WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

This kid can use some cheer

Gramps

Older Member
Reaction score
This kid lives in the town I just went to work for. I'm try to get some help for him and his mom... if you can please send a card

Stacy Mitchell

Most of you know this cute little soup sandwich. This is Corbin and he has been through a lot in his lifetime. He was almost 2 years old before I was able to bring him home from the hospital. I was told I wouldn't have more than 48 hours with him, and if by miracle he did live, he would be in a vegetative state his entire life. Corbin makes his own rules. Almost 14 years later and he's still here, an angel on earth who cusses a little. He always has a smile on his face, always.
Corb has had many surgeries, casts, and painful injections in order to live and walk.
There is a point here, promise. He has another surgery coming up on Wed. This one is breaking my heart. We will be in the hospital for about 5 days. He finally learned how to walk but this surgery is needed for him to continue walking. They are going to cut and rotate his femur bones and many leg/hip muscles. He is going to be in casts and unable to put ANY weight on his legs for 5 to 8 weeks. For those of you who know this sweet boy it's going to be super hard for him as he is super social. He weighs 100 lbs so I'll be needing to eat my vitamins.
While he is stuck in bed during those weeks I was hoping some of you fine folks or your kiddos would send him a card. He can't read but he is all about opening things and I can read them to him. I would never normally ask but it's killing my heart to have him stuck in bed and I think it will really give him something to look forward to.
Thank you!
PO Box 535
Enterprise, UT 84725

240400379_10223050679609737_327379041708039783_n.jpg

RodnJen

Reaction score
I have a couple friends who have written books during “stay at home”, done.

ElAzul

Well-Known RDP Inmate #211
Reaction score
Another idea... maybe get him an email address?? Lots of cool ways to send personalized stuff and have the best of both worlds.

Also what's he into? Movies, after surgery friendly toys, shows, superheroes, or??? Sounds like he needs some entertainment to help the downtime

wet hull

Reaction score
I will be sending 1 tomorrow. Cant imagine this boys life.

DLC

Reaction score
You got it!

seems easy! To brighten a young mans day!

DLC

Reaction score
Is there anything he likes to play with be entertained by??

legos what age range
hot wheels cars
nerf guns??

man bed ridden for 6-8 weeks at that age is like torture….

rrrr

Reaction score
Poor kid. He has already endured a lifetime of suffering, and his upcoming surgery will be terribly painful.

Anytime a bone is cut or opened, the pain generated is not the same as if it had been fractured. It's much worse. Imagine having both of your femurs broken, actually shattered.

Corbin will initially be given large doses of opioids to control the pain, and will develop a physiological as well as psychological dependence on the drugs. It will be another huge challenge in a life that has already experienced too many of them.

We take our health for granted, without a thought of the struggles those who aren't as fortunate face day after day. My own issues pale in comparison to this young man's fight. My heart breaks for him.

May God watch over him and heal his body quickly.

😟

Gramps

Older Member
Reaction score
UPDATE SURGERY OFF NOW BACK ON!!

Whoa...what an emotional roller coaster day. Picked up Corb from school and got emotional thinking it will be the last time he walks out of his school for a long time. Drove 5 hours to Salt Lake, stopped in fillmore and tried calling to see what time we were supposed to check in tomorrow, they said call back after 4.
Got to Salt Lake checked into the hotel at 5 and called Shriners, got transferred a million times and finally someone had the nerve to tell me surgery was canceled! "No one called you?!"
You mean the dietician, the several nurses, the social worker, the financial advisor, the pre op nurse, the people I talked to in fillmore, the covid people, or any of the other people I talked to every single day for weeks, sometimes twice a day? Did any of those people call me?
Apparently the anesthesiologist took one look at Corbin's chart and because of all of his health conditions didn't feel comfortable working on him. Huh? My little hot mess.
Dang, if only his mother had gone over his medical history twice and made sure the children's hospital was staffed with people who were comfortable. That poor woman. It wasn't her fault. She said I'm going to call the surgeon and we will have to reschedule him at Primary Children's, months down the road...
I was sick and emotional thinking of everything that went into planning this, all the people who came together to make this possible.
10 minutes later the same nurse called me back saying "don't go home! Don't cancel anything!"
Apparently the surgeon (it's unclear whether he was told it was canceled) said well since my day is free because I thought I would be operating at Shriner's. I'll just do it at Primary Children's. So....we are back on! We need to do another c0vid test, and 900 other things to prove we are allowed to enter their majestic kingdom. But it is a go.
Holy crap. Jaymi Carver take your Voodoo hex back.
Serious note, there were a lot of people who busted their humps to get us transferred over to Primary's and get us in next day. IYKYK that never happens.
Thanks to Erin Jones McLeod 's hubby who never Facebooks and Ben Cope for the amazing blessing. And BIG shout out to ALL of those people who have helped us with rooms, financially, spiritually, with kids, dogs, mail, packages, and with our nerves. We are surrounded by the most amazing tribe, even if many are complete strangers.
I've cried a lot with stress, heartache, worry, but most of all tremendous gratitude. Thank you all, you know who you are.
❤
We love you!

Gramps

Older Member
Reaction score
Here is the update his mom posted last night around midnight.

This little boy is the strongest boy I know. In a 3 hour surgery, he's had both femurs cut and rotated, plates put in both legs by his hips, and muscles cut. All to walk. He has a pain epidural, and a catheter. He won't be able to put any weight on his legs for 5 weeks. He is so uncomfortable. He started crying when he saw me and he never cries. I lost it. This is going to be so hard. He kept begging me to take it off and "please fix it, Mama". He finally got comfortable and fell asleep. This is so much more than any child should have to endure. He is so loved. Thank you all for your calls, messages, and well wishes.

