WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

#ThisDamnRV

angiebaby

Mountain Mama
Reaction score
Wrap turned out great. They wrapped the cap and the whole front.

Before:

IMG_8959.JPG

IMG_8955.JPG

After:

IMG_9287 2.JPG

IMG_9305.JPG

They have a couple of little bubbles to work out, but I'm sure they will make it right. Unlike Winston Detail, who essentially told me to pound sand again today regarding my broken windshield that happened as a result of their wash.

Last edited:

angiebaby

Mountain Mama
Reaction score
The windshield was replaced today by RV Glass Guru out of Phoenix. Thankfully insurance covers it, so I only have the deductible to pay. One of the two cracks caused by the detailer.

IMG_9201.JPG

IMG_9301.JPG

IMG_4780.jpg

angiebaby

Mountain Mama
Reaction score
Also, we changed out the inside lights for LEDs back in early June. Ordered them from a South Korean manufacturer off of Amazon. Half a dozen no longer work and we have had three start smoking, melting two of the fixtures. So I just purchased two new fixtures and as soon as a bulb starts acting funny, it gets pulled. Absolutely no leaving the lights on when we are not home.

IMG_9299 2.JPG

Accurate RV is going to fix the washer/dryer. It needs a control board, as expected. The part is $330. I knew that before they came out, so it wasn't a shock. They are also going to install a part in the oven. It's working, but the pilot makes a fluttering noise, so we don't leave it on. It would be nice to have it be 100% as it should be.

I'm looking forward to spending less time at the laundromat. :cool:

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Always impresses me to see guys install those windshields!
Wrap turned out good, I'd have never thought to do that.

EmpirE231

Reaction score
Also, we changed out the inside lights for LEDs back in early June. Ordered them from a South Korean manufacturer off of Amazon. Half a dozen no longer work and we have had three start smoking, melting two of the fixtures. So I just purchased two new fixtures and as soon as a bulb starts acting funny, it gets pulled. Absolutely no leaving the lights on when we are not home.

View attachment 1074398

Accurate RV is going to fix the washer/dryer. It needs a control board, as expected. The part is $330. I knew that before they came out, so it wasn't a shock. They are also going to install a part in the oven. It's working, but the pilot makes a fluttering noise, so we don't leave it on. It would be nice to have it be 100% as it should be.

I'm looking forward to spending less time at the laundromat. :cool:

crazy about the lights... I'm going to be converting to LED soon.... and the amazon options always look appealing... but this scares me. I'm sure there are some good and bad on amazon, but hard to decipher between the fake reviews.

Ol Man

Reaction score
The wrap was a good solution, rather than repairing paint and gelcoat.

I have cracked two windshields when it was too hot outside and in direct sun light to wash and turned the water on them. I could see the cracking as I did it. Why I did it the second time is stupid on my part. This was on two different motorhomes, separated by a number of years .

RiverCruiser

Reaction score
Wrap turned out great. They wrapped the cap and the whole front.

Before:

View attachment 1074390

View attachment 1074391

After:

View attachment 1074392

View attachment 1074393

They have a couple of little bubbles to work out, but I'm sure they will make it right. Unlike Winston Detail, who essentially told me to pound sand again today regarding my broken windshield that happened as a result of their wash.
The wrap looks good. Sucks about your windshield. I don’t think Winston Detail knows the power of RDP. I’m sure business will be lost caus of this.

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
Looking good. Man…you guys sure have done alot to the RV.

DWC

Reaction score
The wrap looks good. Sucks about your windshield. I don’t think Winston Detail knows the power of RDP. I’m sure business will be lost caus of this.
He shut down and moved to NC. Too bad actually. Good dude. Did good work at a reasonable price. Sucks that something happened to the windshield

angiebaby

Mountain Mama
Reaction score
When we were in Ennis, MT, we replaced the TV in the bedroom. This week, we replaced the one in the front. I'm not sure there was anything wrong with it, but we couldn't get it to connect to the internet, even though it was supposed to be a smart TV. It was set up to connect to the Direct TV satellite. We don't use that, we have our own WiFi, so we stream instead. With TVs being so inexpensive these days, we decided to just get a new one and get the same model as in the bedroom, so the remote is the same as well as the home screen and functions.

Washer/dryer unit and oven are set to be repaired next week.

Of course, there was some engineering involved with mounting the new TV. Nothing is ever easy. 🤣

Before-of course we always seem to forget to take a picture at the very beginning. This is with most of the cabinet removed.

