WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Tim McDonald

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
He will probably walk with a fine and probation at this point. I can’t imagine they are gonna retry a white collar non violent crime. They don’t have the money or time I’d bet. Seems like such a clear case of fraud though. He’s a scum bag and he will probably end up in a hole in the desert I’m guessing. He stole enough money to earn that type of ending.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Everyone he stole from still has something to lose, and nothing to gain by killing him. Nothing is going to happen to this guy.

Singleton

Reaction score
Shocked
Karma has to catchup to this POS soon

Sense a plea deal coming - witnesses are not going to want to travel again

Lunatic Fringe

Reaction score
Go to any large public event, grab 12 random people and try to have an intelligent conversation with them. You'll be sorely disappointed in how stupid we are as a whole.
This outcome is less the fault of the jury as it is the prosecutor. He simply failed to present the facts in a dumbed down way they could all follow.

Instigator

Just Livin up to My Name
Reaction score
Even if he was convicted on all counts and ordered to pay restitution all it would ever amount to is a handful of judgements and judgements are really nothing more than a legal plaque to hang on your wall.
Sucks but it is the truth today.
Kinda makes some wish we still lived in the wild west. Vigilante justice might not have always been such a bad thing after all.

Slats

Reaction score
I haven’t said much about this because I just wasn’t sure what to add to the conversation. But it’s disgusting that he(Tim) didn’t get slapped with every charge. I guess the jury can’t afford a boat and are out of touch with the work that goes into buying,owning,and maintaining a boat. It’s a labor of love. That we all pay dearly to enjoy. I can only hope that the victims will get some type of justice in the future. I can almost guarantee that Tim won’t have anything to do with a restitutions payment. It still blows my mind about the hung jury. Really. Ooops I’m sorry for poor business skills you all can pay for my living expenses. Our judicial system sucks. He should fry for this.

hallett21

Reaction score
Not saying this is what happened. But it should make everyone think twice about trying to be an extremist when it comes to jury duty.

It’s a duty as a citizen and should be taken seriously if you care about how people are prosecuted. Guilty or innocent.

I need to look back in my posts but I know I said he’d weasel his way out.

He either bought people off (not really that unlikely) or he knew exactly how this was going to play out. Either scenario explains why he’s been so calm throughout the whole process.

You don’t have that kind of confidence without knowing the deck is stacked in your favor.

boater250s

Reaction score
After sitting on 11 jury trials in my lifetime, only one ended in a hung jury. I even sat on a jury with that same judge in that same court room 5 or 6 months ago, in an assault case. We found him guilty. I will say, when you. Get 12 people in a jury room, anything can happen. The defense only needs that one person (in this case they found two). It appears to me that he was guilty, however people have to remember he was not found "not guilty" and he could be retried. If the county doesn't have the resources that's another problem.

DLC

Reaction score
What was his defense ?

how many people testified about not being paid.

doesn't make much sense. Seems like they should of had more concrete evidence in the book keeping and bank records and tax filings

rrrr

Reaction score
This makes me wonder about the qualifications of the prosecution team. They should have had enough evidence to make this a slam dunk.

Of course the fact those two jurors voted against conviction for multiple counts just shows they have a bias against the rule of law and believe The Man is always on the back of the little guy.

Fucking imbeciles.

Willie B

aberrant member
Reaction score
...Having spent a week in a motel in Kingman... When I broke the transfer case in my Ford 4 x 4 diesel ...if that’s where the jury pool came from then I am not the least bit surprised...I don’t mean to demean the people of Kingman or the county where the jury pool came from...but???...Horry Fook...If the jury pool is anything like the guy who rebuilt my transfer case ...who gets a score of two out of a possible ten...Made it home but no further than that... I had to have stern words with him and tell him how it was going to eventually work out... Nice as hell guy but his reasoning skills and his ability to see the big picture were poor...So???...
... I’m kind of with whoever has mentioned did the prosecution actually do a good job???Dunno???...

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Not saying this is what happened. But it should make everyone think twice about trying to be an extremist when it comes to jury duty.

It’s a duty as a citizen and should be taken seriously if you care about how people are prosecuted. Guilty or innocent.

I need to look back in my posts but I know I said he’d weasel his way out.

He either bought people off (not really that unlikely) or he knew exactly how this was going to play out. Either scenario explains why he’s been so calm throughout the whole process.

You don’t have that kind of confidence without knowing the deck is stacked in your favor.

He isn’t a mob boss.. and he doesn’t have two nickels to rub together..

He didn’t even pay the attorney. Which by the way I gotta get that guys number holy shit.
Why do people keep saying he bought someone off?

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score

He didn’t even pay the attorney. Which by the way I gotta get that guys number holy shit.

Same reasoning people say Trump is some kind of a powerful tyrant.

People are all excited because this is something that hits them personally, they get the feels and build this guy up in their mind.

People do this all the time positively and negativity.

