WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

This Christmas, Salvation Army Wants White Donors to Offer a ‘Sincere Apology’ for Their Racism

Taboma

Reaction score
Post where you see them in simi. I will make sure I say something. There is usually one at 99 cent store on tapo

I'll probably feel compelled to say something, but I'm going to be respectful to the Bell Ringer. I don't hold them personally responsible for the unwise decisions of those charged with governing.
I'd imagine there will be those who will offer thanks and more so, those who will express their criticism, it's unfortunate for them being on the front line.

500bbc

Reaction score
W
Their “resource study guide” clearly spells out their stance insisting that whites are inherently racist and perpetuate racism merely by not admitting their own racism, in so many words.
It’s real, and even a quick search reveals several links to their own literature sayin as much.

They are dead to me.

I don’t know if this was part of the original post, but there’s a slew of links to it.

From their “resource”...
“And as we engage in conversations about race and racism, we must keep in mind that sincere repentance and apologies are necessary if we want to move towards racial reconciliation. We recognize that it is a profound challenge to sit on the hot seat and listen with an open heart to the hurt and anger of the wounded. Yet, we are all hardwired to desire justice and fairness, so the need to receive a sincere apology is necessary,” said the resource.

In an accompanying Study Guide on Racism, the Salvation Army says whites are racist. “The subtle nature of racism is such that people who are not consciously racist easily function with the privileges, empowerment and benefits of the dominant ethnicity, thus unintentionally perpetuating injustice,” it says.

“We must stop denying the existence of individual and systemic/institutional racism. They exist, and are still at work to keep White Americans in power,” the lesson says.

Fuck them and their bullshit.
Would they change their tune if they were being looted?

Sleek-Jet

Reaction score
Don't know if true or not, but I believe they are the best large charity in terms of percentage of money actually getting to the nerdy. Red cross, and others are horrible. Like less than 10%.

I'm raising the BS flag on that. According to what I find, American Red Cross has a funding ratio of 90%.

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
Talking with my wife, about this i figured out what I’m going to do this year with my crummy 100$ bill, the local Fire Dept does “Fill a Boot for the Kids” that’s what i will be doing this year as well until i find a better organization to give to.

I’m sure it’s not just a Bullhead thing so maybe more of you can look into a similar place to donate to this Christmas.

Cdog

Reaction score
I’m surprised there so many of you surprised about these sort of things.

Save your money, do not donate to any of them.

Find a family member, a kid, someone in need of some life experience and spend that money and some time with them. Teach them the ways to succeed. Only invest in things worth investing in.

It could be as simple as buying a tool kit for a 16-year-old. Or opening an IRA for one of your grandkids.

Be the change you want to see.

Last edited:

Cdog

Reaction score
When I worked at a large commercial real estate firm they would have a office function where everybody took the day off work and went to someplace called “feed my starving children”. This is where donated money goes to pack food for families that are apparently too lazy to get off their own asses and feed their own starving children.

I refused to go since I’m on 100% commission & took my kids out of school that day and we hung out got ice cream and did things together as a family.

spectras only

Reaction score
I'm with WTG who said it," I'm not going to apologize for being born".
What fact the ignoramus woke community doesn't see or willing to acknowligde, they paint all white people who came to North America with same brush, regardless of their country or ancestry. I'm from Hungary, small country of 10 million, never having black slaves in our history, let alone seeing black people at all while grew up there. Until the Cuban crisis. We took people of all colours from Cuba [ were pressured by CCCP ] to spread them into our universities and colleges, free room and board.
This woke mentality infested the minds with slight chance of a cure.
Rant over

Last edited:

RVR SWPR

Almost Off the Grid
Reaction score
When I worked at a large commercial real estate firm they would have a office function where everybody took the day off work and went to someplace called “feed my starving children”. This is where donated money goes to pack food for families that are apparently too lazy to get off their own asses and feed their own starving children.

I refused to go since I’m on 100% commission & took my kids out of school that day and we hung out got ice cream and did things together as a family.

👍

boatpi

Reaction score
For what it’s worth we contribute heavily to Caterinas Club in Orange County. it’s part of the Anaheim White House restaurant A llandmark in Anaheim.

