WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Thinking about running rdp masks..

Sleek-Jet

Reaction score
Virtual signaling is a function of moral values. Lead us on. Never mind, no thanks.

What ever trips your trigger. I went to the store today, several people had masks, none of them were wearing them correctly. So I stand by my statement, "Look at me! I take these seriously!"

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
5D9FE92C-35EA-434F-BF33-0DAF5F960F4B.jpeg

buck35

Reaction score
Someone must think they help as the wife is sending 3 dozen to Virgina Mason hospital per request.

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
Asymptomatic is debatable... you are breathing right though a cloth mask, but if asymptomatic you aren’t sneezing and coughing anyway but infecting your hands when touching your face, And of course the mask is not covering your eyes.

A cloth mask is equivalent to using a screen door screen for an air filter on your car. But if it makes you feel better, wear one.

The virus can get through an N95 mask as well, but less likely.

Seriously do everyone a favor and keep your uniformed, negative opinions to yourself. If you don't want to wear a mask you'll save them for others who do.

Jed-O

Shitter was full!
Reaction score
Is it OK to wear a mask into a bank?
Fuck! It'll be a requirement any day now! 🤣
It's pretty funny to think that when you walk into a bank, liquor store, etc... And have no mask on, You will be the asshole!!!

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Am I the only one that thinks the masks are stupid and even more these ones? Why do you need an American flag right where your mouth is? These masks are not a fashion statement. They are a temporary medical device. Even more so cumbersome to wear and again stupid. I would waste my money Dave. The only way I would do it is by getting the money up front in a pre sale.

The flag is just one he had made.. For example this is another one being made.

5AF8F039-61D1-43F7-A58E-D0E792D122E5.jpeg

Last edited:

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
As LR2 said these masks aren’t so much about working close quarters with the infected and preventing getting it..

For general outdoor usage every little bit helps. I do know a lot of hospital staff are wearing similar items over their N95’s to prolong the life span of the N95 itself..

These particular ones are more to prevent spread and offer some protection from the elements.

I know in San Diego they are supposed to announce today that facial protection of some sort is required.

PlanB

Reaction score
As LR2 said these masks aren’t so much about working close quarters with the infected and preventing getting it..

For general outdoor usage every little bit helps. I do know a lot of hospital staff are wearing similar items over their N95’s to prolong the life span of the N95 itself..

These particular ones are more to prevent spread and offer some protection from the elements.

I know in San Diego they are supposed to announce today that facial protection of some sort is required.

SD Sheriffs Office put out an advisory this morning. I don't think they are going to be taking any enforcement action (yet), but they are advising all workers to wear masks, and everyone else to wear them when leaving their residence.

traquer

Reaction score
See if they can sew in a little metal strip at the top for the nose, or figure out a way to make it seal around the face better. I think that's the most important part, not so much the material

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
Seriously do everyone a favor and keep your uniformed, negative opinions to yourself. If you don't want to wear a mask you'll save them for others who do.
Yeah..... his "opinion" isn't incorrect or uninformed. Read how the virus spreads. It is NOT aerosolized. It must be transferred through mucus and/or saliva. So if one is infected and NOT coughing and and/or sneezing, how can the virus spread?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score

Lol says the guy guzzling California Haterade daily.

If you want to wear a mask, wear one, it is not going to hurt, but it may not help much either. Just remember the virus is .01 micron, and an N95 mask filters down to .03 micron.

A cloth mask filters.. well not down to .03 micron. It is probably a good idea for the sick (coughing and sneezing) to wear a mask.

Riverryder

Reaction score

If you want to wear a mask, wear one, it is not going to hurt, but it may not help much either. Just remember the virus is .01 micron, and an N95 mask filters down to .03 micron.

A cloth mask filters.. well not down to .03 micron. It is probably a good idea for the sick (coughing and sneezing) to wear a mask.

Finally someone who did some research!