Looking Glass

1 = Well = Known = Member
Reaction score
The information that I have read here along with the people taking time and expense to travel to Kingman,I do not understand this verdict. I have had in the back of my mind for some time that if these last two charges are dropped or he is aquitted on them in a retrial,is a Slander Suit next. I can see if these Attorneys are working for free and see any chance of collecting $'s they may say what the Hell. They can bring all the news paper articles and what ever and where ever anything negative said about him drug to Trial.
Nothing suprises me in this world any more.

hallett21

Reaction score

On paper maybe. How hard would it be to have stashed cash away?

He ran the same scam in Oregon right?

Then have someone approach a juror. 5-10k to the right person can go along way.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
On paper maybe. How hard would it be to have stashed cash away?

He ran the same scam in Oregon right?

Then have someone approach a juror. 5-10k to the right person can go along way.

Let’s get a grip here. He’s not El Chapo. He’s not tampering with the jury.

The bottom line is it is not illegal to run a business poorly. If the prosecution can’t fully prove intent to rip these people off, it is gonna be hard to nail him for a crime. So the defense portrays him as a victim of his own success that got behind, made some bad decisions, was a victim of the bad decisions of others, and could not recover.

And here we are.

Last edited:

j21black

Reaction score
I was awarded $1700 in restitution after I helped convict a dickbag thief back in 2001...I've since received a grand total of $7.64, split between 2 checks, 8 months apart. All anyone can hope for here is that he spends time in prison and someone takes it out on his ass.

Sell it to a collections company.

squeezer

Reaction score
...Having spent a week in a motel in Kingman... When I broke the transfer case in my Ford 4 x 4 diesel ...if that’s where the jury pool came from then I am not the least bit surprised...I don’t mean to demean the people of Kingman or the county where the jury pool came from...but???...Horry Fook...If the jury pool is anything like the guy who rebuilt my transfer case ...who gets a score of two out of a possible ten...Made it home but no further than that... I had to have stern words with him and tell him how it was going to eventually work out... Nice as hell guy but his reasoning skills and his ability to see the big picture were poor...So???...
... I’m kind of with whoever has mentioned did the prosecution actually do a good job???Dunno???...

You have a valid point here:

Screen Shot 2020-03-04 at 7.49.08 AM.png

hallett21

Reaction score
Let’s get a grip here. He’s not El Chapo. He’s not tampering with the jury.

The bottom line is it is not illegal to run a business poorly. If the prosecution can’t fully prove intent to rip these people off, it is gonna be hard to nail him for a crime. So the defense portrays him as a victim of his own success that got behind, made some bad decisions, was a victim of the bad decisions of others, and could not recover.

And here we are.

Fair point. But you don’t need to be the mob or El Chapo to buy someone off either lol.

rmarion

Stop The Steal
Reaction score
what a DISAPPOINTMENT in our judicial system.....

TIM IS A F.ING CROOK,THIEF, LOWLIFE, SCUMBAG.......
SMH

spectras only

Reaction score
Everyone he stole from still has something to lose, and nothing to gain by killing him. Nothing is going to happen to this guy.
Exactly, nothing will happen, no retribution, no jail time for him. You want to bet? :p

spectras only

Reaction score
Hey guys call me paranoid but I would watch what you say about violence against this dickbag on a public forum..........just sayin!!!!
Nobody said anything about scoring against the dirtbag. The fact is , you wrong a gangster or affiliates, you either dead or maimed. We had a situation in Vancouver a while ago. Robber went into a sporting goods store not knowing it was operated by the local angels, fronting the store operator who promptly pulled a baseball bat and broke the perp's legs. Perp hired a lawyer who quickly found out who he needs to deal with. Needless to say, charges were dropped,lol. And yes, you wouldn't want to ask help to teach Timmy a lesson either, he's protected by the law.;):(
There were some shady characters attending some of the local poker runs in the past you wouldn't want to mess with!:eek:

Instigator

Just Livin up to My Name
Reaction score
You have a valid point here:

View attachment 850945
Try as you may Squeeze using your typical liberal tactics your post has ZERO proof of anything relative to the jury pool or this conversation and only shows that Kingman is predominately made up of Republicans however using the data that you have provided it is Very Easy to point out that your data may just prove the following.
2 of the jurors were nothing more than the Lazy un-employed Liberal Democrats that had the time to make a few small dollars to fuel their drug or booze habit by serving a few days on a jury trial and were probably too high to understand anything that took place in the court room in the 1st place.
LOL
Which one seems more realistic? Your theory or mine?
LMAO

