WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Throttle's Teryx build...

djunkie

Broke mo fo
Reaction score
All my buddies have cloth and none of them have had any problems. You guys just need the tops because of your bald heads. :D

You have buddies?:skull Word on the street is bald is in. My wife loves my bald head. :skull

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
You have buddies?:skull Word on the street is bald is in. My wife loves my bald head. :skull

I have buddies...You have butt buddies.:TinkerBell::gayfight There's a big difference. :lmao

throttle

c ya on da lake
Reaction score
you guys are crackin me up..

mine will not be on a trailer often, my ride can begin right across the street. When it does make its way on a trailer, it seems eazy enuf to take the soft top off for the tow/drive.

I was thinking a lil of some of the same... ez on and off whenever and wherever...

throttle

c ya on da lake
Reaction score
brings it to life!!! :D

cageseatswheels.jpg

sparetireandcooler.jpg

Lavey29

Floatin Dirty
Reaction score
Looks great and a good idea to add the spare tire in the back also. Is there a padded center console in the middle of the front seats?

throttle

c ya on da lake
Reaction score
Looks great and a good idea to add the spare tire in the back also. Is there a padded center console in the middle of the front seats?

thank you. no padded center console in the middle. that is a stock hard plastic that covers the air filter. However I have found a guy that has a carbon fiber one that may also ventilate a little better, just wondering if he will ever call back...

throttle

c ya on da lake
Reaction score
c'mon you two, give me something to work with here... reall pros and cons of hard and soft tops. rd brought up a good point that I noticed late nite while we were out, while sittin on top of a ridgetop the moon and stars were awesome.

djunkie

Broke mo fo
Reaction score
c'mon you two, give me something to work with here... reall pros and cons of hard and soft tops. rd brought up a good point that I noticed late nite while we were out, while sittin on top of a ridgetop the moon and stars were awesome.

Since your cage is already done you might as well just have a soft top made. To do an aluminum roof you needed to have some tabs welded onto the cage for the roof to fasten to. I do think the aluminum is a better setup though. I don't know how some here can say that the soft top is easier to take on and off though cause its not. They really need to look into what Zeus tabs are. :skull

throttle

c ya on da lake
Reaction score
Since your cage is already done you might as well just have a soft top made. To do an aluminum roof you needed to have some tabs welded onto the cage for the roof to fasten to. I do think the aluminum is a better setup though. I don't know how some here can say that the soft top is easier to take on and off though cause its not. They really need to look into what Zeus tabs are. :skull

yeah, I am with ya on the needing to have had the tabs done earlier... the only thing i did tabs for was buggie whips, rear view mirror and light bar. Thanks Dave, hope all is well, been a while since I seen you!

djunkie

Broke mo fo
Reaction score
yeah, I am with ya on the needing to have had the tabs done earlier... the only thing i did tabs for was buggie whips, rear view mirror and light bar. Thanks Dave, hope all is well, been a while since I seen you!

Everything is good. Pool party soon at the river. I'll let ya know when.

throttle

c ya on da lake
Reaction score
i have learned they are a little sensitive but I love the way they make the seat lower and sit a little further back... :D

throttle

c ya on da lake
Reaction score
Is this the one you are looking at ......

TERYXCARBONCONSOLE4.jpg

TERYXCARBONCONSOLE3.jpg

that looks nice, but I dont think its the same. I dunno... But what I do Know is that I have not got a call back from "jim". no biggie for now, I'm in a holding pattern for stereo install in another week or two.

throttle

c ya on da lake
Reaction score
holding pattern...

contomplating sound system, 4 speakers, sub console, amp and an ipod connection....

ssvworks for the sub and pods?

throttle

c ya on da lake
Reaction score
didnt take long to get over 400 miles on this baby...

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
holding pattern...

contomplating sound system, 4 speakers, sub console, amp and an ipod connection....

ssvworks for the sub and pods?

hard to go wrong with the ssv kit....

Biggest issue will be your battery. If you don't add an alternator or larger battery your run time wont be great and you have the chance of being stranded.

