WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Thinking about running rdp masks..

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
Well that was according to all the people that sell freezers.. soo?

Home Depot was sold out nationwide. Lows was sold out nationwide.. Maytag sold out nationwide.
Even the mom and pop appliance stores were sold out out here.. lol

You know something I don’t?
Local Best Buy had some last week when I checked.

Sleek-Jet

Reaction score
The RDP infamous Medical Review Board, non qualified, non certified with no experience needed seems to have put it into overdrive. Those mud flaps seem particularly pertinent to the topic.

It is virtue signalling. If you don't wear a mask you aren't taking this serious.

In other words, because it makes you feel good.

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
It is virtue signalling. If you don't wear a mask you aren't taking this serious.

In other words, because it makes you feel good.

Virtual signaling is a function of moral values. Lead us on. Never mind, no thanks.

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
Merv 16 filters will trap particles to .03 microns (same as N95) I just worked with a DR customer of mine on something he was working on for his staff. he will be cutting up MERV16 filteres and building masks.
Thanks. I just checked the MERV rating chart. 10 is rated for hospital labs. 16 is rated for general surgery/hospital inpatient care.

riverroyal

Reaction score
Will it work ok for off road dust? Id be in it did.

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
Will it work ok for off road dust? Id be in it did.

RZ masks - also sold out LOL - are designed for off road and work great.
They also have removable filters.

IMG_4196.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

riverroyal

Reaction score
I have a few of those. They suck for comfort

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
What...no “RD for Mayor” mask?
Seems like you’re missing a good opportunity.
Probably kick the price up as well.

C-2

Reaction score
I just saw a clip where doctors said because they are short on N95 masks, and as LR pointed out, they use homemade masks to cover N95 mask, and then when they are done seeing/treating a patient, they throw the homemade mask away, instead of throwing the N95 mask away as they were doing before.

So there is a need for them.

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
Stand near someone coughing or sneezing and tell us how masks don't help o_O
That's the point of social distancing. Take personal responsibility and distance yourself if you feel uncomfortable.

I'm guessing everybody has abandoned the personal responsibility emphasis here?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

4Waters

Reaction score
That's the point of social distancing. Take personal responsibility and distance yourself if you feel uncomfortable.

I'm guessing everybody has abandoned the personal responsibility emphasis here?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
Those droplets can travel as far as 25 feet from a sneeze and 15 feet from a cough. Is 6 feet far enough?

4Waters

Reaction score
The RDP infamous Medical Review Board, non qualified, non certified with no experience needed seems to have put it into overdrive. Those mud flaps seem particularly pertinent to the topic.
There is nothing wrong with the RDP Medical Board/Towing Police. LOL

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
Not to be debbie down buzz, but from the insurance guy perspective, somebody buys a Rdp mask and then goes teets up from the virus, you would likely get a call from Larry H. Parker.

Sorry, it’s the world we live in.

GRADS

Phishing license is paid up to date
Reaction score
I'd be good for a couple.

NicPaus

Reaction score
That was a couple weeks ago.. maybe they are getting them back in stock now?
Yep. Before I left to Parker I got the last one at my Lowes was non stock not in the computer. HD was sold out statewide same with lowes. My boy Jamal hooked it up. Pays to be a regular at Lowes. Have bought a lot of sets of appliances from them. Other Torrance Lowes hooked me up with 2 boxes of N95s before I left also.

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
Am I the only one that thinks the masks are stupid and even more these ones? Why do you need an American flag right where your mouth is? These masks are not a fashion statement. They are a temporary medical device. Even more so cumbersome to wear and again stupid. I would waste my money Dave. The only way I would do it is by getting the money up front in a pre sale.

Sherpa

Reaction score
I want a couple of those police t shirts!

--Sherpa

FreeBird236

Reaction score
Depending on the application, HEPA vacuum bags can be cut up.

mswasey

Reaction score

LowRiver2

Reaction score
62E7F0C8-09EB-4DAC-8612-575CF5EBDB74.jpeg
EBEF38C1-B38B-42A7-AB3F-8DBFBBE1782C.jpeg

The deal is it isn’t about intake for walking in public stores. It’s more about not sending your asymptomatic germs out at others walking in store s. Most aren’t this close to actual virus infected people. N95 for sure for this. General walking around and trying to maintain distance in a food store, start making them Dave, the way this virus moves around is still giving us cause to change protocols based on the rate of spread.

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
Americans urgently need effective respirators like the KN95 masks! KN95 masks are readily available and at lower cost than N95 masks. My company has access to large quantities of KN95 masks but their import is currently being prevented by the FDA and CDC.

KN95 facemasks are, per the CDC, “respirators approved under standards used in other countries that are similar to NIOSH-approved N95 respirators.” While KN95 facemasks are not allowed into hospitals KN95 respirators provide much better protection than bandannas and hand-sewn masks that are now being used because there’s no other masks available (hospitals are only allowed to purchase masks from CDC and FDA certified suppliers so there’s no conflict in mask application or usage). Most of the world uses KN95 masks.