IMG_9526.JPG

IMG_9527.JPG

IMG_9535.JPG

IMG_9559.JPG

grumpy88

Reaction score
You two have done a great job ! Looks really nice .

Sportin' Wood

Reaction score
Looking good. Man…you guys sure have done alot to the RV.
It's a continuous improvement project. I can't leave anything alone. I think we traded the house remodel for an RV remodel.

Fun story from this week.

A nice couple that has a park model here at Islander stopped by this week, they know the previous owner and could not believe it was the same coach due to our improvements. I could swear I saw the previous owner drive by as a passenger in a mutual friend's Jeep the day before, so I assume he was in the park and that is how they knew it was us.

The next day Angie gets a text message from the previous owner telling her we owe him money for Toll Road bills. She tells him to call me, which he did.

He proceeds to tell me he has been paying our toll road bills and we need to reimburse him, but he can't seem to tell me which road, which state, or the date of the time I drove on a toll road. I can assure you I am not driving this beast in a toll lane and I'm pretty sure we have not been on any Toll Roads as they don't have those in Montana. "How do you know it's us?" He says it's for a Montana License plate. This seems very odd because we registered the RV in our own name and changed the plates. (And Address)

I ask him what is the license number? Certainly does not match the plate on the rig now and since I still have the old plate, it does not match the old plate either.
WTF?

I've known this guy in passing for the better part of ten years. He races KOH and has a respected offroad parts business in the Industry. I always admired the guy and thought he was a stand-up person. After this whole experience it adds merit to my suspicion about people projecting an image, but not being what they seem. It's almost a shame to learn that people are all pretty much putting up an image that is not who they really are.

Either the guy is flipping so many vehicles registered under his Montana LLC he can't keep track. (He lives in SOCa, I'm not sure he has ever even been to Montana) Or he was gonna try and shakedown Angie for a couple of bucks? So completely odd, I can't make sense of it. I'm seriously confused. LOL :)

grumpy88

Reaction score
It's a continuous improvement project. I can't leave anything alone. I think we traded the house remodel for an RV remodel.

Fun story from this week.

A nice couple that has a park model here at Islander stopped by this week, they know the previous owner and could not believe it was the same coach due to our improvements. I could swear I saw the previous owner drive by as a passenger in a mutual friend's Jeep the day before, so I assume he was in the park and that is how they knew it was us.

The next day Angie gets a text message from the previous owner telling her we owe him money for Toll Road bills. She tells him to call me, which he did.

He proceeds to tell me he has been paying our toll road bills and we need to reimburse him, but he can't seem to tell me which road, which state, or the date of the time I drove on a toll road. I can assure you I am not driving this beast in a toll lane and I'm pretty sure we have not been on any Toll Roads as they don't have those in Montana. "How do you know it's us?" He says it's for a Montana License plate. This seems very odd because we registered the RV in our own name and changed the plates. (And Address)

I ask him what is the license number? Certainly does not match the plate on the rig now and since I still have the old plate, it does not match the old plate either.
WTF?

I've known this guy in passing for the better part of ten years. He races KOH and has a respected offroad parts business in the Industry. I always admired the guy and thought he was a stand-up person. After this whole experience it adds merit to my suspicion about people projecting an image, but not being what they seem. It's almost a shame to learn that people are all pretty much putting up an image that is not who they really are.

Either the guy is flipping so many vehicles registered under his Montana LLC he can't keep track. (He lives in SOCa, I'm not sure he has ever even been to Montana) Or he was gonna try and shakedown Angie for a couple of bucks? So completely odd, I can't make sense of it. I'm seriously confused. LOL :)
From his lying from day one he deserves a serious ass kicking for even making contact with you . Maybe ask him to meet you down at the dock and hold his head under water for a little bit to see if it helps jog his memory ! Some people

Sportin' Wood

Reaction score
From his lying from day one he deserves a serious ass kicking for even making contact with you . Maybe ask him to meet you down at the dock and hold his head under water for a little bit to see if it helps jog his memory ! Some people
Honestly, I'm not really motivated to seek any violent response, because I figure the lesson was worth the costs. A few people who had past experience with him came forward after hearing we bought the RV. I figure Karma is coming at some point. I'm still satisfied with the price we paid, I guess that helps?

For most of my life, I have wondered what I was doing wrong that prevented me from realizing the perceived success of others. Only after peeling back the onion did I learn, not to trust perception.

