WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

This Memorial Day - Honoring the Men & Women who made the ultimate sacrifice

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
On Monday Americans around the world honor the men and women who made the ultimate sacrifice dying while serving in our U.S. military.

We remember and honor them and their families while we all must do our part by keeping the USA free and strong in the face of those who would do our country harm.

God Bless America!

#memorialday #godblessamerica #veterans

skiracr

Catalina Ski Race, Boat # 222
Reaction score
Although I have always appreciated Memorial, the 4th, and Veterans day and what they stand for... It wasn't till I was older I truly understand the magnitude of what these holidays were representing. It almost seemed like when I was younger, I took these holidays for granted. The sacrifices that have been made for this country are not comprehendible, and it makes me sick that people exploit it and use it for political gain.

To all our fallen heros, may you rest in peace and may God have mercy on your souls. To the families of the fallen, may God grant you peace in your hearts.

ridebig

Reaction score
I truly appreciate this holiday. My dad was in The Second World War on both a submarine and destroyer. He didn’t talk much about his time in the service. He did tell me late in his life just before he was discharged he was a gunner on a destroyer. Two weeks after he went home a good friend was killed when a komakasi (spelling?) hit his station. Life can change in a second. God bless those who gave some and those who gave all.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Although I have always appreciated Memorial, the 4th, and Veterans day and what they stand for... It wasn't till I was older I truly understand the magnitude of what these holidays were representing. It almost seemed like when I was younger, I took these holidays for granted. The sacrifices that have been made for this country are not comprehendible, and it makes me sick that people exploit it and use it for political gain.

To all our fallen heros, may you rest in peace and may God have mercy on your souls. To the families of the fallen, may God grant you peace in your hearts.

Outstanding post.

Sleek-Jet

Reaction score
I had a Great-Uncle killed in WWII, in the closing days of the war. He was an armorer in the 3rd Armored Division and died in the last day of the battle of Dessau, literally the final day of the final battle the division participated in WWII. This devastated my Aunt, she carried that pain till the end of her life.

The Bixby letter has always said what I can't about the holiday and the loss of life protecting our liberties.

Executive Mansion,
Washington, Nov. 21, 1864.

Dear Madam,--

I have been shown in the files of the War Department a statement of the Adjutant General of Massachusetts that you are the mother of five sons who have died gloriously on the field of battle.

I feel how weak and fruitless must be any word of mine which should attempt to beguile you from the grief of a loss so overwhelming. But I cannot refrain from tendering you the consolation that may be found in the thanks of the Republic they died to save.

I pray that our Heavenly Father may assuage the anguish of your bereavement, and leave you only the cherished memory of the loved and lost, and the solemn pride that must be yours to have laid so costly a sacrifice upon the altar of freedom.

Yours, very sincerely and respectfully,

A. Lincoln

Last edited: