WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Thin skins these days

jetboatperformance

Reaction score
I realized as I wrote this that I got offended when a relative made a comment about my limp (backs out)

But I experienced full force the wrath of another ... I was answering phone questions from an "installer" on one of the parts (rail kit) we sell , when asked if my "kits" were polished I said "no I lost my little (insert ethnicity) polisher, he moved on" .....As no more than said it , the other end was silent then came a hang up... I called back thinking i was simply disconnected but when I got this person he was incensed at my "ethnic" reference , I apologized verbally and then texted same apology , later I got back two pages of vitriol text ... Lesson learned ;)

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
I was taught from an early age that you treat other people politely and cautiously until you know then a bit. Referring to someone as a possessed ethnicity (My.........) Has been in very poor taste for quiet a long time. If all you get is a list customer and a diatribe of a text, you're lucky now-a-days

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

jetboatperformance

Reaction score
Screen shots of vitriol or it didn't happen :)

(edited) Hey this is **** with "Acme Speed Marine" I have referred you to several customers I have three customers that have contacted you ones already started to do business with you I am going to make sure that I retract all my customers from you I'll never recommend you again not a good business person at all very bad way to do business You are no better than any white man white girl Mexican black African American Russian anything anybody is willing to do a good job you should respect that obviously you don't we don't need you in our state just like Trump said get out of the u.s. get the heck out ******************************************

500bbc

Reaction score
(edited) Hey this is **** with "Acme Speed Marine" I have referred you to several customers I have three customers that have contacted you ones already started to do business with you I am going to make sure that I retract all my customers from you I'll never recommend you again not a good business person at all very bad way to do business You are no better than any white man white girl Mexican black African American Russian anything anybody is willing to do a good job you should respect that obviously you don't we don't need you in our state just like Trump said get out of the u.s. get the heck out ******************************************
Triggered!!!!

Shit, if that twat waffle heard me and my friends talking they'd shit an actual brick.:D

Your ad here

Reaction score
Funny. I was out drinking with some people in their late 20s. Rode over to Ballast Point with them. Listening to rap. You know, the beat my bitch, bouncing on my dick, n word, n word, n word. Anyways we get there and one of them asked what table. I said the one by the brother (black guy). The group got pissed at me saying I'm going to get them kick out for being a racist. Asked them what would've been the appropriate word. No one knew. I don't go out with them anymore.

Andy B.

Reaction score
Funny. I was out drinking with some people in their late 20s. Rode over to Ballast Point with them. Listening to rap. You know, the beat my bitch, bouncing on my dick, n word, n word, n word. Anyways we get there and one of them asked what table. I said the one by the brother (black guy). The group got pissed at me saying I'm going to get them kick out for being a racist. Asked them what would've been the appropriate word. No one knew. I don't go out with them anymore.

They were being racist themselves they didn't know it could have been your brother from another mother!:D

kevnmcd

Reaction score
The department I work with were at a holiday lunch a few years ago. We have quite a few younger engineers in our group in their mid 20's or so. Anyway, one of them was getting married soon and I told him to make sure that his soon to be wife knew the 3 skills that every wife should have according to Mark and Brian (anyone from LA area will know who I am talking about) and left it at that. He laughed but didn't have a clue as to where the saying came from as none of them were old enough to remember who the hell Mark and Brian were. Well, one of them across the table (yep a woman) that I wasn't even talking to but just a nosy little #@%&@ went straight to my boss crying and complaining. Not more than 2 minutes after returning to the office, did I get called into the bosses office asking what the hell I said to her, so I told him. He laughed but said I need to watch what I say or I will end up in HR next time.....whatever! These "kids" need to grow up and grow some thicker skin! LOL

jetboatperformance

Reaction score
Having worked in customer service most of my life I try not to offend anyone but sometimes sh*t happens , this was my response :So a slip of the tongue about my "***** polishers" (now out of business) an offensive comment to you I owned up to and which I apologized for is now getting me two pages of what looks to be a rage and threat of slander and perhaps libel and on top of that a threatened me personally. I don't take that lightly , you could have just accepted the apology and moved on but you appear to want revenge or something. I blocked you from my phone as of this text

Gelcoater

Reaction score
Having worked in customer service most of my life I try not to offend anyone but sometimes sh*t happens , this was my response :So a slip of the tongue about my "***** polishers" (now out of business) an offensive comment to you I owned up to and which I apologized for is now getting me two pages of what looks to be a rage and threat of slander and perhaps libel and on top of that a threatened me personally. I don't take that lightly , you could have just accepted the apology and moved on but you appear to want revenge or something. I blocked you from my phone as of this text
Send him a link to the Political section of RDP:)

