WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Thinking about buying a jet boat..

Cray Paper

Reaction score
I worked at a boat shop in the late 80's / early 90's that sold Carrera Boats and have always had a longing for a jet boat. The shop sold a bunch of them and a jet was the first boat I ever got behind the wheel of. My wife and I took my sister and her boyfriend out for dinner tonight and had a birds eye view of the narrow Snohomish River and their were several jet boats with younger people having fun doing what you do with big block Chevys and Fords and jet drives. Maybe I'm in my mid life crisis, but I am not the only one, my wife kept saying that looks like so much fun. If you have ever piloted a jet boat, you know how much fun they can be, albeit with sever limitations and more importantly, fuel costs.

Long story short, I would love to buy a 32' + wave crusher so we can run up to the San Juan Islands but that is not a reality until I am done paying off the Ex wife in a couple of years. My wife asked if we could buy some jet skies, I hesitated and said I would rather buy a jet boat for about the same money and be able to let my teenage sons or her 26 YO daughter if she wants to come up from CA.

Looking for input on this rational as well as leads on a boat / trailer that will fit in our garage. We have a 3 car garage and the max depth is about 23'. I would prefer to store it in our garage but if its the right boat, price, condition and colors can deal with it.

Anyone have a lead on a 20 - 21' BBC / Berkley set up with white base, non pink / teal colors in great condition for less than 20K? Last year this would have been a no brainier, but with the Covid-19 factor boat prices seem to be inflated.

Cray Paper

Reaction score
The Snohomish River is only a couple miles away from our home, but is narrow, fast moving tidaly influenced water levels and has a lot of submerged pilings and dead man logs. I thought about taking my 25 Eliminator Eagle up it but after seeing the river at low tide thought better about it. It is 20'+ deep at low tide but the pilings at submerged trees limit the navigatble portion to 100' wide. We have lots of lakes and rivers around us we could use the boat on, but the larger lakes get really rough in the afternoon, even for the Eliminator 25' Eagle I used to own. Got beat up to many times in that boat on Lake Washington.

J 2

Reaction score
You won't get to many positive answers about jet boats here. One member posted jet boat posts should be deleted along with the political & covid crap posts. Hmm River Dave's. I hear river I think jets not big ass $$$,$$$ boats like a lot of these guys have. There are a few jet boat guys here. I've been through outboards, outdrives and prefer my jet boats. Boating isn't cheap, gas is required regardless of how much. I can burn 25 gallons in my 19' Daytona in less than an hour, worth every dollar :p

You're on the right track with Berkeley, American Turbine is good too. 21's are more common than 20's. 23' garage will have to use 2 spaces to fit or cut a hole in the wall and build a box for the jet. I'm with you on the colors, however if the right make & model appear take a look. Last year the right boat for me had a color in it I wasn't thrilled about, but when I looked at the entire package I bought it. The used market is pretty stupid now, but if you look everyday there are deals to be had. You'll have to move quick, since you worked at a boat shop I assume you know what to look for. I found over the years that sizing up the owner of the boat will tell you how it was taken care of. Good luck with your search.

buck35

Reaction score
Check Craigslist in the he various eastern Washington areas. There's quite a few on this side.good luck on the search!

Devious_Chris

I wear sunglasses, lake Havasu city az.
Reaction score
I support your Jet Boat thoughts!
IMG_2525.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

DC-88

Reaction score
The Placecrafts are good too. Like a flying couch . Unfortunately I may need to sell this one that we have put a ton of $ in updates into this year due to too many irons in the fire —
Adjustments.jpg

IMG_3462.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Backlash

Reaction score
So, you're looking for a boat that tops out at 50mph, but sounds like it's going 100? 🤔😁

nuckingfuts

Reaction score
Sounds like you were in Monroe, there are lots of guys run that strech of the river in jet boats. You might want to give Skagen Boats in Auburn a call as they might be able to steer you in the right direction.

BlowMe

Reaction score
I dont get why most of yall on here hate on them so much....its just a different type of boat thats all. Different strokes for different folks. We love and enjoy the boating community and lifestyle just as much and like yall do...im mean for fucks sake....we aint grads.....🤣

Reaction score
used to be some guy up by the skagit river/valley that was the local jetboat guru. my google search is coming up with nothing though.

C08H18

Reaction score
post up on Skagen's FB page and the guys in Everett area will reply. Or call Tony and let him know what you're looking for. I have a '78 Cole T-deck, 18' hull, ~ 21-22' overall if trying to fit in the garage.

Devious_Chris

I wear sunglasses, lake Havasu city az.
Reaction score
There was one of these parked in the Channel last friday that looked very similar with a young kid driving it and sounded great, a CP is on my short list in the near future for Wednesdays up to the Sandbar [emoji106]

That was probably Carter in this boat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Hallett Dave

I don't feel tardy
Reaction score
Clearly you've never been in a Real jet boat.

Great idea Dave! Say, could you loan me a coupon? Thanks. 👍

In my best Soup Nazi voice........No coupon for you!!!! ;)

Joe, you and the family be safe on the water. Cheers. :)

Cray Paper

Reaction score
Sounds like you were in Monroe, there are lots of guys run that strech of the river in jet boats. You might want to give Skagen Boats in Auburn a call as they might be able to steer you in the right direction.
No, we are in Mill Creek WA, I grew up in Kirkland WA and am well aware of Skagen Marine. I dont have the time to scour ads to find the best deal on a boat right now and was hoping some one would post an ad for a boat a could snap up. I like decent deals and despise being upside down in recreational things.

white tortilla

Reaction score
Jets are great boats, you just have to ignore all the old pontoon guys on here who bought a Tahiti with a 455 olds when they were younger and blew it up first trip out cause they are still sour. The jet drive is basically maintenance free, the barrier to entry cost is low, motors are usually simple BBC that are easy to work on without exotic electrical systems so any decent mechanically inclined person can diagnose issues.
0E0FB815-9587-4345-9225-61A483200388.jpeg