WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

This cop fucked-up...

Deangang

v-drive row member
Reaction score
Sounds like the kids parents are at fault to me . When I was a kid you we’re taught to always respect your elders not hit them ! Kid might need some get right instead of a time out moving forward .....

Last edited:

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
There's a whole group of adults that need a whoopin'.
Sure, the kid may have been out of line. There is a lot to classroom management and student control. Teacher failed before police officer was called.
My wife has worked in that age bracket, and with special needs, for 20+years...no cops called on her or the kids.
Not a chance in hell I could do it.

Carlson-jet

Not Giving A Fuck Is An Art
Reaction score
News said he was fired and damn well should have been. Unfortunately tax payers will pay for the lawsuit to follow..

What would you do? Teachers are being assaulted at a rate never seen before in this country. Charge the parents? Imagine if she had stabbed another student with a pencil in the neck due to her lack of composer. Who is to blame then?

SoCalDave

Reaction score
At 6 years old...are you fukin kidding me...

Carlson-jet

Reaction score
At 6 years old...are you fukin kidding me...
It's no joke. School violence is real and is affecting children younger and younger.
Who is to blame for a 6 year old child assaulting a teacher.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
It's no joke. School violence is real and is affecting children younger and younger.
Who is to blame for a 6 year old child assaulting a teacher.
As the husband of a teacher, blame to be placed, in no order:
Parents, for raising kids with no consequences, raised by TV, games and cell phones
Drug companies, for medicating my generation, and now our kids.
The teacher for letting the actions escalate to a point where safety of other students is at risk.

JUSTWANNARACE

I will not let them take me🤣🤣
Reaction score
Bring back the paddles and the swats with the rulers and this shit would be alot less common. If shes allowed to get away with this at that age imagine her as a teenager.

I'm with @H20 Toie why where the cops there in the first place if they expected them to do nothing? Seems we are missing alot of info leading up the what was shown in the video. Of coarse the lawyer of said kid only released and informed what would be beneficial in their case. Hell I would have much rather be restrained and put in a cop car than deal with what my parents would have done when I got home if I pulled some shit like that!!

Last edited:

SoCalDave

Reaction score
How is this the cops fault?
Somebody had to have called him
He isn't just taking a kid into custody for no reason
the whole story doesn't add up
The attending school called the cops...sad deal overall for the 6yo.

JUSTWANNARACE

Reaction score
The attending school called the cops...sad deal overall for the 6yo.

I agree 100% that is a sad deal. But not for what the cop did, at no point was there any comments about restraints being to tight or out of line. I can only hope that it opens the little girls eyes, even just being scared, that she doesnt do this again, and the incident (that she apparently was not happy with) changes her life path in the right direction.

In all reality this could have been the best thing that could have happened, and better to happen at a young age. I hope she now thinks about her actions, and realizes the consequences of said actions!

JUSTWANNARACE

Reaction score
I agree 100% that is a sad deal. But not for what the cop did, at no point was there any comments about restraints being to tight or out of line. I can only hope that it opens the little girls eyes, even just being scared, that she doesnt do this again, and the incident (that she apparently was not happy with) changes her life path in the right direction.

In all reality this could have been the best thing that could have happened, and better to happen at a young age. I hope she now thinks about her actions, and realizes the consequences of said actions!

I know I will get chastised for my comments but all in all I hope this makes this little girl a better person, and she moves forward in life knowing there is consequences to your actions. And you cant go through life as a thug. Probably wont happen because they(parents, lawyers, ect.) are going to to make her dramatize the events to get what they want.

I could hear my dad now if I where to do something like that, "did you learn your lesson? I bet you wont do that anymore will you?" Never would they have called a lawer. Matter of fact he would have had the teacher and the cop over for beers, made me apologize to both, then would make me grab them another beer out of the fridge for them when the finished the first one..

I guess we all have different outlooks on things!

Carlson-jet

Reaction score
I show my daughter plenty of videos as to why to stay away from the plague of undisciplined children.
I could post thousands of videos on here why that stance is taken and would probably get banned.
All I can say is the news media is on the wrong side. They are not there to protect anybody. They claim vigilance but in fact see nothing other than Corporate dollars and hope these situations continue. The weather doesn't really bring in much revenue.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
I know I will get chastised for my comments but all in all I hope this makes this little girl a better person, and she moves forward in life knowing there is consequences to your actions. And you cant go through life as a thug. Probably wont happen because they(parents, lawyers, ect.) are going to to make her dramatize the events to get what they want.

I could hear my dad now if I where to do something like that, "did you learn your lesson? I bet you wont do that anymore will you?" Never would they have called a lawer. Matter of fact he would have had the teacher and the cop over for beers, made me apologize to both, then would make me grab them another beer out of the fridge for them when the finished the first one..

