WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

This will start a few rumors.. Lol

VoodooMedMan

Inmate #446
Reaction score
I've never been to Parker [emoji16]

You have to experience it. But you are talking big dang vacation homes not only directly on the water but back into "keys" so no direct chop from the main river channel. Also Parker is a party destination with all the waterfront bars and restaurants etc etc that the rest of the river really doesn't have. There is a reason the house is getting listed for 700 grand and got 47k in rentals last year.

All I was saying. You can look for rentals in BHC just don't expect that kind of return. And as mentioned use a good property manager.

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
She doesn't have any other listings in Parker right now. Paul had one or two I think? This place isn't going to be hard to sell, or be on the market long. I have already had people hit me up about it just from the couple people that know we are getting ready too.

My neighbor is putting together some numbers, and there's another guy as well. I'll list it on Rdp this weekend and we will see what next week holds. It's a pretty solid deal though. It made something crazy like 47'ish thousand last year on rental income alone.

I believe the 47k
Our Needles pad has 24k in rentals on the books this year so far, most landing between April and Labor Day. Sep - Dec are still wide open and we had a lot of action for those months last year. We had to block out weekends or it would have booked up 100%

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Image1460945562.166596.jpg

boatnam2

Reaction score
Wow no more no look fly by's, good luck with the sale Dave.

yz450mm

Reaction score
I never stopped there, but have been by quite a few times... for some reason it makes me sad though?

GRADS

Phishing license is paid up to date
Reaction score
You have to experience it. But you are talking big dang vacation homes not only directly on the water but back into "keys" so no direct chop from the main river channel. Also Parker is a party destination with all the waterfront bars and restaurants etc etc that the rest of the river really doesn't have. There is a reason the house is getting listed for 700 grand and got 47k in rentals last year.

All I was saying. You can look for rentals in BHC just don't expect that kind of return. And as mentioned use a good property manager.

VoodooRentalManager.

boatnam2

Reaction score
I know your not leaving parker, its in your blood and a place your pops loved, hopefully it will work out for everyone involved and look foward to your next parker adventure.

RiverDiva

"Team RDP"
Reaction score
What percentage of the time was it rented to get that? That seems like really good occupancy rate!

That is for 166 rented nights. 62 of those nights were 2 snowbird month rentals.

There are 9 more contracts out for summer rentals already and new inquiries coming in daily. I help 2 other homeowners out with their contracts and scheduling and this house by far gets the most inquiries. Probably 5 to 1. I have zero problems filling the calendar.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I know your not leaving parker, its in your blood and a place your pops loved, hopefully it will work out for everyone involved and look foward to your next parker adventure.

What are you talking about? We are gonna come and stay with you now! :D

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I know I haven't been there in forever, but you were a great host when I was! Thanks for the good times!

Sad to hear it's up for sale. :(

You need to come around more often Harry!! You still making those high end brake rotors?

Brian

Reaction score
Jim it wouldn't surprise me if we end up
With a place somewhere in one of the parks as well. Kind of up in the air as to what we are doing.

It's a long story.

Let's hear it. Bringing in 47k a year is great for a rental and seems pretty hands off for you. Easy money so to speak...

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
Let's hear it. Bringing in 47k a year is great for a rental and seems pretty hands off for you. Easy money so to speak...

Dave has other siblings as well as a mother that might want to sell the house so they can pursue other things with the $$$.

47k a year seems like a lot of $$ until you chop it up several ways and then subtract for property tax,insurance,cleaning and maintenance....not to mention it sounds like a ton of work for Stacy.

This is a great house for entertaining I have been fortunate enough to be invited over multiple times in the past.

Good luck with the sale!!

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

Sometimes you just have to wash your hands of situations Brian to move on with your life. Given my attachment to the place and the history, it wasn't something that was taken lightly on my account. We got some internal family issues going on here, with a bleeding heart and a whole bunch of Bernie supporters if you catch my drift.

