WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Time To Boycott Nike

Singleton

Reaction score
Most likely they have been paying Colon K. since 2011.
They have been, since he was under an endorsement contract.
Why Nike renewed the contract in this fashion is beyond my pay grade. I was always taught, don’t play with fire and IMO, CK is fire. MSM will be saying how great this is, while a large percentage will not be happy.

Old Texan

Honorary Warden #377 Emeritus - R.I.P.
Reaction score
And one more year goes by the idiot doesn't play football......He gets a paycheck and further distances any chance he could be signed due to the controversy he surrounds himself with by being a martyr for a subject he is to ignorant to explain.

The guy's shown he has physical talent, but lacks the mental ability to be effective, on field and off. He hooks up with some radical female and she uses her pussy to manipulate him into using his position on the field to advance her agenda. Dummy falls for it and ends his career during his most potentially productive years.

Nike shows they'll do anything to sell product by taking on such a controvercial topic. Good business? The ad crew that thinks so, better hope so, or they'll be sitting beside the football fuckup on the curb.:rolleyes:

Waffles

Banned
Reaction score
Nikes target demographic is very different than the NFL's target demographic.

In the new alignment, the company will drive growth by deeply serving consumers in 12 key cities, across 10 key countries: New York, London, Shanghai, Beijing, Los Angeles, Tokyo, Paris, Berlin, Mexico City, Barcelona, Seoul, and Milan. These key cities and countries are expected to represent over 80 percent of Nike’s projected growth through 2020.

https://news.nike.com/news/nike-consumer-direct-offense

I have $100K or so in Nike stock that started out as $20K in the early 2000's... Have no intention of selling it just yet. ;-)
What's Nikes target demographic?
This should be good lol

Sent from my FRD-L14 using Tapatalk

propcheck

Reaction score
My biggest concern is that Nike is trying to rewrite the history of C.K.

The fact is he sucked.

If you have a bad performing employee who is not doing what you pay him for you fire them.

Now Nike is spinning this bullcrap that he is a martyr and only lost his job because of his beliefs.

He no longer plays in the NFL because his level of talent does not surpase the negative effects he brings to a franchise.

Justfishing

Reaction score
You don't start a movement by disrespecting people based on a false narrative.

It wasn't just the kneeling it was also his sock that says pigs suck. When the evidence came out in Ferguson it showed Brown was attacking the policeman. Everything was twisted and not supported by facts. This lead to a lot of unrest and the killing of police in Dallas and nyc.

Sure there are bad cops but to portray all cops as bad is not the right thing to do. It only creates more unrest.

Most of the problems in the black community are self inflicted. Single mothers, drug use, crime rates and failure to get an education are within thier control. If ck wanted to make a difference he would have addressed those issues.

I hear 50 times more black on black shootings than police shootings of blacks. Unjustified police shootings is even a smaller percentage.

What he did that day was hold up his middle finger to America and say all of the police officers out there risking thier lives are pigs that deserve to be shot like those in Dallas, NYC and elsewhere and to white America we hate you.

He had a chance to standup and address the real issues but instead he threw gas on a fire.

He has a right to protest but the NFL let him use thier platform to deliver a hate filled message. Now they are both paying the price.

Is it courage to hate? I say no. If he was courageous he would have addressed the issues in the black community and come up ideas to improve police relations. I am not saying police are perfect but the blm protest featured people holding thier hands up saying don't shoot. The irony is if they had put thier hands up and cooperated they would not have been shot.

Let's be honest ck is a hater but is given a pass.

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
I suggest anyone try the Rebox DMX lines of shoes.
Damn comfortable and they send 3 for 2, 50% off specials in the email with free shipping.
Only shoes I’ll wear.

Keymyster

Reaction score
40905554_1961620870804584_8678919253446885376_n.jpg

squeezer

Reaction score
What's Nikes target demographic?
This should be good lol

Sent from my FRD-L14 using Tapatalk

Which region? EMEA, NA, China, Emerging markets... I thought the 12 city offense for 80% growth was pretty clear but maybe your reading comprehension is not what it should be.