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
Trust your instincts Jeff. The toll road stuff is comical. I would not give him a friggin dime

angiebaby

Mountain Mama
Reaction score
Woo-hoo! We have liftoff! $350 in parts and $300ish in labor. Lordy! 😭 But I won't have to go to the laundry mat anymore except for bedding and rugs. That will be a time and back saver. Very happy to have it working. Couldn't fix the oven pilot yet. He has to get another part that won't be in for a couple of weeks. We had him look at the a/c unit, back furnace, and water heater also. He is making up a quote that I should have in a couple of days.

The coach has 3 a/c units. When we got it, only the front two worked. Then the very front one failed almost immediately. It hasn't been too much of an issue except for about two weeks in CDA this summer. One was certainly better than none. But we know that we will want them this summer, plus, we just want everything to work! So turns out the front one needs a new motor, it's frozen. The back one needs a capacitor.

It also has 2 furnaces. The front one works, thankfully, and heats up the coach really quickly, except the back bath where the shower is located suffers a bit while it's cooking upfront. Apparently, the control board on the back furnace is melted.

As for the water heater, the propane part works fine, but it's located next to the bedroom and it's noisy, so we turn it off in the afternoon and then back on first thing in the morning. The electric part of the heater does not work. The tech implied that it may be fairly expensive, so we may wait on that. We'll see what the quote comes back as. It only takes about 15 minutes to heat up, so it's not really an inconvenience.

STV_Keith

Reaction score
Since you guys are in Havasu, take a day to run down to Quartzsite and check out the RV show. It started last Saturday and runs until this Sunday. Lots of stuff to see. The show opens at 9am and closes at 5pm. You'll probably need the whole day to see it all, if you want to. You may find a few things you need and there are some deals. Entry is free.

As for the AC, you can also consider a portable unit to supplement the roof units. I bought a 14k BTU portable for $450 last summer, to let it take the bulk of the heat load. If it fails, it's easy to replace and 1/3 to 1/4 the cost of a roof unit. It will take up some room though.

angiebaby

Mountain Mama
Reaction score
Since you guys are in Havasu, take a day to run down to Quartzsite and check out the RV show. It started last Saturday and runs until this Sunday. Lots of stuff to see. The show opens at 9am and closes at 5pm. You'll probably need the whole day to see it all, if you want to. You may find a few things you need and there are some deals. Entry is free.

As for the AC, you can also consider a portable unit to supplement the roof units. I bought a 14k BTU portable for $450 last summer, to let it take the bulk of the heat load. If it fails, it's easy to replace and 1/3 to 1/4 the cost of a roof unit. It will take up some room though.
We went to Quartzite, but never were able to find the new motorhomes. We saw some 5th wheels. Not sure how we missed them, but we were looking.

STV_Keith

Reaction score
If you went down the 95, crossed over the I-10, went through the first light at Kuehen St, then the 2nd right would have been parking for the show tent with all new RV's and trailers around it. I took a quick pic as I drove by...

Attachments

• QuartzsiteShowLocation.jpg
    QuartzsiteShowLocation.jpg
    214.2 KB · Views: 40
  • Quartzsite-2022.jpg
    Quartzsite-2022.jpg
    329.3 KB · Views: 47

Sportin' Wood

Reaction score
If you went down the 95, crossed over the I-10, went through the first light at Kuehen St, then the 2nd right would have been parking for the show tent with all new RV's and trailers around it. I took a quick pic as I drove by...
We did find some good stuff in the tent, including the company that makes the King shocks for RVs. That was on my list of things to locate, I was glad we went. We plan to do the fronts first and see if it is worth the cost.

I've run King and a few other rebuildable/tuneable shocks on race cars and Jeeps. Shocks seem to be the secret sauce to a good-performing vehicle despite what my FIL keeps telling me. :)

I've not yet seen a new RV that I would be willing to spend the money on since we have invested so much in this one, I'll just keep going. I still would rather just have a truck camper, but I don't think living out of one is wise.

angiebaby

Mountain Mama
Reaction score
Woo-hoo! We have liftoff! $350 in parts and $300ish in labor. Lordy! 😭 But I won't have to go to the laundry mat anymore except for bedding and rugs. That will be a time and back saver. Very happy to have it working. Couldn't fix the oven pilot yet. He has to get another part that won't be in for a couple of weeks. We had him look at the a/c unit, back furnace, and water heater also. He is making up a quote that I should have in a couple of days.

The coach has 3 a/c units. When we got it, only the front two worked. Then the very front one failed almost immediately. It hasn't been too much of an issue except for about two weeks in CDA this summer. One was certainly better than none. But we know that we will want them this summer, plus, we just want everything to work! So turns out the front one needs a new motor, it's frozen. The back one needs a capacitor.

