WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Tim McDonald Victims

beertruck

Reaction score
So I called today checking on restitution, and to update my address, and asked about the $1,200 that was on Tim's possession when he was booked. This money was taken as evidence, and was supposed to be dispersed to the victims. The courts did not have this money, and were not aware of it until my call. Apparently it was still in evidence with the Lake Havasu police department. Since my call the they called Lake Havasu to request the funds, and will be sending them out two weeks after they receive them.
This is probably all we will receive for several year I assume, and after that it will still be pennies on the dollar.

beertruck

Reaction score
Sorry for your loss, but I literally laughed out loud at "They will be sending funds out two weeks after they receive them".
Apparently even though the check will be coming from another government agency ( lake Havasu Police Department) they need to wait to make sure the check will clear.
Got to love the system.

lakemadness

Grobe Bruste Bitte
Reaction score
Don’t forget to subtract attorneys fees, court fees and whatever else from the 1,200 before it gets sent out in “two weeks”!

throttle

c ya on da lake
Reaction score
what a shitty deal, so sad.

but really? the "two weeks" joke is no joke and as several inmate's think it gets old... it doesn't, because its reality.

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score
Don’t forget to subtract attorneys fees, court fees and whatever else from the 1,200 before it gets sent out in “two weeks”!

I wouldn't expect Doyle to be excited to handover anything....I'm sure that money was long ago "re-purposed." Kinda funny the courts knew nothing about it...that speaks volumes about LHCPD.

Tank

Reaction score
So I called today checking on restitution, and to update my address, and asked about the $1,200 that was on Tim's possession when he was booked. This money was taken as evidence, and was supposed to be dispersed to the victims. The courts did not have this money, and were not aware of it until my call. Apparently it was still in evidence with the Lake Havasu police department. Since my call the they called Lake Havasu to request the funds, and will be sending them out two weeks after they receive them.
This is probably all we will receive for several year I assume, and after that it will still be pennies on the dollar.

The worst part of your deal is whomever has your old boat most likely knows the deal with it and is hiding it. No one would repaint that boat as it was the most stunning flamed paint job I (and I'm guessing most anyone) had ever seen. So why would you buy that boat if you didn't love the paint. And why would you paint it or wrap it if you weren't hiding it. Not too many 36 Nordics out there to begin with. Yours had the black hull which makes it even more rare unless it was completely painted. Shitty it just disappeared. To me, the buyer is just as bad as the seller.

lakemadness

Grobe Bruste Bitte
Reaction score
The worst part of your deal is whomever has your old boat most likely knows the deal with it and is hiding it. No one would repaint that boat as it was the most stunning flamed paint job I (and I'm guessing most anyone) had ever seen. So why would you buy that boat if you didn't love the paint. And why would you paint it or wrap it if you weren't hiding it. Not too many 36 Nordics out there to begin with. Yours had the black hull which makes it even more rare unless it was completely painted. Shitty it just disappeared. To me, the buyer is just as bad as the seller.

Whats the buyer to do? He paid for it right? Should he just hand it over and eat the loss?

Not all boats remain on the west coast / Havasu. It could be on a lake in the midwest, south, north, etc. Not every boater is on RDP and or has ever heard of Tim and the scam. Its not national news...

Tank

Reaction score
Whats the buyer to do? He paid for it right? Should he just hand it over and eat the loss?

Not all boats remain on the west coast / Havasu. It could be on a lake in the midwest, south, north, etc. Not every boater is on RDP and or has ever heard of Tim and the scam. Its not national news...
There's more to the story. Beertruck has explained it before. The boat was in the Sac area for a long time and hidden. With social media that boat would pop up at some point. Have you seen it? The paint was INSANE.

I don't know if the purchaser from OCM ever got the pink to the boat. If not, then there should be fault on the buyers part as well (you ever buy something and never get the pink?). If the buyer did get a pink but it was a fraudulent doc and the buyer purchased the vehicle with zero knowledge of the fraud / stolen vessel then the buyer could be in the clear but it would STILL be up to the civil court in this case if the seller wished to pursue. And then the insurance company would get involved etc. Buddy of mine got wrapped up with this whole deal. He was able to get one of his boats back as it was just about to be taken out of OCM by employees after this all went to shit and the other boat he got back from the buyer. Buyer was SOL had to sue Tim.

McKay

Reaction score
Many states will issue a new title with just a purchase agreement. AZ for example does not title a boat. I have taken a purchase agreement twice to our DMV on boats and got a title within a week.

beertruck

Reaction score
person that purchased the boat was a drug dealer from Sacramento. Feds tried to seize the boat as a asset from the drug selling, but did not know the location of the boat. They stopped looking for it when they found out I was still the legal owner, with title in my possession, and. coast guard documentation.
I believe it's in a warehouse somewhere just sitting waiting for the dealers release.

