WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Time To Boycott Nike

wallnutz

Reaction score
What Squeezy and the others are missing here, is when he first started his "protest" and saw that he was offending the wrong target he should have stopped. But no he kept on going which in turn really started to offend the vets and active military and what people perceive what the flag and anthems means to them. I don't like to call people on the internet stupid, but what the fuck, if you can't see he is offending people and not doing anything for his cause but alienating it, well my friend you are stupid. I have family that is active military, and he could see maybe the one time taking a knee for his cause. he understands that's what he fights for. But to keep doing it after many have came out and told him and the NFL that it truly is offensive, that is where most people draw the line and just figure he is a piece of shit, and the people that go along with him are in the same turd bowl. Now if Nike wants to be be in that turd bowl that is their right, just like it's our right not to promote or buy their goods. I'm no wordsmith, hopefully I got what I am trying to say across the way I wanted.

Waffles

Banned
Reaction score
Nikes target demographic is very different than the NFL's target demographic.

Tell you what, I will concede to not being able to precisely define Nikes target demographic.

Steven-Hawking-Laughing-His-Computer-Off-Reaction-Gif.gif

Sent from my FRD-L14 using Tapatalk

boatdoc55

Rest Easy Retired Boat Mechanic 😢🚤
Reaction score
You lost me when you used Trump and integrity in the same sentence...
You were lost when you signed up to the RDP website!!! Maybe all that rain, no not maybe, all that rain has washed your brains out your ears.:rolleyes:

BONER

Reaction score
Nike is winning because of the reaction they're getting. If everybody just sold their Stocks, burned their current Nike wear, and didn't buy again, it would teach them the Lesson they need to be taught. But NNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, everybody wants to lose their shit and freak out. Because these days, talking shit is the new thing.

Let that sink in.

boater250s

Reaction score
84EA4505-A080-4B66-9F3C-B2F620CB65AC.png
People that are in the stock market love money ! protest or not the stock will be fine.

Tank

Reaction score

Squeeze, I don’t think it’s a right or left issue. I think it’s a right or wrong issue. When Trump got involved the trump haters made it a left or right issue because their (your) rage against trump has blinded you to what is right and what is wrong. Politics absolutely aside, you continue to refuse to address the core issues. So here’s the points very clearly spelled out. Feel free to counter said points.

Are you really going to try and make the argument that Trump is on some moral high ground here? This is not a right or wrong issue by any stretch of the imagination. This is a politcal issue from day one. The NFL is paid entertainment, nothing more and often much much less. CK like other before him chose to make a political statement.

Again, trump has nothing to do with it except to those that hate him and will ALWAYS stand on the other side of his opinion(s). It was already an issue before the president weighed in on it. And yes, NFL is a paid entertainment conglomerate that is a private company. Employee's have no rights under the law to protest on companies dime.

1) If our military and a great majority of the population is offended by kneeling, how can you discount those feelings and views by simply saying “it’s not disrespectful because that’s not what it’s about”. Again, perception is reality.

No, reality is reality. The fact that a black man is 2.5 times as likely to be killed in an encounter than a white man is what should be offensive to our military and a great majority of the population.

Ahhhhh, you are absolutely correct. Reality is reality and the reality to a vast portion of military and the country is that it is disrespectful to kneel during the American Anthem. Also, the two have nothing to do with each other. Why can't the public feel the way the protest is conducted is offensive, yet still empathize with the cause? The answer, they can. It doesn't have to be so dramatic. and to that point, statistics are a funny thing - Oh, statistics, I love playing the statistics game. Funny thing about statistics, you may want to look a little closer at the blanket one you threw out. Since we're talking about Police brutality, I'll keep it simple and break down 5 FACTS you may not be familiar with:

1. Cops killed nearly twice as many whites as blacks
2. More whites and Hispanics die from police homicides than blacks
3. Data does show that unarmed black men are more likely to die by the gun of a cop than an unarmed white man, but wait, there's more to that statistic - The “unarmed” label is literally accurate, but it frequently fails to convey highly-charged policing situations. In a number of cases, if the victim ended up being unarmed, it was certainly not for lack of trying. So, unarmed? yes. Violent? Yes.

4. Black and Hispanic police officers are more likely to fire a gun at blacks than white officers.
5. Blacks are more likely to kill cops than be killed by cops.

Oh, and your 2.5 more times likely to be killed than a white male doesn't even take into account that black on black crime succeeds police on black crime astronomically!! But why would CK address that right? Scape goats are way easier to blame than actually addressing the problem.

which brings me to my second point.

