WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Throttle cutting out

Reaction score
I have a 2007 Yamaha 115 four stroke on my pontoon. Been running great. Yesterday after being on a beach for a bit, the engine started cutting in and out. I had to pump the throttle to get the RPMs up to get back up river and get it on the trailer. The engine RPMs seemed to be lagging where the throttle was....as I pumped full throttle and was bring the throttle back the engines revved up then went back down. Not sure If it's a throttle by wire, could that be the issue. Or a fuel filter issue. Brought it home hooked a hose up and It seems to be running fine. Just wondering if I should check something before launching and ending up down river.

throttle

c ya on da lake
Reaction score
I'm not cutting out... I'm still here lurking and eating popcorn.

I however am not familiar with the problem you seem to be encountering, but I might start with fluid levels, filters maybe a plug fouled or even bad gas. hopefully you have been able to resolve the issue.

Lavey29

Floatin Dirty
Reaction score
Could be a variety of relatively minor issues that might cause that like Throttle mentioned. Gas and filters would be the easiest thing to try first. Sounds like it is only doing it under load in the water maybe some vapor lock in a line also due to the heat.