WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Thinking about driving boat from havi to needles

Faceaz

Reaction score
Did it one time from South Lake Havasu to Bullhead & back. Didn't have any issue with water level, but after $300.00 in gas, we won't be doing it again.

RVRKID

Reaction score
Hopefully he isn't stuck on the sandbar wondering what the hell.

Stainless

Banned
Reaction score
He got ambushed by some V-drives

Sent from miPhone using tapatalk

whiteworks

Custom Shutters by WhiteWorks
Reaction score
RD, your going to look back on this thread and laugh once you see that the entire run to the needles bridge is pretty straight forward. The mouth of the river is no big deal either, head up the AZ side of the lake, keep the island furthest south to your left and keep it up on plane. No big deal. Past the needles bridge you better know what the fuck you doing, iam talking know your landmarks real well. Best to run it on a jet ski and do your home work before you go blasting through Past needles bridge. If the docks are on the dirt that is a good sign you may be fucked if you go any further lol. Have fun and enjoy stretching your nautical legs on a great stretch of river:thumbsup

Mini Kat

Hammer Makin' Payments
Reaction score
RD, your going to look back on this thread and laugh once you see that the entire run to the needles bridge is pretty straight forward. The mouth of the river is no big deal either, head up the AZ side of the lake, keep the island furthest south to your left and keep it up on plane. No big deal. Past the needles bridge you better know what the fuck you doing, iam talking know your landmarks real well. Best to run it on a jet ski and do your home work before you go blasting through Past needles bridge. If the docks are on the dirt that is a good sign you may be fucked if you go any further lol. Have fun and enjoy stretching your nautical legs on a great stretch of river:thumbsup

X100000000000:thumbsup

28Eliminator

Reaction score

X2.. Once he does it a couple times he'll be fine.. Beside being a river guy, I would think he could sniff out shallow water from 100 yds away..LOL!

Boating on a 2 lane hiway all the time does tend to give you tunnel vision though :D

Mini Kat

Hammer Makin' Payments
Reaction score
If Dave takes his boat up the river and make's it. This will be RitchieR:eek:;)
:lmao:lmao:lmao

Last edited by a moderator:

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
X2.. Once he does it a couple times he'll be fine.. Beside being a river guy, I would think he could sniff out shallow water from 100 yds away..LOL!

Boating on a 2 lane hiway all the time does tend to give you tunnel vision though :D

Parker isn't shallow at all.. People run 42 fountains down there, and other then having to come off plane to turn around it's plenty deep enough.. :D

I just drove up in the truck today, but am putting the boat in the water around 10:00 am tomorrow, and WTMFA and I are going to make the run up.. check out the show, and then probably run it back. Have Stacy bringing the trailer to needles just in case we don't want to make the run back, or something happens.. :)

RD

28Eliminator

Reaction score
Parker isn't shallow at all.. People run 42 fountains down there, and other then having to come off plane to turn around it's plenty deep enough.. :D

I just drove up in the truck today, but am putting the boat in the water around 10:00 am tomorrow, and WTMFA and I are going to make the run up.. check out the show, and then probably run it back. Have Stacy bringing the trailer to needles just in case we don't want to make the run back, or something happens.. :)

RD

On a serious note (and I'm rarely serious), I haven't been to Parker in probably 20 years. Since my Boats got bigger, and I made the leap over the dam..LOL!!, I just drive through through it now. I know there's plenty of water, I just haven't been in so long that I'm a little unsure... much like yourself heading up to Needles I imagine :D

PokerRun388

Reaction score
Dave, are u planning on making the run today? :)

Hows the wind today?:)

PokerRun388

Reaction score
Wind is crazy all day today, and I'm sick as hell.. :(

RD

Hope u feel better soon, its going around out here too:(

Man, thats a windy ass city, seems like its always blowing out there:grumble:

kiethco

Reaction score
I found this pic from 1998. Heading up to Topock through the sand (silt beds). This is right about the spot where they recently dredged.
18' Carlson, mercruiser 898, trimmed the shit out of it and nailed it. She's running loose and light at around 45 mph. As you can see, the kids loved it too.
We'd do that trip 2 or 3 times a weekend. Now lets see how the 23' Sleekcraft does this upcoming weekend!:eek:

Attachments

• crossinthebar.jpg
    crossinthebar.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 382

PokerRun388

Reaction score
Never ended up doing it. Boats back in Parker now but will be in Havasu in a month or so and will do it then.