I’m sure you see Bruno the owner and son of Caterina, all over the news, time magazine and every where else feeding hundreds of thousands of children every year with pasta dinners. Often through the boys club and Girls club and other organizations they’re basically motel children. The operating expense is zero everything is volunteered!

Other ones that’s the charity behind the KFI pastathon every year that’s going on now and next Tuesday the 31st will be live on the Tim Conway show from their location.
All the folks in our Lamborghini club contribute and we go to their gala which raises over 400,000 every year.

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
I confronted an old, white bell ringer today in front of a Sam’s Club and said, “You know the Salvation Army is a Christian organization right? Do you know that it says white people need to apologize for being racist and the Salvation Army supports Black Lives Matter?” He said he had no idea and then went on ringing his bell

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
The first thing that struck me as odd in that article in the 1st post was them stating the "leadership in Alexandria...." when for decades at least (I don't know if they have moved or not) their headquarters was at their compound in Racho Palos Verdes. I went to a few of their Christmas plays when I was younger as they were a large client of my dad's then.

Taboma

Reaction score
The first thing that struck me as odd in that article in the 1st post was them stating the "leadership in Alexandria...." when for decades at least (I don't know if they have moved or not) their headquarters was at their compound in Racho Palos Verdes. I went to a few of their Christmas plays when I was younger as they were a large client of my dad's then.

I believe that's referring to a particular territory, the question is, where aren't they ? They are militarily structured and International, I believe officially headquartered in London.

500bbc

Reaction score
T
I confronted an old, white bell ringer today in front of a Sam’s Club and said, “You know the Salvation Army is a Christian organization right? Do you know that it says white people need to apologize for being racist and the Salvation Army supports Black Lives Matter?” He said he had no idea and then went on ringing his bell
That guy is one of addicts/homeless the SA puts to work.
They have fucked themselves.

propcheck

Reaction score
Ok I read their official position and the international racism position paper and it is straight out of the CRT handbook so I am not following any “fake“ news I am going with my own interpretation of what they published and they are now on my “hard pass” list. So no more money for them.

Mark G

Reaction score
I find this seriously irritating and I'm apologizing about being white, ever, to anybody. 🤬
I honestly thought it was pure bullshit when a neighbor forwarded it to me. He's known for the occasional not well researched fake news.
Nope, when I googled it, even the Hulltruth has a thread on it.

This is some serious bullshit and it's going to take some restraint not to mention it to one of the bell ringers, respectfully of course.

If this is a Vin then oops, but didn't see it on the first page.
Pandering at its finest.

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
W

Would they change their tune if they were being looted?

Don’t think that they can change their tune. Unless they get a different bell of course.

badgas

Reaction score
As post away on our google, apple and microsoft devices over corporate internet and wireless networks we complain about supporting the woke.

🤣

What is left to support ? Eat every meal at In-n-out , Chick fila and go work at Hobby Lobby ?

Bummer about Salvation Army 😏

hman442

Reaction score
You didn't pick cotton, I didn't own slaves.
Ya, but we read about it in school, this, according to "them", makes us racist. If we watch an ad on TV, that features white actors, and then go buy that product, we're racist...we should have boycotted it because of the "racist" ad. How frikkin far does this go, if I'm running on fumes, stop at Chevron, the employees aren't "diversified", but I get gas anyway, I'm a racist, for not driving away & searching for a station with a "diversified" employee base ?

2Driver

Reaction score
Don't know if true or not, but I believe they are the best large charity in terms of percentage of money actually getting to the nerdy. Red cross, and others are horrible. Like less than 10%.

True but keep in mind a lot of Red Cross expenses are not cash donations but supplies and getting a lot of manpower to the scene and the support for them to assist.

If you ever look at a charity's tax fillings on Charity Navigator ( you have to sign in to see them) it’s pretty disgusting how little most charities actually put to the core cause. Usually over 60%+ goes to Executive salaries, travel, pension, healthcare plans, office space marketing. I’m sure a lot of cash flows to vendors can be traced to friends or families that own those businesses Ie. Printing company, marketing company, travel agent, promotion company.