2) again, I’ll give you another comparison, like the pissing on your door one - if pro-life protestors showed up at your kids grade school to protest abortion everyday as the school bus was let off while holding signs with aborted fetuses and dead babies, would you sit back and say, that’s their right to protest even though there would be outrage from parents and the message is obviously lost in the disrespectful delivery. You’d be ok with that too eh? Or would you consede that sometimes (like in this case) the means don’t justify the end.

reductio ad absurdum

Not at all actually. The scenario I gave above actually happened in Ventura. It was all over the news as one subject sprayed the protestors with water. Again, the means don't justify the end and the message is lost via the means of protest.

3) you say CK is still relevant and you’re absolutely right. But not for the reasons he states he wants. He’s relevant because people believe the NFL players kneeling are disrespectful. That’s the only thing keeping it relevant. What has CK cause done to change what he feels is unjust?

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-new...y-oliver-found-guilty-murder-shooting-n904166

I am not qualified to comment on the specifics of this case but this headline is a drastic departure from what we normally read. Is this part of the CK legacy? I don't know and we wont ever know. What I do know is we are still talking about it and that talk reaches the ears of Jury's, Grand Jury's, Prosecutors, Etc.

I can bring up endless articles (unfortunately) of police being held accountable for poor decisions, crimes, etc. It's nothing new but those that scream for justice never see those stories, it doesn't fit your agenda does it?

4) ferguson (his rally point) was based on false narrative. He never addressed that, just kept on trucking with his agenda, which to me shows he doesn’t truly seek any change. He seeks to promote hate and disodense.

OK then, Ferguson being a false narrative means all skin colors are treated equally by all police departments... (See reductio ad absurdum above)

I don't even know where you would come up with that response. Groups that support CK continue to call to Ferguson as a rally point. CK never came forward stating he was wrong on that particular topic. Maybe even to the point of opening dialog with police and those that demand justice so there is better understanding on each side of the topic. At one point, he held the position to make something like that happen. That is now gone because of his actions.

5) there is so much true good an NFL player could do in the community or even do to shed light on police brutality. But it would require education on his part not just blanketed bias. The irony of CK is not lost for He himself is no better than the bigots that groups a race into one lump sum of hate.

You are absolutely right. When a "True Good" Professional Athlete stands up and puts his money where his heart is it is never politicized...As an example lets look at the way Trump embraced and praised Lebron for his efforts associated with his Promise school...

"Lebron James was just interviewed by the dumbest man on television, Don Lemon. He made Lebron look smart, which isn’t easy to do. I like Mike!" (DT)

So, again, your answer is defer to Trump? Trump mocked Lebron James when he did something good (which I agree was freakin' stupid for him to do). Doesn't negate the fact the manner in which CK goes about his protests are offensive, like it or not, to many people and there is so many better ways to actively resolve issues. At the end of the day, CK is what he hates, he is a bigot. Long and short of it.

6) the right to protest is not protected at your place of work. It’s not ok to use the NFL as your platform to protest. End of story. There’s endless examples of this (Tebow being fined for praying ring a bell?)

So fire him from the job and let him find employment with a company that embraces his values... Which is exactly what you are all upset about here. Nike is betting on CK adding to the bottom line. I think they are making a smart bet, You don't...

As I recall, Tebow was fined numerous times for prayer on the field and told to stop. He's no longer a player is he?

In the end I think those that refuse to really look at the facts of the matter and only glob onto the fact trump dislikes it have compromised their own integrity due solely to political stance...which is sad.

And you just proved my point that you just go blind anytime Trump is brought into a topic. "Blind Hate" seems to fit the bill. Seems to be the status quo of the left.

wallnutz

Reaction score
Squeeze, I don’t think it’s a right or left issue. I think it’s a right or wrong issue. When Trump got involved the trump haters made it a left or right issue because their (your) rage against trump has blinded you to what is right and what is wrong. Politics absolutely aside, you continue to refuse to address the core issues. So here’s the points very clearly spelled out. Feel free to counter said points.

Are you really going to try and make the argument that Trump is on some moral high ground here? This is not a right or wrong issue by any stretch of the imagination. This is a politcal issue from day one. The NFL is paid entertainment, nothing more and often much much less. CK like other before him chose to make a political statement.

Again, trump has nothing to do with it except to those that hate him and will ALWAYS stand on the other side of his opinion(s). It was already an issue before the president weighed in on it. And yes, NFL is a paid entertainment conglomerate that is a private company. Employee's have no rights under the law to protest on companies dime.

