WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Time for a new bank

Rvrluvr

CLAMP ON RACING
Reaction score
I moved to TX. No US bank branches. Its a pain in the ass. I cant deposit $$ anywhere without massive fees or holds. Checks are too large to do deposits over the app. Been a long time with em but they gotta go

Not a fan of BofA

Not sure about all these “local” banks. They have charges up the wazoo.

I need personal and corporate acct.
any recommendations?

Shlbyntro

Ultra Conservative
Reaction score
My personal and business accounts are with Navy Federal Credit Union which treats me very well. A local credit union that I have never heard a bad thing about is Randolph Brooks Credit Union.

Many businesses I know around here use Prosperity Bank, I can't tell you good or bad about them but no check I've received from that bank has ever bounced :)

RCDave

Reaction score
Amegy Bank is great in the great state of texas

bowtiejunkie

Reaction score
Here’s a screenshot of the top banks operating in Texas (2018). Might help you explore what each has to offer. I’m still doing primary banking with a CU in San Jose, and also Wells Fargo. No commercial banking for me though. Everyone has a horror story about the big banks. Good luck.

A6A5714D-29DF-4248-AAD9-B4F1F01ADCDC.png

ChumpChange

Commercial Banker
Reaction score
Almost ended up at Frost Bank back in the day. Got all the way to the CEO and then the position got filled by the person who departed in the first place. Depending on where you're at, I have an old manager that manages the Plano office of Chase. Boater as well. Was on the forums back in the HB days and he kept his Ultra 24 in my garage before moving to Texas.

In Houston area, I have the highest contact at BBVA although they just got acquired by PNC so I would want to see how the dust settles before making that move. If you're gonna end up being there forever, pick any bank. If you might come back, pick Chase or Wells as that would allow you to not have to go through this again if you ever come back.

Done-it-again

Reaction score
I opened a BlueVine account for my LLC. It’s business only and simple.

also opening an account with.
Randolph-Brooks Federal Credit Union

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score

Check into Jefferson bank... I use them for my personal and business dealings in Texas. Resting Bitch Face Credit Union (RBFCU's nickname) is decent for certain things..they are huge...and more of a bank now than a credit union.

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score
I moved to TX. No US bank branches. Its a pain in the ass. I cant deposit $$ anywhere without massive fees or holds. Checks are too large to do deposits over the app. Been a long time with em but they gotta go

Not a fan of BofA

any recommendations?

We use Jefferson Bank for both personal and business. We do a decent amount of business with Broadway Bank also. It all depends on where you are... The regional banks will bend over backwards to help you if you are a good client.

Done-it-again

Reaction score
Check into Jefferson bank... I use them for my personal and business dealings in Texas. Resting Bitch Face Credit Union (RBFCU's nickname) is decent for certain things..they are huge...and more of a bank now than a credit union.

RBFCU's had low land loan rates....and only using them for that. BlueVine is a online only business bank and doesn't report deposits to CA.. This is for my Montana LLC that leases my trailer back to me.

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score
RBFCU's had low land loan rates....and only using them for that. BlueVine is a online only business bank and doesn't report deposits to CA.. This is for my Montana LLC that leases my trailer back to me.

Ah that makes total sense... If you buy any other bare land..capital farm credit is a good resource here...idk what their current rates are. We've worked with them before.

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
Damn when did you move to Texas? I’m jealous

Melloyellovector

Reaction score

Not a fan of BofA

any recommendations?
Credit union, LCUA I do large remote deposits never an issue Corp account

Cray Paper

Reaction score
I have had so many bad experiences with Bank of America that I now actively try to steer people away from them. I was with them for 20+ years and they don't give a shit about loyal customers. They are the Mc Donald's of the banking industry. I have been with Key Bank and BECU credit union for several years now and they have both been great to work with. BoA sucks and should only be used if you have no other options.

CarolynandBob

Reaction score
We have a credit union out of San Diego that we have been with for 25ish yrs. Now that we are in TN and FL we needed one close, but really did not want to give up the credit union.

We went with Regions saving account, which is no cost if you keep something like $500 in it. That way we can do deposits if needed. Then we linked Regions and are credit union and can move money back and forth.