Nike Inc ( Nike, Converse, Jordan, Hurley, etc) or Nike Brand ( Running, Basketball, GFB, Cleated, NSW, YA...???)

Do you want a hard look back at prior sales or a guess at forward trends?

Seasonal by sport and geography's or the long term brand direction?

... Because they are all different.

Tell you what, I will concede to not being able to precisely define Nikes target demographic. I will however state with 100% confidence that it is NOT somebody who thinks it’s OK to shoot unarmed black kids.

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
Nike is in the middle of a $15B stock buy back...

They didn’t lose a dime, just managed to get a better deal for the buy back...
Same thing happened when there was outrage about child sweat shops in Vietnam were making the shoes. Did people boycott Nike then?

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
I defer back to the target demographic...

This move increases sales and shareholder value for a ton of reasons the least of which is not the fact that CK is not ( In spite of what Trump insists) protesting or disrespecting the flag or the military any more than Rosa Parks was protesting the bus.

Are you seriously elevating and comparing a privileged millionaire athlete (loosely defined) who grew up in an upper class home with a college education, with a TRUE civil rights pioneer and hero of our past?

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Pat Tillman is an American Hero...

Sacrificed Millions of $$$, time with his family and most importantly, his life. All for what he believed in.

Thats the only NFL Jersey I would wear.

If they want a modern era ball player with a track record of selfless actions and “just doing it”...look no further than JJ Watt.

squeezer

Reaction score
Are you seriously elevating and comparing a privileged millionaire athlete (loosely defined) who grew up in an upper class home with a college education, with a TRUE civil rights pioneer and hero of our past?

That depends...

Are you truly saying CK’s kneeling is about the US Military or the flag?

Xring01

Reaction score
That depends...

I am,

I am saying CK's kneeling during the National Anthem is disrespectful to the US Military who are willing to sacrifice everything in support of that Flag Standing at the End of the Day..

I cant help it that he cant find a better way to protest the police... thats his own fault..

F that POS MFCKR...

Explain how the National Anthem has anything to do with the Police or Police Brutality

Call me over the top if you want,
But I still get goose bumps when I stand up with my hand over my heart, or saluting that flag during the national anthem. I consider it an honor to spend 8 years of my life with some the best people on the planet in support of this nation. It wasn't easy, but it made me the man I am today. For that I am forever grateful.

Last edited:

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
That depends...

I think his kneeling has/ had NOTHING to do with the smallest shred of any personal or social conviction that he might claim as motivation. I think he’s too stupid to be a crusader of any cause beyond himself.
I think his girlfriend influenced him, and it certainly put him back in the spotlight and back to a revenue stream that doesn’t rely on his subpar “talent”.

The sports figures that truly give back and truly make a difference don’t rely on ESPN as their vehicle.

Old Texan

Reaction score
That's just how arrogant squeezie is.....He could care less about Kap. He's just here to fuck with anyone who isn't a blind liberal like himself that feels he got fucked by the right thinking side of government.

squeezer

Reaction score
I am,

I am saying CK's kneeling during the National Anthem is disrespectful to the US Military who are willing to sacrifice everything in support of that Flag Standing at the End of the Day..

I cant help it that he cant find a better way to protest the police... thats his own fault..

F that POS MFCKR...

Explain how the National Anthem has anything to do with the Police or Police Brutality

You are of course welcome to your own wrong ass opinion but keep this in mind. CK's first protest kneel was in August of 2016, its two years later and still makes headline news.

Old Texan

Reaction score
I think his kneeling has/ had NOTHING to do with the smallest shred of any personal or social conviction that he might claim as motivation. I think he’s too stupid to be a crusader of any cause beyond himself.
I think his girlfriend influenced him, and it certainly put him back in the spotlight and back to a revenue stream that doesn’t rely on his subpar “talent”.

The sports figures that truly give back and truly make a difference don’t rely on ESPN as their vehicle.
That's my take on Kap.....Kid ain't smart enough to know when a piece of tail is using his fame and money.

A fool and their money are soon parted is his mantra.