1) If our military and a great majority of the population is offended by kneeling, how can you discount those feelings and views by simply saying “it’s not disrespectful because that’s not what it’s about”. Again, perception is reality.

No, reality is reality. The fact that a black man is 2.5 times as likely to be killed in an encounter than a white man is what should be offensive to our military and a great majority of the population.

Ahhhhh, you are absolutely correct. Reality is reality and the reality to a vast portion of military and the country is that it is disrespectful to kneel during the American Anthem. Also, the two have nothing to do with each other. Why can't the public feel the way the protest is conducted is offensive, yet still empathize with the cause? The answer, they can. It doesn't have to be so dramatic. and to that point, statistics are a funny thing - Oh, statistics, I love playing the statistics game. Funny thing about statistics, you may want to look a little closer at the blanket one you threw out. Since we're talking about Police brutality, I'll keep it simple and break down 5 FACTS you may not be familiar with:

1. Cops killed nearly twice as many whites as blacks
2. More whites and Hispanics die from police homicides than blacks
3. Data does show that unarmed black men are more likely to die by the gun of a cop than an unarmed white man, but wait, there's more to that statistic - The “unarmed” label is literally accurate, but it frequently fails to convey highly-charged policing situations. In a number of cases, if the victim ended up being unarmed, it was certainly not for lack of trying. So, unarmed? yes. Violent? Yes.

4. Black and Hispanic police officers are more likely to fire a gun at blacks than white officers.
5. Blacks are more likely to kill cops than be killed by cops.

Oh, and your 2.5 more times likely to be killed than a white male doesn't even take into account that black on black crime succeeds police on black crime astronomically!! But why would CK address that right? Scape goats are way easier to blame than actually addressing the problem.

which brings me to my second point.

2) again, I’ll give you another comparison, like the pissing on your door one - if pro-life protestors showed up at your kids grade school to protest abortion everyday as the school bus was let off while holding signs with aborted fetuses and dead babies, would you sit back and say, that’s their right to protest even though there would be outrage from parents and the message is obviously lost in the disrespectful delivery. You’d be ok with that too eh? Or would you consede that sometimes (like in this case) the means don’t justify the end.

reductio ad absurdum

Not at all actually. The scenario I gave above actually happened in Ventura. It was all over the news as one subject sprayed the protestors with water. Again, the means don't justify the end and the message is lost via the means of protest.

3) you say CK is still relevant and you’re absolutely right. But not for the reasons he states he wants. He’s relevant because people believe the NFL players kneeling are disrespectful. That’s the only thing keeping it relevant. What has CK cause done to change what he feels is unjust?

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-new...y-oliver-found-guilty-murder-shooting-n904166

I am not qualified to comment on the specifics of this case but this headline is a drastic departure from what we normally read. Is this part of the CK legacy? I don't know and we wont ever know. What I do know is we are still talking about it and that talk reaches the ears of Jury's, Grand Jury's, Prosecutors, Etc.

I can bring up endless articles (unfortunately) of police being held accountable for poor decisions, crimes, etc. It's nothing new but those that scream for justice never see those stories, it doesn't fit your agenda does it?

4) ferguson (his rally point) was based on false narrative. He never addressed that, just kept on trucking with his agenda, which to me shows he doesn’t truly seek any change. He seeks to promote hate and disodense.

OK then, Ferguson being a false narrative means all skin colors are treated equally by all police departments... (See reductio ad absurdum above)

I don't even know where you would come up with that response. Groups that support CK continue to call to Ferguson as a rally point. CK never came forward stating he was wrong on that particular topic. Maybe even to the point of opening dialog with police and those that demand justice so there is better understanding on each side of the topic. At one point, he held the position to make something like that happen. That is now gone because of his actions.

5) there is so much true good an NFL player could do in the community or even do to shed light on police brutality. But it would require education on his part not just blanketed bias. The irony of CK is not lost for He himself is no better than the bigots that groups a race into one lump sum of hate.

You are absolutely right. When a "True Good" Professional Athlete stands up and puts his money where his heart is it is never politicized...As an example lets look at the way Trump embraced and praised Lebron for his efforts associated with his Promise school...

"Lebron James was just interviewed by the dumbest man on television, Don Lemon. He made Lebron look smart, which isn’t easy to do. I like Mike!" (DT)

So, again, your answer is defer to Trump? Trump mocked Lebron James when he did something good (which I agree was freakin' stupid for him to do). Doesn't negate the fact the manner in which CK goes about his protests are offensive, like it or not, to many people and there is so many better ways to actively resolve issues. At the end of the day, CK is what he hates, he is a bigot. Long and short of it.

