This is getting ridiculous

Richard.E

Reaction score
What's next? apple pie is racist too? [emoji23]
IMG_4250.jpg

Old Texan

Honorary Warden #377 Emeritus - R.I.P.
Reaction score
Racism and baseball have become quite similar, they're both games people play.......

Baseball broke the color barrier and unlike society, race was no longer an issue.....Until the dregs and elitists of society try and make it an issue again.:(

Waffles

Banned
Reaction score
Explain please, I didn't really put much thought into it.
Considering Boston's reputation on racism...im gonna go with that racism is ok and should be/is normalized again due to it being part of American history(baseball=America's pastime).....

I know I know fake news, liberal stunts, etc etc

JD D05

Reaction score
Considering Boston's reputation on racism...im gonna go with that racism is ok and should be/is normalized again due to it being part of American history(baseball=America's pastime).....

Ok gotcha. I have a little different view on racism myself.

Meaney77

Reaction score

Over analyze much?

Old Texan

Reaction score

I've lived in the south (GA, FL, TX) and north (MI) and am of the opinion, racism is more of a factor in the north. I've never been to Boston but from what I've read through the years, it has a heavy racist reputation.

The statue deal has led me to believe few of the protesting groups and members really know true civil war history. Northern states gave lip service to slavery being wrong, but actually really didn't give a shit since the only effects it had on them were economics between the regions. Northern jobs were overall more technical and paid decent wages so were filled by white folks. Southern states were fueled by agriculture and jobs were more menial and would have been low waged without slavery.

Blaming slavery strictly on the south is complete nonsense. Especially if consideration is taken as to northern merchants being the prime slave traders. James DeWolf of RI amassed a fortune bringing in slaves primarily through northern ports in addition to southern ports like Charleston, SC and Savannah, GA.

Racism lives due to ignorance more than any one thing. And today we have elitists and others trying to change history without even understanding history. If not they'd be chasing monuments to names like DeWolf and Brown who were the real connections and purveyors of slavery.

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
Didn't Adam Jones get called the n word and had peanuts thrown at him? [emoji848]

Yes. The fan and about 60 others were ejected that day. Jones got a standing ovation the next day when he came up to bat in Boston.

Richard.E

Reaction score
I don't think you understand the context of that banner lol

Are you referring to Boston owner Thomas Yawkey not letting African American players on his team until 12 years after Jackie Robinson made his debut with the dodgers?

There's only 62 African Americans currently on mlb rosters. So calling out this injustice does little to solve any issues facing the black community today. If anything... it just continues to divide our society more.

40 people were shot in Chicago last weekend... imagine if these SJW's actually wanted to make a change and decided to solve the issues of violence and poverty in the inner cities.

Seems like a far better use of effort/resources than demonstrating and protesting statues or "racist" historical figures that have been dead for 50 years.

But you know... always revert back to a narrative that evokes an emotional response.

Waffles

Banned
Reaction score
Are you referring to Boston owner Thomas Yawkey not letting African American players on his team until 12 years after Jackie Robinson made his debut with the dodgers?

There's only 62 African Americans currently on mlb rosters. So calling out this injustice does little to solve any issues facing the black community today. If anything... it just continues to divide our society more.

40 people were shot in Chicago last weekend... imagine if these SJW's actually wanted to make a change and decided to solve the issues of violence and poverty in the inner cities.

Seems like a far better use of effort/resources than demonstrating and protesting statues or "racist" historical figures that have been dead for 50 years.

But you know... always revert back to a narrative that evokes an emotional response.
Lmao what?! Your initial post made it seem like they were calling baseball racist when the context didn't actually mean that. It was poorly written but it reads as an analogy that compares the two.

Richard.E

Reaction score
Lmao what?! Your initial post made it seem like they were calling baseball racist when the context didn't actually mean that. It was poorly written but it reads as an analogy that compares the two.

They are calling the city of Boston and the legacy of the former team owner racist was the way I interpreted it.

Now the big movement is for current team owner John Henry to rename Yawkey Way ( the street in front of Fenway Park) so the organization can distance themselves from the racial injustice he allowed in those 12 years he wouldn't allow an African American on his mlb roster.

Just another phase of the overall idea to remove history that offends certain groups while not accomplishing any actual change to our society.

Old Texan

Reaction score

What is so ridiculous to me is how blacks are complaining about less blacks in MLB without trying to determine why. Teams are color blind when it comes to talent, but they won't consider that fact. I listened to a panel on ESPN discuss the topic and even black journalists attribute the decline in numbers to many black players choosing to play basketball or football, by their own choice.

Of course the debate went sideways at points when some blamed the lack of participation on there not being enough fields and leagues for inner city youth causing them to play the other sports. One lady on the panel even made a comment later on the NBA plotting against blacks by signing "white" European players to up the % of whites in basketball.:rolleyes With that kind of thinking it's not possible to overcome the bias in the thought process.