Update:

This repair guy never got back to me to finish fixing the oven and the a/c units. I called twice inquiring about the quote. The first time, the woman said he was still looking up parts (two weeks later) the second time after another two weeks, I left a message. No response back. So I called At-Fab. Scott came out last week to look at the units. He said he thought they both needed motors. I was skeptical because the other guys had said they had different issues, but I went ahead and ordered them. $710 for the pair, they were available and would be here early this week. I let him know we were leaving at the end of this week to verify he could install them before we left and he said he could.

After the hot weekend we had, with the single A/C running nonstop all day trying to keep up, that motor died. It would not come on Monday morning. :( Now we're really nervous because we have zero air conditioners going into the summer and are leaving Havasu in 4 days. But the parts came in Monday and Scott came to install them today. Both are working well and we have cool air back in the bedroom for the first time since we bought this coach last year. $1050 total cost. So we are still down one, but hopefully, it won't be a huge issue in the mountains. Since we know what's wrong with it, we can get it fixed whenever we are in a location long enough to do it.

Wish us luck as we head to Sedona area on Friday.

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
Update:

This repair guy never got back to me to finish fixing the oven and the a/c units. I called twice inquiring about the quote. The first time, the woman said he was still looking up parts (two weeks later) the second time after another two weeks, I left a message. No response back. So I called At-Fab. Scott came out last week to look at the units. He said he thought they both needed motors. I was skeptical because the other guys had said they had different issues, but I went ahead and ordered them. $710 for the pair, they were available and would be here early this week. I let him know we were leaving at the end of this week to verify he could install them before we left and he said he could.

After the hot weekend we had, with the single A/C running nonstop all day trying to keep up, that motor died. It would not come on Monday morning. :( Now we're really nervous because we have zero air conditioners going into the summer and are leaving Havasu in 4 days. But the parts came in Monday and Scott came to install them today. Both are working well and we have cool air back in the bedroom for the first time since we bought this coach last year. $1050 total cost. So we are still down one, but hopefully, it won't be a huge issue in the mountains. Since we know what's wrong with it, we can get it fixed whenever we are in a location long enough to do it.

Good luck ;)

STV_Keith

Reaction score
Update:

Now we're really nervous because we have zero air conditioners going into the summer and are leaving Havasu in 4 days. But the parts came in Monday and Scott came to install them today. Both are working well and we have cool air back in the bedroom for the first time since we bought this coach last year. $1050 total cost. So we are still down one, but hopefully, it won't be a huge issue in the mountains. Since we know what's wrong with it, we can get it fixed whenever we are in a location long enough to do it.

Go to Lowes/Home Depot/Walmart and find the biggest portable unit you can find. I have a LG 14k BTU portable that I stick in my RV while I'm plugged in at home, and set the temp for 84 so it will do most of the work keeping the RV cool. Roof units only come on when it gets to a higher temp, so they see less duty (and will hopefully live longer). These portable units are like $400, so they do a lot of work for less money and only pull about 800-1000watts of power, which is like 8amps...about 50% less than the roof units. This is the one I have: https://home.woot.com/offers/lg-14k-10-000-btu-doe-portable-ac

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
Go to Lowes/Home Depot/Walmart and find the biggest portable unit you can find. I have a LG 14k BTU portable that I stick in my RV while I'm plugged in at home, and set the temp for 84 so it will do most of the work keeping the RV cool. Roof units only come on when it gets to a higher temp, so they see less duty (and will hopefully live longer). These portable units are like $400, so they do a lot of work for less money and only pull about 800-1000watts of power, which is like 8amps...about 50% less than the roof units. This is the one I have: https://home.woot.com/offers/lg-14k-10-000-btu-doe-portable-ac
I do the same for the garage in my fifth wheel. Did that vs installing a third roof unit. It works well

angiebaby

Mountain Mama
Reaction score
We survived with two of those at our ranch in SoCal. They were our only A/C, but it was an adobe house.

It's a great idea, but I'm hoping we don't need to do something like that. Space is a premium when you are living in your coach. They seem to be working great so far. I have the thermostats set to 76 and they are shutting off and on fine. If we were staying in Havasu all summer, we may have needed to get a portable and/or get the third one fix. We could have gotten it fixed, we just ran out of time.

STV_Keith

Reaction score
FYI, this is how I have mine set up. Gets removed when we go on trips, but I'd bring it if we were down an A/C.

