WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

This thing should have a warning sticker

enemy

Reaction score
Man what a nightmare. They should seriously have something on the outside of this thing like are you really really really sure you want to open this thing? Springs and ball bearings flying and falling out of this thing. Somehow found the last ball bearing that rolled down the driveway and into the street and managed to figure out where it all went. Not how I planned to spend my Friday evening lol.
IMG_3142.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shlbyntro

Ultra Conservative
Reaction score
Man what a nightmare. They should seriously have something on the outside of this thing like are you really really really sure you want to open this thing? Springs and ball bearings flying and falling out of this thing. Somehow found the last ball bearing that rolled down the driveway and into the street and managed to figure out where it all went. Not how I planned to spend my Friday evening lol. View attachment 897788

Awe common, it could t have been that bad.... 😂

LHC Kirby

LifeTime Member
Reaction score
We need more pictures..... I hate it when I open something and shit falls out.... it's like Where does this little f'ker go ?

Rajobigguy

Reaction score
Man what a nightmare. They should seriously have something on the outside of this thing like are you really really really sure you want to open this thing? Springs and ball bearings flying and falling out of this thing. Somehow found the last ball bearing that rolled down the driveway and into the street and managed to figure out where it all went. Not how I planned to spend my Friday evening lol. View attachment 897788

The problem with putting warning stickers on things that suggest it's not a good idea to take it apart is that there is always a bunch of guys like me that take that as challenge and absolutely have to dismantle it just because I was warned not to (even if there is nothing wrong with it to begin with).

Ragged Edge

Man in the Box
Reaction score

🤣🤣 Sorry to laugh but I feel your pain. Been there done that with a similar shifter.

WYRD

Reaction score
i hate anything with a "jesus spring". you know, one that goes flying out of nowhere and just leaves you saying jesus where does / did that go?
Too funny I have always called em shit screws for the same reason

enemy

Reaction score
Lol some funny stuff here glad you guys found it humorous. It worked out ok I like working on things so enjoyed the challenge of figuring it all out. The real pain was finding the ball bearing. I brought it out of the truck when I realized I just screwed the pooch and laid it on the tailgate when the last ball bearing rolled down and dropped on the driveway. Saw it headed downhill fast and it was gone by the time I ran to the front. Somehow I found two other ball bearings in the street before I found the right one. I wish I would of had a big ass magnet to just sweep the ground with lol

boatdoc55

Rest Easy Retired Boat Mechanic 😢🚤
Reaction score
Them SOB's take off like alien spaceships in route to Pluto. About 25 years ago I got pissed and went down to Mcfadden Dale and bought 5 of every one they had that looked like I'd seen before on carbs and shift boxes.. Still have a parts bin with what's left in it.

sirbob

Reaction score
I figure changing a crack screen on my phone couldn’t be that hard. Heck they do it at the mall everyday...

Ended up throwing that IPhone 6 away after I spent the better part of the day on it!