I guess we all have different outlooks on things!
My Pops would have beat my ass. Not only for having the cops called off of important things, but also for him having to miss work. No lawsuits, just a kid that couldn't sit for a bit.

ka0tyk

Warlock Performance Boats Merchandise Connections
Reaction score
Sorry but I see no issue in this by LEO. The kid is attacking a teacher at 6 years old. Let’s stop making cops the bad guys. If the kid was an outstanding student we wouldn’t be having this conversation. But unfortunately keia or whatever her name is doesn’t understand respect and rules. Is that the cops fault? No it’s her sh$t parents. So she has to be given a lesson on how to behave and consequences by everyone else around her because her parents are failing her. Her actions changed the lives of her fellow students, faculty, and a police officer.

So who really is at fault here?

JUSTWANNARACE

Reaction score
My Pops would have beat my ass. Not only for having the cops called off of important things, but also for him having to miss work. No lawsuits, just a kid that couldn't sit for a bit.

Ohh absolutely, only he would not have left work, he would have let me dwell on it till he got home knowing I knew what was going to happen when he got home.. having the teacher and cop over would have been after my punishment..lol I can say I never once got "grounded" as child growing up. But I did get "straightened out" then would be told to "go play"..lol

jailbird141

Reaction score

Sleek-Jet

Reaction score
To begin with, can a 6 year old actually be arrested? I mean lawfully arrested? Im saying no but don't know the laws in Florida.

So there is that.

Then, unless the child is in danger can the state take the child? I'm going to say no to that also, but again not familiar with Florida laws.

The parents should have been there and the cop should have waited until they were there to do anything. At least then he would have had a chance to arrest an adult.

Last edited:

WYRD

Reaction score
He should have tazed her... 🤣

For those that are negative nannies, put the kid at 16...does that change your mind? That's where this kid is headed if she doesn't get some strict guidance.

LowRiver2

Reaction score
Meh,
Level of LE professionalism/tactics falls off a cliff once you leave Ca.
Florida had a Cop Stand by while an active shooter killed students, what is surprise here?

Ca. Very rarely puts handcuffs on anyone under 12, and certainly there will be many levels of intervention on the child before an Officer gets involved.
It’s surprising FL doesn’t have clear protocols on handling juveniles , both by legal statutes and state LE training guidelines.

Cdog

Reaction score
My parents would’ve been more than happy if I was thrown in cuffs and Put in the back of a cop car if I was acting like a little asshole and assaulting teachers at my school, even at six years old. I would feel the same about my daughters.

Big mama has failed to raise her daughter correctly and now society must absorb the burden. I predict this will not be the last time that girl will be in cuffs before she’s an adult. “My baby didn’t do nuffin!!“”

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Meh,
Level of LE professionalism/tactics falls off a cliff once you leave Ca.
Florida had a Cop Stand by while an active shooter killed students, what is surprise here?

Ca. Very rarely puts handcuffs on anyone under 12, and certainly there will be many levels of intervention on the child before an Officer gets involved.
It’s surprising FL doesn’t have clear protocols on handling juveniles , both by legal statutes and state LE training guidelines.
Sorry, had to laugh...
Maybe Cali LE should put more 6yo's in cuffs. I know you've been to an LA middle school...tactics and professionalism? Those places are like Detroit! Cuff the little bastards young, or they're the one's that you'll deal with later.

DrunkenSailor

Reaction score
A six year old does not have the mental capacity to be arrested. They throw tantrums. Are the parents to blame maybe, but i have seen a ton of kids, mine included throw a tantrum at 6. Its usually when they are tired or jacked on sugar. I blame the staff at the school.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
A six year old does not have the mental capacity to be arrested. They throw tantrums. Are the parents to blame maybe, but i have seen a ton of kids, mine included throw a tantrum at 6. Its usually when they are tired or jacked on sugar. I blame the staff at the school.
^Yes...a teacher should have never let it escalate to this point. My wife deals with these things almost daily this year. Dinner conversation is usually a compilation of the school day, both kids and wife. Most kids will not do anything near as bad for a teacher, as they do their parents. I know I don't have the wiring to be one, but I am not a teacher. I know my wife has had some sort of training when it comes to both protecting the class, and containing a "problem child". The school needs to re-evaluate their training. Most likely, the cop was asked to do what he did.

c_land

Reaction score
As the husband of a teacher, blame to be placed, in no order:
Parents, for raising kids with no consequences, raised by TV, games and cell phones
Drug companies, for medicating my generation, and now our kids.
Government oversight for removing any available disciplinary action for fear of being labeled racist or exclusionary
School Districts and Administrations for offering no support to Teachers for discipline

The teacher for letting the actions escalate to a point where safety of other students is at risk.

