WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Thoughts on the Ahmaud Arbery case?

HB2Havasu

Reaction score
The point on the Shapiro show today was to point out that the media was doing a similarly bad job reporting on the case, just like they did on Rittenhouse. The person testifying mentioned 4 of those dates (not 2/23) and inferred that Arbery was on the video those 4 times. The police officer testified that he was called to the seen because equipment had been stolen from the home. I'm not going to listen to it all over again but one thing was clear, the media purposefully made many misleading statements and he proved it by playing actual testimony. Just like the media claimed this case, Rittenhouse and even Chauvin were about race. No attorney in any of those cases ever accused the defendants of being racists or having committed a hate crime. The evidence did not support it, but the media said it anyway.
💯 If you never listened to the testimony or videos in the Rittenhouse case and only listened to what the media was spewing you would conclude he was the KKK Grand Wizard mowing down Black Choir Boys with a machine gun. Thank God the jury got it right in both cases. In the Arbery Case it was quite the opposite scenario. You had 3 armed civilians stalking an unarmed man. When they cornered him he fought back (as most people would in the same situation) and the aggressors killed the unarmed man.

The sad part in the Arbery case is 4 men lost their lives over simple petty theft. The responsibility when pulling a weapon on somebody is immeasurable. Unless your life is in the hands of the aggressor then shooting another human should be your very last resort, not your first option!

HBCraig

Reaction score
Maybe the guy driving slow was looking for an address, What made him sketchy, His Looks ?
Driving super slow, mediocre car at best and driving down every street and looking in at open garage doors

Roosky01

Reaction score
I'll put a toe in .... raised in the south.... when I hear folks say our country hasn't evolved since the 60s regarding racism I have to laugh.... cause I know the outcome of this trial would've been very different when I was a kid. Those that know, know. I'll leave it at that.

One of my mentors, who is now in his early 80's, grew up and still lives just outside Philadelphia, MS. The stories he tells are damn near unbelievable to a Yankee such as I...

dribble

Reaction score
Just curious if it was a couple of cops that stopped this guy and he ended up getting shot if you all would still say it was murder.
If it was a couple of uniformed police officers, he would have not thought he was being run down and attacked by three armed yayhoos who literally had no business doing what they did. It’s a safe bet he would have stopped and complied.

Desert Whaler

Reaction score
I just watched some body cam footage from a responding officer asking the father Greg McMichael what happened at the scene . . . he literally said he saw a black guy running full speed down the street and yelled to his son Travis, "C'mon let's go get him" . . . he said he was outside working on re-upholstering some seat cushions for his boat on the tailgate of his truck . . . he ran in and grabbed a 357 and his son grabbed a shotgun. It was a regular cab Ford full-size truck w/ a baby seat on the passengers side . . . but he piled-in anyways. When they made a stop, he jumped-out and climbed in the bed before they took off after the guy again. He is recorded saying, "If Travis hadn't of shot him, I would've".

Imagine that shit for a second . . . one second you're doing some boat-work on your driveway . . . the next second you chase down an un-arm'd man, kill him and now you get to spend the rest of your life in prison. So much for finishing the seat-cushions, let alone ever enjoying sitting on them.

The McMichaels have to be some of the single worst decision makers of all time.

LHC Kirby

LifeTime Member
Reaction score
I just watched some body cam footage from a responding officer asking the father Greg McMichael what happened at the scene . . . he literally said he saw a black guy running full speed down the street and yelled to his son Travis, "C'mon let's go get him" . . . he said he was outside working on re-upholstering some seat cushions for his boat on the tailgate of his truck . . . he ran in and grabbed a 357 and his son grabbed a shotgun. It was a regular cab Ford full-size truck w/ a baby seat on the passengers side . . . but he piled-in anyways. When they made a stop, he jumped-out and climbed in the bed before they took off after the guy again. He is recorded saying, "If Travis hadn't of shot him, I would've".

Imagine that shit for a second . . . one second you're doing some boat-work on your driveway . . . the next second you chase down an un-arm'd man, kill him and now you get to spend the rest of your life in prison. So much for finishing the seat-cushions, let alone ever enjoying sitting on them.

The McMichaels have to be some of the single worst decision makers of all time.
Are they selling the boat? How much, what manufacturer? Size?

*too soon 🧐🤷🏼‍♂️

Long Way Home

Dog Days of Summer!
Reaction score
My mom's side of the family is from Mobile, Alabama all in Law enforcement in the 20's 30's 40's. The stories I was told as a kid, just like this event would have been typical behavior in the south. They would start with a criminal accusations against a black person, followed by torture, beating, ending with a lynching, this was a method of social and racial control meant to terrorize black Americans into submission in the south. All of this was sometimes aided and abetted by law enforcement. The coming of the civil rights movement in the 50's and 60's slowed down lynching's but did not end the targeted violence against black people.

Desert Whaler

Reaction score
Female Officer sure wanted to make sure he was cleaned-up and hydrated.
Crazy . . . .

prorider

Reaction score
If it was a couple of uniformed police officers, he would have not thought he was being run down and attacked by three armed yayhoos who literally had no business doing what they did. It’s a safe bet he would have stopped and complied.
Not likely. The guy was a known thief in the area and prosecutors suppressed lots of evidence. But since he was black, different rules.

Desert Whaler

Reaction score
For 3 white guys who apparently didn't want black men in their neighborhood, they sure picked the wrong course of action.
Now they get to spend the remainder of their time here with plenty of black 'neighbors' . . .SMH.

boatnam2

Reaction score
I didn't know know anything about this case but binge watched it after seeing thread on it last night. The whole dam thing from the killers to the cops to the neighbors is so hard to believe.