Old Texan

Reaction score
You are of course welcome to your own wrong ass opinion but keep this in mind. CK's first protest kneel was in August of 2016, its two years later and still makes headline news.
And he's still without a team and a job outside of being a shill for a shoe company that will dump him the instant they determine he ain't bringing any return.

squeezer

Reaction score
That's just how arrogant squeezie is.....He could care less about Kap. He's just here to fuck with anyone who isn't a blind liberal like himself that feels he got fucked by the right thinking side of government.

And its really easy to do...

Since you guys chased off 530 and nganga the level of arguments the tighty righties are making has fallen to shit flinging monkey status. I had hopes that the Pre-Trump Racey would return but so far no luck.

Xring01

Reaction score

So, I responded to your questions, with specifics reasons why I believe what I believe..
But your only response: "Wrong Ass Opinion"

Explain how the National Anthem is tied directly to Police???
Explain why kneeling during the National Anthem isn't disrespecting the people of the Armed forces???

I have never called your dumb or wrong, and I will not do that, because I believe in the freedom of speech, and love it when people dig the hole deeper when they are trying to figure our how to get out of a position they cant win.

If you cant answer those two questions in a brief concise manner, then you might want to consider why kneeling during the anthem is offensive to over 50% of the people of this country.. Should be offensive to all of them.

Any business that choose's to offend 50% of there customers of there largest market, is pretty stupid. Lets see if the CEO of Nike survives this debacle, or blames it on his marketing VP... I am willing to bet someone will lose a job over this.

Last edited:

squeezer

Reaction score
So, I responded to your questions, with specifics reasons why I believe what I believe..
But your only response: "Wrong Ass Opinion"

Explain how the National Anthem is tied directly to Police???
Explain why kneeling during the National Anthem isn't disrespecting the people of the Armed forces???

I have never called your dumb or wrong, and I will not do that, because I believe in the freedom of speech, and love it when people dig the hole deeper when they are trying to figure our how to get out of a position they cant win.

If you cant answer those two questions in a brief concise manner, then you might want to consider why kneeling during the anthem is offensive to over 50% of the people of this country.. Should be offensive to all of them.

Any business that choose's to offend 50% of there customers of there largest market, is pretty stupid. Lets see if the CEO of Nike survives this debacle, or blames it on his marketing VP... I am willing to bet someone will lose a job over this.

First I would like to see your source on the claim that 50% of the population in the country is offended by kneeling during the anthem. Sounds about as valid as the claim Trump had the biggest inauguration crowd of all time... PERIOD ;-)

Moving on from there.

I don't need to explain anything as CK has been crystal clear on this from day one.

Kaepernick and his 49ers teammate Eric Reid say they choose to kneel during the anthem to call attention to the issues of racial inequality and police brutality. "After hours of careful consideration, and even a visit from Nate Boyer, a retired Green Beret and former NFL player, we came to the conclusion that we should kneel, rather than sit during the anthem as a peaceful protest," said Reid. "We chose to kneel because it's a respectful gesture.

During a post-game interview on August 26, 2016, he stated, "I am not going to stand up to show pride in a flag for a country that oppresses black people and people of color. To me, this is bigger than football and it would be selfish on my part to look the other way. There are bodies in the street and people getting paid leave and getting away with murder", adding that he would continue to protest during the anthem until he feels like "[the United States flag] represents what it's supposed to represent."

You want to know what I do find insulting to the military and the flag, the fact that the DOD paid millions of dollars to the NFL to get them to play the anthem and hold other "Patriotic" events at games. This is not some centuries old tradition that is in question here. The NFL players were not normally on the field during the anthem before 2009. I find it insulting that people like yourself tout the troops sacrifice to defend liberties such as free speech but then are aghast when somebody actually exercises that liberty in an effective manner. The threat to what we hold dear in this country are the people trying to silence CK. Sinclair Lewis is credited for saying it best.

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross"

Singleton

Reaction score
First I would like to see your source on the claim that 50% of the population in the country is offended by kneeling during the anthem. Sounds about as valid as the claim Trump had the biggest inauguration crowd of all time... PERIOD ;-)

Moving on from there.