For more on this issue: https://lnkd.in/gnyp6YU
and for more information on KN95 masks from the CDC: https://lnkd.in/g6DKaGT

#n95mask #kn95mask #ppeshortage #respirators

PlanB

Reaction score
California is advising everyone wear a mask now while out in public, and essential worker are supposed to wear them while at work. Not N95's, just some type of face covering. There is definitely a market right now...

LowRiver2

Reaction score
Am I the only one that thinks the masks are stupid and even more these ones? Why do you need an American flag right where your mouth is? These masks are not a fashion statement. They are a temporary medical device. Even more so cumbersome to wear and again stupid. I would waste my money Dave. The only way I would do it is by getting the money up front in a pre sale.

My LAPD guy did
Up to 2 thousand already ordered and paid by LAPD/LAFD

“spread the air not the weather”
Kid phrase and it’s how spreading is happening in confined areas, hence the change
Fluid times and adapt to what is happening
Not hard to figure out.

Last edited:

spectras only

Reaction score
Stand near someone coughing or sneezing and tell us how masks don't help o_O
Well, if someone sneezing next to you, you better have goggles covering your eyes as well. The virus doesn't care if it goes through your nostril or mouth, it will get through your tear ducts. ;)At least, wear your ski goggles if you happened to have one. :D

1585931930442.png

WhatExit?

Reaction score

Thanks. That's still clear as mud regarding if the KN95 masks are allowed to come into the US. Lawyers and their thread of lawsuits are certainly restricting the flow of these masks into the US which will cause some to die. Sad

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
Well, if someone sneezing next to you, you better have goggles covering your eyes as well. The virus doesn't care if it goes through your nostril or mouth, it will get through your tear ducts. ;)At least, wear your ski goggles if you happened to have one. :D

View attachment 862352

Zing. Exactly right.

The only real benefit is that it is a placebo for some people, and may prevent you from touching your face.

Until you touch your infected mask to take it off in your house and then touch your face or put it on again later.

If you are infected already wearing one, it can’t hurt.

Last edited:

Taboma

Reaction score
Zing. Exactly right.

The only real benefit is that it is a placebo for someone me people, and may prevent you from touching your face.

Until you touch your infected mask to take it off in your house and then touch your face.

If you are infected already wearing it can’t hurt.

A good test to make sure it's filtering properly, is to put your make-shift mask on, then put on your sunglassess --- if your glasses immediately fog up, well then you know the mask is filtering ---- of course then you also know all the fouled air you're exhaling is going right out the unsealed top and bottom :oops:
Anyway, I'm now dressed per the proclamation and heading to the bank --- anybody need anything ?
PS: Secretly, I've always wanted to do this --- check one off the ole bucket list 😂 Hope I don't get shot :oops:

CV dress code.jpg

spectras only

Reaction score
A good test to make sure it's filtering properly, is to put your make-shift mask on, then put on your sunglassess --- if your glasses immediately fog up, well then you know the mask is filtering ---- of course then you also know all the fouled air you're exhaling is going right out the unsealed top and bottom :oops:
Anyway, I'm now dressed per the proclamation and heading to the bank --- anybody need anything ?
PS: Secretly, I've always wanted to do this --- check one off the ole bucket list 😂 Hope I don't get shot :oops:

View attachment 862355
You're playing Russian roulette my friend:cool:;):D

WhatExit?

Reaction score
The only real benefit is that it is a placebo for some people, and may prevent you from touching your face.

Until you touch your infected mask to take it off in your house and then touch your face or put it on again later.

If you are infected already wearing it can’t hurt.

That's your opinion. Thankfully masks are more than a placebo and prevent you from touching your face.

You are right about it being critically important for those with the virus to wear them.

You're also forgetting about the asymptomatic people who have it and don't know it. They are spreading this and masks would absolutely help them and everyone else.

getreal

Reaction score
Is it OK to wear a mask into a bank?

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
That's your opinion. Thankfully masks are more than a placebo and prevent you from touching your face.

You are right about it being critically important for those with the virus to wear them.

You're also forgetting about the asymptomatic people who have it and don't know it. They are spreading this and masks would absolutely help them and everyone else.

Asymptomatic is debatable... you are breathing right though a cloth mask, but if asymptomatic you aren’t sneezing and coughing anyway but infecting your hands when touching your face, And of course the mask is not covering your eyes.

A cloth mask is equivalent to using a screen door screen for an air filter on your car. But if it makes you feel better, wear one.

The virus can get through an N95 mask as well, but less likely.

spectras only

Reaction score
People should drive their cars all windows up and have hepa filters installed in the registers. ;) And don't go swimming in the ocean either, according to Malibu officials. The ocean is not large enough to keep you safe, even if you're a distancing swimmer.😛