WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

This house is rad..

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I wish the garage was a little bigger, but if I was gonna buy a house this is about what I would want it to look like inside and out.. it’s gorgeous

Couple of pics if you don’t want to click the link. This place is had f’n ass

497A78F1-F57F-4399-9CDF-3A55A9D622CE.jpeg
FECD1656-0857-4671-9D78-AB741ED8A7A0.jpeg
59FD8A19-D284-4480-B64A-26D04004D4D6.jpeg
BEAC754B-5522-43B3-95CB-DEA7DCF06549.jpeg
5C175660-B891-4BF0-9D3B-02A67238EC1E.jpeg

DWC

Reaction score
Gotta love open checkbook homes. Some very cool features. We rode through there quite a bit on the bikes. Nice neighborhood, very quiet unless they leave the gates open. 😉
The homes on the back side of the island have some crazy garages. Full containers in them that looked like they could fit a few. Really like how the island is developing

Attachments

• A34BB1CB-A252-4FE7-B13A-FA286F2006AC.jpeg
    A34BB1CB-A252-4FE7-B13A-FA286F2006AC.jpeg
    97.5 KB · Views: 111

copterzach

Reaction score
That house is bad ass. Is that the master closet in the pictures?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DRYHEAT

Reaction score
Not much parking for the infamous RDP after parties.

Reactions: DWC

Xtrmwakeboarder

Reaction score
House looks nice vs. most of the places I see in Havasu. $1.7MM though…damn

Reactions: DWC

AZLineman

Adjusting to retired life
Reaction score
Beautiful but would not wana pay the monthly bill from Unisource on that one.

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score
Beautiful but would not wana pay the monthly bill from Unisource on that one.
I'd bet its more efficient than you think. We just did a massive remodel on our house in Havasu. The updated HVAC etc made a massive difference...I laughed at the bill from July expecting it to be 2-3x what it was. If it's insulated well, all LED, and the HVAC was a high rating it's probably lower than a lot of guys houses of comparable size that are older.

CarolynandBob

Reaction score
As others have said the size lot is a no go. I think my RV lot in FL, the neighbors are further away. Probably just me and it may be the new "in" thing, but I do not like the cabinets and the fireplace is too busy. Very nice house but just not for me.

nowski

Reaction score
I like the custom scaffolding, it ads a personal touch with the neighbors...

HB2Havasu

Reaction score
Cool House but whenever the Island is built out and if there is still only 1 bridge in and out it’s going to be a traffic cluster bomb! Personally for that kinda scratch I would be looking up in the foothills or riviera.

franky

Reaction score
1.7 mil with a 20' deep backyard and you can reach out and touch your neighbor next door and no view?
pass
Yep, never saw the draw of the island. No view, no yard, crammed in there together. Nice builds though.

AZLineman

Adjusting to retired life
Reaction score
Cool House but whenever the Island is built out and if there is still only 1 bridge in and out it’s going to be a traffic cluster bomb! Personally for that kinda scratch I would be looking up in the foothills or riviera.
The preserve would be my choice. Somewhr off Jamaica sec.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score

Truth. It is like living on Balboa island, you have to leave for just about everything.. over the bridge.

Neat, but not for me.

TCHB

Reaction score
I never understand why people like it out there. It is ugly with dirt fields, no trees, limited lake views and a traffic on the weekends.

SnoC653

Reaction score
I realize that Location is what drives the housing prices, but not being in a big city anymore, I can't help but think what that 1.7 mil would buy out here in the mid-west. It is a very nice house, but listening to the neighbors farting or whatever you hear neighbors that close do, would drive me crazy.

DC-88

Reaction score
I think it looks nice, and have always liked the Spanish/ Med/ early Ca/ old L.A. look that you see elements of in Mexico, Spain, Italy, Columbia etc. Getting tired of building the modern pseudo-masculine stuff we’ve been working on for the last 8 years although it can look good as well-

traquer

Reaction score
Love the classic + modern combination. River Dave (and the homeowner) knows what good style is!

copterzach

Reaction score
I realize that Location is what drives the housing prices, but not being in a big city anymore, I can't help but think what that 1.7 mil would buy out here in the mid-west. It is a very nice house, but listening to the neighbors farting or whatever you hear neighbors that close do, would drive me crazy.

