WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

This Christmas, Salvation Army Wants White Donors to Offer a ‘Sincere Apology’ for Their Racism

HB2Havasu

Reaction score
Guess I’ll be giving my Christmas donation this year to an organization that hasn’t jumped the racism shark. Yore White therefore yore a Racist? WTF is wrong with people.

Flyinbowtie

Reaction score
Years ago I would get 200 bucks in 5 dollar bills and drop a 5 in every kettle I saw from Nov. 1st till the $ ran out,
I saw some actions by these folks at the scene of a fire that left me soured. Doesn't matter what...So I stopped. with the 5ers.

If I might humbly suggest there is one agency in your area that absolutely knows of families who are truly in need and truly deserve help. This would be your local cop shop. These people read BS for a living, and I can tell you when you see the Shop with a Cop deal being set up those kids are the ones in need.

Over the years I bet myself and a handful of other cops put together hundreds of bicycles in my garage. Kmart worked with us, to their credit.
I would suggest you find out if, when , and where the shop with a cop event is gonna take place, stop by and hand the cop whatever able to give, and tell him to add an extra bike or whatever for you, and then turn around and walk away.

Or go talk to the cops and ask if they are taking donations. When we did it the $ came from our office, everyone from secretary to Correctional officer to beat cop to Narc pooled cash and made it happen. Patrol would get the name of a handful of families, and we would take food, a tree, and toys.

There were a lot of things that I am proud of having done while wearing the badge, but rolling up to a house where we knew there was a need with a cop car full of Christmas never failed to leave me thinking we made a difference.
And...when you give, especially at this time of year...isn't that what you are trying to do? Make a difference?
Check with the cops, the beat cops...they know where the need is.

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
So I walked into the Bashas in Carefree yesterday and there was a nicely dressed woman outside ringing the bell.

As I approached, I told her that they (corporate) should be ashamed asking white people to apoligize for being white while basically still giving them money. She told me I need to research it more. I told her I have done all the research I need to do. I then walked away.

As I was coming out there was another guy having the same discussion with her.

I hope all day long she has to have the same conversation.

"No donation FOR YOU!"

OCMerrill

All in...
Reaction score
Debate is an art, misdirection and obfuscation is a cowards tool to fool the masses.

I like this statement. Nothing more true.

Hey SA.... You cant circulate a printed booklet internal or otherwise, then say oops and withdrawal it, and everything goes back the way it was.

Welcome to some really tough times.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
So I walked into the Bashas in Carefree yesterday and there was a nicely dressed woman outside ringing the bell.

As I approached, I told her that they (corporate) should be ashamed asking white people to apoligize for being white while basically still giving them money. She told me I need to research it more. I told her I have done all the research I need to do. I then walked away.

"No donation FOR YOU!"

This illustrates a trending phenomenon that retailers and charities might want to consider, and that is that the details are mattering less and less to Joe white public consumer. They/ We are TIRED of it... ALL of it.
I don't give a shit what details they may want me to consider, I am SICK of being called the bad white privileged racist who OWES something to someone because someone else did shit 150 years ago...and I don't think I'm alone.

I've given to the SA for nearly 40 full years, now I say to them "go fuck yourselves".
Fuck your "explanation"...I ain't interested.

Over 65% of TV ads are now blacks and gays, sometimes both. Keep shoving it down my throat and we'll see how effective your new advertising campaign is with over 50% of the consumer population.
Fuck em, I was born white, get the fuck over it.

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
This illustrates a trending phenomenon that retailers and charities might want to consider, and that is that the details are mattering less and less to Joe white public consumer. They/ We are TIRED of it... ALL of it.
I don't give a shit what details they may want me to consider, I am SICK of being called the bad white privileged racist who OWES something to someone because someone else did shit 150 years ago...and I don't think I'm alone.

I've given to the SA for nearly 40 full years, now I say to them "go fuck yourselves".
Fuck your "explanation"...I ain't interested.

Over 65% of TV ads are now blacks and gays, sometimes both. Keep shoving it down my throat and we'll see how effective your new advertising campaign is with over 50% of the consumer population.
Fuck em, I was born white, get the fuck over it.
I know I am and will never apologize for being white. F em all

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
The great irony is that they celebrate the OLDEST WHITEST GUY to ever pretend to sit in the oval office.
Total freaking clown world.