N-95s don’t protect you! The are a barrier yes. But the virus is smaller then the N-95 is rated for.
N-95 rated - .3 microns
Rdp mask rated- rdp advertisement and lining rdps pockets with your money
Corona virus - .129 microns

If you don’t know that then I guess you giving rdp your money makes sense!

Should you protect yourself? Yes.

RDP you maken these mask and trying to make money on them is like someone buying tp and doubling the price on OfferUp.
If you want to make them and give them away cool. But don’t try and make money on them.
They don’t help and won’t help.

DO RESEARCH PEOPLE!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jefftowz

Formerly Old School Ultra
Reaction score
My booster group that m the president of for LAPD Valley Traffic just ordered 200 of these. Worried next weeks gonna be bad and something is better than nothing. We’ve hunting for N95’s and no luck.
45B492DC-A8C1-41F1-B931-063A52905172.jpeg

Carlson-jet

Not Giving A Fuck Is An Art
Reaction score
My booster group that m the president of for LAPD Valley Traffic just ordered 200 of these. Worried next weeks gonna be bad and something is better than nothing. We’ve hunting for N95’s and no luck. View attachment 862593
Better get to home depot or where ever before the run on Merv 16 air filters.
In all seriousness, Those paper filters are a joke. The fitment is completely wrong.
Anybody who has ever had proper confined space training and has been fitted properly understands the complete lack of safety involved with a leaking paper mask. It's like holding ones hand over their mouth when they cough and then touching everything in sight. Nothing more or less.. There is a reason hospitals have battled for years over Superbugs and Hospital-Acquired Infections.
Stay safe friends.
Sorry I picked your post. I just happen to be crossing the street when the light was green . :)

Last edited:

buck35

Reaction score
Better get to home depot or where ever before the run on Merv 16 air filters.
In all seriousness, Those paper filters are a joke. The fitment is completely wrong.
Anybody who has ever had proper confined space training and has been fitted properly understands the complete lack of safety involved with a leaking paper mask. It's like holding ones hand over their mouth when they cough and then touching everything in sight. Nothing more or less.. There is a reason hospitals have battled for years over Superbugs and Hospital-Acquired Infections.
Stay safe friends.
Sorry I picked your post. I just happen to be crossing the street when the light was green . :)
Been fit tested and been thru more cs trainings than I care to remember. I had to go through a bunch of styles/ sizes to pass the fit test. That said anything over you're face is probably better than nothing at all and it keeps you from touching.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

N-95s don’t protect you! The are a barrier yes. But the virus is smaller then the N-95 is rated for.
N-95 rated - .3 microns

RDP you maken these mask and trying to make money on them is like someone buying tp and doubling the price on OfferUp.
If you want to make them and give them away cool. But don’t try and make money on them.

DO RESEARCH PEOPLE!

Been fit tested and been thru more cs trainings than I care to remember. I had to go through a bunch of styles/ sizes to pass the fit test. That said anything over you're face is probably better than nothing at all and it keeps you from touching.

@Riverryder

A t shirt offers some protection from the sun I think it’s 30 spf depending on the color.. one could stack t shirts and get it done..

You get the size of filters and the size of the virus.. That is good for close quarters and protecting yourself in that situation.

At some point ya gotta realize people have nothing.. and a material (or in this case double) is better than nothing.. If nothing else to help orevent the spread.. ??

not sure why you’d have a problem
With that..

Now for you questioning my character.. or comparing to price Gouging etc..

If I sold a full 100%. I’d stand to make 500.00.

if the sales covered the run I’d be impressed.. Don’t treat me like an asshole.. I haven’t treated you as one.

I’ll make money in other ways.. it was just something that I thought might help in a small way.

