WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Thinking about shitty drivers from the Tesla vs Prius thread.

Boat 405

Reaction score
How many times does this happen to you on the way to the river?

Once I get to open stretch’s of freeway I set my cruise control. Usually around 74-78 and park it there for the duration whether I’m on the 8 or the 10.
Sure as shit I’ll have my cruise set and come up on a car going 5-10 slower than I then the moment I get my bumper past theirs they speed up and match my speed then a vehicle or truck comes up and in front of us and I have to slow down and switch lanes and get behind them only to see they are now going 5-10 mph slower than I was going previously. Traffic clears out and I move for the pass to continue going my preset cruise speed and they speed up again. I mean wtf. I just want to get on my merry way and want nothing to do with them. Eventually I hammer down and speed up to about 90 and get away from them and then resume to my cruise control speed and I drop them like a rock.

This kind of fuckery or some variation of it happens about 2-3 times every trip coming or going from the river.

Essexive G's

Reaction score
Every time.
I also get a lot of people that follow me like I’m some sacrificial lamb. As soon I think it’s the next guys turn, I move over to the slow lane, so the person behind me can take the lead for awhile. NOPE, they never pass me and take the lead. They start pacing me. I’m in the slow lane and there front bumper is even with my rear. Coming up slower traffic while they are pacing me, I either decide to speed up to get back in front of the chickenshit, or brake and let him go by.

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
I get this daily on my morning commute. They will ride my ass for miles.

Every time.
I also get a lot of people that follow me like I’m some sacrificial lamb. As soon I think it’s the next guys turn, I move over to the slow lane, so the person behind me can take the lead for awhile. NOPE, they never pass me and take the lead. They start pacing me. I’m in the slow lane and there front bumper is even with my rear. Coming up slower traffic while they are pacing me, I either decide to speed up to get back in front of the chickenshit, or brake and let him go by.

fmo24

Reaction score
Or dumfucks that sit right next to your trailer. Never pass just cruise right there

Chili Palmer

Master of My Domian
Reaction score
I get the guys who sit in the fast lane, as I go around them, they up their speed, I get back in the fast lane, then they keep up with me at the higher speed. Wtf?

Meaney77

Reaction score
Or the guy in the carpool lane doing 65 who won’t speed up and you can’t get around him because there is someone in the fast lane going equally as slow and it completely defeats the purpose of the lane.

Go-Fly

Where Are My Shoes?
Reaction score
It's funny, when you get into the desert or open space, you see people pace you instead of setting their own speed. That's why people speed up on passing lanes and then slow down when the road goes back to two lane. (personal note: it should be legal to shot those people) I hate when I'm pulling the 5th wheel and move over so someone can merge onto the freeway. Then they pace me so I can't get back into the right lane. I turn on my blinker and just start moving over. Then there is just the Asshole factor.

Hdgasser

Reaction score
I'm gonna make a magnet for the tailgate of my truck I can use whenever I make trips onnthe freeway that say.

"If I passed you on the right your a FUCKING IDIOT!!"

Meaney77

Reaction score
I hate when I'm pulling the 5th wheel and move over so someone can merge onto the freeway. Then they pace me so I can't get back into the right lane. I turn on my blinker and just start moving over. Then there is just the Asshole factor.

There is another thing I hate- when your towing all of your shit and people just don’t let you over. Happens all of the time in my motorhome. I have ~75 feet of fun rolling down the road, I try and be considerate to others and big rigs by getting over and making space for them to get over and merge. I have my blinkers on and others just don’t give a fuck. I turn into a dick and just start merging and lay on my train horn.

DrunkenSailor

Reaction score
I was driving through joshua tree 2 lane. And i pass a guy going 40. I proceed to speed up to 80+ and he stays right on my ass for over 50 miles. Maybe they didnt know.the route or maybe they were using me as a decoy for the police. I gave him the opportunity to pass a couple of times and he wouldnt take it. Was perfectly happy to sit on my ass.

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
There is another thing I hate- when your towing all of your shit and people just don’t let you over. Happens all of the time in my motorhome. I have ~75 feet of fun rolling down the road, I try and be considerate to others and big rigs by getting over and making space for them to get over and merge. I have my blinkers on and others just don’t give a fuck. I turn into a dick and just start merging and lay on my train horn.

When towing heavy:
My blinkers are signaling my intentions, not asking for permission.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

waterhorse

Reaction score
Also, when someone passes they pull in very close in front and then slow down. Seems to happen a lot when I am on the bike.

DWC

Reaction score
Happened both ways to and from Havasu last weekend. Drives me nuts that people can’t set cruise control. You get close, move to pass and they speed up. Had some jack wagon in a Honda Pilot-ish thing pass me 10 times and drop back. My speed never changed

c_land

Reaction score
I always find myself waiting to the last second to turn signal because of these cocksuckers. Also punch it right when I'm going to pass so they can't speed up and keep me behind them, because they do that too....

How many times does this happen to you on the way to the river?

Once I get to open stretch’s of freeway I set my cruise control. Usually around 74-78 and park it there for the duration whether I’m on the 8 or the 10.
Sure as shit I’ll have my cruise set and come up on a car going 5-10 slower than I then the moment I get my bumper past theirs they speed up and match my speed then a vehicle or truck comes up and in front of us and I have to slow down and switch lanes and get behind them only to see they are now going 5-10 mph slower than I was going previously. Traffic clears out and I move for the pass to continue going my preset cruise speed and they speed up again. I mean wtf. I just want to get on my merry way and want nothing to do with them. Eventually I hammer down and speed up to about 90 and get away from them and then resume to my cruise control speed and I drop them like a rock.

This kind of fuckery or some variation of it happens about 2-3 times every trip coming or going from the river.

Wicky

Mr. Potatohead
Reaction score
And the trucks....Truck drivers used to be quality, courteous, and good. They used to flash the lights to signal you in, after passing. Now, they just wear turbans and suck. Gotta love it when they pass another truck in a 2 lane.....for 30 miles at 65mph in an 80 zone, blocking all other cars from passing. Blood boiler.

DaveC

Car-boat motors
Reaction score
I hate that shit. It happens on the 5 from LA to SF. That’s like a 5 hour drive of that nonsense.

I hate it when I have my truck because it’s hard to pass. With the car it’s easier to get around them

Those fuckers better watch out. In my car I don’t mind passing them with inches to spare if there is room which doesn’t bother me.:p:D

HALLETT BOY

Reaction score
Careful guys , I see a lot of jacked up trucks driving around town erratically with RDP stickers ...

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
I'm gonna make a magnet for the tailgate of my truck I can use whenever I make trips onnthe freeway that say.

"If I passed you on the right your a FUCKING IDIOT!!"

The right lane is the only lane that's usually clear in Kalifornia (especially on the 10 freeway through the Coachella Valley). Shitty drivers there all shoot to the "fast lane" and sit there clogging the freeway like the constipated a-holes they are. If you're not passing on the right in Kalifornia you aren't getting anywhere.

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
Seen all of this and more. Just doing a little trip this week. LAX to Havasu Saturday night. Havasu to SF yesterday. SF to LA in a couple of hours and last leg Friday LA to SD and go home on Sunday. The stupidity of other drivers in impressive to say the least. As frustrating as it may be the best driving in SoCal and AZ of all the places I typically drive.