RD

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
Really sorry to hear about this Dave. I know the house has a lot of meaning to you and it being the original home base for, what is now, your passion.

Maybe if I can get that thing going up here, you'll want to get a vacation pad that is slightly different. They can be had pretty cheap (relatively) too. Lol!

MSum661

Reaction score
Dude.....Re-fi out their percentage of the cut. You can get a 30 year fixed at 3.67 right now and cover the mortgage and taxes for the year and still pocket a bunch. I wouldn't give up that easy. Your a creative smart guy....both of you can team up and do it if you really wanted to!

Think about it.

JMO.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Dude.....Re-fi out their percentage of the cut. You can get a 30 year fixed at 3.67 right now and cover the mortgage and taxes for the year and still pocket a bunch. I wouldn't give up that easy. Your a creative smart guy....both of you can team up and do it if you really wanted to!

Think about it.

JMO.

Mike to be clear I am a zero percent owner in this place. I have some vested interests via sweat equity and other typical family stuff etc. that all said I could probably swing it if I wanted too but if anything flopped then one domino would start a chain reaction type thing. I don't want to put myself in a weird financial spot over sentimental value.

That all said living here now, we aren't using it near as much as I used too. When I go down there I'm constantly changing light bulbs and taking things back and forth to Daves appliances etc. if I owned it personally I'd have to whore the thing out, which at that point, what is the point?

It's a baller pad in a baller community and while I make some dough I'm not at that level. Who knows maybe in a couple years I'll buy it back or buy another one? For right now though we do most of our boating mid week in Havasu.. Stacy and I both want to start going to Baja and traveling again. So we will see where the wind blows us before doing something big for another perm vacation spot.

Singleton

Reaction score
Sometimes you just have to wash your hands of situations Brian to move on with your life. Given my attachment to the place and the history, it wasn't something that was taken lightly on my account. We got some internal family issues going on here, with a bleeding heart and a whole bunch of Bernie supporters if you catch my drift.

RD

Family ownership is a PIA. My mom and I have decided to sell her share of the family log cabin her mothers dad (my great grandfather) built in 1913 in northern Wisconsin.
Currently my mom and her brother own it. Biggest problem is my cousins use the cabin, but don't pay shit. Since I was to get my moms share when she passes, she deferred the decision to me.
Last year my cousins did over 8k in damage and paid nothing, so my mom had to pay 4K to fix stuff another family member busted.
I offered to buy my uncle out and he refused (even when I offered him 4x what his share is worth). None of his (my uncles) kids can afford to buy my mom out all at once. We are now in creative financing (I am going to carry the note) to get one of them to buy my mom out. If he (my cousin) defaults on the note, his share of the cabin from my uncle gets allocated to me. The entire process has been the biggest PIMA and the legal bills are pissing me off as well.

So I understand the family issues with property. Wish you the best going through the process.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
This is kind of that situation.. The house is in trust to me and the rest of the family get all the other stuff type deal.

PVHCA

Reaction score
Family ownership is a PIA. My mom and I have decided to sell her share of the family log cabin her mothers dad (my great grandfather) built in 1913 in northern Wisconsin.
Currently my mom and her brother own it. Biggest problem is my cousins use the cabin, but don't pay shit. Since I was to get my moms share when she passes, she deferred the decision to me.
Last year my cousins did over 8k in damage and paid nothing, so my mom had to pay 4K to fix stuff another family member busted.
I offered to buy my uncle out and he refused (even when I offered him 4x what his share is worth). None of his (my uncles) kids can afford to buy my mom out all at once. We are now in creative financing (I am going to carry the note) to get one of them to buy my mom out. If he (my cousin) defaults on the note, his share of the cabin from my uncle gets allocated to me. The entire process has been the biggest PIMA and the legal bills are pissing me off as well.

So I understand the family issues with property. Wish you the best going through the process.