Rvrluvr

CLAMP ON RACING
Reaction score
I live in a small town, Springtown TX but am only 20 min from multiple big banks. I think there is a prosperity in town. I was thinking wells fargo but idunno....i hate BIG banks. BofA.....NEVER!! Fun fact, my wife's great grandpa started BofA but lost all his shares to gambling i think. Idunno the whole story but i sure wish she was still tied to it. Lol

I did find out friday i have a new issue. I can not open a bank account without a Texas ID😡. I have to keep my CA drivers license for my company ins. They wont ins a TX resident. I own property in CA still so its just way cheaper & easier to keep my trucking ins & licensed in CA. I am ins & licensed to work anywhere in the country i want

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score
I did find out friday i have a new issue. I can not open a bank account without a Texas ID😡. I have to keep my CA drivers license for my company ins. They wont ins a TX resident. I own property in CA still so its just way cheaper & easier to keep my trucking ins & licensed in CA. I am ins & licensed to work anywhere in the country i want

Says who? We have accounts at both Jefferson and Broadway which are both local regional banks... My business partner and I both have Hawaii Drivers licenses... I have a personal account with Jefferson as well. My wife and I have a joint...she has a Hawaii ID as well. It was never an issue. We gave them a utility bill i think on personal to prove address...but that was it. We have no desire to claim residency here...so we don't change id's since we still own our home back in HI (we have a renter in it).

Edit: Hell we have accounts at Mohave (or whatever they want to change the name to this week, i've stopped trying to keep up with it 😂 ), TX, WA, HI and MT Banks...The local id thing is something i've never seen or hear of.

Last edited:

CarolynandBob

Reaction score
I opened the Region bank account in TN with a Florida license.

TX Foilhead

Reaction score
The local ID may be a Credit Union requirement, they have to have something that is common between all members. Frost is the biggest Texas bank on that list, don’t know if they are common that far from San Antonio. I use First United, they are regional from that area and have spread down I35 to Austin and north to OKC.

Rvrluvr

CLAMP ON RACING
Reaction score
Says who? We have accounts at both Jefferson and Broadway which are both local regional banks... My business partner and I both have Hawaii Drivers licenses... I have a personal account with Jefferson as well. My wife and I have a joint...she has a Hawaii ID as well. It was never an issue. We gave them a utility bill i think on personal to prove address...but that was it. We have no desire to claim residency here...so we don't change id's since we still own our home back in HI (we have a renter in it).

Edit: Hell we have accounts at Mohave (or whatever they want to change the name to this week, i've stopped trying to keep up with it 😂 ), TX, WA, HI and MT Banks...The local id thing is something i've never seen or hear of.
i tried to open an acct at first national buleson since the guy i haul for banks there. Makes cashing chls easy. They took all my info then said nope. Need tx id 🤷‍♂️

Rvrluvr

CLAMP ON RACING
Reaction score
Can't you just get a Texas ID and keep your CA drivers license?
Im workin on it. Yes u can. You can not just walk in & wait here. Must have an appt. my appt is april 29th I think 🙄. My kids are here this weekend so im not looking into it too hard untill tuesday

JDub24

American Bad-Ass!!
Reaction score
USAA...

Not a fan of BofA

any recommendations?

Turnup

Reaction score
Not a fan of BofA either but a big fan of $75k mobile deposit x the 6 other accounts attached = 450k in potential checks runs thru the app. I go way back with Bank of LA so they do alot of favors without making it a hassle so worth it to stay vs moving. 😬

USMC2010

Reaction score
Navy Federal Credit Union, Chase and I still have an account at Bank of the West I may or not close someday. Fk Bank of America, worst institution I ever used and that was almost 30 years ago, I don't see them any better today. If I had to recommend only 2 options use Chase and or any credit union local to where you live.

ChumpChange

Commercial Banker
Reaction score
i tried to open an acct at first national buleson since the guy i haul for banks there. Makes cashing chls easy. They took all my info then said nope. Need tx id 🤷‍♂️

I’d escalate that. Or it’s just a bank policy.

BingerFang

Reaction score

Stay away from the “line of credit” blue vine will try to push on you.

Stick with a traditional bank or credit union if you need an actual LOC.

Done-it-again

Reaction score
Stay away from the “line of credit” blue vine will try to push on you.

Stick with a traditional bank or credit union if you need an actual LOC.
Thanks for the info. So far so good, my company deposits money in the the LLC account for leasing my trailer to me. Need to show moneys moving to take deductions. Other banks reported money deposits to CA. This is the only reason.

its been very quite but only hand the account for a month. Thanks for the insight.

Havoc Powesports

Reaction score
I use Point Bank for all my business banking. not sure if one is close to you. I also have chase bank for some personal money only when we travel do to them cock suckers being everywhere.. Only reason why I have Chase..