(FYI cdc recommending cloth face masks as of tonight). Research buddy.. research

Carlson-jet

Reaction score
That said anything over you're face is probably better than nothing at all and it keeps you from touching.
Ever notice the face itches the most when the hand are dirtiest?
Me too.
Just like you, I'm a rocks throw away from something like NY City that is about to blow up. I'm having none of that on my compound.
Instead of worrying about a mask, gloves, other dis ingenues humans I'm staying hidden. Money right now is cheap. I only have one shot at life.

Icky

Reaction score
All this talk about N95s and not one mention of the p95, r95s or the p100s cartridges used in our half masks

JUSTWANNARACE

I will not let them take me🤣🤣
Reaction score
I'd be down for one just cause of the bugs on our river, at dusk, when I go home in the evenings! People look at me weird with my ol lady's panties on my face..

20190727_131409.jpg

Carlson-jet

Reaction score
I'm going over the top.
Sorry for my posts Dave.
I'm just a little worried.
Anything is better than nothing no doubt.

WhatExit?

Reaction score

the-highest-form-5b69ae.jpg

buck35

Reaction score
@Riverryder

A t shirt offers some protection from the sun I think it’s 30 spf depending on the color.. one could stack t shirts and get it done..

You get the size of filters and the size of the virus.. That is good for close quarters and protecting yourself in that situation.

At some point ya gotta realize people have nothing.. and a material (or in this case double) is better than nothing.. If nothing else to help orevent the spread.. ??

not sure why you’d have a problem
With that..

Now for you questioning my character.. or comparing to price Gouging etc..

If I sold a full 100%. I’d stand to make 500.00.

if the sales covered the run I’d be impressed.. Don’t treat me like an asshole.. I haven’t treated you as one.

I’ll make money in other ways.. it was just something that I thought might help in a small way.

(FYI cdc recommending cloth face masks as of tonight). Research buddy.. research

Dave I was not against you're idea and as I said earlier my wife has made nearly a thousand so far already.

Havazoo

Reaction score
Hey why not, I could use one on the boat today. I'm not sure what's worse here in Havasu, covid-19 or the damn allergies.

Joe mama

Reaction score
Shit these things will run out just like the TP.

WhatExit?

Reaction score

N-95 rated - .3 microns

DO RESEARCH PEOPLE!

So much ignorance and negativity. Sad. Keep your ignorance to yourself.

Dave, make/sell all the masks you can. They will help for sure and the more people who wear masks the better everyone will be.

And for those who are so quick to show their ignorance and negativity (not sure why you do this)...

"To help stop coronavirus, everyone should be wearing face masks. The science is clear"
Even people without symptoms can infect other just by speaking but a simple cloth covering can stop us spreading harmful droplets

You might walk into stores over the next few days and sicken dozens without knowing it. Some might die. Others will think they are dying before they recover.

That’s the worry I have after reading a paper by Roman Wölfel and colleagues, published this week in Nature. It shows that people are most infectious in the first week after catching Covid-19. During that time they often show no or few symptoms.

In other words, Covid-19 moves like a silent assassin, with unwitting accomplices. Maybe you’ll be one of them. The best way to ensure that you’re not: wear a mask, and keep your distance from others. Don’t wear an N95 respirator, the type in desperately short supply in hospitals, which is designed to keep doctors safe even when doing potentially dangerous medical procedures. But almost any kind of simple cloth covering over your mouth, such as a home-made mask, or even a bandanna, can stop the assassin in its tracks.

The Wölfel paper explains we must focus our efforts on stopping the spread of droplets. This is because the virus is primarily transmitted through tiny droplets of saliva ejected when we speak. You can’t see them, but they are there. We also know that these droplets can go significantly further than the 6ft which is widely cited as a safe distance.

Research supported by Nobel prize-winning virologist Harold Varmus tells us that placing a layer of cloth in front of a person’s face stops 99% of the droplets."

Link: https://www.theguardian.com/comment...sk-may-be-our-best-weapon-to-stop-coronavirus

dave29

Reaction score
So..... has everybody gotten to the point where they ignore the medical professionals that say a mask alone really doesn't do much of anything to help???