Waterjunky

RDP Inmate #94
Reaction score
True but keep in mind a lot of Red Cross expenses are not cash donations but supplies and getting a lot of manpower to the scene and the support for them to assist.

If you ever look at a charity's tax fillings on Charity Navigator ( you have to sign in to see them) it’s pretty disgusting how little most charities actually put to the core cause. Usually over 60%+ goes to Executive salaries, travel, pension, healthcare plans, office space marketing. I’m sure a lot of cash flows to vendors can be traced to friends or families that own those businesses Ie. Printing company, marketing company, travel agent, promotion company.
The other catch with groups like Red Cross is to look at the inventory cost and maintenance costs for having all the relief supplies just in storage. The overhead on this is huge. Yet if it is not done, then it is not there when needed. Then you multiply this all across the country......

Not saying they are great but the numbers for some groups are more complicated than others....

ATKpilot

Reaction score
They just alienated 80%+ of their donors and that includes me... Go woke and your kettles go broke.

According to their statement: "Additionally, "White culture" has challenges it needs to overcome, including "denial of racism," "defensiveness about race," and states that "White Americans" need to "stop trying to be ‘colorblind"

Meanwhile Salvation Army bell ringers are being robbed and complete kettles stolen by the chosen ones

Mandelon

Coffee makes me poop.
Reaction score
As the country celebrates Thanksgiving today, it is a welcome reminder of the things we are grateful for—and for the power of service on behalf of those who are less fortunate.

The Salvation Army mission statement clearly outlines our service: to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination. That service, and our beliefs, are based solely on the Bible and that has not, and will not, change.

Though we remain committed to serving everyone in need—regardless of their beliefs, their backgrounds, or their lifestyle—recently some individuals and groups have attempted to mislabel our organization to serve their own agenda(s). They have made outrageous claims that we believe our donors should apologize for their own racism, that The Salvation Army believes America is an inherently racist society, and that our organization has abandoned its beliefs for one ideology or another. In fact, an online petition is asking supporters to “stand against the insertion of politically charged racial ideologies into The Salvation Army’s good work.”

Those claims are false, and they distort the very goal of our work.

The truth is that The Salvation Army believes that racism is fundamentally incompatible with Christianity, and we are called to work toward a world where all people are loved, accepted, and valued. Our positional statement on racism makes this clear. These beliefs are important because we know that racism exists, and we are therefore determined to do everything the Bible asks us to do to overcome it.

The Salvation Army has occasionally published study guides on various complex topics, including race, to help foster positive conversations and reflection among Salvationists. The hope is that by openly discussing these issues, we can encourage a more thoughtful organization that is better positioned to serve those in need. These guides are solely designed for internal use. No one is being told how to think. Period.

The very purpose of conversation is to share differing points of view and to hear from people with different experiences. Discussion is not indoctrination. It’s what reasonable people do. It’s how we learn and we grow. Thankfully, not everyone thinks the same way – it’s what makes us unique in the eyes of our Creator. Yet some have taken the fact that we have invited such conversations about race among our members as an opportunity to push their own agenda. In doing so, they have sought to shut down conversation, not foster it.

We at The Salvation Army remain undeterred in our mission because we are confident in the power of the gospel, and because millions of vulnerable Americans need our help. We remain deeply grateful for the support of a generous public—people from all walks of life and from all parts of the country—who help us meet human need wherever it exists. Ours is a message of love, even for those who disagree or attack us. That is the model set by Christ that we strive to follow every day. God bless you, and happy Thanksgiving.

ATKpilot

Reaction score
" In this case, the guide “Let’s Talk About Racism,” was issued as a voluntary resource, but it has since become a focus of controversy. We have done our best to provide accurate information, but unfortunately, some have chosen to ignore those efforts. At the same time, International Headquarters realized that certain aspects of the guide may need to be clarified.

Consequently, for both reasons, the International Social Justice Commission has now withdrawn the guide for appropriate review."

Translation: We got caught and we know it, this will affect our bottom line....quick turn it around on those that attack us! You know, like all liberals do

500bbc

Reaction score
As the country celebrates Thanksgiving today, it is a welcome reminder of the things we are grateful for—and for the power of service on behalf of those who are less fortunate.