My significant other is also a teacher. Based on our conversations I would add the above in red.

dribble

Reaction score
Sorry but I see no issue in this by LEO. The kid is attacking a teacher at 6 years old. Let’s stop making cops the bad guys. If the kid was an outstanding student we wouldn’t be having this conversation. But unfortunately keia or whatever her name is doesn’t understand respect and rules. Is that the cops fault? No it’s her sh$t parents. So she has to be given a lesson on how to behave and consequences by everyone else around her because her parents are failing her. Her actions changed the lives of her fellow students, faculty, and a police officer.

So who really is at fault here?

The bottom line is that the parents should have been called before anything happened. Suspects are restrained in handcuffs or zip ties for the safety of the officer. Any cop who is afraid of being assaulted by a six year old girl should not be a cop. Even if someone wanted to press charges on a six year old, the girl should have released to her parents. None of us know what the family dynamic is so we can't automatically blame the parents for the behavior of the child. I am close with a family that has three well behaved productive children and one total shithead. The parents did everything they could for him but he chose to be a shithead. That cop deserves to be fired for stupidity if for nothing else.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
As much as it sucks.. I’m not really sure what else that cop was supposed to do in that situation? He wasn’t abusive or anything?

84miller

Reaction score
The school called the police because the child was uncontrollable. School should have called the parent(s), to pick up the kid, and never allow the kid back into school. But as normal, the police doing their job, per laws on the book, takes a huge loss because no one will address the actual problem, which is a kid that knows that throwing a fit works. I see no reason to go into law enforcement, I have a very high respect for law enforcement, but why subject yourself to the risk of being a fired scapegoat.

22citation

Reaction score
As a current SRO I guess I'll come out from the shadows and share my opinion.

100% should not have happened. I deal with kids K-12 daily, and cuffing any elementary school aged kid under 12 is not only not an option legally, but also ethically, morally, etc. What should have happened is if the teacher had completely lost control of this little girl, he/she should have notified admin, got a staff member or two and removed the other kids from the room and lock the girl in the classroom by herself. Parent notification gets made at this point, then you wait. I've been called to classrooms where high school aged kids (granted they're special ed) have literally put holes in walls, and this is almost always the approach. Physical restraints are a last resort and for safety purposes only. It flat out is not worth the liability if the kid decides to fight, and they almost always will.

Florida's laws definitely differ from CA for sure, but seriously the kid is 6. If some dude put my 7 year old daughter in cuffs due to a tantrum without notifying me or my wife first, I'd want that cop's head on a platter. Besides, what grown adult presses charges on a 6 year old? I'll be the first to agree today's kids are out of control, but LEO role at this age is mentoring and positive relationship building, not criminally punitive. They're flat out too young.

LowRiver2

Reaction score
Sorry, had to laugh...
Maybe Cali LE should put more 6yo's in cuffs. I know you've been to an LA middle school...tactics and professionalism? Those places are like Detroit! Cuff the little bastards young, or they're the one's that you'll deal with later.

My Dad was a teacher at Pioneer HS in Whittier for 35 years. He tackled, disarmed knife wielding students three times who were about to stab other kids they were fighting with in class.
He retired after 3rd time he did it in 93’ and the new principal questioned his actions (!)
He’s a Korean War Marine, he simply said to her “it’s time” and retired
For me: HS and a very few middle school kids: game on
Not elementary age

Mcob25rg

Reaction score
Son is a LEO. Did a 2 year stint as a SRO, large middle school in major metro area ( ages 12-14 ). Had kids put other kids in hospitals, one killed another for minor issue, so before you start talking about age, go into some of these places and see what goes on. Physical violence doesn't have an age requirement, and teachers aren't allowed to teach things like self control, discipline, responsibility. SRO's are asked to fix all social ills, but are fired if they actually attempt to do their job. I was always afraid that whatever discipline i recieved at school would pale to what would happen at home when the parents discovered my indrescressions, but those days are past. My son had to wrestle a 12 year old to the ground, and the punk was going for his weapon the entire time!!!! He tazed him, and was repremanded for too much use of force - if they are already willing to go physical on an adult at 6, cuffs are the least of our problems - this kid will eventually kill one of us, and feel nothing for doing it.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Son is a LEO. Did a 2 year stint as a SRO, large middle school in major metro area ( ages 12-14 ). Had kids put other kids in hospitals, one killed another for minor issue, so before you start talking about age, go into some of these places and see what goes on. Physical violence doesn't have an age requirement, and teachers aren't allowed to teach things like self control, discipline, responsibility. SRO's are asked to fix all social ills, but are fired if they actually attempt to do their job. I was always afraid that whatever discipline i recieved at school would pale to what would happen at home when the parents discovered my indrescressions, but those days are past. My son had to wrestle a 12 year old to the ground, and the punk was going for his weapon the entire time!!!! He tazed him, and was repremanded for too much use of force - if they are already willing to go physical on an adult at 6, cuffs are the least of our problems - this kid will eventually kill one of us, and feel nothing for doing it.

