WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Thread about shirts

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
There was a thread about shirts recently and a GC said he had a brand that was pretty inexpensive, we’re cut right and he was getting 50-60 uses out of them.. I am always on the look out to try different mfg’s of shirts looking for a “decent” shirt in today’s ever changing market..

I can’t find this thread to save my life.. Anyone got a link? Or what shirt blanks do you like that don’t shrink and fit us “portly” types correct?

The shirts I run are bad ass but they are ungodly expensive.

JayBreww

Reaction score
Whatever Finnegan uses.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

derelict

Reaction score
I remember that thread, this was the shirt they mentioned
Screenshot_20210824-071928_Chrome.jpg

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

jesco

Reaction score
Cheap and good in shirts is a myth.... I buy a bunch of shirts for my company (electrical contractor), only one we have found that last REALLY good for the guys are the Port & Company PC61. They come in a bunch of colors and TALLS!! Which is a game changer for guys like me who are 6/4 265. I cant wear most brands now because these fit so much better. I order a dozen or two a year just plain black and with a pocket so Im not wearing my company shirt everyday. hahaha

FishSniper

Reaction score
There was a thread about shirts recently and a GC said he had a brand that was pretty inexpensive, we’re cut right and he was getting 50-60 uses out of them.. I am always on the look out to try different mfg’s of shirts looking for a “decent” shirt in today’s ever changing market..

I can’t find this thread to save my life.. Anyone got a link? Or what shirt blanks do you like that don’t shrink and fit us “portly” types correct?

The shirts I run are bad ass but they are ungodly expensive.
I will check to see what company a 4 pack boat I use to go on gets their shirts from they are good quality and don’t seem to shrink down. I would buy 4 or so of them a year at the Fred hall show.

GRADS

Phishing license is paid up to date
Reaction score
I bought a couple shirts from Kindig-It Design and those things have lasted like 500-600 washings. Let me go see what brand they are.

Spudsbud

Reaction score
Unsolicited Opinion
Dave I would gladly pay a few more dollars for a quality shirt, larger size. I'm XXL 240#.
Those shirts that choke you ( neck diameter) go in the car wash bin.

* pocket Tee would be nice !

Jim

GRADS

Phishing license is paid up to date
Reaction score
500-600 washings? So you literally wore the same shirt everyday except sunday for 2 years straight?
It was more like every other day going on 5 or 6 years. Pretty much my favorite shirt. It makes me look buff too. 🤣

Wmc

The Mayor
Reaction score
I like your older stuff. New shirts not so much. The fat guy toon gray shirt. Wash once never wore it. Lost most of its color . What ever positive Trim is using I would use that. They are like the shirts of old.

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
I only like athletic cut shirts. Long and tight around the arms. Bayside is what we use at work and the are perfect

n2otoofast4u

Reaction score
I like your older stuff. New shirts not so much. The fat guy toon gray shirt. Wash once never wore it. Lost most of its color . What ever positive Trim is using I would use that. They are like the shirts of old.

THIS!

My OG Positive Trim shirts are holding up great!

ka0tyk

Warlock Performance Boats Merchandise Connections
Reaction score
The bunch of shirts I've bought trying to win vehicles from StreetSpeed717 on youtube and his partner at InshaneDesigns are from "Next Level Apparel" and they're quite nice. They're not like a typical walmart fit with straight lines they're kinda fitted. They feel a little thinner not like a canvas feeling rough shirt I have from some of the older RDP shirts. They wash well and whoever is doing their printing has good quality as well. I know they sell thousands of shirts a month for all their car giveaways. If you've never tried, you can buy a tshirt and win a corvette, raptor, trex truck, etc...

www.inshanedesigns.com

sintax

Reaction score
I only like athletic cut shirts. Long and tight around the arms. Bayside is what we use at work and the are perfect

I really like the athletic cuts too, they also wear a lot lighter as well, and are softer it seems.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I bought a couple shirts from Kindig-It Design and those things have lasted like 500-600 washings. Let me go see what brand they are.

That’s the problem Grads.. all my original rdp shirts fit right and lasted about ten years before they were done..

With business being what it is a lot of these mfg’s have bought each other and now the shirts have changed. My original alstyle 1301’s were some of the best shirts ever..

Alstyle got bought by Gildan and bow they are shrinking up in length.

I ran “comfort colors” for a batch of shirts and they are super soft like a next level and very good fitting.. but at 18.00 or so a blank it’s just too much money to make sense.. I’m gonna have to be charging 35-40 a shirt for it to even make a profit.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
The bunch of shirts I've bought trying to win vehicles from StreetSpeed717 on youtube and his partner at InshaneDesigns are from "Next Level Apparel" and they're quite nice. They're not like a typical walmart fit with straight lines they're kinda fitted. They feel a little thinner not like a canvas feeling rough shirt I have from some of the older RDP shirts. They wash well and whoever is doing their printing has good quality as well. I know they sell thousands of shirts a month for all their car giveaways. If you've never tried, you can buy a tshirt and win a corvette, raptor, trex truck, etc...

www.inshanedesigns.com

that is our athletic cut shirts that we make

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Cheap and good in shirts is a myth.... I buy a bunch of shirts for my company (electrical contractor), only one we have found that last REALLY good for the guys are the Port & Company PC61. They come in a bunch of colors and TALLS!! Which is a game changer for guys like me who are 6/4 265. I cant wear most brands now because these fit so much better. I order a dozen or two a year just plain black and with a pocket so Im not wearing my company shirt everyday. hahaha

I’ll look into those as well..