I don't need to explain anything as CK has been crystal clear on this from day one.

Kaepernick and his 49ers teammate Eric Reid say they choose to kneel during the anthem to call attention to the issues of racial inequality and police brutality. "After hours of careful consideration, and even a visit from Nate Boyer, a retired Green Beret and former NFL player, we came to the conclusion that we should kneel, rather than sit during the anthem as a peaceful protest," said Reid. "We chose to kneel because it's a respectful gesture.

During a post-game interview on August 26, 2016, he stated, "I am not going to stand up to show pride in a flag for a country that oppresses black people and people of color. To me, this is bigger than football and it would be selfish on my part to look the other way. There are bodies in the street and people getting paid leave and getting away with murder", adding that he would continue to protest during the anthem until he feels like "[the United States flag] represents what it's supposed to represent."

You want to know what I do find insulting to the military and the flag, the fact that the DOD paid millions of dollars to the NFL to get them to play the anthem and hold other "Patriotic" events at games. This is not some centuries old tradition that is in question here. The NFL players were not normally on the field during the anthem before 2009. I find it insulting that people like yourself tout the troops sacrifice to defend liberties such as free speech but then are aghast when somebody actually exercises that liberty in an effective manner. The threat to what we hold dear in this country are the people trying to silence CK. Sinclair Lewis is credited for saying it best.

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross"

Perception is reality. Almost everyone I know (including multiple members of the military) all state taking a knee during the NA is inappropriate and insulting to the military. You think otherwise, so we agree to disagree on that item.

Now, when you have to explain over and over and over again that your kneeing is not against the military, etc but is in support of racial concerns, you have an issue. No one is listing to your concerns, when you have to explain over and over again why you are protesting. I also don’t see anything from these players during the off-season, and they only protest during the season when on TV. Lost all respect for all of them when you only support your cause when your on TV. If they used the platform and did something Feb-Aug, I might be typing something else.

Tank

Reaction score
And its really easy to do...

Since you guys chased off 530 and nganga the level of arguments the tighty righties are making has fallen to shit flinging monkey status. I had hopes that the Pre-Trump Racey would return but so far no luck.

Squeeze, I don’t think it’s a right or left issue. I think it’s a right or wrong issue. When Trump got involved the trump haters made it a left or right issue because their (your) rage against trump has blinded you to what is right and what is wrong. Politics absolutely aside, you continue to refuse to address the core issues. So here’s the points very clearly spelled out. Feel free to counter said points.
1) If our military and a great majority of the population is offended by kneeling, how can you discount those feelings and views by simply saying “it’s not disrespectful because that’s not what it’s about”. Again, perception is reality.
which brings me to my second point.
2) again, I’ll give you another comparison, like the pissing on your door one - if pro-life protestors showed up at your kids grade school to protest abortion everyday as the school bus was let off while holding signs with aborted fetuses and dead babies, would you sit back and say, that’s their right to protest even though there would be outrage from parents and the message is obviously lost in the disrespectful delivery. You’d be ok with that too eh? Or would you consede that sometimes (like in this case) the means don’t justify the end.
3) you say CK is still relevant and you’re absolutely right. But not for the reasons he states he wants. He’s relevant because people believe the NFL players kneeling are disrespectful. That’s the only thing keeping it relevant. What has CK cause done to change what he feels is unjust?
4) ferguson (his rally point) was based on false narrative. He never addressed that, just kept on trucking with his agenda, which to me shows he doesn’t truly seek any change. He seeks to promote hate and disodense.
5) there is so much true good an NFL player could do in the community or even do to shed light on police brutality. But it would require education on his part not just blanketed bias. The irony of CK is not lost for He himself is no better than the bigots that groups a race into one lump sum of hate.
6) the right to protest is not protected at your place of work. It’s not ok to use the NFL as your platform to protest. End of story. There’s endless examples of this (Tebow being fined for praying ring a bell?)

In the end I think those that refuse to really look at the facts of the matter and only glob onto the fact trump dislikes it have compromised their own integrity due solely to political stance...which is sad.

Xring01

Reaction score

Moving on from there.