Sadly I'm not sure it's the kids fault but rather the upbringing.. I can't say I've ever met a bad six year old.. (Although I have seen plenty on the internet that zero doubt in my mind will be going down a path of evil shortly).

RD

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
My Dad was a teacher at Pioneer HS in Whittier for 35 years. He tackled, disarmed knife wielding students three times who were about to stab other kids they were fighting with in class.
He retired after 3rd time he did it in 93’ and the new principal questioned his actions (!)
Not elementary age
What I meant was kids need to be taught somehow that actions have reprocussions. These days, there seems to be little fear of punishment for wrong doing. If the cuffs were a scare tactic, great. More than likely the kid was way out of line.
After my inlaw was shot with RCSD, he spent a year or two as an SRO at a middle school. Those little fucktards he dealt with were on their way to being full fledged felons.

There isn't the fear of God...let alone the law, or parents.

DC-88

Reaction score
What sucks is that the very small percentage of parents who truly abused their kids back in the day ruined parenting and discipline in general for everyone . Last weekend we were at my sons college baseball game and a little girl from a farm/ ranch type conservative looking family was running up and down the bleachers over and over past tons of people when she slipped and ate shit. No blood, no teeth chipped , but crying and hyperventilating. Mom picks her up and says “Oh sweetie I’m sooo sorry that happened to you “. My wife turns to me and says “ how about that’s what happens when you screw around on the stairs like I told you not to “ . The hands off, tablet in hand, and overly positive parenting is a cancer —
Adjustments.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JD D05

Reaction score
What sucks is that the very small percentage of parents who truly abused their kids back in the day ruined parenting and discipline in general for everyone . Last weekend we were at my sons college baseball game and a little girl from a farm/ ranch type conservative looking family was running up and down the bleachers over and over past tons of people when she slipped and ate shit. No blood, no teeth chipped , but crying and hyperventilating. Mom picks her up and says “Oh sweetie I’m sooo sorry that happened to you “. My wife turns to me and says “ how about that’s what happens when you screw around on the stairs like I told you not to “ . The hands off, tablet in hand, and overly positive parenting is a cancer —
View attachment 848651

You got to me really careful being on the other side also. I avoided telling this story on RDP because I didn't want to hear the shit from the members that don't think like me. But about a month ago I was at a cheer comp and my little boy was being a little shit. After I warned him a few times he was rolling around on the ground and hit into some people. I walked over and gave him a slight tug with the hair down on his neck...not a pull or yank no screams no crying. Stood him up and said something like knock this shit off in a firm voice. I made the decision to take him away from the crowd and let him run around the school where nobody was at. Well some lady turned me into the 3 cops on duty and said I lifted him off the ground by his hair. I got wind they were searching for me and just decided to avoid it and left with him.

DrunkenSailor

Reaction score
View attachment 848651

My go to is always "see if you listened when I told you not to ______" my wife always shoots me the look. Our parenting styles are completely different. That said neither one of us will spare the rod when required.

ramos45

Reaction score
You got to me really careful being on the other side also. I avoided telling this story on RDP because I didn't want to hear the shit from the members that don't think like me. But about a month ago I was at a cheer comp and my little boy was being a little shit. After I warned him a few times he was rolling around on the ground and hit into some people. I walked over and gave him a slight tug with the hair down on his neck...not a pull or yank no screams no crying. Stood him up and said something like knock this shit off in a firm voice. I made the decision to take him away from the crowd and let him run around the school where nobody was at. Well some lady turned me into the 3 cops on duty and said I lifted him off the ground by his hair. I got wind they were searching for me and just decided to avoid it and left with him.

HoLeeFuk...The pussification is real in some. Stories like this infuriate me!

JD D05

Reaction score
HoLeeFuk...The pussification is real in some. Stories like this infuriate me!

I was so pissed off. Had to miss the performance....who knows what I would have had to deal with. The cops may have been super cool, but they could have also not been and than you are dealing with a real shit sandwich. Child services can pull some incredible messed up shit with people kids.