2Driver

Reaction score

Funny my friend is an electrical contractor and his company’s name is Jesco. I have so many Jesco shirts sometimes it’s all I wear in the cooler months.

jetboatperformance

Reaction score
Just got my order start to finish 10 days , they delivered "UPS next day" (after 10 days) , one color Hanes beefy T's 13.50 each (48 quantity) all Xl and XXL (they shrink a size) Also made Us JBP Camo Hoodies , very nice with blaze orange logo company is rushorder T's

Attachments

• Resized_20210903_132057_1760.jpeg
    Resized_20210903_132057_1760.jpeg
    244.5 KB · Views: 82
  • Resized_20210824_151712_9710.jpeg
    Resized_20210824_151712_9710.jpeg
    253 KB · Views: 90
Last edited:

Rajobigguy

Reaction score
Dave:
When I was having shirts done I always used Hanes beefy tees. Got many years of use out of them and believe me we are hard on shirts.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Dave:
When I was having shirts done I always used Hanes beefy tees. Got many years of use out of them and believe me we are hard on shirts.

They don’t fit right.. mid section is too short and they shrink weird

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I must be buying the wrong ones then… not complaining, I still like them, they just don’t fit like my work shirts

You might have to bought the wrong ones.. or maybe we gave you the wrong ones?

We run XL in both athletic and larger cuts.. everything below do we run athletic (next level). Everything above xxl+ we run a looser cut

FreeBird236

Reaction score
The original PT shirts are alstyle 1301’s. Gildan bought alstyle and fucked it all up.
I'm not sure what's going on, but I buy shirts from vendors all the time that are Alstyle Classic and not like the Gildan crap. There's several vendors listed when you google Alstyle that show the original logo and don't say a damn thing about Gildan.

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
You might have to bought the wrong ones.. or maybe we gave you the wrong ones?

We run XL in both athletic and larger cuts.. everything below do we run athletic (next level). Everything above xxl+ we run a looser cut
Feel like grads posting this kind of selfie but long enough that it won’t go up when I lift my arms, and tight enough to make the guns look bigger than they are 😂 this is a large
5FFE4D99-79E4-4E4E-A92B-EAD96E830F3F.jpeg
75959E6D-15F8-4B63-B3E0-C62E419B9C4B.jpeg

Long Way Home

Dog Days of Summer!
Reaction score
I like any thick shirts , I wear googguys rod/custom shirts so any 6 oz., 100% preshrunk cotton will work.

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score
What brand/type is the sleeveless ones you sold this year for SCFW?? I liked them.. As far as t-shirts its been 50/50 on them Idk what you were using for blanks...I like the feel/thickness etc. Some of them stretched in the neck...the darker they were seemed the better they lasted...

Have you thought about a highline/midline option? Like having two versions and two price points... I buy pretty much Tommy Bahama, Johnny-O, Peter Millar, Southern Tide and similar t-shirts...those usually all fall in the $50ish range for daily wear. I would buy a $30-40 t-shirt that lasts and is high end quality...way before I buy a 20$ shirt that I won't wear for more than a year...maybe I'm in the minority.

SOCALCRICKETT

Reaction score
I didn't know you were running athletic build stuff now. At 5'6" and 155lbs not much fits me usually, ill have to check out the new stuff

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I didn't know you were running athletic build stuff now. At 5'6" and 155lbs not much fits me usually, ill have to check out the new stuff

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

We have offered it for 2-3 years if I had to guess.

RD

squirtnmyload

now its recording
Reaction score
I’ve been using Gildan Dryblend 50/50 for years.
T shirts, long sleeve t’s and hoodies. Cost is not the issue. Not one complaint to me. (probably because i give them away :D) and i won’t wear anything else.

Unless someone asks for some specific brand or a certain type of printing requires 100 percent cotton or 100 percent polyester, my wife has used 10’s of thousands of the Gildan Dryblend for her business.

As for my embroidered business polos i use Cornerstone CS418

I can’t wear 100 percent cotton t shirts. And those allstyle ones felt like was putting on a lead apron.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score
Next Level and instead of doing screen prints, try doing some sublimations?? Those last forever and fit great. Wife makes them for me and I wear the crap out of them.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

WildWilly

Reaction score
start offering big AND tall and at least a few of us would be happy

sonicss31

Reaction score
That’s the problem Grads.. all my original rdp shirts fit right and lasted about ten years before they were done..

With business being what it is a lot of these mfg’s have bought each other and now the shirts have changed. My original alstyle 1301’s were some of the best shirts ever..

Alstyle got bought by Gildan and bow they are shrinking up in length.

I ran “comfort colors” for a batch of shirts and they are super soft like a next level and very good fitting.. but at 18.00 or so a blank it’s just too much money to make sense.. I’m gonna have to be charging 35-40 a shirt for it to even make a profit.

90% of my collection of T-shirts are “comfort colors”. Most of the shirts for sale in the Keys are junk but if it is a cc shirt I buy it. Most are only are $28 retail. Maybe they get the blanks at a better cost because of the volume of sales down here.