The Salvation Army mission statement clearly outlines our service: to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination. That service, and our beliefs, are based solely on the Bible and that has not, and will not, change.

Though we remain committed to serving everyone in need—regardless of their beliefs, their backgrounds, or their lifestyle—recently some individuals and groups have attempted to mislabel our organization to serve their own agenda(s). They have made outrageous claims that we believe our donors should apologize for their own racism, that The Salvation Army believes America is an inherently racist society, and that our organization has abandoned its beliefs for one ideology or another. In fact, an online petition is asking supporters to “stand against the insertion of politically charged racial ideologies into The Salvation Army’s good work.”

Those claims are false, and they distort the very goal of our work.

The truth is that The Salvation Army believes that racism is fundamentally incompatible with Christianity, and we are called to work toward a world where all people are loved, accepted, and valued. Our positional statement on racism makes this clear. These beliefs are important because we know that racism exists, and we are therefore determined to do everything the Bible asks us to do to overcome it.

The Salvation Army has occasionally published study guides on various complex topics, including race, to help foster positive conversations and reflection among Salvationists. The hope is that by openly discussing these issues, we can encourage a more thoughtful organization that is better positioned to serve those in need. These guides are solely designed for internal use. No one is being told how to think. Period.

The very purpose of conversation is to share differing points of view and to hear from people with different experiences. Discussion is not indoctrination. It’s what reasonable people do. It’s how we learn and we grow. Thankfully, not everyone thinks the same way – it’s what makes us unique in the eyes of our Creator. Yet some have taken the fact that we have invited such conversations about race among our members as an opportunity to push their own agenda. In doing so, they have sought to shut down conversation, not foster it.

We at The Salvation Army remain undeterred in our mission because we are confident in the power of the gospel, and because millions of vulnerable Americans need our help. We remain deeply grateful for the support of a generous public—people from all walks of life and from all parts of the country—who help us meet human need wherever it exists. Ours is a message of love, even for those who disagree or attack us. That is the model set by Christ that we strive to follow every day. God bless you, and happy Thanksgiving.
How much did they pay their attorneys to author that.

If they didn't say what they are accused of say so then sue who did.

Otherwise, again, pablum.

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
Just like any organization, the "Salvation Army" is a reflection of the people who CURRENTLY operate and control it. For many years their ratio of donations to actual benefits for those in need has been really good. But, I had no idea about these "guides" some or one of which, are of current concern. Were they internal documents which have suddenly seen the light of day? When it comes to SA current "Bellringers" chances are, they may likely be very well aware of these "guides". So let's put it in terms we can understand. It looks to me like someone or some parties within the SA suddenly realized . . Oops we may have just 'screwed the goose' with this "guide" which is now known to the public. So who steps in via their statement to make things right? "The International Social Justice Commission has now withdrawn the Guide for appropriate review". WTF is this International Social Justice Commission? For me, this SA duck is much looking like a duck etc etc. You know the rest. And this recent SA 'guide' just happened to have recently seen the light of day. No Thanks, SA is no longer for me.

This might be a good place for RDP suggestions of worthy charities. But, that can be a very tough deal. I'll put my neck out. I'll mention one and it's boating related. WHOW, War Heros on the Water. A locally founded charity, by one SoCal guy. They, and area sportfishing yacht owners and their crews, take wounded US Vets fishing in our local waters for a 3 day event each year. Some of these Vets are reeling in big fish with prosthetic legs and arms. But, WHOW is well aware that not all of our Vet's severe wounds are visible. It was all founded and continues to be headed up by a local, Anthony Hseih. If interested you can look up the rest. I understand as a young, boat and fishing loving teenager, Hsieh was once scrubbing some of our Newport Beach fishing boats at Davey's Locker and others at Queen's Wharf in LB. Upon high school graduation he went on to Harvard. Worked his ass off, founded and now owns Loan Depot. WHOW is another of his creations and a worthy local charity, IMO, Good Local Charity, headed up by a Good Local Guy.