4czn10

Reaction score
I'm with WTG who said it," I'm not going to apologize for being born".
What fact the ignoramus woke community doesn't see or willing to acknowligde, they paint all white people who came to North America with same brush, regardless of their country or ancestry. I'm from Hungary, small country of 10 million, never having black slaves in our history, let alone seeing black people at all while grew up there. Until the Cuban crisis. We took people of all colours from Cuba [ were pressured by CCCP ] to spread them into our universities and colleges, free room and board.
This woke mentality infested the minds with slight chance of a cure.
Rant over
Spectra - I'm a first Gen American. My family came from Hungary also. Until Obummer came along, racism and all the BS that goes along with it, was never discussed, why...because it WASN'T a problem. We all got along, or at least that's what i thought. i will never apologize for being white! i treat everyone the same, including my adopted chid who happens to be 1/2 black half Pilipino. I'm praying we can get through these next 3 years!

2Driver

Reaction score

"No donation FOR YOU!"

Yeah they don’t give a shit, most are just paid workers making $10.45/hr.
Good to see you are in the right part of town anyway.

spectra3279

Vaginamoney broke
Reaction score
I'll apologize.

I'm sorry you have a problem with me being white.

nowski

Reaction score
I'll be offering up my apology this year with a signed blank check, here's my signature. VOID

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
"We should have thought about the white apology tour consequences a bit more"

Funny I have been giving out $$$$ to musicians and wait staff for months now. I am so willing to give the $$$ to the younger generation that are good people. Not uncommon t0 give 50% to some people.

SBMech

Fixes Broken Stuff
Reaction score
"We should have thought about the white apology tour consequences a bit more"

Written by "Fox 13 Staff" Nothing to see here, move along....fucking one world order BULLSHIT!

Everyone needs to punch santa and stuff the bell up his ass!

Jesus how horrible is that fact that the Salvation Army is a bunch of nazi whores!

Berdes

Reaction score
Not believing it. There is so much shit on the internet. Did you guys happen to notice the denial SA put out when the first story about this came out?
Stated they never issued such a decree, and they stood with every color, race, equally. Believe it. Stop being such a tool for the lib fools.

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score
Not believing it. There is so much shit on the internet. Did you guys happen to notice the denial SA put out when the first story about this came out?
Stated they never issued such a decree, and they stood with every color, race, equally. Believe it. Stop being such a tool for the lib fools.
Do some additional reading... they tried to cover their ass. It didn’t work. Fuck em.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score

Yeah I noticed it…I also noticed the resource material CLEARLY stating whites are naturally racist and need to address that before racial harmony can be achieved or some such bullshit…straight from the SA pages.
I had hoped it was false, but alas it is true and their own material states it in black and white.
(No pun intended)
Nope, my 40 year run with them is over.
I will never apologize for being born, fuck them.
They jumped on the bandwagon (good intentioned or not) and fucked themselves.
Just like all the tv channels playing 70% black commercials to a predominantly white buying demographic. Not financially smart.

Berdes

Reaction score
Yeah I noticed it…I also noticed the resource material CLEARLY stating whites are naturally racist and need to address that before racial harmony can be achieved or some such bullshit…straight from the SA pages.
I had hoped it was false, but alas it is true and their own material states it in black and white.
(No pun intended)
Nope, my 40 year run with them is over.
I will never apologize for being born, fuck them.
They jumped on the bandwagon (good intentioned or not) and fucked themselves.
Just like all the tv channels playing 70% black commercials to a predominantly white buying demographic. Not financially smart.
Well, I'll tell ya. If I'm wrong, I'm wrong. But I'd have to see that doc to believe it, and I can't find it. Why not post a copy or a link?

Hydroman55

Reaction score
They will never see my money again….Taking the SA position to final logical conclusion means no helping white folk in need? Or they would be supporting white racist.

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
Well, I'll tell ya. If I'm wrong, I'm wrong. But I'd have to see that doc to believe it, and I can't find it. Why not post a copy or a link?

You still think the same way?

Last edited:

River Runnin

Reaction score
Drunk on the koolaid Libtard! :rolleyes:

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score

It’s been posted already.
On a side note, I have no interest in harassing or confronting any bell ringers. It ain’t their fault and they aren’t the authors.
It’s very discouraging to me for this to happen.

hman442

Reaction score
Outside Sam's Club I told the not anymore due to their white apology or what ever it was and he said he has heard that many times. He said at least people are not being assholes about it, just saying no and why.
So that's interesting, and cool. Our "group" has been offended, and we're not being assholes, etc. If the other "groups" were offended, they'd be lighting everything on fire, breaking windows, trying to burn down the court houses, all that, as we've seen over and over the last couple years.