Best part the parent that turned me in her daughter is on my kids team...The kid gets in trouble for vaping, parties, and always misses practices.

DC-88

Reaction score
My go to is always "see if you listened when I told you not to ______" my wife always shoots me the look. Our parenting styles are completely different. That said neither one of us will spare the rod when required.
We set the tone the same as how we were raised in the early years and by 7-8 years old ours were all good. Like JD said above, kids need to squirrel out, burn energy, and run around so sometimes one parent may have to take one for the team and miss out on dessert at a restaurant , a couple innings of a game, the last couple runs on the slopes, ride with them back to camp, etc. In this instance with the 6 year old in the news story it seems the parents dumped the discipline of an undisciplined kid onto the school, who threw their hands up and eventually put it in the hands of a random cop on duty who decided it was a good idea to arrest a first grader lol.

Looking Glass

1 = Well = Known = Member
Reaction score
The school called the police because the child was uncontrollable. School should have called the parent(s), to pick up the kid, and never allow the kid back into school. But as normal, the police doing their job, per laws on the book, takes a huge loss because no one will address the actual problem, which is a kid that knows that throwing a fit works. I see no reason to go into law enforcement, I have a very high respect for law enforcement, but why subject yourself to the risk of being a fired scapegoat.

Have you seen the video of the whole deal? I watched it last night The Mother is a druggie, NO Father and grandmother is attempting to raise severl children fron two of her worthless children, she is very upset,so upset the "LAWSUIT" term arose.

SBMech

Fixes Broken Stuff
Reaction score

That's some fucked up shit right there. If you make an accusation like that, and call the authorities on another parent, your bitch ass should go to prison for a fucking year if the accusation is found to be false.

NOBODY has the RIGHT TO TELL YOU HOW TO PARENT.

I truly believe that all violent youth issues are directly related to poor parenting and punk ass "here's your IPad go shut up mommy's show is on" crap.

Spare the rod, spoil the child becomes more and more relevant IMO.

The friends I have that gave spankings up to a certain age: Kids are awesome, polite, respectful and great kids.

The friends I have that don't believe in physical enforcement : without fail ALL of their kids have behavioral issues, violent to other kids, parents can't go out to dinner because the little fuckers start bothering other diners....it's a cringeworthy experience to do ANYTHING with them because invariably one of their kids ruins something, breaks something, gets into a fight with someone etc.

Sad part is, IMO the "child protection services" do more harm than good mostly, precisely because of so many false stories that the REAL ABUSE slips through.

Last edited:

Justfishing

Reaction score
I ask myself at what point does a group of adults in charge of students feel the need to call the police.

If the school is calling the police things are so out of hand that they cant control the child. Are they incompetent? Is this child so ould of control that they are a danger to themself and others.

A six year old could damage a lot of things if no one is allowed to step in. Did they feel thier hands were tied by policy

We have schools that want to mainstream kids and some probably should not be in a school setting.does this kid have mental problems or lack of parenting? Maybe the kid should have been taken for a mental health evaluation.

As usual we get a little snippet from the media to get a knee jerk reaction. We get a very vague picture of what lead up to calling the police.

What were the cops actions. Didnt seem like he was abusive. Was arresting the right decision. I dont know but probably not. Was it as horrendous as people are making it out to be, proably not.

I reserve judgement until all the evidence comes out.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
@Justfishing , here's what I can see from my view. It really kind of supports your point. As I've said, my wife is a kinder teacher. She has 28 4-6 year olds as students. Of that, 13 are on "IEP's". That is an individual education plan. It means the kid could have anything from speach issues, to developmental dissabilities or delays. Another couple of students do not have IEP's, but are currently undergoing medical or psychological evaluation.

My wife is in a "mainstream" class. She has over 20 years doing this. This year has been her hardest. She hasn't ever thought to call the cops. That said, every few weeks she has needed to call for another adult to escort a "disruptive" student to the "time out room".

In looking at the families, it's all across the board. One of her hardest cases is a kid adopted by some really brave folks. They have two special needs boys older than this one, that are also adopted. They are trying everthing to get things sorted out. My thoughts, drug baby. Been around them through family.

Some of the other families are not the kind to try. They are the ones that both drop off their kids, and pick them up in the same pajamas. They expect the teachers to parent...and that doesn't work.

The world has changed, and not for the best. The "Greatest Generation" has slowly past into history, not many left. In a way, it's good. Most won't see what's happening. These poor people faught for a way of life. The masses couldn't fight their way out of a wet paper bag. Because of that, the way of life is being lost.

bilz

Newly Retired!😁
Reaction score
Not elementary age
Off the subject I went to Pioneer graduated in 1982. Was I possibly one of his students?