I'm still concerned about water levels, not sure which way's best:grumble:
I found this pic from 1998. Heading up to Topock through the sand (silt beds). This is right about the spot where they recently dredged.
18' Carlson, mercruiser 898, trimmed the shit out of it and nailed it. She's running loose and light at around 45 mph. As you can see, the kids loved it too.
We'd do that trip 2 or 3 times a weekend. Now lets see how the 23' Sleekcraft does this upcoming weekend!:eek:

Very cool pic, probably seems like yesterday? And its 14yrs ago, Wow, time flies.:grumble::D

kiethco

Reaction score
I just sold that Carlson last summer, it was hard to let go due to times like these. My kids learned to drive and do all things boating on that baby.

PokerRun388

Reaction score
Hey RD, are you still thinking of making the run by the end of this summer? :)

Jackpunx

Reaction score
In an hour or two.. I have never made the run before and have only driven through the mouth of the river once.

So is this easily do able? Or really shallow? What Do I look out for? Where do I find out if the river is up or down? Etc..

I'm pretty sure we've done that Dave.. but we can do it Saturday when.I get there, if all goes well I will bring a boat that won't leave much in the water

bartel

Reaction score
I boat from Willow valley to havasu almost every time i go to the river. there are a few rock beds south of the needles bridge but other than that its just normal river driving. stay in the dark water and have fun.

the last time i was out i drove the boat from willow all the way up to davis damn and then turned around and went all the way to the havasu channel. it was a fun day on the water. cost a lot in gas but it was fun

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Hey RD, are you still thinking of making the run by the end of this summer? :)

Yes I'd like too. :). The mouth of the river on Havasu is freaking spooky!! Did it yesterday with no idea where I was going.. Lol. Got it on to pro and you guys are on a laugh your ass off when u see it. :D

PVHCA

Reaction score
Yes I'd like too. :). The mouth of the river on Havasu is freaking spooky!! Did it yesterday with no idea where I was going.. Lol. Got it on to pro and you guys are on a laugh your ass off when u see it. :D

Really? Leave the channel by Windsor and stay somewhat right side and just open her up, no problems all the way through Devils Elbow, when you bang the left as your going towards Topock stay to the middle of the river until you go under the utility bridge and your golden all the way up to Needles.

The weekend of the poker run get up early and we can make the run.

thetub

Reaction score
Dave , friend and I tried this about 8 years ago in his 24 hallett. Chewed up a bit of his skeg. Then again gut in a big ass cat flew by us on the left side. Maybe thats the trick. Trim up , hall ass and stick to the left?

thetub

Reaction score
Or maybe it was the Right side? :grumble:

PokerRun388

Reaction score

Nice RD, I can't wait too see it. I agree, its spooky, we haven't gone that way in a very long time, still not sure which is the best way to go through there.... Lol :)

milkmoney

Reaction score
Nice RD, I can't wait too see it. I agree, its spooky, we haven't gone that way in a very long time, still not sure which is the best way to go through there.... Lol :)

pokey, what you have to do is pick a line, stick or sticks all the way forward, trim all the up so you look like a jet boat with an outdrive, then dont forget to lift your feet so they dont drag in the sand..:D

Joker

Reaction score
pokey, what you have to do is pick a line, stick or sticks all the way forward, trim all the up so you look like a jet boat with an outdrive, then dont forget to lift your feet so they dont drag in the sand..:D

:D

PokerRun388

Reaction score

It just makes me nervous going through there, looking down, and seeing what looks like 3feet of water. Lol.:D

ductape1000

Here.
Reaction score
It just makes me nervous going through there, looking down, and seeing what looks like 3feet of water. Lol.:D

If its 3' deep, you have the right line some days. Others its more like 6'. How much water do you really need?? The right line is all sand anyway, so it just takes the shine off those fancy props. :cool:

sent from a van at the waters edge.