This is why my father sold our beach house, Arrowhead condo and Lake Havasu place back in the day. I was the only one that gave a shit about the places, my other siblings would never do the laundry, empty the refer, do the basics that were expected of them, firewood, etc etc. They all looked confused when he sold everything because now their free vaca's were history, oh well he'd say. When he bought his last place in Havasu I was the only one of 9 that could use it, talk about pissed off siblings, LOL

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Phil I had to deal with that shit all growing up with my brothers.. They'd come out with their friends and fucking break everything.. I mean every damn thing. Motorcycles, quads, etc.. and me and the old man would drive down to "Floyd's" (Not sure if hardly anybody here would even remember that place) and buy all the parts and I'd sit in the garage and change tires, and straighten handle bars or replace them etc.. By the time I was in my late teens / early 20's I didn't really have to deal with that shit anymore. My brother was off on a long term college deal and his partying days were pretty much over. My other brother is a whack job so that kinda sorted itself out if you know what I'm saying. That's why I have really been the only person that consistently used the house for the last 20 or so years. A year or two before my dad died, he got back into it, and I thank god everyday for those memories of us going as a family again for the few trips we got.

I could explain this whole deal out, but it basically comes down to like I said one bleeding heart and a bunch of leeches and some very bad money management (including this decision).. At the end of the day though, fuck it. I love my mom more then life itself, and if this is what she thinks is gonna make her happy, then I'll do it and get it done to the best of my abilities, even if I don't agree with it.

For my own personal deals, like I said we live here now. If I lived in California and that was the big vacation spot like it used to be, then I'd probably go all in and buy it.. As it stands now though it's 4:00 in the afternoon and if I want to go to Parker and hit Foxes, I can be there before 5:00. I will miss the keys greatly, because it's a super tight knit community with great friends that are better than family, that's about my only thought on why I'm sad seeing it go.

RD

PVHCA

Reaction score
Phil I had to deal with that shit all growing up with my brothers.. They'd come out with their friends and fucking break everything.. I mean every damn thing. Motorcycles, quads, etc.. and me and the old man would drive down to "Floyd's" (Not sure if hardly anybody here would even remember that place) and buy all the parts and I'd sit in the garage and change tires, and straighten handle bars or replace them etc.. By the time I was in my late teens / early 20's I didn't really have to deal with that shit anymore. My brother was off on a long term college deal and his partying days were pretty much over. My other brother is a whack job so that kinda sorted itself out if you know what I'm saying. That's why I have really been the only person that consistently used the house for the last 20 or so years. A year or two before my dad died, he got back into it, and I thank god everyday for those memories of us going as a family again for the few trips we got.

I could explain this whole deal out, but it basically comes down to like I said one bleeding heart and a bunch of leeches and some very bad money management (including this decision).. At the end of the day though, fuck it. I love my mom more then life itself, and if this is what she thinks is gonna make her happy, then I'll do it and get it done to the best of my abilities, even if I don't agree with it.

RD

We only had one leach in the family, myself and another brother handled that real quick, really never gave my mom an option so to speak, every situation is different, so I wish ya'll luck. Money can do a lot of damage to a family.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
We only had one leach in the family, myself and another brother handled that real quick, really never gave my mom an option so to speak, every situation is different, so I wish ya'll luck. Money can do a lot of damage to a family.

It can if you let it. LOL.. I'm not letting it, hence the "I'll support ya in whatever you decide" program here. ;)

MSum661

Reaction score
I love my mom more then life itself, and if this is what she thinks is gonna make her happy, then I'll do it........

In the end......That's really what it's all about!! Piece of mind knowing you did the best you could with those you Love.
None of us can take any of these sorts of things with us when our day comes anyway.
Just got to go on...and see what Great things unfold next!!

It won't Hit you until you close and lock that door for the final last time.....and thats O.K........you have a lot to look forward to!!! :thumbsup

Advantage 1

Reaction score
I could explain this whole deal out, but it basically comes down to like I said one bleeding heart and a bunch of leeches and some very bad money management (including this decision)

RD

Sounds like you are talking about my brothers and sister... after my mom died, they fucked things up so badly (with selling mom's Anaheim Hills house) I stopped speaking to them. Between the three of them, have have absolutely zero business sense. Pissed me off beyond belief.