You need to re read all my posts on this subject...
I specifically stated that CK has the right to do what he wants..... and he has the right to kneel...
I never stated that its illegal..
What I stated is very simple.. that people who take offense to his actions, choose not to support him or the NFL, should be be considered a racist...

You have not answered either of the questions I have posed, yet I have gone out of my way to address all of yours, see below.

Last edited:

Xring01

Reaction score
The top two results via a google search, took 2 seconds.

https://www.cnn.com/2017/09/29/politics/national-anthem-nfl-cnn-poll/index.html

Overall, 49% say the protesting players are doing the wrong thing to express their political opinion when they kneel during the National Anthem, while 43% say it's the right thing. Those views are sharply divided by race, partisanship and age.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...-anthem/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.ac1b71e511bf

A slight majority of Americans say it’s never appropriate to kneel during the national anthem in protest according to a Washington Post-Kaiser Family Foundation poll, a sign that player protests draw persistently passionate reactions as the National Football League adopts a new policy to discourage demonstrations.

The NFL announced Wednesday that teams could be fined if players do not stand while the national anthem is played before games next season, though individual teams could decide whether to punish players individually. The new policy also gave players the option to remain in the locker room during the Star Spangled Banner.

Overall, 42 percent of U.S. adults said it is sometimes appropriate to protest by kneeling during the national anthem while 53 percent said it is “never appropriate” in the Post-Kaiser survey conducted in January and February.

Hullbilly

Reaction score
You need to re read all my posts on this subject...
I specifically stated that CK has the right to do what he wants..... and he has the right to kneel...
I never stated that its illegal..
What I stated is very simple.. that people who take offense to his actions, choose not to support him or the NFL, should be be considered a racist...
Don’t waste your time with that troll....

Xring01

Reaction score
8DA4F0D6-3F3F-4110-8AFD-796C1382946A.jpeg
3rd on the list

https://www.aol.com/article/news/20...port-leagues-national-anthem-policy/23443820/

Buy a significant margin, NFL fans are in favor of the league’s new policy regarding the national anthem, according to a Yahoo Sports/YouGov poll.

When asked if they support or oppose the new policy, which states teams will be fined if players “do not stand and show respect for the flag and the [national] anthem,” 53 percent of self-described NFL viewers said they support the policy, with 32 percent opposing.

Shall I keep going????

Last edited:

squeezer

Reaction score
Squeeze, I don’t think it’s a right or left issue. I think it’s a right or wrong issue. When Trump got involved the trump haters made it a left or right issue because their (your) rage against trump has blinded you to what is right and what is wrong. Politics absolutely aside, you continue to refuse to address the core issues. So here’s the points very clearly spelled out. Feel free to counter said points.

Are you really going to try and make the argument that Trump is on some moral high ground here? This is not a right or wrong issue by any stretch of the imagination. This is a politcal issue from day one. The NFL is paid entertainment, nothing more and often much much less. CK like other before him chose to make a political statement.

1) If our military and a great majority of the population is offended by kneeling, how can you discount those feelings and views by simply saying “it’s not disrespectful because that’s not what it’s about”. Again, perception is reality.

No, reality is reality. The fact that a black man is 2.5 times as likely to be killed in an encounter than a white man is what should be offensive to our military and a great majority of the population.

which brings me to my second point.

2) again, I’ll give you another comparison, like the pissing on your door one - if pro-life protestors showed up at your kids grade school to protest abortion everyday as the school bus was let off while holding signs with aborted fetuses and dead babies, would you sit back and say, that’s their right to protest even though there would be outrage from parents and the message is obviously lost in the disrespectful delivery. You’d be ok with that too eh? Or would you consede that sometimes (like in this case) the means don’t justify the end.

reductio ad absurdum

3) you say CK is still relevant and you’re absolutely right. But not for the reasons he states he wants. He’s relevant because people believe the NFL players kneeling are disrespectful. That’s the only thing keeping it relevant. What has CK cause done to change what he feels is unjust?

