WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Three TV and 3 Net feeds to Crest Fallen manor:

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
For the next month we'll have at the same time: Time Warner Cable, the new ATT U-verse fiber optic TV/net service, and Direct TV.

Only because we wanted to dovetail services as one takes over and the other fades away.

The ATT u-verse fiber optic is super fast. Astonishingly fast, nice TV pic but it only allows 1 HDTV, we have 4. God Bless Costco.
So we'll keep their net service and drop the TV feed.

Time Warner cable has the robust TV picture, but high price less channels,, and their net service is noticably slower than the Att.

For TV,, we'll stick with Direct HDTV.
Sat has most channels, in our RV and cheapest.

My point is, their is competition out there, and the choices are good.

OCMerrill

All in...
Reaction score
Same reason we dumped Cox Cable here in S. OC. Rising prices and nothing for it.

We have Dish and no HD anything yet. Soon I will start changing stuff out. I still have my 60' Hitachi Ultra Vision Projection TV I bought 15 years ago. Damn thing refuses to quit and I hate to toss it.

We are just OK with dish. Their customer service sucks horrible. Have to talk to India and I just don't care for that. Also the equipment is theirs but they want me to fix it. I hate that shit as well. Like I crawl in the little box and mess with all the elect. components.

I am under no contract any longer so I might jump to Direct TV very soon.

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
ATT has their new U verse program they let people use for 1 month free.
It's internet and TV, but only up to 4 TV's.
Pretty good service for about $50 less than cable. They're offering it only where they have fiber optic.

Direct seems to be the best for us.

Funny to wake up in the middle of the night and the wife has the erotic channels on.