Our county health dept just recommended that everyone wear masks in public. I wore one this morning.

MSum661

Reaction score
HEPA vacumn bags rated down to 0.30 (N95) tailored cut into mask size inserts for backup with a RDP type cloth mask.
Made in the USA.... right at Home, Homey's.
Can still be found online but peeps are on to it now.

Read the label......Jus sayin.
a copy.jpg

bilz

Newly Retired!😁
Reaction score
I'm gonna try a different prop and wear my f-ing mask anywhere I feel I should. You may never know if it helped, but I'd rather give it a shot if that's all I can do.
Can't we all just get a mask!

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score

Dave, make/sell all the masks you can. They will help for sure and the more people who wear masks the better everyone will be.

And for those who are so quick to show their ignorance and negativity (not sure why you do this)...

"To help stop coronavirus, everyone should be wearing face masks. The science is clear"
Even people without symptoms can infect other just by speaking but a simple cloth covering can stop us spreading harmful droplets

You might walk into stores over the next few days and sicken dozens without knowing it. Some might die. Others will think they are dying before they recover.

That’s the worry I have after reading a paper by Roman Wölfel and colleagues, published this week in Nature. It shows that people are most infectious in the first week after catching Covid-19. During that time they often show no or few symptoms.

In other words, Covid-19 moves like a silent assassin, with unwitting accomplices. Maybe you’ll be one of them. The best way to ensure that you’re not: wear a mask, and keep your distance from others. Don’t wear an N95 respirator, the type in desperately short supply in hospitals, which is designed to keep doctors safe even when doing potentially dangerous medical procedures. But almost any kind of simple cloth covering over your mouth, such as a home-made mask, or even a bandanna, can stop the assassin in its tracks.

The Wölfel paper explains we must focus our efforts on stopping the spread of droplets. This is because the virus is primarily transmitted through tiny droplets of saliva ejected when we speak. You can’t see them, but they are there. We also know that these droplets can go significantly further than the 6ft which is widely cited as a safe distance.

Research supported by Nobel prize-winning virologist Harold Varmus tells us that placing a layer of cloth in front of a person’s face stops 99% of the droplets."

Link: https://www.theguardian.com/comment...sk-may-be-our-best-weapon-to-stop-coronavirus

Oh so the science wasn’t clear a week ago when they said no need for masks :)?

What about 2 months ago when they said the science was clear we didn’t have to worry about Coronavirus?

The science is also clear there will be no more glaciers by 2020.

I’m not saying it can’t help, but it’s mostly a placebo to keep people from hoarding the good masks that first responders need.

If you are sick or have people coughing or sneezing in your face, absolutely any mask helps, but you should be wearing goggles or glasses too in that case.

Of course right on cue here we go with the virtue signaling memes.

Last edited:

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score

Good post.

People worry about the microscopic size of the virus, and aren’t thinking about the water applets that actually carry the virus...virus molecules aren’t just floating around on their own.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

buck35

Reaction score
Well the wife was just talking about doing a run of a few hundred to see how it goes. Appearantly the right material is hard to come by at this time.

WhatExit?

Reaction score
Oh so the science wasn’t clear a week ago when they said no need for masks :)?

What about 2 months ago when they said the science was clear we didn’t have to worry about Coronavirus?

The science is also clear there will be no more glaciers by 2020.

I’m not saying it can’t help, but it’s mostly a placebo to keep people from hoarding the good masks that first responders need.

If you are sick, absolutely any mask helps.

Of course right on cue here we go with the virtue signaling memes.

I will try and explain this to you. It's clear you're just being a dick because I'm sure you're not too ignorant to understand the facts as provided and are readily available online from places like the CDC, etc.