OLDRAAT

inadequate member
Reaction score
I was just trying to figure out the punctuation of said rant...carry on.:D

Universal Elements

Reaction score
The department I work with were at a holiday lunch a few years ago. We have quite a few younger engineers in our group in their mid 20's or so. Anyway, one of them was getting married soon and I told him to make sure that his soon to be wife knew the 3 skills that every wife should have according to Mark and Brian (anyone from LA area will know who I am talking about) and left it at that. He laughed but didn't have a clue as to where the saying came from as none of them were old enough to remember who the hell Mark and Brian were. Well, one of them across the table (yep a woman) that I wasn't even talking to but just a nosy little #@%&@ went straight to my boss crying and complaining. Not more than 2 minutes after returning to the office, did I get called into the bosses office asking what the hell I said to her, so I told him. He laughed but said I need to watch what I say or I will end up in HR next time.....whatever! These "kids" need to grow up and grow some thicker skin! LOL

Nothing worse than unauthorized eaves droppers getting their info wrong and running with it. Lol

Moneypit

Ol' school kid..........
Reaction score
Tom, we all know you have a good heart, and didn't really mean anything by what you said. (what ever it was)... I will still send anyone in need your way. Granted I don't see as many people as I use to, but still talk to some down at the ramp in Needles.. Carry on buddy...
Ray

Wheeler

I'm just here to bitch about others negativity.😁
Reaction score
But I experienced full force the wrath of another ... I was answering phone questions from an "installer" on one of the parts (rail kit) we sell , when asked if my "kits" were polished I said "no I lost my little (insert ethnicity) polisher, he moved on" ..... ;)

Was your polisher Polish? o_O

bbrownster

Reaction score

What are the three skills?

JDKRXW

Reaction score
I... I was answering phone questions from an "installer" ;)

This 'installer' has every right to be offended by your original comment.
You man'd up immediately and apologized. Good on you.
If this guy still has hard feelings after your apology.....fine. Call someone else at your company or call your competition.
What this piece of shit snowflake has no right to do is start harassing/threatening you.
I'd be turning the tables and sending these messages to HIS boss.

riverroyal

Reaction score
Lots of incorrect English in the text. Kind of a run on sentence. Ha.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Lots of incorrect English in the text. Kind of a run on sentence. Ha.
Ain't gettin' anything past you today...lol
:D:D:D:D
Screenshot_20190221-113555_Google.jpg

riverroyal

Reaction score
You cant say anything anymore. You should see or hear what its like on a construction site now. Nobody even talks!

jetboatperformance

Reaction score
Tom, we all know you have a good heart, and didn't really mean anything by what you said. (what ever it was)... I will still send anyone in need your way. Granted I don't see as many people as I use to, but still talk to some down at the ramp in Needles.. Carry on buddy...
Ray
Thanks Ray business is really good and I appreciate your comments... The problem here as I see it was this guy was "looking for a fight" his reaction kind of surprised me but his threats and bullshit were just indicative of the society we now live in a "climate" where its hard to predict how folks will react . The guy in question here was ask by my purchasing customer to install one of My JBP rail kits we now manufacture , i called the actual customer and he indicated the thin skinned dude was a bit reactionary , as our rail kits come with comprehensive tech help it will be interesting to see how that portion of this will go moving forward

Attachments

• trex rails.jpg
    trex rails.jpg
    107.1 KB · Views: 98

RGH'sBaba

Reaction score
Please don't let some beanbag (probable) bludgeon you into being another pc cunt unwilling to call shit what it is. That faggot pc shit it THEIR deal and it gets more accepted with each spineless NATIVE to this Country that pussies out and plays their game. F that and F them.
Deportation by Catapult solves many problems.

Moneypit

Ol' school kid..........
Reaction score
Boy, you got that CNC humming right along...Like I told you years ago, "once you go CNC you'll never go back"...
Ray

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
You cant say anything anymore. You should see or hear what its like on a construction site now. Nobody even talks!
Well crap! Shit talking and running your mouth were the only things that made some jobs bearable. Shouting and cussing at your crew was the way of the world. Have a beer or two with them before you head home...wake up and do it again. Really, that's the only part I miss.

Wheeler

I'm just here to bitch about others negativity.😁
Reaction score

What about the beer, dogs and loud music? ;)

motormonkey

Reaction score
Anybody remember
Fat Frank's machine shop? Whos motto on the wall was Built by Mexicans and Polocks. Haha.