WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

This weeks feature boat Schiada SR22 -1700 hp

sintax

Reaction score
no question... one of the baddest out there.

beautiful machine

Nordie

Reaction score
When I used to boat at Mead it seemed it was always being launched around the same time as us on Saturday mornings. Such a beautiful boat.

CLdrinker

Reaction score
120mph club. Dam how much power does that thing make?

PaPaG

Reaction score
WOW.....great looking boat, even more impressive HP and speed...

SJP

WHTBRD
Reaction score
That is a very nice boat. Appreciate the video.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
What’s up with the audio mixing on this video.

Yeah it wasn’t the greatest.. I was gonna talk to Michael about that and see if we can’t get an extended version as well later.. with a write up.

He’s balls deep in LOTO content and Eliminator content right now.

Tommy Gun Images

Media Lackey
Staff member
Reaction score
Linder’s boat will always be a favorite of mine!

75A7AFBC-09D4-45D3-B9FD-F00682BB2192.jpeg

farmo83

Reaction score
So it's own mold or lee cut down a 24 etc ?

Agree info on the hull would be cool.

Nanu/Nanu

Don't wait til' life's easy to be happy
Reaction score
Sweet boat! Thanks for the video RDP Media!

Roosky01

Reaction score
Sweet Jesus. That thing is pure awesomeness. 😎

Howardflat

Bad MFer
Reaction score
Been in Linder's boat a few times. Such a awesome boat. Steve's wife is a hell of a skier, and looks good doing it too.

BamBam

Reaction score
Can you share some of the bottom work? Blueprinting of the “stock” bottom, or changes to strake dimensions and location or ?
I know there was a "Shallow Entry" insert in the mold for this one to reduce the bow steer. With that the whole bottom was done. Usually it's just the rear 1/3 of the bottom but this one is done front to back. The insert was used in other 24's, but I'm pretty sure it was created for this boat. I don't think the strakes were moved but Linder or Racey could answer that

Full Pull

Reaction score
I know there...

Thanks.

I recall one of Linder’s posts that the boat has no turn fin.

Do most v-drive 24s have a turn fin?

Curious the difference in ride between the SR22 (v) and the delta pad 24 Paul has for sale.

AZLineman

Adjusting to retired life
Reaction score
I love it. Sure like the simple Racepak monitor with a big ole gps speedo unless im wrong.

SBMech

Fixes Broken Stuff
Reaction score
Well technically it's a SR22 model, the only one in existence 😋

HIN is coded as it's own model, not a 24. It has extensive bottom work done to it.

Wow it's got a huge draft compared to the 21's and others close to that size, it's looks like a 24' to me! Thanks for the inside info Racey!

Racey

Maxwell Smart-Ass
Reaction score
I know there was a "Shallow Entry" insert in the mold for this one to reduce the bow steer. With that the whole bottom was done. Usually it's just the rear 1/3 of the bottom but this one is done front to back. The insert was used in other 24's, but I'm pretty sure it was created for this boat. I don't think the strakes were moved but Linder or Racey could answer that

Correct, Boat was taken straight from Schiada to Brummett's flipped and then the bottom was worked. Then my father rigged it for ski racing at Arrowhead, It was outlawed before it could even race. It sat with about 15 hours on the boat for a few years and Linder bought it and that's when it was converted to full interior.

Originally boat had the 1st generation Brummett Gentry EFI setup, made about 1,400hp, Then over the years Linder has had the thing tuned up by Brummett a few times for more power, Last time around it got the new style Brummett exhaust manifolds.

Boat is scary fast, and very well handling.

FlatBottomGuy

Reaction score
Correct, Boat was taken straight from Schiada to Brummett's flipped and then the bottom was worked. Then my father rigged it for ski racing at Arrowhead, It was outlawed before it could even race. It sat with about 15 hours on the boat for a few years and Linder bought it and that's when it was converted to full interior.

Originally boat had the 1st generation Brummett Gentry EFI setup, made about 1,400hp, Then over the years Linder has had the thing tuned up by Brummett a few times for more power, Last time around it got the new style Brummett exhaust manifolds.

