

Reaction score
WAS JAMES IN TOWN ? The only theft I know of in the keys, was done by a resident. The system slapped his wrist with probation. Did anyone ask to see the entry gate video ? Did anyone report it to Keys management? They need something else to do besides harrass all the homeowners on Apache Loop.:rolleyes:

i thought that same thing (about JR) ........... i did actually see someone at their home, fiddling around in the garage ... (and the entry gate was OPEN all weekend ??) ....... so you're telling me, after all of the stuff (worth $$$$$) he took last year at the P-425, that all he got was a pat on the back ?? :swear i do want to THANK my buddy alan nelson for leading the investigators to him in the first place -- once a thief always a theif .. he'll get his !!!! :skull

linus3

Reaction score
It would be worth a check at the local pawn shops. Fargin Tweekers

420HOA

FIRM MEMBER
Reaction score
i thought that same thing (about JR) ........... i did actually see someone at their home, fiddling around in the garage ... (and the entry gate was OPEN all weekend ??) ....... so you're telling me, after all of the stuff (worth $$$$$) he took last year at the P-425, that all he got was a pat on the back ?? :swear i do want to THANK my buddy alan nelson for leading the investigators to him in the first place -- once a thief always a theif .. he'll get his !!!! :skull
Funny the way things play out. Last year while on probation he raced the Parker motorcyle race. He and AJ won the race , made the front page of the Parker Pioneer. I know he was not to leave California while on probation. I always wondered if his probation officer put two & two together. I dont know if he is still stealing, we crushed him " mentally " that weekend. It will take time and distance to change how I feel, I mean he left my house @ 3:00am and ripped off my neighbor. I never forget.:swear I know my neighbor won't. :skull

RiverDiva

"Team RDP"
Reaction score
Funny the way things play out. Last year while on probation he raced the Parker motorcyle race. He and AJ won the race , made the front page of the Parker Pioneer. I know he was not to leave California while on probation. I always wondered if his probation officer put two & two together. I dont know if he is still stealing, we crushed him " mentally " that weekend. It will take time and distance to change how I feel, I mean he left my house @ 3:00am and ripped off my neighbor. I never forget.:swear I know my neighbor won't. :skull

Yeah that was a crappy deal. He seems pretty remorseful though. It sucks that the first person we all thought of when reading this thread was him. That's a label he's stuck with now....pretty bad punishment on it's own. Sometimes having to live next to and face the people you stole from is enough...hopefully it was for him.

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score
Yeah that was a crappy deal. He seems pretty remorseful though. It sucks that the first person we all thought of when reading this thread was him. That's a label he's stuck with now....pretty bad punishment on it's own. Sometimes having to live next to and face the people you stole from is enough...hopefully it was for him.

First thing that ran through my mind also.

Moneypit

Ol' school kid..........
Reaction score
If I knew what to look for, I would be glad to look around the BHC area Pawn shops. I was offered some tools by some guy that came by my shop. I guess I scared him off as he didn't come back with the tools. I always say "sure, go get them, I'll buy them"......And then call the LE while they wait for their money...Thieves are the scum of the earth. Unfortunately, unless they have an extensive record, the punishment is seldom enough to "send a message" that their thieving ways won't be tolerated. My pet peeve is graffiti. I think 10 years for a first offense should be mandatory.... ....Can some one PM me with a little info on the stolen stuff? Maybe a flier that I could leave with the BHC watersports shops??.....Glad to help, if I can......Ray

420HOA

FIRM MEMBER
Reaction score
I too hate grafitti. The sentence should be imposed on the PARENTS if their under age. The perp should loose a finger for each offense, guaranteed to stop after 10 offenses.:swear

TYLER DURDEN

I really don't care
Reaction score
may want to check out craigslist to see if has been listed for sale. also check some of the wakeboarding website classified sections.

karma will get the scumbags one way or another. always does.

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
Always report stuff stolen.
The LEOS can connect the dots and often link it to bigger and more tragic things the ass wipes did.

We never call security at the parks, we call the leos.

racerden

Boat #197
Reaction score

It's nice to know the AZ folks care Alan. When my CA side river home was broken in to a few years past, the San Berdo Deputy came by, took a report and basically said g'luk & it was not likely the goods bagged would ever again show, which I understood. What got to me was his lack of enthuiasm regarding information on where to inquire & what to do afterwards for possible property recovery. Thanks for listening pal.
________
BODY SCIENCE

Last edited:

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Ya know it'd be worth the items getting stolen just to catch the prick in the act..

RD

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
It's nice to know the AZ folks care Alan. What got to me was his lack of enthuiasm regarding information on where to inquire & what to do afterwards for possible property recovery. Thanks for listening pal.

The whole world looks like a garbage heap to LEOS.
Perhaps that reflects in their take on life itself.

I hang with several a few hours for days each week and their job sucks.

Riverbottom

Reaction score
We have a new elected Sherriff in La Paz County ( Parker ) which I hope helps. Our old Sherriff was a nice guy, but did not have the huevos for the job.

where's my keyes ?

Reaction score
Ya know it'd be worth the items getting stolen just to catch the prick in the act..

RD

Dave, i'm not sure there is enough time in any given day for you to do an RD-STING-OPERATION :skull..... you're way to busy babysitting your website lately :rolleyes: ---- i feel for ya brother, can't wait to have a beer with you on the 4th --- :drnkfr d-no