IMG_6042.jpg

IMG_6040.jpg

IMG_6044.jpg

IMG_6045.jpg

IMG_6041.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ricks raft

Reaction score
The Chris crafts were very nice. Clean, mature, Rich looking.
If you're looking for a toon this was the place. meh...
A Bayliner booth had a little runabout with a 90 Merc for 25. Neat little entry boat.
The 19ft baron was an neat boat. Great family skier, with a lot of room without having to do a bow Rider. Butif they're 79, nope.
Half the performance boats had the same interior in them.
I guess I just don't get that Parvati. 6000 things going on at once. The total opposite of the Chris crafts, I guess I'm just too old.

Was my thoughts. Wake boats as big as yaghts. Pavarti might be the ugliest boat I've ever seen. Guess I'm getting old and can't afford any of em anyways:)

Taboma

Reaction score
Yes it's a new model. The guy told me the hull is the old Cole mold. It was a really nice boat. It was a walk thru open bow. Show price was 69k. Its 25 feet..

Do you think it's a Cole 250S with a single OB ? Isn't that ProXS just a 250 ? If it's based off the Cole 250S mold, I'd think a 400 or 450R would be a better choice. :confused:
But then that's going to run more than $ 69K for sure. Just seems like it would be under powered.

rlemn8r

Let's go to the river..
Reaction score
Do you think it's a Cole 250S with a single OB ? Isn't that ProXS just a 250 ? If it's based off the Cole 250S mold, I'd think a 400 or 450R would be a better choice. :confused:
But then that's going to run more than $ 69K for sure. Just seems like it would be under powered.
That's what he said. I didn't ask the hp of that motor. They modified the swim step to add the outboard. They also have a demo unit for sale with the 8.2 ho and and outdrive for the same price. They had a flyer there of that one.

sintax

Reaction score
Their boats were stunning.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I was actually really surprised by their boats as well. I thought they were really nice and classic looking. The wood really steps up the game some, I didnt get a look at the prices though.

highvoltagehands

Laveycraft Nuera 2750
Reaction score
Great job Throttle. :) Hopefully peeps will be posting more coverage soon.
More Lavey, Hallet, & Shockwave pics would be greatly appreciated. :cool:

rvrrun

Reaction score
I don’t know how we could have walked right past the Chris Craft and not noticed it. I would have loved to see one up close.

King295

Well-Known Inmate #20225
Reaction score
Since @throttle pulled off some solid content from his LA Boat Show trip I figured I'd add the few photos I took from this morning when my and my wife made a quick run.

Overall I thought it was a great show. All manufacturers and vendors were very welcoming but not overly pushing sales. I went to eye a few things including a new ski/wake boat. To be honest I'm not sure I can stomach to stroke a check for a six figure boat but my wife was not against it which means the wheels are now fully in motion. We currently have a Supra and love it but the new creature comforts are pretty trick.

Here is Nautique's new Paragon. It is impressive to say the least. A family member has a new Super Air Nautique that I have spent quite a bit of time behind the wheel and they are definitely kick ass boats but unless you are a full time dock crusher surfer, I don't see the allure.

IMG_8770.jpg

My wife loved the colors on this MasterCraft NXT. It looked to be a well built/equipped boat and to be honest fits our needs the best:

IMG_8775.jpg
IMG_8773.jpg

Here is the price tag on the Avalon windshield toon I asked about earlier in this thread. To be fair it has twin o/b's and is just flat out bitchin.

IMG_8776.jpg

Now for what I primarily came for. First off, these new boats are HUUUUGGEEE! We spent some time chatting with a sales guy out of Phoenix. I almost spilled the beans and pulled the checkbook out for the white one, but to be honest we don't surf at all (slalom, wake board and wake skate if anything) and more than anything its just me and my wife cruising and relaxing. I would never use 4,000 lbs of ballast (hell I don't even use my current 900 lb ballast system) but these boats are pure comfort with performance to do anything you want:

IMG_8778.jpg
IMG_8777.jpg

And of course we had to swing by the RDP booth and pick up some swag. Great quality all around and stoked on some new gear.

IMG_8780.jpg

Last edited:

DWC

Reaction score
Since @throttle pulled of some solid content from his LA Boat Show trip I figured I'd add the few photos I took from this morning when my and my wife made a quick run.

Overall I thought it was a great show. All manufacturers and vendors were very welcoming but not overly pushing sales. I went to eye a few things including a new ski/wake boat. To be honest I'm not sure I can stomach to stroke a check for a six figure boat but my wife was not against it which means the wheels are now fully in motion. We currently have a Supra and love it but the new creature comforts are pretty trick.

Here is Nautique's new Paragon. It is impressive to say the least. A family member has a new Super Air Nautique that I have spent quite a bit of time behind the wheel and they are definitely kick ass boats but unless you are a full time dock crusher surfer, I don't see the allure.

View attachment 833672

My wife loved the colors on this MasterCraft NXT. It looked to be a well built/equipped boat and to be honest fits our needs the best:

View attachment 833675 View attachment 833674

Here is the price tag on the Avalon windshield toon I asked about earlier in this thread. To be fair it has twin o/b's and is just flat out bitchin.