Attachments

• 20220330_183015.jpg
    20220330_183015.jpg
    732.7 KB · Views: 41
  • 20220330_183028.jpg
    20220330_183028.jpg
    959 KB · Views: 41
  • 20220330_183038.jpg
    20220330_183038.jpg
    733.7 KB · Views: 40

Sportin' Wood

Reaction score
#ThisDamnRV lived up to its reputation for making moving days unenjoyable with yet another mishap. Stay tuned for the repair, I'm not touching it today.

I17 from Flagstaff to Camp Verde has a 25-mile grade with sections at 6%. Quarter way down, I notice the air pressure is not rebounding as normal. Being a worrywart this raises my suspicion because #ThisDamnRv never lets me down when it comes to adventures in sh!t being screwed up. Lucky for me, 3/4 the way down there is a rest stop, and I take the opportunity for a quick inspection. As soon as I exit the coach I hear the air blowing off like an eruption.

Blown high-pressure line between the pump and the air/water separator. This high-pressure stainless steel braided line must have been rubbing for years on a steel bracket. You would never notice it unless you were looking for it.

The air compressor could keep up if I did not use the brakes, so Off I go. BTW this would be a good time to share that my engine brake does not work for shit. Had it inspected three times and they all report back that it is fine. It's not. It just violently downshifts to 3 rd gear.

Hair raising experience through town, knowing if the air pressure drops too low the brakes will lock up. Lots of cussing and yelling at drivers who liked to cut in front of the big dumb RV.

Finally, find the RV park. Tight spots, but we make it work. Turn off RV with 67 PSI left. The alarm goes off at 65PSI. I suspect the brakes lock up at around 45psi, but who knows?

Go to the bar, and drink Gin.

Drinking coffee this morning reading the park rules:
No repairing RVs in Park. Looks like I gotta be stealthy.

More to come. Here for a month unless we get kicked out. Going to enjoy today and worry about this tomorrow. Gotta find a shop/store that can make a high-pressure air hose and figure out how to get this one-off, with my luck the connections will be frozen tight and I will break something.

Sportin' Wood

Reaction score
BTW, Arizona, your highways are begging for you to repair them. I've seen better roads in Baja. The tire industry must love I40.

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
#ThisDamnRV lived up to its reputation for making moving days unenjoyable with yet another mishap. Stay tuned for the repair, I'm not touching it today.

I17 from Flagstaff to Camp Verde has a 25-mile grade with sections at 6%. Quarter way down, I notice the air pressure is not rebounding as normal. Being a worrywart this raises my suspicion because #ThisDamnRv never lets me down when it comes to adventures in sh!t being screwed up. Lucky for me, 3/4 the way down there is a rest stop, and I take the opportunity for a quick inspection. As soon as I exit the coach I hear the air blowing off like an eruption.

Blown high-pressure line between the pump and the air/water separator. This high-pressure stainless steel braided line must have been rubbing for years on a steel bracket. You would never notice it unless you were looking for it.

The air compressor could keep up if I did not use the brakes, so Off I go. BTW this would be a good time to share that my engine brake does not work for shit. Had it inspected three times and they all report back that it is fine. It's not. It just violently downshifts to 3 rd gear.

Hair raising experience through town, knowing if the air pressure drops too low the brakes will lock up. Lots of cussing and yelling at drivers who liked to cut in front of the big dumb RV.

Finally, find the RV park. Tight spots, but we make it work. Turn off RV with 67 PSI left. The alarm goes off at 65PSI. I suspect the brakes lock up at around 45psi, but who knows?

Go to the bar, and drink Gin.

Drinking coffee this morning reading the park rules:
No repairing RVs in Park. Looks like I gotta be stealthy.

More to come. Here for a month unless we get kicked out. Going to enjoy today and worry about this tomorrow. Gotta find a shop/store that can make a high-pressure air hose and figure out how to get this one-off, with my luck the connections will be frozen tight and I will break something.
PM where you are and I will come by and visit for a bit. May ride the bike up

Sportin' Wood

Reaction score
PM where you are and I will come by and visit for a bit. May ride the bike up
Rain Spirit RV park between Cottonwood and Clarksdale. Lots of dispersed camping around here. We leave May 1st and head to Colorado.

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
Rain Spirit RV park between Cottonwood and Clarksdale. Lots of dispersed camping around here. We leave May 1st and head to Colorado.
It will be after this upcoming week. I will just drive up and visit for the day. Be careful with the rattlers thru there :)

STV_Keith

Reaction score
Does the mfg sell parts? Maybe you can have the correct hose shipped in for an easy swap?