6) the right to protest is not protected at your place of work. It’s not ok to use the NFL as your platform to protest. End of story. There’s endless examples of this (Tebow being fined for praying ring a bell?)

So fire him from the job and let him find employment with a company that embraces his values... Which is exactly what you are all upset about here. Nike is betting on CK adding to the bottom line. I think they are making a smart bet, You don't...

As I recall, Tebow was fined numerous times for prayer on the field and told to stop. He's no longer a player is he?

In the end I think those that refuse to really look at the facts of the matter and only glob onto the fact trump dislikes it have compromised their own integrity due solely to political stance...which is sad.

And you just proved my point that you just go blind anytime Trump is brought into a topic. "Blind Hate" seems to fit the bill. Seems to be the status quo of the left.
Tank, you got my point out better than I did. Thanks!

Last edited:

playdeep

Reaction score
Anybody catch the race baiting asswipe Stephen A Smith on his show on espn...imploring blacks to go out and buy Nike in support of Kaperdick's cause.

RodnJen

Reaction score
What Squeezy and the others are missing here, is when he first started his "protest" and saw that he was offending the wrong target he should have stopped. But no he kept on going which in turn really started to offend the vets and active military and what people perceive what the flag and anthems means to them. I don't like to call people on the internet stupid, but what the fuck, if you can't see he is offending people and not doing anything for his cause but alienating it, well my friend you are stupid. I have family that is active military, and he could see maybe the one time taking a knee for his cause. he understands that's what he fights for. But to keep doing it after many have came out and told him and the NFL that it truly is offensive, that is where most people draw the line and just figure he is a piece of shit, and the people that go along with him are in the same turd bowl. Now if Nike wants to be be in that turd bowl that is their right, just like it's our right not to promote or buy their goods. I'm no wordsmith, hopefully I got what I am trying to say across the way I wanted.

If they truly were offended it’s because they chose to be. There were plenty of people who disagreed with him that were not offended.

RCDave

Reaction score
Stupid for any company to take a position in anything political.

Just make and sell a product to maximize shareholder wealth....

Consequences can be quite costly when veering off purpose

Last edited:

riverroyal

Reaction score
Wait a god damn minute....

How do you change your font color? Thats sweet

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
Wait a god damn minute....

How do you change your font color? Thats sweet

See that circle (below and when you are posting) that's half white/black? Select your text and then click that - and choose your text color...

upload_2018-9-4_20-59-37.png

Attachments

• upload_2018-9-4_20-58-45.png
    upload_2018-9-4_20-58-45.png
    16.1 KB · Views: 95

riverroyal

Reaction score
Nice. What was this thread about?
Im Over nike
Football
Bruce jenner
Cnn
Priuses

Moving on

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
Seriously, who would not get behind that ad? Straight up hero. Sad part is I didn't even know about what he did until recently. I don't watch football and of course the media doesn't cover things like this.
What do you mean "The media doesnt cover things like this". It was on the news for years with Documentaries about being killed by friendly fire.They even made a movie about him.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1568334/

4Waters

Reaction score

Tank

Reaction score
What do you mean "The media doesnt cover things like this". It was on the news for years with Documentaries about being killed by friendly fire.They even made a movie about him.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1568334/
Never heard about it until about a year ago in an email someone sent me. I actually had to google it to read the whole story. Frankly I think it was the whole anthem protest that brought it to light and brought my attention to it. Like I've said before, I actually don't watch a whole lot of media because I detest it and I've never watched much foozball. Story slipped passed me.

Last edited:

Tank

Reaction score
I think he was getting yelled at a lot and writing memos :D when Pat Tillman was killed.

LOL, that was nearly 25 years ago man. Been a while since I was writing memos. :D:D

wallnutz

Reaction score
If they truly were offended it’s because they chose to be. There were plenty of people who disagreed with him that were not offended.

I changed my answer. How do you chose to be offended? If something or someone is offensive , you are offended. He chose to be offensive. Maybe the first time it wasn't as offensive, but when he kept doing it after he was told it was offending the wrong target. That's when it became real offensive. You do understand there are millions offended not just a few. I bet the plenty that disagree with him are offended. It's offensive to people when you disrespect their flag and anthem, not just Americans. Why don't you go out to a soccer game and do something offensive to a mexican flag and see what happens.