Dirty Daytona

Reaction score
Nobody said anything about scoring against the dirtbag. The fact is , you wrong a gangster or affiliates, you either dead or maimed. We had a situation in Vancouver a while ago. Robber went into a sporting goods store not knowing it was operated by the local angels, fronting the store operator who promptly pulled a baseball bat and broke the perp's legs. Perp hired a lawyer who quickly found out who he needs to deal with. Needless to say, charges were dropped,lol. And yes, you wouldn't want to ask help to teach Timmy a lesson either, he's protected by the law.;):(
There were some shady characters attending some of the local poker runs in the past you wouldn't want to mess with!:eek:
I didn't say anyone made a direct threat I was just suggesting how a defense attorney could turn it into, "Oh my poor client is in fear of his life." I don't know this guy and certainly don't give 2 fucks about him, he sounds like a piece of shit. I totally get what you are saying about fucking over the wrong people......."Play silly games, get silly prizes!!!!!"

boater250s

Reaction score
Last time I served jury duty in Kingman. The trial I was on most of the people were from Bullhead and Havasu.

sirbob

Reaction score
The other thing that I am having a hard time understanding is how they could deliberate 17 (?) charges in less than one day. If I was the judge and they came back hung in a few hours, I would have sent them back to the jury room for at least a few day to a week.

There is no way to fully examine the evidence in that many charges, review testimony etc in that short amount of time.

Last edited:

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
The other thing that I am having a hard time understanding is how they could deliberate 17 (?) changes in les than one day. If I was the judge and they came back hung in a few hours, I would have sent them back to the jury room for at least a few day to a week.

There is no way to fully examine the evidence in that many charges, review testimony etc in that short amount of time.

It wouldn’t have taken me 60 seconds to render a verdict of guilty after hearing from all the victims..

wallnutz

Reaction score
Nothing.
As you know all too well, squeeze and the cheerleader are deep in the throws of chronic TDS.

On topic, it boggles the mind that dude is going to skate.
Crime really does pay I guess.
I know, I just like to hear the nonsense from the horse's mouth.

Yes on topic. The couple of lawsuits I have been involved in have had juries, to think anything is a slam dunk is crazy. Seems there was enough evidence to get a better conviction on this guy.

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
Nothing.
As you know all too well, squeeze and the cheerleader are deep in the throws of chronic TDS.

On topic, it boggles the mind that dude is going to skate.
Crime really does pay I guess.
Is this your once a week post that you post everyday...lol :p

beertruck

Reaction score
Still many of us willing to travel for another trial. Only this time the defendant will be a convicted felon.
Very disappointed in the outcome of this trial and some of the jurors, but this is not over yet.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
The tone of the thread reminds me of a shop up here that took off. I think it was called "Sand and Street" He was a shop doing LS swap stuff. It seems he didn't show up one day...the heat was on. A couple of BIG fellows showed up, asking shops in the area questions. They gave out cards, with phone numbers on them. They made it clear it would be worth your while to contact them and not LE. Numbers were out of Vegas, as were the plates on the Navigator.

Tha guy was picked up in Pa a couple years after. Tried to enroll his kid in school I think. Heard he and his wife were doing time.

dribble

Reaction score
After sitting on 11 jury trials in my lifetime, only one ended in a hung jury. I even sat on a jury with that same judge in that same court room 5 or 6 months ago, in an assault case. We found him guilty. I will say, when you. Get 12 people in a jury room, anything can happen. The defense only needs that one person (in this case they found two). It appears to me that he was guilty, however people have to remember he was not found "not guilty" and he could be retried. If the county doesn't have the resources that's another problem.

When a defendant is found Not Guilty he can't be re-tried per the Double Jeopardy clause in the Constitution. The murderer OJ was found not guilty. Even if he comes out and says "I did it" or if a video surfaced showing him doing it, he can't be re-tried. Tim McDonald can only be re-tried on the counts the jury was deadlocked on.

Last edited:

sirbob

Reaction score
It wouldn’t have taken me 60 seconds to render a verdict of guilty after hearing from all the victims..

its hard to argue that I guess - but seriously with differing views I would expect them to be forced to debate it a little longer.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
its hard to argue that I guess - but seriously with differing views I would expect them to be forced to debate it a little longer.

15-20 guys walk in with the same story about not getting paid on boats, boats disappearing, title loans on boats that aren’t his etc?
Not sure what it takes to convince a jury in Kingman.. but good lord.

Carlson-jet

Not Giving A Fuck Is An Art
Reaction score
It wasn't the jury, it was a weak and kindred D.A.
Real good evidence speaks for itself.
The state couldn't make a proper case.
Sorry to those who lost and I hope there is enough time for you to make yourselves whole again.

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
here's the fact.... he can prove that he used the proceeds from the sales to pay company debt, even though he most likely took to large of a salary... that's not a crime...if there was no company, and he said there was … that would be a crime... as of now,... he's just not good at business and managing company funds... what the law could do is shut down the business....but being it is shut down.... not much can happen...what ever happen to cactus....nothing..I see this al the time in my business...he'll open up again down the road...

Looking Glass

1 = Well = Known = Member
Reaction score
It wasn't the jury, it was a weak and kindred D.A.
Real good evidence speaks for itself.
The state couldn't make a proper case.
Sorry to those who lost and I hope there is enough time for you to make yourselves whole again.

Where you at the trial?