Sportin' Wood

Reaction score
Where are you guys headed in Colorado?
Dolores for three weeks and then Durango for a month. We may cut it short and head back to Montana/Idaho. Depends on how much MTB riding I can get in between the things Angie wants to do.

Sportin' Wood

Reaction score
Does the mfg sell parts? Maybe you can have the correct hose shipped in for an easy swap?
Spent the second half of today searching for the hose. Ended up driving to Flagstaff and finding that Carquest could duplicate it exactly. It's always a pleasure to find a real parts house. Too hot to install this afternoon, hopefully, it's a quick repair in the AM. Gonna have to figure out how to keep it from rubbing this time.

Sleek-Jet

Reaction score
Dolores for three weeks and then Durango for a month. We may cut it short and head back to Montana/Idaho. Depends on how much MTB riding I can get in between the things Angie wants to do.

We are going to be in Dolores at the end of June. If you guys are still around we'll have to get together for a beer.

Where are you camping? The big RV park up the river?

Sportin' Wood

Reaction score
We are going to be in Dolores at the end of June. If you guys are still around we'll have to get together for a beer.

Where are you camping? The big RV park up the river?
West view until May 20, then to Durango until June 20ish.

redone76

Reaction score

It also has 2 furnaces. The front one works, thankfully, and heats up the coach really quickly, except the back bath where the shower is located suffers a bit while it's cooking upfront. Apparently, the control board on the back furnace is melted.

As for the water heater, the propane part works fine, but it's located next to the bedroom and it's noisy, so we turn it off in the afternoon and then back on first thing in the morning. The electric part of the heater does not work. The tech implied that it may be fairly expensive, so we may wait on that. We'll see what the quote comes back as. It only takes about 15 minutes to heat up, so it's not really an inconvenience.
Just a word of experience on the electric side of your water heater. When I bought my toy hauler the electric didn't work either. After a few trips I tore into it to figure it out. I literally found the plug of the water heater sitting 3 inches away from the outlet it was supposed to be in. Someone never bothered to plug it in! Just food for thought if you wanted to take a quick look. Digging this thread!!!

Sleek-Jet

Reaction score
We won't be there till then week of June 27, but if you all are still in Durango then maybe we can meet up at Steamworks for a Mexican Lager.

Sleek-Jet

Reaction score
A zip tie will saw right through that hose. You need a cushion clamp and attach it to something solid somehow.

bilz

Newly Retired!😁
Reaction score
Wow, what an adventure. Missed the beginning last year, but am all caught up now. You guys have such positive attitudes. I hope I've learned something. Safe travels!

STV_Keith

Reaction score
There are numerous hoses on my coach that have a either a piece of heater hose or rubber sheet wrapped around them and zip tied in place to keep hoses from rubbing other things.

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
FYI, this is how I have mine set up. Gets removed when we go on trips, but I'd bring it if we were down an A/C.
heres where I have a problem thinking that will work... they use the cool air from the coach to cool the condenser, then blow it out the window...the condenser is in side when it should be out side , so when it cycles it just lets it heat up the coach... ,.. when it's running, the air comming out the hose is like a leaf blower... that means that its sucking the cool air out of the coach and drawing hot air in...which in turn is putting a bigger load on the roof ac's... beings it's so dry in az, you'd be better off with a small room size swamp cooler that would humidify the air in the coach and help cool it down,... cabinets and walls will love you for it ...

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
the other thing on this thread, I've be lucky to not have too many bad ac'c but when I do,... I never repair an old unit....I replace... you can buy a 15,000 btu for 600 bucks and the new ones work more efficient... I think a 10 year old ac is just waiting for it to get hot outside so it can quit...

Last edited:

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
found this post, so I borrowed it.... worded better...

Need to get a "dual hose" portable. The single hose units are everywhere.....skip those and find the dual hose model.....I'll tell you why...

The single hose models suck air from inside the RV (air conditioned air) and use it to cool the condenser coils, blowing the hot air outside through the single hose. This creates a negative pressure, and so hot outside air is drawn back in.....not good.

The dual hose models bring in outside air through one hose, cool the condenser, and exhaust the hot air through the other hose......much more efficient.....no negative pressure created, and you aren't continually taking cool inside air and blowing it outside.

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
I bought a new black pallazo rv w/2 13,500 ac's.... I will be working on ac's... had the same problem with my dark colored fleetwood and made it cool..