WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Three to Four Point Mounts with Ford 460

Quicksilver

Reaction score
I just picked up these mounts for my boat so I can switch to a larger oil pan. They were made by Hardin Marine. What is in the picture is what I got. I believe I only need the feet to make them work. Or is there more? Do any of you have any pictures of an install on a Spectra you could post? Thanks

motormouts1.jpg

fmo24

Reaction score
Maybe post in jet boat section as well. The guys from JBP post some cool set ups !

NAFLASH

Reaction score
You'll need the feet and hardware to go through the stringers. Also you might consider a drive line guard. Otherwise, your set

Quicksilver

Reaction score
Spectralen, thanks. Those pics were just what i needed. I am going to stick with the four point though and get an aluminum driveline cover.

SuperJet

Reaction score
You will also need a mid plate for the rear, otherwise your starter will not mount/index properly. Ask me how I know. :D

Sent from that vibrating thing In your pocket using Tapatalk

Quicksilver

Reaction score
You will also need a mid plate for the rear, otherwise your starter will not mount/index properly. Ask me how I know. :D

What do you mean by midplate? Is it a thin piece of metal?

SuperJet

Reaction score
What do you mean by midplate? Is it a thin piece of metal?

Sorry for flaking and not responding. Yes a mid plate is the thin about .090" piece of steel that goes between the mount and block. It gives the starters flat surface to mount to and also indexes the bendix gear on the flex plate properly

Quicksilver

Reaction score
Sorry for flaking and not responding. Yes a mid plate is the thin about .090" piece of steel that goes between the mount and block. It gives the starters flat surface to mount to and also indexes the bendix gear on the flex plate properly

Thanks. I guess I will have to hit up a junkyard to see if I can find one.