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
Consider it done.

What a brave little guy, I can’t imagine…chopping onions over here.

Prayers headed his way for a speedy recovery.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
Guys if you’re pressed for time, there are online sites that will mail physical cards to people, and you can customize the messages as well.

It’s just a few bucks.

I used www.postable.com/cards

Gramps it’s got my real name plus P*Star
Don’t think mom wants him getting mail from Pronstar’s [emoji854]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:

DLC

Reaction score
I just got 3 cards on my way home from work today!
I’ll fill em out and in the mail !!!

it would be great to have a BIG OL PILE of mail waiting for Corb when he gets home from the hospital!!

Last edited:

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Gramps life just got in the way abd I missed my timeline for Friday. I was going to put him a little rdp care package together and send it out. I’m sure the girls can guess but do you know what size shirt he wears?

Gramps

Older Member
Reaction score
Gramps life just got in the way abd I missed my timeline for Friday. I was going to put him a little rdp care package together and send it out. I’m sure the girls can guess but do you know what size shirt he wears?
not sure but I'll check

TITTIES AND BEER

Honorary RDP Inmate #160 Emeritus - R.I.P. Mark 😢
Reaction score
Let me see what we can do 😉hospital or home ?

Gramps

Older Member
Reaction score
kids xl or mens small

Reactions: DLC

DLC

Reaction score
@Gramps

any ideas on toys - legos, hot wheels, nerf guns, rubix cube… games, coloring, drawing???

he has to get some goodies for all that bed time…..

super easy to click on target or Walmart or Amazon and send him some happiness for a few hrs…

DLC

Reaction score
Almost forgot the most important thing….. how is he & Mom doing ?

Surgery go well?

Gramps

Older Member
Reaction score
@Gramps

any ideas on toys - legos, hot wheels, nerf guns, rubix cube… games, coloring, drawing???

he has to get some goodies for all that bed time…..

super easy to click on target or Walmart or Amazon and send him some happiness for a few hrs…
no idea but I know he like to hear his mom read to him.....I'm told surgery went well

His mom sent this to me...

He gets excited about any and everything. He loves light up stuff. Cognitively he is very young so he would be excited about socks.

Last edited:

Gramps

Older Member
Reaction score
here is the report from his mom earlier tonight. I'm checking on toys and stuff

We just got home! It went really good! Well.as good as it could have. We were going to have to be there 5 days and we bailed tonight.
🤣
long road ahead. No weight in his legs for 5 weeks. He wears an XL youth or men's small. Thanks for checking in.

Gramps

Older Member
Reaction score
posted about a hour ago
That was a crazy adventure getting home. Stopping on the side of the road and parking lots to readjust, give pain meds, and pee in a jug. Corb did so good. We get home and he stretched and said "well, that was fun."
🤣
we came home to banners, signs, balloons, dinner, and a whole bunch of packages and cards. I am in tears at everyone's generosity, Corb was so excited to crack open some cards. Estella patiently read every single one to him. It's going to be a long night with round the clock meds, and an even longer 5 weeks trying to keep him off his legs. Thank you everyone for the messages, phone calls, meals, and just being awesome! We love you all. Corb says "Thanks Dawg!"

240887079_10223085944211330_1772560935986022218_n.jpg

Desert Whaler

Reaction score
Hey @Gramps . . . not sure if he'd like this, but I still have some t-shirts in orig. packaging from when I ran bass fishing tournaments in the saltwater. They were 'event shirts' so each one is pretty cool and unique and we had various people do the art, tattooo artists, painters, graphic designers, etc. I think I have some in his size if you think that'd be something to put a smile on his face. They're still in the OG plastic packaging. Let me know & I'll fire of a little care package.

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
Good to hear things worked out sounds like a crazy adventure. Like Corbin said......FUN!!!! Grabbed a few cards that we will be sending out over the weekend. Also will find a few fun things when we are back in Hawaii next week.

Gramps

Older Member
Reaction score
Hey @Gramps . . . not sure if he'd like this, but I still have some t-shirts in orig. packaging from when I ran bass fishing tournaments in the saltwater. They were 'event shirts' so each one is pretty cool and unique and we had various people do the art, tattooo artists, painters, graphic designers, etc. I think I have some in his size if you think that'd be something to put a smile on his face. They're still in the OG plastic packaging. Let me know & I'll fire of a little care package.
that would be GREAT!!!!!

Gramps

Older Member
Reaction score
I just got the OK to give out the address

Stacy Mitchell/Corbin Mitchell
154 E. 100 S.
Enterprise, Utah 84725

Gramps

Older Member
Reaction score
From what ? RIP young man 🙁
No details yet, here is her post this morning.

Yesterday our lives were turned upside down. Our son Skiler passed away unexpectedly. To say were are devasted is an understatement. Having to sit down with Duke, Estella, and Corbin to tell them their brother is gone was the hardest thing ever. Thank you so much for all those who dropped everything when I called sobbing to come and sit with Corb and make sure he didn't fall out of bed, and pray with us while we tried to make sense of it all. By this picture you can see how much these guys adored him. Corb has been obsessed with him since the day they met, and Duke and Estella think he's a human jungle gym. Skiler is with his brother Gunner and Aunt Brandie now. We will miss your incredible hugs, Skiler.