1. 2 months ago who knew this would spread around the world like this?! China knew but #ChinaLiedPeopleDied
2. No more glaciers - you're being a dick
3. Masks are mostly a placebo - that's pure stupidity and you know it - I already explained it in the post above with info quoted. Yes, the US government told everyone not to wear masks simply to keep people from hoarding them so the healthcare professionals could get them first
4. There are plenty of N95 masks and many, many more KN95 masks (Chinese equivalent of N95) that will be available now that the US government will allow them to come in.
5. If you are sick, any mask helps. But the better the mask the better the protection for everyone. Using any mask is better than no mask. For everyone.
6. When you're being a dick sometimes a meme will help you understand the problem is you

Look, we're all stressed, have high anxiety and for those who don't I call BS. The morbidity rate is much higher than the majority of people understand. This is serious. Let's try and help.

WhatExit?

Reaction score
3M masks with the cartridge filters look awful in public but who cares! They work!

I've got a couple different ones but haven't yet gone out

t&y

t&y
Reaction score
Yeah..... his "opinion" isn't incorrect or uninformed. Read how the virus spreads. It is NOT aerosolized. It must be transferred through mucus and/or saliva. So if one is infected and NOT coughing and and/or sneezing, how can the virus spread?

Short answer; Get a piece of paper and a pen or pencil. Every time you touch your face, rub you eye, etc... mark it down on the paper. Tally those numbers and then consider everyone of them is a possible transmittal of this virus. It is for you, not for everyone else.

I agree these masks are not the answer to this problem, but they WILL prevent transmission of the virus to you from touch. If you are truly staying home isolated from the outside world then you don't need them.

Another real simple way to think of them is as a condom for your face. You can make the references there is needed.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
I will try and explain this to you. It's clear you're just being a dick because I'm sure you're not too ignorant to understand the facts as provided and are readily available online from places like the CDC, etc.

1. 2 months ago who knew this would spread around the world like this?! China knew but #ChinaLiedPeopleDied
2. No more glaciers - you're being a dick
3. Masks are mostly a placebo - that's pure stupidity and you know it - I already explained it in the post above with info quoted. Yes, the US government told everyone not to wear masks simply to keep people from hoarding them so the healthcare professionals could get them first
4. There are plenty of N95 masks and many, many more KN95 masks (Chinese equivalent of N95) that will be available now that the US government will allow them to come in.
5. If you are sick, any mask helps. But the better the mask the better the protection for everyone. Using any mask is better than no mask. For everyone.
6. When you're being a dick sometimes a meme will help you understand the problem is you

Look, we're all stressed, have high anxiety and for those who don't I call BS. The morbidity rate is much higher than the majority of people understand. This is serious. Let's try and help.

If you want to talk about science and numbers The mortality rate is WAY less than advertised. We have fewer dead at this point than ALL the modeling by factors of anywhere from 4x to 10x. We are down to a 1.9% mortality rate on only CONFIRMED cases. They don’t test anyone unless they have trouble breathing or have a doctor note and at least 25% don’t show symptoms ever. So the real mortality rate is vastly lower than 1.9%.

As of today they are predicting 40k to 178k dead. 93k is the average. 93k is less than 2 flu seasons.

2 months ago EVERYONE knew the situation was bad in China. Government just didn’t want to scare people and torpedo the economy. We can read license plates on cars in China. Anyone telling you the government didn’t see exactly what was happening is blowing smoke up your ass. This virus has been circulating in the US since the beginning of the year. In December- February we had 3 MILLION people come into the country from virus hotspots around the world.. 3 MILLION.

They started putting doomsday modeling together from virologists (that has now been proven vastly incorrect) and government freaked out when they saw the numbers and we are where we are.

They said don’t worry about masks until a day ago.

Science hasn’t changed in 2 months. Government has not gotten more honest with people in 2 months. Believing #CHINALIED is lying to yourself. When have we ever trusted what China says?

Wear a mask if you want but beware of what you are wearing.

Just wait until next week when CNN trots our all the sick mask wearers that don’t understand how they got sick for the next round of fear mongering.