If your building a cruiser/party machine the weight wont be a big deal. If your trying to stay light and simple I would get a race radio set up where you can hook up an ipod when your not talking.

throttle

c ya on da lake
Reaction score
the other thing i am concerned with is being able to get shiat wet... you know, hosing things off a bit after some of these dirty rides we have been on...

I am thinking of using the ssvworks pods and some other speakers in them.

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
the other thing i am concerned with is being able to get shiat wet... you know, hosing things off a bit after some of these dirty rides we have been on...

I just have the pods and put in some waterproof polk momo speakers....

My amp is mounted under my seat.

I have never had an isue with water. My lights and stereo killed a blue top odyssey pretty fast though...lol

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

I have the pods and the SSV sub and I love it! I'd definately recomend going with them. :)

RD

throttle

c ya on da lake
Reaction score
I just have the pods and put in some waterproof polk momo speakers....

My amp is mounted under my seat.

I have never had an isue with water. My lights and stereo killed a blue top odyssey pretty fast though...lol

I really dont think there is any room under my seats for the amp. I am considering under the hood somhow against firewall maybe. I dunno...

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I really dont think there is any room under my seats for the amp. I am considering under the hood somhow against firewall maybe. I dunno...

The SSV works kit mounts it under the hook.. When Cole Trickle and me tried to put it in, I ended up just putting it on the bed..

It' all getting redone and will be mounted under the hood now.

RD

throttle

c ya on da lake
Reaction score
well, after focusing some energy elsewhere... Its time to get back on track with this thing soon...

soft top being made this week... going with black and a black mesh down the middle.

throttle

c ya on da lake
Reaction score
the new top came out nice... :D

I removed the headlight inserts and the grill for some carbon fiber treatment. statndard 2 weeks for this I'm sure.

throttle

c ya on da lake
Reaction score
i will be checking out some new led light bars (i hope). and led buggy whips...:skull

throttle

c ya on da lake
Reaction score
LED light bar needed... really soon. Crap maybe another set of tires too, lol.

1K miles now :)

LuckyStrike

Just Plain Crazy
Reaction score
went to the expo on saturday looking for tires and wheels... nuthin to see or buy there, so before driving home to havasu I stopped at Mission Motorsports in Irvine and picked these up.

newitpwheels.jpg

:thumbsupIhave The Same Ones Nice:D

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
That exhaust sounds bad ass on the Teryx. Make sure you get it tuned right.

You're not kidding on the tuning, it actually does make a big difference in the tune.. My was popping and backfiring all over the place when I first got it.

RD

throttle

c ya on da lake
Reaction score
added the msd cdi box too... and another set of tires.

picking it up in two weeks, NOT...

tomorrow:D

djunkie

Broke mo fo
Reaction score
added the msd cdi box too... and another set of tires.

picking it up in two weeks, NOT...

tomorrow:D

Find somewhere to get it dyno tuned. It'll be worth it. When I put my Muzzys on I thought I had it tuned right. I took it to the Pro Shop and had it dyno tuned and they got me an additional 6hp over what I had it tuned at.

GET SOME

Reaction score
X2 for the pro shop... They know how to dail it in.. Night and day difference.

throttle

c ya on da lake
Reaction score
added the msd fuel/ignition controller and the dual muzzy exhaust...

holy crAp, this thing is so different...

performance review... knock ur sOcks off fast! stock, I ran 52/53 at best. With new setup, I ran this thing at 63 and ran outta room to let her fly... plus I was kinda a chicken, dont need a ticket. Cant wait to get her in the dirt/sand... someplace to let it go...

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
added the msd fuel/ignition controller and the dual muzzy exhaust...

holy crAp, this thing is so different...

performance review... knock ur sOcks off fast! stock, I ran 52/53 at best. With new setup, I ran this thing at 63 and ran outta room to let her fly... plus I was kinda a chicken, dont need a ticket. Cant wait to get her in the dirt/sand... someplace to let it go...

did they pave your street yet???

throttle

c ya on da lake
Reaction score
did they pave your street yet???

finally, about 2/3 weeks ago... :D

I am still trying to clean everything up in da house and garage... thankfully i put the boat down in a storage unit for 3 months in between uses while they were doing all the work. crazy.