View attachment 833676

Now for what I primarily came for. First off, these new boats are HUUUUGGEEE! We spent some time chatting with a sales guy out of Phoenix. I almost spilled the beans and pulled the checkbook out for the white one, but to be honest we don't surf at all (slalom, wake board and wake skate if anything) and more than anything its just me and my wife cruising and relaxing. I would never use 4,000 lbs of ballast (hell I don't even use my current 900 lb ballast system) but these boats are pure comfort with performance to do anything you want:

View attachment 833679 View attachment 833678

And of course we had to swing by the RDP booth and pick up some swag. Great quality all around and stoked on some new gear.

View attachment 833681

Great stuff. Thanks for sharing. PS. That white boat is clean as hell. Very nice

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score
Retail was 79k with the 250 on it. I am sure they would come off that number though.
I assume that is the price with it being optioned out like crazy, otherwise they are out of their minds..........especially with a 250....[emoji1787][emoji1787]

hallett21

Reaction score
I assume that is the price with it being optioned out like crazy, otherwise they are out of their minds..........especially with a 250....[emoji1787][emoji1787]

Compared to the interceptor no question.

DrunkenSailor

Reaction score
That little baron was bad ass. They were talking a decent mph number with the 250 too. compared to the other ski boats at the show it was a bargain. The 210 with the 450 was big $$$.

Tank

Reaction score

would ya look at that? Interesting flooring in the DCB. Moving away from sea deck / gator step I see. Setting the trend again maybe?

the Chris crafts are super nice. Toured their factory and ran a 24 or 27 (can’t remember now) in their little private lake when we tested one for powerboat mag. Impressive factory, boats history and build. Bring all your pennies, The 27 is around 300k!!

nrbr

Reaction score
Some bitchin hardware! Sorry I missed it. Show had been lackluster for me for a few years but really cool to see guys stepping up again. Thanks for posting

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Getting this loaded cooler in and out must be fun!

img_6009-jpg.833161

You don’t need to take it out. It drains into the sponsons. Last year they had vinyl straps that lifted the cooler lid when you raised the seat.
I’m not a fan of this setup but I will say there’s no reason to remove the cooler.

throttle

c ya on da lake
Reaction score
Getting this loaded cooler in and out must be fun!

img_6009-jpg.833161

I know all of our thoughts could be different on this however seeing this last year when the boat was first introduced I liked it. Here are a few of the positives I see in it,,,

[emoji843]Cooler needs to someplace, it’s not taking up floor space
[emoji843]Under the seat cushion keeps it out of the sun
[emoji843]Not many deckboats have deep enough storage under the seat to do this.

Now if money were not a factor, I’m sure another mold could be made and inserted into any area with a drain plug and hose leading to bilge eliminating the cooler completely.

Only negative I have is how performance and tracking could be affected. Generally we don’t like a lot of weight in the front of the boat and I don’t like the feeling of an unbalanced load.

Overall though I like the option, it seems to be very functional and convenient for most family boaters.

throttle

c ya on da lake
Reaction score
How bout another glimpse of the 36 Speedster...

IMG_6129.jpg

IMG_6163.jpg

IMG_6159.jpg

IMG_6158.jpg

The first thing I noticed when sitting down in the driver’s seat was “there is a lot of deck up there in front of that windshield”.
Secondly, while in the seat I noted the windshield had a really cool shape to it. Seemed a bit taller on the side (for reduced wind noise maybe) and dipped slightly around the corner facing the deck (just enough to maybe feel the wind on my forehead if I wanted). Very comfortable, I just wanted to push the sticks all the way forward and imagine the feeling of it’s running surface on the water.

IMG_6154.jpg

The engine hatch seemed to be very solid

IMG_6140.jpg

IMG_6138.jpg

socalrzr

Reaction score
Wife and I went to the show looking for interior ideas and loved that hexagon stitching on the 36 eliminator. We went there thinking diamond and now were torn. lol sometimes too much research is a bad idea.

Also saw someones kid use that m31 removable bow deck as a slide! Cant believe some people.

Anyone else put a deposit down on a gatorstep?

Reactions: DWC

lenmann

Reaction score
Wife and I went to the show looking for interior ideas and loved that hexagon stitching on the 36 eliminator. We went there thinking diamond and now were torn. lol sometimes too much research is a bad idea.

Also saw someones kid use that m31 removable bow deck as a slide! Cant believe some people.

I totally get that Eliminator is trying to change it up with the hex stitching pattern, but every time I see it I think chicken wire...

everbilt-chicken-wire-308400eb-64_1000.jpg

lbhsbz

Putting on the brakes
Reaction score
Am I the only one who gets a twitch when I see the diamond pattern upholstery where the seat backs don't line up with the cushions? Fuck. It's not hard to make it look right.

Backlash

Reaction score
Great thread Throttle thank you!

Glad to see a lot of manufacturers are getting away from covering every part of their boat with their brand name. We get it. It's a DCB, Howard, Essex or whatever. You dont have to have the name etched on every aluminum piece of trim and stitched on every headrest. ;)

DWC

Reaction score

Last year there was a couple kids playing jungle gym in a new Howard. I had to walk away. Absolutely ridiculous

hallett21

Reaction score
Seriously?!?!

You could build a new 210, DCM or even nordic 22 for that!!

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Not sure what the DCMs are going for with a 250-300.

210 at the show with a 450 cost well over 100k

Nordic 22 probably could do 80k with mellow power?

There is quite a pricing spread across the builders. I think it’s safe to say that it’s currently pretty profitable to be building boats lol.