Berdes

Reaction score
You still think the same way?
Yup. That link was to a Fox News op-ed. Gave up on them quit a while ago. Still can not find the ORIGINAL doc., but only this from SA:

"Elements of the resource mistakenly led people to believe that The Salvation Army thought people needed to apologize for the color of their skin, that America is inherently racist, and that the organization had adopted critical race theory," Joseph Cohen, a spokesperson for The Salvation Army, told TND in a statement.

"The confusion was leading to disrespectful discourse, which distracts from our mission to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human need in His name without discrimination. Our focus remains on helping the 30 million Americans who are relying on us," Cohen added.

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score

FA79B2B4-7C92-4CCF-9AC6-DEF6525345E7.png

Sleek-Jet

Reaction score
Yup. That link was to a Fox News op-ed. Gave up on them quit a while ago. Still can not find the ORIGINAL doc., but only this from SA:

"Elements of the resource mistakenly led people to believe that The Salvation Army thought people needed to apologize for the color of their skin, that America is inherently racist, and that the organization had adopted critical race theory," Joseph Cohen, a spokesperson for The Salvation Army, told TND in a statement.

"The confusion was leading to disrespectful discourse, which distracts from our mission to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human need in His name without discrimination. Our focus remains on helping the 30 million Americans who are relying on us," Cohen added.

Then the Salvation Army did a lousy job of creating their program.

The second to last sentence brings sharp relief to this, the SA is not a racist organization, so why the need for a program focusing on racism in the SA?

DILLIGAF

Reaction score

Lol. Do what you want

Devilman

lol, yeah, sure, ok......
Reaction score
"If you engage with a trusted black or brown friend, please make sure they have the emotional and mental capacity to handle this."

lol, just... wow... 🤔 :oops: 😬

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
How dare you copy and paste from their own handbook! You're part of the problem...white fella, aren't you?

White and unapologetic for being born as the Lord intended lol

There will always be people like Berdes who will argue the sky isn’t blue but instead green. To each their own.

zbudman

Coors Light Strong
Reaction score
It's my understanding that,( People of Color), can't be racist, just white people. They're the worst I've ever seen.

traquer

Reaction score
Spectra - I'm a first Gen American. My family came from Hungary also. Until Obummer came along, racism and all the BS that goes along with it, was never discussed, why...because it WASN'T a problem. We all got along, or at least that's what i thought. i will never apologize for being white! i treat everyone the same, including my adopted chid who happens to be 1/2 black half Pilipino. I'm praying we can get through these next 3 years!
I feel the same way. I'm first generation American both parents from Hungary too. Cheers

Berdes

Reaction score
Lol. Do what you want
Always did and always will. Thanks. But I still dont see anything that says apologize for anything. Maybe implied if you want to read it that way, but I don't.
I really liked the line "If you engage with a trusted black or brown friend, please make sure they have the emotional and mental capacity to handle this."
It's much the way my experience has been from high school thru business life and into retirement.
Thanks for posting the original.

clarence

Reaction score
But I still dont see anything that says apologize for anything.

And as we engage in conversations about race and racism, we must keep in mind that sincere repentance and apologies are necessary if we want to move towards racial reconciliation. We recognize that it is a profound challenge to sit on the hot seat and listen with an open heart to the hurt and anger of the wounded. Yet, we are all hardwired to desire justice and fairness, so the need to receive a sincere apology is necessary.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
And as we engage in conversations about race and racism, we must keep in mind that sincere repentance and apologies are necessary if we want to move towards racial reconciliation. We recognize that it is a profound challenge to sit on the hot seat and listen with an open heart to the hurt and anger of the wounded. Yet, we are all hardwired to desire justice and fairness, so the need to receive a sincere apology is necessary.

Black and white right there.

I REALLY wanted to not believe it, but it didn’t take much googling to see it was true.

Berdes is only seeing the reactions and damage control in his searches I think.

Reactions: DWC

DWC

Reaction score
Always did and always will. Thanks. But I still dont see anything that says apologize for anything. Maybe implied if you want to read it that way, but I don't.
I really liked the line "If you engage with a trusted black or brown friend, please make sure they have the emotional and mental capacity to handle this."
It's much the way my experience has been from high school thru business life and into retirement.

Thanks for posting the original.
Exactly, because not all your black/brown friends can handle emotional situations. 🤷‍♂️😉