Last edited:

DLow

Single Barrel Dweller
Reaction score
So, now people chose to be offended? Are you serious? Do people choose to feel grief at the passing of a family member? Do people choose to feel anger or fear when being physically assaulted?

Conversely, it’s a choice to feel like you need a “safe space” if you are a college student that can’t handle the pressures of a test and therefore we should shut them down? And you are saying Caitlin also simply chose to be trans so we should dismiss him because others don’t choose to be transgender?

You just contradicted everything you have stood for on RDP. Nice job.

BajaMike

Reaction score
Nike can go the way of “Dicks Sporting Goods”....not getting my $$$

Bright idea to hire the most hated athlete in America to rep your company.

BONER

Reaction score
^^^^LMAO!!!

Funniest one yet!

RodnJen

Reaction score
So, now people chose to be offended? Are you serious? Do people choose to feel grief at the passing of a family member? Do people choose to feel anger or fear when being physically assaulted?

Conversely, it’s a choice to feel like you need a “safe space” if you are a college student that can’t handle the pressures of a test and therefore we should shut them down? And you are saying Caitlin also simply chose to be trans so we should dismiss him because others don’t choose to be transgender?

You just contradicted everything you have stood for on RDP. Nice job.

Yes, being offended is a choice. You are confusing the physical act of being a victim with the the choice to be offended.

As for “safe space “, never been an advocate. As for Jenner, not sure how or why you connected those dots.

HB2Havasu

Reaction score
If Nike doesn’t rescind this clowns contract and apolgize to the American Public, Military, and Law Enforcement Officers, this may go down as one of the worst business decisions of all time. I know if I was a shareholder and my portfolio was imploding due to this, I would be one pissed off Mofo!!! Way to go from First to Worst Nike, kinda like your spokesholes nfl career, lol.

squeezer

Reaction score
If Nike doesn’t rescind this clowns contract and apolgize to the American Public, Military, and Law Enforcement Officers, this may go down as one of the worst business decisions of all time. I know if I was a shareholder and my portfolio was imploding due to this, I would be one pissed off Mofo!!! Way to go from First to Worst Nike, kinda like your spokesholes nfl career, lol.

I wouldn’t bet the bank on that happening anytime soon...

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/nike-apos-controversial-kaepernick-ad-200800254.html

And let’s not forget what Kevin Planks supporting Trump did for UA shareholder value...

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.time...r-armour-earnings-donald-trump-first-100-days

Last edited:

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
And its really easy to do...

Since you guys chased off 530 and nganga the level of arguments the tighty righties are making has fallen to shit flinging monkey status. I had hopes that the Pre-Trump Racey would return but so far no luck.

Nganga doesn’t post because he operates at a high level of integrity that most of us can only aspire to achieve. No one here is capable of “running off” such a person.

On a side note, Steve is in Tanzania and has been texting me the highlights of an unbelievable occurrence that happened with his hunting party this past week.
I will leave the story for him to tell, which he said he will do upon his return home. It has to do with his tireless anti poaching efforts and suddenly finding himself in the middle of a real life and death situation involving poachers.

JD D05

Reaction score
Yes, being offended is a choice. You are confusing the physical act of being a victim with the the choice to be offended.

As for “safe space “, never been an advocate. As for Jenner, not sure how or why you connected those dots.

Being a victim is a choice.

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
Fixed it?

Nike can go the way of “Dicks Sporting Goods”....not getting my $$$

Bright idea to hire the most hated athlete in America to rep your sports affiliated company.

HB2Havasu

Reaction score

DLow

Single Barrel Dweller
Reaction score

No, no I'm not. You stated people chose to be offended. Sorry, but being offended has nothing to do with being a victim. You can't choose an initial emotion or feeling, such as being offended, happy, sad, hurt, angry, etc. Yes, some get over emotions quicker than others. It has nothing to do with victimization or being a victim. You, sir, are the one confusing the two.

As far as Jenner, he/she has been the trophy child of the left/liberal mindset in this country. His supporters have done nothing but support how he "feels" like a woman. This is where the whole men in women's bathrooms became OK to some. They "feel" or "identify" as a woman. Well, he isn't a woman. He's still got XY chromosomes which makes him a man. He will always be a man. Cut his junk off, and guess what? Still XY chromosomes. Still a man. You stated people chose to be offended and dismissed it because you don't agree with it. Well, then, you should also dismiss any transgender identifying person because it is simply a feeling they are choosing, like being offended, not a physical chromosomal change.