WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Thieves stole my truck in Texas

J DUNN

Unknown Member
Reaction score
My daughter lost her game today so they won’t move on to semi’s and will fly home Saturday. I rented them a car so they WILL be able to make it to Magnolia Market tomorrow, praise the Lord!

Oh, on the truck? No. Didn’t really expect much. My BIL is FBI and called with condolences last night. Said he’s working a case now of a multi-state car theft ring. Said most cars get vin swap and a wrap and are re-sold in days. Of course that’s in the South, not a border state.

J DUNN

Unknown Member
Reaction score
So there may be a silver lining here, but still I'd rather have my truck....... I financed the whole thing and got GAP coverage on it because it was all financed. So if (likely) insurance pays me out less than I owe on it then GAP kicks in and SHOULD cover the rest AND part of my deductible ($1000). So IF that all works then I basically paid the payment on the vehicle for the two months I drove it and paid whatever portion of deductible that doesn't get covered by GAP. I'm also out some value of items that were in the truck, probably $1500.

Still sucks but in the end it could be better than putting $10k down and having insurance company come up way short on value.

LuauLounge

Reaction score
Hope it works out, insurance companies are all about the fine print.

Havasu Surfer

Reaction score
My daughter lost her game today so they won’t move on to semi’s and will fly home Saturday. I rented them a car so they WILL be able to make it to Magnolia Market tomorrow, praise the Lord!

Oh, on the truck? No. Didn’t really expect much. My BIL is FBI and called with condolences last night. Said he’s working a case now of a multi-state car theft ring. Said most cars get vin swap and a wrap and are re-sold in days. Of course that’s in the South, not a border state.
Aren't newer vehicles designed with hidden VIN#/Stampings to avoid this practice?

4Waters

Reaction score

hman442

Reaction score
A '17 Silverado would definitely have the theft deterrent key system. I imagine the thieves likely have a little box of sorts that emits all the possible frequencies, so the truck thinks the correct key is present, and off they go