WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Tilt/trim gauge installation question

Mototrig

Reaction score
When installing a complete kit from start to finish, are there a few units to recommend? Any brand to steer clear of? Not looking for crém de la crém. Something to match my silver Autometers. Going onto a volvo penta 280 drive.
image7-1.jpeg

image3.jpeg

Shlbyntro

Ultra Conservative
Reaction score
Sierra/seastar makes a good quality product that doesn't break the bank. I notice a lot more failures from Faria/Beede than those. Im sure they have something similar to your current setup as well

Last edited:

Mototrig

Reaction score
Sierra/seastar makes a good quality product that doesn't break the bank. I notice a lot more failures from Faria/Beede than those. Im sure they have something similar to your current setup as well
Thank you sir 🍺

Mototrig

Reaction score
I would have never thought Autometers sold a trim gauge. Perfect fit.

I'm also looking for more than just the gauge, I was looking at installing the entire system. You'd recommend the seastar complete sending unit kit?

Shlbyntro

Ultra Conservative
Reaction score
I don't believe they make one for your drive. For that, you would have to get the sender components from Volvo and they are proud of those MFers. I just had a customer opt for me to install a clock on his Cobalt where the trim gauge used to be if that tells you anything

Mototrig

Reaction score
I don't believe they make one for your drive. For that, you would have to get the sender components from Volvo and they are proud of those MFers. I just had a customer opt for me to install a clock on his Cobalt where the trim gauge used to be if that tells you anything
Alright so that clears everything up for me. Wasn't sure if I had to use drive specific or if there was a universal.
I've had to replace my bell housing and flex plate, Volvo Penta was very proud of them LoL
Thanks for the input.

Mototrig

Reaction score
Welp....after seeing the prices of what I need from Volvo Penta I found what I'm gonna stick in the dash now 😁😁
Screenshot_20210309-184839.png