WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Thinking about running rdp masks..

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
They are made in the USA and would cost 10.00 ea..

think it’s worth it? Or about the time I get them in (about a week) this thing gonna blow over? Lol

I’m kinda stuck here because we don’t have any masks in my house and our clothing supplier has them ready to roll. Lol

C5533442-B83C-4D46-8A46-5482D259F49C.jpeg
FF7E52DE-09A9-49D1-8DB3-C4734A8F3B6D.jpeg

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
Girls at work have been making there own. 👍

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
I like them but I am in the process of getting N95 masks for way less than that

Done-it-again

Reaction score
I have my Chinese contact sending my 1,000 masks now. I just hope they are not coated in Covid 19 lol

LowRiver2

Reaction score
LAPD Cop made neck sleeves
Sold 500 in 24 hours at 12 a piece
Cost him 3 a piece
Easy money

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
We’ll buy for sure. There are many who have no symptoms yet they are contagious and spreading the virus without knowing it. These types of masks would help that situation. N95 masks should go to our front line medical workers.

sirbob

Reaction score
So..... has everybody gotten to the point where they ignore the medical professionals that say a mask alone really doesn't do much of anything to help???

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

That was lasts weeks news - this week, everybody should be wearing a mask.

Seriously.

Screen Shot 2020-04-02 at 3.16.03 PM.png

HCP3

Reaction score
So..... has everybody gotten to the point where they ignore the medical professionals that say a mask alone really doesn't do much of anything to help???

It is beyond that now. Riverside County, CA, for instance, is suggesting wearing some sort of face covering when outdoors. More counties/states will follow. BUT, they are saying to leave the N95 masks for medical purposes.

sintax

Reaction score
They are made in the USA and would cost 10.00 ea..

think it’s worth it? Or about the time I get them in (about a week) this thing gonna blow over? Lol

I’m kinda stuck here because we don’t have any masks in my house and our clothing supplier has them ready to roll. Lol

instead of the US flag, do you think we could get a china flag inside of the O with the slash through it (whatever you call it, but like ghostbusters) and have it say chinese virus on it?

mesquito_creek

Reaction score

Stops you from touching your face at least... and if you sneeze or cough it may do a little to help? But answer me this, do any of these homemade masks or what not do anything more than they old fashioned bandana folded into a triangle, becuase I have lots of those and can just throw them into the washer after every use.

mesquito_creek

Reaction score
I would hate to be a cop right now... with the corona risk and now a masked population.. what could go wrong!

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
It is beyond that now. Riverside County, CA, for instance, is suggesting wearing some sort of face covering when outdoors. More counties/states will follow. BUT, they are saying to leave the N95 masks for medical purposes.
Why? The virus isn't aerosolized. It doesn't live in the air. It can only live in droplets on surfaces. Plus, the critical number that is hard to find a report that includes it, doesn't support needing a mask. That would be the % of tests being done coming back positive. I know here in Pima county, as of Monday, that number was 6%. Of all the people that were tested (which you have to exhibit the symptoms to even be tested) 6% were positive. Of all the people that were tested, .12% died. Less than one eighth of a percent of those tested......

Done-it-again

Reaction score
what could go wrong?
I agree, as they are saying 70% are going to get it anyways. Might as well get it now as there is room in the hospital. You know, get in right before the "apex"

LowRiver2

Reaction score
the cloth masks might stop dust but unless you can put a N95 inside of them they aren't with shit to block the virus

As I posted ,the cloth mask I got above ALLOWS you to INSERT a paper filter mask like the ones you get visiting a hospital.
When you are 12 days in running calls and masks are low, you gotta do what you have to. Better than nothing

Gramps

Older Member
Reaction score
As I posted ,the cloth mask I got above ALLOWS you to INSERT a paper filter mask like the ones you get visiting a hospital.
When you are 12 days in running calls and masks are low, you gotta do what you have to. Better than nothing
I know what you mean about reusing them...........myself and my stations are reusing

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score

A girl at work went to HD today to pick up a few filters for her mask. I asked her why she only bought 3. She said that was enough because she cuts them up. Turns out she bought a few large #10 rated AC filters and sticks them in the pouch of the mask. o_O

jetur

Reaction score
Maybe it's just the hillbilly in me but if they make masks mandatory in AZ, I'm not doing it. Same with mudflaps on my lifted trucks. I just pay the ticket and move on with life.

Singleton

Reaction score
Sure, I will take 4

reason

Amended public health orders
Effective midnight, Friday night April 3, the County of San Diego is amending their public health orders.
1. For all essential businesses who interact with the public (grocery stores, pharmacies, gas stations and convenient stores) it is mandatory for employees to wear a cloth facial covering like a mask or bandana. Medical grade face masks should still only be reserved for medical workers. To report an essential employee not complying with this health order, you can fill out a form on 2-1-1 at https://211sandiego.org/

For the general public, when you go out only for essential business, it is recommended and encouraged to wear facial coverings like scarves and bandanas that cover your nose and mouth. This is in addition to practicing physical distance requirements and washing your hands frequently for 20 seconds, not a substitute.

2. All essential businesses that are in operation must prepare and post their social distancing and sanitation protocols at the entrances of their buildings. The county will provide templates and suggested language.

3. All public beaches and parks/recreation in all jurisdictions of the county shall close their parking lots and only be accessible by members of the public by walking distance. Only passive recreation like walking/hiking/bike riding will be allowed. No active recreation like basketball or volleyball.

Your actions to stay home and follow public health orders will save lives. The county still stresses that these early days are the most critical during a pandemic and an important time to flatten the curve.

We know everyone copes differently and your mental health is still important! Check out the county’s Live Well @ Home for resources https://www.livewellsd.org/content/livewell/home/live-well-every-day/LiveWellatHome.html

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
A girl at work went to HD today to pick up a few filters for her mask. I asked her why she only bought 3. She said that was enough because she cuts them up. Turns out she bought a few large #10 rated AC filters and sticks them in the pouch of the mask. o_O
And she's an idiot. Lol! Merv 10 filters ain't gonna do shit. MERV 15 minimum is needed to begin to filter out pathogens. Even then that's barely enough.

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
And she's an idiot. Lol! Merv 10 filters ain't gonna do shit. MERV 15 minimum is needed to begin to filter out pathogens. Even then that's barely enough.

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk
That's what I thought. I overheard her say her cousin is a nurse in Illinois and that's what there using if they don't have the proper type masks.

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
everyone wants one so that proves River Dave could sell a refrigerator to an eskimo. only thing those mask are good for is to keep you from picking your nose...
RD said in his State of the Union address that there are no freezers available in the US. lol 🥶😝

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
RD said in his State of the Union address that there are no freezers available in the US. lol 🥶😝

Well that was according to all the people that sell freezers.. soo?

Home Depot was sold out nationwide. Lows was sold out nationwide.. Maytag sold out nationwide.
Even the mom and pop appliance stores were sold out out here.. lol

You know something I don’t?

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score

Merv 16 filters will trap particles to .03 microns (same as N95) I just worked with a DR customer of mine on something he was working on for his staff. he will be cutting up MERV16 filteres and building masks.