WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Throttle's Teryx build...

djunkie

Broke mo fo
Reaction score
You gonna be out at all during the week of turkey day Cam?

throttle

c ya on da lake
Reaction score
You gonna be out at all during the week of turkey day Cam?

i have to work thursday and friday... it looks like I will be back on sat for about a week. are you guys gonna ride someplace?

throttle

c ya on da lake
Reaction score
glamis bound...

cant wait to see the difference with the extra power from exhaust and fuel/ignition controller :D

throttle

c ya on da lake
Reaction score
glamis.jpg

throttle

c ya on da lake
Reaction score
time to re-focus... Need some lighting!!!

looking at Rigid and vision x, I am looking for low profile 40inch led lightbar.

Suggestions... opinions?

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
time to re-focus... Need some lighting!!!

looking at Rigid and vision x, I am looking for low profile 40inch led lightbar.

Suggestions... opinions?

There both nice and exspensive....

Try black rhino for the Rigid...They were talking how they had unbeatable prices on the teryx forums a couple weeks back.

Get some LT on that thing:):p

throttle

c ya on da lake
Reaction score
So, I went with the baja design... Its a single row 40 inch LED bar. 3500 lumen output per 10 inch section... night time may turn into daytime! Getting ready for the sand/dirt :)

Last edited:

throttle

c ya on da lake
Reaction score
no return phone calls leads to me searching for someone else to help me fabricate a bar to mount and install new led lightbar and new led buggie whips... any suggestions in havasu?

Sig Ep Mock

Reaction score
no return phone calls leads to me searching for someone else to help me fabricate a bar to mount and install new led lightbar and new led buggie whips... any suggestions in havasu?

Axia Alloys makes a bunch of bitchen Billets mounts for LED bars, Whip mounts, etc...that don't require you to have to weld to your cage.

Thanks,

Chris

throttle

c ya on da lake
Reaction score
Axia Alloys makes a bunch of bitchen Billets mounts for LED bars, Whip mounts, etc...that don't require you to have to weld to your cage.

Thanks,

Chris

already had the tabs made when the cage was made... I had someone make a bar to mount new baja design LED lightbar and no calls back. The bar was made and was suposed to be sent for powdercoat and now no calls or texts back... nothing invested i guess, just need to fabricate new bar to mount between tabs.

as for the whip mounts, i had tabs made for those too when cage was built but the pre wiring was never done that i was told would be... so... need to remove cage and run all the wiring inside tubing and figure out what to do with switches onn dash and or make new dash plate(?).

throttle

c ya on da lake
Reaction score
rockstar customz. Pretty sure there still there.

maybe (?) last time i talked to him, he was working out of his garage and only doing things for selected peeps i think. i no longer have his number... if you have it, maybe you can pm it to me.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

Thanks,

Chris

I like there stuff quite a bit.

I heard riverdave can fab up some mounts:skull

I don't fabricate anything.. Only machining. Fabricating is in reference to welding etc.

RD

Sig Ep Mock

Reaction score
already had the tabs made when the cage was made... I had someone make a bar to mount new baja design LED lightbar and no calls back. The bar was made and was suposed to be sent for powdercoat and now no calls or texts back... nothing invested i guess, just need to fabricate new bar to mount between tabs.

as for the whip mounts, i had tabs made for those too when cage was built but the pre wiring was never done that i was told would be... so... need to remove cage and run all the wiring inside tubing and figure out what to do with switches onn dash and or make new dash plate(?).

Got it. If you were closer I'd say bring it over and we could take care of that in a Saturday. Maybe hit up some of the SoCal shops like Tim at SDR, they could take care of the light bar mount at least.

Chris

throttle

c ya on da lake
Reaction score
I finally have had time to get all the wiring and new switches done for the headlights, lightbar and whips... I picked up some three way switches and a dana marine billet switch plate for the dash.

picking it up tomorrow!!!

pics to follow :D

throttle

c ya on da lake
Reaction score
teryx13.jpg

teryx12.jpg

teryx11.jpg

Again, prop go out to 3D motorsports for a clean install :D

I cant wait to give everything a test ride soon!

djunkie

Broke mo fo
Reaction score
Question, will the power steering keep the wheel from getting jerked out of your hand if you hit a rut or big rock ?

Yep!!!

Sent from my iPhone paid for with Union money. :D

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Question, will the power steering keep the wheel from getting jerked out of your hand if you hit a rut or big rock ?

Yep!!!

If it does you're going to be breaking tie rods.. Something has to give.

The power steering is bitchen for not wearing you out on long rides if your riding hard though..

RD

djunkie

Broke mo fo
Reaction score
If it does you're going to be breaking tie rods.. Something has to give.

The power steering is bitchen for not wearing you out on long rides if your riding hard though..

RD

Haven't broke anything on mine yet. And I know you've seen the way I drive it. :D

L84ZRVR

Reaction score
power steering is the way to go i have it on my teryx

throttle

c ya on da lake
Reaction score
fixed it for you. :D

jerked or jacked...

ok, so steering and clutch next...

but after just buying a new trailer and getting all these other things done, its time to enjoy it for the season... anymore work is gonna have to wait... the boat and house are coming up in the rotation, time for some other things to get done. :D

throttle

c ya on da lake
Reaction score
pci radio / intercom / headsets

anyone have good or bad to say about them? Looking for some feedback if any.

djunkie

Broke mo fo
Reaction score
pci radio / intercom / headsets

anyone have good or bad to say about them? Looking for some feedback if any.

They're cool if everyone you ride with has them. I have headsets with some of the GMRS radios I have. Wanted to try them out as a cheaper alternative. But like I said, everyone would have to have them for it to be worth it. I've never felt the need for them for in car communication. And I don't like the idea of playing music through them. Would drown out too much of the outside noise for my liking.

Sig Ep Mock

Reaction score
I have the rugged radio four seat setup in the jeep and like it but the reality is that it doesnt get used much. We do use the VHF radios all the time for car to car but the jeep is so enclosed the hand held mic works fine. The rzr though is loud enough with no windshield that I am putting in the two person set up. At speed in the rzr it is hard to talk to the person next to you so the headsets will be nice and it saves me from adding the weight of a stereo. :) Car to car is a must have, especially when running mixed groups like jeeps, sxs, and bikes. Not sure if that helps or not.

Chris

throttle

c ya on da lake
Reaction score
gonna get some service done next week on the teryx and want to swap out the stock headlights with a hid conversion kit... what kind should I be looking at?

throttle

c ya on da lake
Reaction score
time for swinging doors :hmm

gonna do some looking around at the sand show this weekend :D

I talked to LTI the other day, kinda liked his philosophies. Gotta keep it real tho too $$$ :D

throttle

c ya on da lake
Reaction score
I dont understand why its so hard to find someone to come thru and get work done...

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score
He will have my teryx on friday :D

Headed to glamis as soon as he is done, thank you.

Where are you going to be? We are meeting some people at Gecko 2.5.

throttle

c ya on da lake
Reaction score
Where are you going to be? We are meeting some people at Gecko 2.5.

sounds like a wash :(

I prefer gecko too (much cleaner), but the white trash that I'm gonna meet out there will have camp set before I arrive. With trips to the hill, the flagpole and the drags, we should catch up with a cold one or two.