I have 300 acres I would sell. New exterior fence, water well, underground electric, highway frontage and 10 miles from town. All brush cleared. Big mesquites and a few live oaks.

79 HUSTLER

Reaction score
I have 300 acres I would sell. New exterior fence, water well, underground electric, highway frontage and 10 miles from town. All brush cleared. Big mesquites and a few live oaks.

Sounds great except the HWY frontage part.

PlanB

Reaction score
The problem with the island is it's a dust bowl. Off road traffic and winds out of the west are constantly blowing dirt across everything. I thought having a house there would be great, but every time I look at the island from my backyard there is a brown haze over it. I have to use a leaf blower to blow off the cover on my boat that lives in the Marina. No thanks...

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score

And where is this lot you speak of?

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
This house is, no doubt, outstanding. But, like others here, I'm not a fan of having your neighbors living on top of you. A comparison was made to Balboa Island. As was once similarly said, I've been to Balboa Island, Havasu you're no Balboa Island. Lol. Cinder block walls in the desert? Not a fan. Wrought iron provides openness and at least a chance at some breeze. If cinder bock is needed for privacy, then you're built too close to your neighbors.

PlanB

Reaction score
This house is, no doubt, outstanding. But, like others here, I'm not a fan of having your neighbors living on top of you. A comparison was made to Balboa Island. As was once similarly said, I've been to Balboa Island, Havasu you're no Balboa Island. Lol. Cinder block walls in the desert? Not a fan. Wrought iron provides openness and at least a chance at some breeze. If cinder bock is needed for privacy, then you're built too close to your neighbors.

Block keeps animals out of your yard. I have block with wrought iron on top and wrought iron gates. I don't get weird animals, including snakes in my yard.

2Driver

Reaction score
I think you need to look at like a condo/townhouse with more room. No worries, lock and leave with a nice garage.
The kitchen great room set up is really nice. Also nice to see some colors coming back. The white on white on ash grey on chrome is too void for me. Only risk would be lousy neighbors or yappy dogs.

nameisbond

Reaction score
Like the house. But I'm on 1.4 acres now. House in is in the middle and neighbors are not close. Don't like close neighbors and love my current set up.

copterzach

Reaction score
South of George West, Tx

Magic2K10

Reaction score
Everyone on Island should be banned from the bertos fast food, way to close for beans.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I never understand why people like it out there. It is ugly with dirt fields, no trees, limited lake views and a traffic on the weekends.

like I said it isn’t for me, but you’d be surprised at how many clients come off this website that solely want to look at the island. I asked a couple of them what’s the deal, and they enjoyed golf carts to the restaurants/ the boat house etc..

Living here I would go up on the hill.. or the riviera as that materializes.. but it made sense when they said it. For a weekend house it could be fun.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
House looks nice vs. most of the places I see in Havasu. $1.7MM though…damn

the prices in Havasu have officially passed SoCal. My mom has a pretty bad ass house in La Costa (high rent district of Carlsbad). I was always telling her to sell and buy an equal house out here and a rental for income. Pricing stuff now she couldn’t even replace what she has in Havasu anymore.. let alone the second house for income.

honestly as we rub out of land it’s only going to go up. Things will correct somewhat, but I think most other places are gonna get hit worse.

Xtrmwakeboarder

Reaction score
the prices in Havasu have officially passed SoCal. My mom has a pretty bad ass house in La Costa (high rent district of Carlsbad). I was always telling her to sell and buy an equal house out here and a rental for income. Pricing stuff now she couldn’t even replace what she has in Havasu anymore.. let alone the second house for income.

honestly as we rub out of land it’s only going to go up. Things will correct somewhat, but I think most other places are gonna get hit worse.
My uncle lives in La Costa as well, and I don't think his house is worth $1.7MM. Shoot, I could get a pretty nice house in Coto, Ladera, HB, Laguna Hills etc. for $1.7MM and not live in the middle of the desert.