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-new...y-oliver-found-guilty-murder-shooting-n904166

I am not qualified to comment on the specifics of this case but this headline is a drastic departure from what we normally read. Is this part of the CK legacy? I don't know and we wont ever know. What I do know is we are still talking about it and that talk reaches the ears of Jury's, Grand Jury's, Prosecutors, Etc.

4) ferguson (his rally point) was based on false narrative. He never addressed that, just kept on trucking with his agenda, which to me shows he doesn’t truly seek any change. He seeks to promote hate and disodense.

OK then, Ferguson being a false narrative means all skin colors are treated equally by all police departments... (See reductio ad absurdum above)

5) there is so much true good an NFL player could do in the community or even do to shed light on police brutality. But it would require education on his part not just blanketed bias. The irony of CK is not lost for He himself is no better than the bigots that groups a race into one lump sum of hate.

You are absolutely right. When a "True Good" Professional Athlete stands up and puts his money where his heart is it is never politicized...As an example lets look at the way Trump embraced and praised Lebron for his efforts associated with his Promise school...

"Lebron James was just interviewed by the dumbest man on television, Don Lemon. He made Lebron look smart, which isn’t easy to do. I like Mike!" (DT)

6) the right to protest is not protected at your place of work. It’s not ok to use the NFL as your platform to protest. End of story. There’s endless examples of this (Tebow being fined for praying ring a bell?)

So fire him from the job and let him find employment with a company that embraces his values... Which is exactly what you are all upset about here. Nike is betting on CK adding to the bottom line. I think they are making a smart bet, You don't...

In the end I think those that refuse to really look at the facts of the matter and only glob onto the fact trump dislikes it have compromised their own integrity due solely to political stance...which is sad.

You lost me when you used Trump and integrity in the same sentence...

squeezer

Reaction score
View attachment 679804 3rd on the list

https://www.aol.com/article/news/20...port-leagues-national-anthem-policy/23443820/

Buy a significant margin, NFL fans are in favor of the league’s new policy regarding the national anthem, according to a Yahoo Sports/YouGov poll.

When asked if they support or oppose the new policy, which states teams will be fined if players “do not stand and show respect for the flag and the [national] anthem,” 53 percent of self-described NFL viewers said they support the policy, with 32 percent opposing.

Shall I keep going????

Yes you should keep going... right to the chapter in your statistics textbook where they talk about selection bias. (IE NFL FANS)

Hullbilly

Reaction score
You lost me when you used Trump and integrity in the same sentence...

Yes keep lashing out, keep making it about race, keep making about fake news, false agendas, keep insulting vets, LEO’s. College taught you well....You are the prime example of why Trump was elected.

Thanks for all you do, and thanks for your service.

Sandlord

Reaction score
CK statement when he first started the kneeling.
"I am not going to stand up to show pride in a flag for a country that oppresses black people and people of color"

squeezer

Reaction score
Yes keep lashing out, keep making it about race, keep making about fake news, false agendas, keep insulting vets, LEO’s. College taught you well....You are the prime example of why Trump was elected.

Thanks for all you do, and thanks for your service.

I'll bite:

Point out where I made anything about race that isn't actually statistically proven to be about race... (Ill wait)

Now that you have realized that is a bit harder than turning on Fox news go ahead and point out all this fake news false agendas that I keep making things about. Unless by "fake news" you mean reality/facts/etc. In that case you got me there.

Insulting vets ??? Not sure what you are talking about here. I must admit to liking Pattons quote along the lines of "No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country..." but come on, thats Patton. You can't not like his quotes.

Insulting LEO's ???? Hmmmmm refresh my memory on where I have insulted a LEO. There is that one time I told the "Ticket to the CHP Ball" joke in college but damm that was pre interweb so it cant be held against me now can it.

But in all seriousness the posts around here are 1000% justification for Trum saying this:

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
Yes you should keep going... right to the chapter in your statistics textbook where they talk about selection bias. (IE NFL FANS)

NFL fans are actually the ones that watch the NFL and are referenced in the poll. That is not bias.

Perhaps you should review the Selection Bias chapter as it pertains to the 2016 election.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score

Moving on from there.

“Effective manner”???

How so?