WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

This week can suck it

CLdrinker

Reaction score
Started off Monday with the news that we lost a team member at work to covid. Guy has had my back since 2012. Wealth of knowledge always willing to help.

Filled in for my direct report and the guy that passed away all week. Did a fantastic job. Direct report comes back from vacation and nit pics the most minute issue I missed picking up the deceased work load.

Take on 1.6 million of the xtra work
To help the team. Not even a thank you from the manager.

Busted my ass all week to step up to help out. And I’m still just another guy on the payroll.

Cheers
F643F34E-030F-4FE0-8722-659F74BA1571.jpeg

DarkHorseRacing

Reaction score
Welcome to the world of managers. They cant praise one employee if they cant praise them all so they dont feel like they are giving someone special treatment.

Karma's a bitch, they'll get theirs. You know you did a good job and so does everyone else so it wasnt un-noticed and I'm sure if the manager whines to someone they might get shut down by someone defending you (hopefully).

Enjoy the weekend!

HBCraig

Reaction score
Started off Monday with the news that we lost a team member at work to covid. Guy has had my back since 2012. Wealth of knowledge always willing to help.

Filled in for my direct report and the guy that passed away all week. Did a fantastic job. Direct report comes back from vacation and nit pics the most minute issue I missed picking up the deceased work load.

Busted my ass all week to step up to help out. And I’m still just another guy on the payroll.

Cheers
View attachment 1083509
In my opinion, if he doesn't change his tune soon he is not the guy to work for. If he can't appreciate your effort he is merely posturing to micro manage the hell out of you

Desert Whaler

Reaction score
Hang in there from the tough stretch . . . sorry about your colleague . . . FWIW, that's a cool fire set-up and the cold coozie'd CL looks proper.
Cheers. 🤙

Xring01

Reaction score
There are a few ways to look at this.
FIrst is the Manager is feeling a bit overwhelmed due to the loss, and not putting your efforts into perspective. If he hasnt changed his tune by Monday, then you probably can assume you have a micromanager who doesnt care about his team.

But thats my opinion.

Flyinbowtie

Reaction score
BLDrinker I am sorry to hear of your loss, this shit is unrelenting. I would feel exactly the same way regarding your work situation.
When people step up and pull harder it moves the whole show down the road better, and you did that. Nit picking your effort without acknowledging the big picture is chickenshit and not good leadership.
Take the weekend and think it through, would be my advice. Right now the loss of your friend is still hurting you, and if you want to say something (and it sounds like you do) formulating that plan right now, while you are hurting, might not be the best move.
Give it a bit, let the wake settle, think about it clearly, and then make a choice about bringing it up.
If nothing else, you know where you stand with these folks, either they are piss poor leaders or the pressure on them is extroardinary as well, but the latter doesn't forgive the former.

CLdrinker

Reaction score
In my opinion, if he doesn't change his tune soon he is not the guy to work for. If he can't appreciate your effort he is merely posturing to micro manage the hell out of you
I don’t get a choice on who my direct report that is.
I had have to get a different position to get away from him.

CLdrinker

Reaction score
BLDrinker I am sorry to hear of your loss, this shit is unrelenting. I would feel exactly the same way regarding your work situation.
When people step up and pull harder it moves the whole show down the road better, and you did that. Nit picking your effort without acknowledging the big picture is chickenshit and not good leadership.
Take the weekend and think it through, would be my advice. Right now the loss of your friend is still hurting you, and if you want to say something (and it sounds like you do) formulating that plan right now, while you are hurting, might not be the best move.
Give it a bit, let the wake settle, think about it clearly, and then make a choice about bringing it up.
If nothing else, you know where you stand with these folks, either they are piss poor leaders or the pressure on them is extroardinary as well, but the latter doesn't forgive the former.
The company is way to big for my opinion to ever mean shit.

Shut up and plug along is my option.

Nordie

Reaction score
Man I feel you about this week, my coping mechanism this week has been way too much beer.

I hope everything works out for the best, and I am sorry for your loss. We also lost a team member one of our ham radio guys that hosted nets all of the time. When covid began I knew he had no business ever catching it.

TomD

Breathing Member
Reaction score
I agree with Flyinbowtie, give it a little time see how it pans out for a bit. Perhaps the higher ups will see around him and promote you. If nothing happens then the best time to look for a job is when you have one.

Shlbyntro

Ultra Conservative
Reaction score
I feel you on your first post and this post. All I do is put my head down and do my thing. A wise man once told me cream always rises to the top. I’m a firm believer

but also, shit floats.

If there's anything I learned in the last year. If you're in a bad spot, get out. period. It'll tear you apart inside and trickle through all parts of your life. I did a lot of damage to my personal life that was due to the stress I was carrying from from my professional life, not even knowing at the time. I tried to fight it through at my old spot for way too long and didn't realize how unhappy I was all that time until I finally got out. I have something great going now that just happened organically, all I had to do was open the so-called door of opportunity.

I do agree with what was said above though. Let everything settle over the weekend and see how you feel Monday before making any decisions. Sorry for the loss of your friend.

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
but also, shit floats.

If there's anything I learned in the last year. If you're in a bad spot, get out. period. It'll tear you apart inside and trickle through all parts of your life. I did a lot of damage to my personal life that was due to the stress I was carrying from from my professional life, not even knowing at the time. I tried to fight it through at my old spot for way too long and didn't realize how unhappy I was all that time until I finally got out. I have something great going now that just happened organically, all I had to do was open the so-called door of opportunity.

I do agree with what was said above though. Let everything settle over the weekend and see how you feel Monday before making any decisions. Sorry for the loss of your friend.
Yes it most certainly does.

530RL

Reaction score
You are clearly a very smart and articulate individual who understands his business, has relations with the customers and knows how to deliver results.

Start planning now on how to start your own shop. Start planning now on how to compete with your employer as well as the competitors to deliver a better result faster, cheaper and on time.

The American dream is to grow and achieve all anyone is capable of achieving. Don’t sell yourself short or think you can not have your own shop.

CLdrinker

Reaction score
You are clearly a very smart and articulate individual who understands his business, has relations with the customers and knows how to deliver results.

Start planning now on how to start your own shop. Start planning now on how to compete with your employer as well as the competitors to deliver a better result faster, cheaper and on time.

The American dream is to grow and achieve all anyone is capable of achieving. Don’t sell yourself short or think you can not have your own shop.

I work for a major utility. I used to be a subcontractor. So I have been on both sides of the fence. Grass is greener where I’m at. Just comes with allot of bullshit.

I just needed to vent like a little *****.
I will be back to kicking ass Monday, just a bit wiser.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Can’t ya just have an honest conversation with the guy?

WYRD

Reaction score
Remember to look at it from all angles possible. He lost a coworker as well and what might seem like something minor to you may be something more important to him. Try cutting him some slack.

CLdrinker

Reaction score
Can’t ya just have an honest conversation with the guy?
Haha grouchy old crotchety man has never been wrong in his life. More to loose than gain in that conversation. He approves my work orders so he can make my life hell rather easily.

Havasu blue label

Reaction score
Works is always tough relax this weekend and next week do what you do best someone is watching your work ethic have a great weekend

Dan Lorenze

Reaction score

Cheers
View attachment 1083509

Stay on course.. Your hard work and dedication will pay off.