Understand the position you are in.

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score
I have stayed at our family place in Parker 3 times in the last two years. There is so much in fighting in our family right now that I can't even stand to be near the place or our place in Big bear. My mom and I have set some things in motion where we buy everyone out, but it's been a slow process. For now I'm perfectly content setting my trailer up at pirates and enjoying my time at the river instead of fighting or working the whole time I'm there.

I feel your pain Johnson.

JohnnyHavasu

Reaction score
Wow! I never got to stay in the Keys. Always wanted too. I bought a new 2bd house in Havasu in 2003. Its been rented off and on over the years. Its on a one year lease now. 2 months left on the lease, if the guy moves out i may have to sell it. I wanted to retire there. But sometimes you do what you gotta do. Btw, i think you should list that house for 900k $

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score
I feel really fortunate to have been able to stay here. It is a bad ass house and you could just feel the energy walking in.......it's like you could feel all the memories that have been made there over the years.

Deja_Vu

Essex Affectionado
Reaction score
Good Luck with the Sale!
Sounds like you are doing the right thing for your Mom. That's being a good son RD. :thumbup:

Flyinbowtie

Reaction score
I am one of the very fortunate ones who did get to stay at this home with Dave and Stacy, and we met and made friends with several RDP'ers. We felt at home the very first afternoon we were there. Dave and Stacy created that vibe, not the house.
Whether you agree or not you are doing what your mom wants to do, and that shows a level of love, commitment and respect that is all to rare in this world. We talked at length about this stuff when I was there, and I know one thing for certain.
Your Mom has one son she can count on, and that is you.
While there are special memories in that house, you won't lose them when you sell it. You and Stacy make it happen.
You will find that vibe goes where you do.
That was a special trip for us and we hope to come south again and see you guys, sooner rather than later.
Hang in there Dave...

PVHCA

Reaction score
I dropped a bunny on Apache Loop, so I'm content.

DaveC

Car-boat motors
Reaction score
After reading and hearing about troubles people have with family members and family "assets," I am glad my parents don't have any money to speak of....:p:D

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
After reading and hearing about troubles people have with family members and family "assets," I am glad my parents don't have any money to speak of....:p:D

Maybe they should hire Shintoo as their accountant. :p
:D

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I am one of the very fortunate ones who did get to stay at this home with Dave and Stacy, and we met and made friends with several RDP'ers. We felt at home the very first afternoon we were there. Dave and Stacy created that vibe, not the house.
Whether you agree or not you are doing what your mom wants to do, and that shows a level of love, commitment and respect that is all to rare in this world. We talked at length about this stuff when I was there, and I know one thing for certain.
Your Mom has one son she can count on, and that is you.
While there are special memories in that house, you won't lose them when you sell it. You and Stacy make it happen.
You will find that vibe goes where you do.
That was a special trip for us and we hope to come south again and see you guys, sooner rather than later.
Hang in there Dave...

I appreciate the kind words. I was bummed out about it for awhile but I'm the kinda guy that once I set my mind past something I just move on. I'm already looking forward to our baja adventures. If I can find a place on the beach in the sea of Cortez and a launch ramp near by I wont be shedding any tears in my coronas. ;)

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score

I resemble that remark.

prosthogod

Reaction score
I appreciate the kind words. I was bummed out about it for awhile but I'm the kinda guy that once I set my mind past something I just move on. I'm already looking forward to our baja adventures. If I can find a place on the beach in the sea of Cortez and a launch ramp near by I wont be shedding any tears in my coronas. ;)

Stay away from Mexico. My neighbor is a DEA agent for the Az southern border, and he can tell stories for days that will keep you out of there. I won't take my family back.:yikes