BajaT

Reaction score

System is set up at the Superior Court so that any monies received for that case will go to restitution ordered by the court prior to any other fines and fees.....

Last edited:

Duramax

Reaction score
I know all the stories, but never got real specific. This is the black v bottom with the bad ass "real flames" that was all over Hot Boat and such? Yeah, somebody is sitting on that. Even with a wrap. Shitty. Sorry for everyone.

Duramax

Reaction score
person that purchased the boat was a drug dealer from Sacramento. Feds tried to seize the boat as a asset from the drug selling, but did not know the location of the boat. They stopped looking for it when they found out I was still the legal owner, with title in my possession, and. coast guard documentation.
I believe it's in a warehouse somewhere just sitting waiting for the dealers release.
Shit, just saw your response.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Many states will issue a new title with just a purchase agreement. AZ for example does not title a boat. I have taken a purchase agreement twice to our DMV on boats and got a title within a week.
Just making fun here.......so you got an Az? title for boats even though Az doesn't issue titles? 😉😊

beertruck

Reaction score
whatever happened to that Tim guy ?
Lake Havasu businessman sentenced to prison

DAVE HAWKINS, Special to the Daily News

Jul 29, 2020 8:30 PM

LAKE HAVASU CITY — A former Lake Havasu City businessman is going to the Arizona Department of Corrections after a Mohave County judge rejected pleas for probation during a hearing earlier this month.
Tim McDonald, 48, was given a 41/2-year prison sentence, the maximum punishment possible under terms of a plea agreement accepted by Judge Billy Sipe.
Deputy Mohave County Attorney James Schoppmann told a trial jury that McDonald formerly operated the Offshore Custom Marine boat consignment business in Lake Havasu. Schoppmann said the enterprise would sell boats for people who agreed to pay 10% commission.

Schoppmann told jurors that McDonald kept the proceeds, depriving customers of payment for their watercraft. Defense attorney Mark Mendoza told jurors that McDonald never intended to steal from customers and that he used their money in a failed bid to keep his struggling business afloat.
The jury found McDonald guilty of theft in February, but was unable to reach unanimous verdicts on 13 other counts. Those were resolved with McDonald’s guilty plea to attempted fraudulent schemes.
Mendoza and McDonald requested probation so McDonald could work to use income to pay restitution to his victims.
Sipe said that victims were financially devastated by McDonald’s criminal conduct and that he would have spent life in prison had he been convicted of all counts. Sipe said he could not overlook the fact that McDonald essentially stole $915,000 from 14 victims.
Sipe said he was “almost offended” when McDonald testified at trial, blaming his wife and business for the plight of his victims.
“You took no responsibility whatsoever,” Sipe told McDonald. “You basically tried to disassociate yourself from any of those losses.”
In addition to the prison sentence, Sipe ordered McDonald to reimburse his victims. Their losses range from $5,000 to $305,000.

BajaT

Reaction score
1606915330534.png
1606915330534.png

Inmate 344504
Last NameFirst NameMiddle Initial
MCDONALDTIMD
GenderHeight (inches)WeightHair Color
MALE69159BALD
Eye ColorEthnic OriginCustody ClassAdmission
GREENCAUCASIANMinimum/Lowest08/12/2020
Prison Release DateRelease Type
Projected Eligible Release Date
03/07/2024CSBD
ComplexUnitLast MovementStatus
Most Recent LocationAs of Date
SAFFORDASPC-S FORT GRANT08/26/2020ACTIVE
Inmate Mailing Address

beertruck

Reaction score
So I received my first restitution debit card today. (apparently they send debit cards instead of checks??) $137 down, only 89K left to go. He'll have this paid off in no time.
He's probably working double shifts at the laundry to get it done. If he gets a $600 check from the government, I'll get another $60 from him.

cofooter

Reaction score
So I received my first restitution debit card today. (apparently they send debit cards instead of checks??) $137 down, only 89K left to go. He'll have this paid off in no time.
He's probably working double shifts at the laundry to get it done. If he gets a $600 check from the government, I'll get another $60 from him.
How many people are waiting in line? Gotta make you feel at least a little better that the guy is in jail and paying for his crime even though he'll never make up your loss......

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
You are a better man than I...
And he must be worse than I ever was...

I equate everything to how many hours I have to work to own it, or in relation to my first home...I could never steal that much of someone's life, but I'm fairly sure I'd figure a way to beat that much life out of them.

spectras only

Reaction score
It sucks that these scammers are more afraid of gangsters [ guy who bought your boat ] than the law. Obviously, Tim is bloody scared of the guy to spill his name and whereabouts ,so you could fight him in court to get your boat back.