Boat is scary fast, and very well handling.

I remember seeing pictures of it in race trim...loved it even more then. What was the reasons for outlawing it? That boat would of been tough to beat on Arrowhead.

BamBam

Reaction score
I remember seeing pictures of it in race trim...loved it even more then. What was the reasons for outlawing it? That boat would of been tough to beat on Arrowhead.
Here is my understanding of it... The length limit is 22' up there (Arrowhead) hence the name "SR22" (Ski Race 22) but it is longer than 22' and so it did not fit within the rules.

Reactions: DWC

SKIA36

Reaction score
Here is my understanding of it... The length limit is 22' up there (Arrowhead) hence the name "SR22" (Ski Race 22) but it is longer than 22' and so it did not fit within the rules.
The Arrowhead Ski Club Outlawed the 24 Schiadas (There were 5 or 6 at the time) citing that they were an "Unfair advantage" running a 90' line in rough Arrowhead afternoon racing. The officers at the time did not have one of these and selfishly Outlawed them as they knew Bob Tankliage was building the ultimate Arrowhead ski race boat. Bob and Schiada thus created a new model...the SR22 to comply with the new restrictions. The Ski Club officers voted to ban the SR22 anyway. Bob was going to sue the club and actually hired an attorney, but club members persuaded him to drop the suit as it would destroy the club. The fallout was that it was the start of the end for the club as multiple long time members were now barred from racing. A good portion of members stopped racing because of the decisions of that group of officers.

hman442

Reaction score
The board kind of "self imploded" on themselves. Not real clever in the end

Kachina26

Inmate #RDP158
Reaction score
I understand that it's built as a ski race boat. But why not design the observer seat to be turned around when not racing? Seems like it could be done without adding much if any weight. Awesome boat BTW.

SKIA36

Reaction score
I understand that it's built as a ski race boat. But why not design the observer seat to be turned around when not racing? Seems like it could be done without adding much if any weight. Awesome boat BTW.
We thought about making the passenger seat adjustable,(Shane at Racey has a phenomenal bracket), but Wifey doesnt like the wind in her face when running so it stays facing rearward.

Community

Reaction score
The Arrowhead Ski Club Outlawed the 24 Schiadas (There were 5 or 6 at the time) citing that they were an "Unfair advantage" running a 90' line in rough Arrowhead afternoon racing. The officers at the time did not have one of these and selfishly Outlawed them as they knew Bob Tankliage was building the ultimate Arrowhead ski race boat. Bob and Schiada thus created a new model...the SR22 to comply with the new restrictions. The Ski Club officers voted to ban the SR22 anyway. Bob was going to sue the club and actually hired an attorney, but club members persuaded him to drop the suit as it would destroy the club. The fallout was that it was the start of the end for the club as multiple long time members were now barred from racing. A good portion of members stopped racing because of the decisions of that group of officers.
Isnt that the reason for the 12" minimum length? So 12 to 22?

TomD

Breathing Member
Reaction score
Beautiful boat. What's the bottom like? Does it run a pad? Rounded bottom?

DarkHorseRacing

Reaction score
At this point, LAWSC is in such dire straights for membership and races, if a fleet of these showed up in Arrowhead they’d be welcomed with open arms.

Choura’s 24 Schiada (Boat 70) is currently the only 24 participating but they’ve been so hard up for boats they let a 23’ Malibu Wakesetter participate before.

SKIA36

Reaction score
Beautiful boat. What's the bottom like? Does it run a pad? Rounded bottom?
Deep V , no pad.
At this point, LAWSC is in such dire straights for membership and races, if a fleet of these showed up in Arrowhead they’d be welcomed with open arms.

Choura’s 24 Schiada (Boat 70) is currently the only 24 participating but they’ve been so hard up for boats they let a 23’ Malibu Wakesetter participate before.
Yessir!

FlatBottomGuy

Reaction score
Once used to the seat being backwards its actually pretty nice...it makes the boat feel like it has more room IMO.