Last edited:

TBulger

Reaction score
I too read the original article this morning and was appalled, as I return those “little donation requests” that come 12 times a year minimum.
So disappointed that an organization can be that foolish as to accuse the largest race that donates to them as being racist and further want an apology for apparently something as silly as the latest Liberal craze.

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score
They just alienated 80%+ of their donors and that includes me... Go woke and your kettles go broke.

Christmastime we go to Lowes/HD and buy out their leftover Christmas toys they brought in for Black Friday. Ill do this when I go home next week. We donated roughly 40 remote control cars last year to the New Braunfels TX police department...they directly give them out to kids in need. Shop with a cop and similar programs are pretty awesome and thats where we choose to give our money/donations to at Christmas.

Salvation Army has lost its way...I saw it first hand back home in HI..always looked at it as a money making deal vs actually doing anything. Find something local that means something to you...fuck these woke bastards.

76sanger

Reaction score
I have always donated all my belongings and money to the SA. But now I'm really going to have to think this over for the next week or so.
I know one place that I will never stop donating to is ST JUDE CHILDREN'S HOSPITAL.

Looking Glass

1 = Well = Known = Member
Reaction score
I have always donated all my belongings and money to the SA. But now I'm really going to have to think this over for the next week or so.
I know one place that I will never stop donating to is ST JUDE CHILDREN'S HOSPITAL.

The "Shriners" is a wonderful Organization, that I saw firsthand what they do for Children in need of medical services. They assist Children and their Families when they need it the most, and never discuss any cost for services.

PaPaG

Reaction score
I find this seriously irritating and I'm apologizing about being white, ever, to anybody. 🤬
I honestly thought it was pure bullshit when a neighbor forwarded it to me. He's known for the occasional not well researched fake news.
Nope, when I googled it, even the Hulltruth has a thread on it.

This is some serious bullshit and it's going to take some restraint not to mention it to one of the bell ringers, respectfully of course.

If this is a Vin then oops, but didn't see it on the first page.
FK them!, they lost any and all donations from us going forward, after all we are white racists....

SNiC Jet

Reaction score
Got to give the Devil his due as the war to deface and destroy Christianity is alive, well, and active on all fronts. ;)

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
Last I heard the Bell Ringers are NOW mostly paid, temp, seasonal employees not regular SA.
I dunno what to think of their websites disclaimer.

regor

Tormenting libturds
Reaction score
Not sure of it was posted up, but here is the archived training document.

aRpuSdb3.png

1638223800264.png

LazyLavey

Reaction score

SBMech

Fixes Broken Stuff
Reaction score
While you were looking, did you happen to follow the link I posted above in post # 10 ? Several subsequent posts discuss the Salvation Army's official rebuttal to these claims found with that link from their website. So yes, I get the BS, the question remains, is this "White Apology" story coming from a group within the Army, or from outside and what's the motive.

I'll repost the link ---

That looks and smells like a rollback on some "guide" they published....since they recalled them all for "review".

"In this case, the guide “Let’s Talk About Racism,” was issued as a voluntary resource, but it has since become a focus of controversy. We have done our best to provide accurate information, but unfortunately, some have chosen to ignore those efforts. At the same time, International Headquarters realized that certain aspects of the guide may need to be clarified.

Consequently, for both reasons, the International Social Justice Commission has now withdrawn the guide for appropriate review."

Seems like they are all CRT bitches in the end.

They will all be lucky not to get knocked the fuck out.

Taboma

Reaction score
That looks and smells like a rollback on some "guide" they published....since they recalled them all for "review".

"In this case, the guide “Let’s Talk About Racism,” was issued as a voluntary resource, but it has since become a focus of controversy. We have done our best to provide accurate information, but unfortunately, some have chosen to ignore those efforts. At the same time, International Headquarters realized that certain aspects of the guide may need to be clarified.

Seems like they are all CRT bitches in the end.

They will all be lucky not to get knocked the fuck out.

If this guide is what Regor posted in #97 above, then it's light years beyond any misunderstanding, roll-back, appropriate review, re-wording, or clean up on isle # 10. Their position of CRT " White man bad" advocacy is chiseled in stone.