WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Thought This Would Be Understood Here...

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
...more than the Lounge. This morning was a good start to the day. Mid 30's, but first step off the porch, I caught it...
First scent of the sage...spring is coming!

People where I'm from don't get it. It's become one of the things I take notice of here.

Any telltale signs of spring by you guys? Have you seen the hints yet?

Riverfamlee

Reaction score
I start getting excited when they change the time. Longer days is always a hint for me

Tank

Reaction score
Days slowly getting longer. weather slowly getting a bit warmer. Only little under 2 monhs til DS baby!

I start getting excited when they change the time. Longer days is always a hint for me

March 8th (next week), clocks change! 👍👍👍👍

LazyLavey

Reaction score
Spring fever.... Sometimes I feel like I'm in jr high school biology class again... if you know what I mean

footer

looking for a v-drive
Reaction score
5° in SE WI this morning, so the temps are definitely still wintery. But as I was walking from the office to my truck last night the sun was still shining, and when I let the dog out at 5:30 this morning the birds already singing. If I knew anything about song bird calls I might be able to say if was a migratory bird, but I don't know shit about their sounds.

BlowMe

Reaction score
Robins and other birds start showing up. Weight restrictions on county and local roads go in to effect until the frost is out of the ground, often called "frost laws".

I was gonna say the same thing. Robin's out and about in the mornings and birds chirping. Spring is definitely near

footer

looking for a v-drive
Reaction score
We've had a very mild winter here in the pnw. The wife's crocus flowers are blooming already.
I was in Portland two weeks ago and couldn't believe all the buds and blossums, and long green grass. It looked like April in WI. Then we went south to Mt. Bachelor, crossed a desert, and I couldn't believe there was literally two feet of vertical ice on all the northwest facing surfaces of every single thing above tree line. Then we went up to Mt. Hood, got a foot of snow dumped on us (which was awesome), and 30 minutes downslope from Government Camp it was rainforest. Oregon has a lot more geographic variety than this Midwesterner is used to. Truly amazing. I might love Oregon.
mt.jpg

ice.jpg

cat.jpg

buck35

Reaction score
Oregon has some beautiful country for sure. I'm in central Washington in the desert at about 700 foot elevation. The local ski hill is less than a half hour drive and tops out at nearly 7000 feet.

footer

looking for a v-drive
Reaction score
Oregon has some beautiful country for sure. I'm in central Washington in the desert at about 700 foot elevation. The local ski hill is less than a half hour drive and tops out at nearly 7000 feet.
Lucky.

jb600

Highly unusual
Reaction score
Cooled off the last few days up here, but it’s supposed to warm back up Starting tomorrow. Still plenty of snow on the ground, but it has been going down. I work down on the port and noticed the Seagulls are coming back. So that’s a start.

HydroSkreamin

StressEliminator
Reaction score
All the ice shanties have to be off the ice by March 1st. Got stuck behind a few this week.

Crazy temp swings here in central WI. Below zero at night and above freezing during the day. Forecast for the next week is 40°-50° every day, some nights single digits.

The longer daylight gets me going for sure.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Ya rattlesnakes in February . I'm still waiting for winter here in so cal.
In Phoenix today for an archery competition for my daughter. Just had the pa announce snakes may be thawing out. Go back up the hill shortly!

brgrcru

Reaction score
In Phoenix today for an archery competition for my daughter. Just had the pa announce snakes may be thawing out. Go back up the hill shortly!
saw a big rattler , on my mountain bike ride, Thursday. I'm like already?

snowhammer

Exploratory Vacation Time
Reaction score
...more than the Lounge. This morning was a good start to the day. Mid 30's, but first step off the porch, I caught it...
First scent of the sage...spring is coming!

People where I'm from don't get it. It's become one of the things I take notice of here.

Any telltale signs of spring by you guys? Have you seen the hints yet?
The vast amount of small animal road kill