WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Time to sell?

J DUNN

Unknown Member
Reaction score
Well, with some hesitation, it looks like I'll be selling my 240 sometime in the next year. I'm not sure if this is a "letting you know" thread or a "please talk me out of this" thread. LOL.

The boat is great and I really have no complaints. It's my current strong connection to many things such as my father, childhood, powerboats, and my connection to all 3 of those including Brummett Marine. That is my biggest reason NOT to sell but I know there will be another boat come along that satisfies those connections. My reason TO sell the boat is only that I don't really boat where this boat would be used best. We mainly go to Powell and Mead and are usually doing wake sports for the kids so we use our Cobalt. I used it once this season and that was for HIH. It's become a trailer queen and it shouldn't be. The times I want the power of the Hallett, I really need something longer to provide more comfort and cover longer distances like at Powell.

Anyway, there is my justification. I'm guessing spring time I'll post it up. I'll store if through off season and rub it with a diaper a few more times.:D

J DUNN

Unknown Member
Reaction score
I know of a clean 335 :D

I know!!!!! We've talked about this! LOL. I think that's exactly what I'm looking for but trying to wait about 3 to 5 years. Need to make some prudent financial decisions during the next couple years and going out of one boat into a bigger one isnt' in the cards yet. I do love the 335 though.

JD D05

Reaction score
Well, with some hesitation, it looks like I'll be selling my 240 sometime in the next year. I'm not sure if this is a "letting you know" thread or a "please talk me out of this" thread. LOL.

The boat is great and I really have no complaints. It's my current strong connection to many things such as my father, childhood, powerboats, and my connection to all 3 of those including Brummett Marine. That is my biggest reason NOT to sell but I know there will be another boat come along that satisfies those connections. My reason TO sell the boat is only that I don't really boat where this boat would be used best. We mainly go to Powell and Mead and are usually doing wake sports for the kids so we use our Cobalt. I used it once this season and that was for HIH. It's become a trailer queen and it shouldn't be. The times I want the power of the Hallett, I really need something longer to provide more comfort and cover longer distances like at Powell.

Anyway, there is my justification. I'm guessing spring time I'll post it up. I'll store if through off season and rub it with a diaper a few more times.:D

I would not own a boat if Powell didn't exist...So buy a Powell boat.

Melloyellovector

Reaction score
Well my topcat II just got purchased before selling the 210 . Hmmmmm
Pm me what your thinking on asking? :D

Xtrmwakeboarder

Reaction score
Dibs!!! That 30’ Hallett at Maxed Out would be a nice Powell boat...

River Lynchmob

What can I do to u for u?
Reaction score

What's great about your boat is the fact it will hold it's value for a very long time, it's paid for so other than ins it won't cost you anything letting it sit but it is impossible to replace. I go through these same thoughts with my Schiada. 2 seats, not god for any kind of family boating, but I can't let it go, for a lot of the same reasons you have. A new one would break the bank and there is no guarantee that it will work as good as the one I have now.

If you do sell it, make sure it goes to someone that is an anal as you are keeping it clean (OSB comes to mind) and ask them to give you fist right of refusal if and whn they sell it.

steak&lobster

aka rclvlhc
Reaction score

Can you send me pics and a price you are thinking please?

J DUNN

Unknown Member
Reaction score
What's great about your boat is the fact it will hold it's value for a very long time, it's paid for so other than ins it won't cost you anything letting it sit but it is impossible to replace. I go through these same thoughts with my Schiada. 2 seats, not god for any kind of family boating, but I can't let it go, for a lot of the same reasons you have. A new one would break the bank and there is no guarantee that it will work as good as the one I have now.

If you do sell it, make sure it goes to someone that is an anal as you are keeping it clean (OSB comes to mind) and ask them to give you fist right of refusal if and whn they sell it.

Thanks for the tips. I do of course want it to be taken care of.

J DUNN

Unknown Member
Reaction score
Can you send me pics and a price you are thinking please?

If this was that kind of thread I would have included them in my original post and this would have been in the for sale section. I don't mean to be rude, I'm just not ready yet. Some board members know what it is and you can see the trailer build in the trailer section. By this post I was just making mention to those who know what it is that it will be available within a year or so. Suffice it to say, it is an extremely clean '95 240 open bow with a new Brummett TT carb motor. I have some pics on insta @hallett240

steak&lobster

aka rclvlhc
Reaction score
If this was that kind of thread I would have included them in my original post and this would have been in the for sale section. I don't mean to be rude, I'm just not ready yet. Some board members know what it is and you can see the trailer build in the trailer section. By this post I was just making mention to those who know what it is that it will be available within a year or so. Suffice it to say, it is an extremely clean '95 240 open bow with a new Brummett TT carb motor. I have some pics on insta @hallett240
Ohhhhhh, the word "sell" is in the title of this thread. It's cool, I will keep looking. . .

Done-it-again

Reaction score
C’mon, your not going to sell it and If you do that sellers remorse will kick in and you’ll have to buy it back.

I’m sure your PM inbox is full by now. It’s a sweet sled. Good luck in what you decide.

tkrrox

Reaction score
You know I’m interested[emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

J DUNN

Unknown Member
Reaction score
No prob! When the money shows up on Venmo we are good.

JD I’m having second thoughts on our deal. Last time I saw a Hallett from Utah it looked like this and I just don’t think I could let that happen to my boat.

096929C2-DC2E-46F4-A58E-296C5F1062A2.jpeg

Icky

Reaction score
This thread is getting good:eek:

J DUNN

Unknown Member
Reaction score
Purple and looks old. Agree with you 100 percent.
I’m sure you noticed hours weren’t posted. Not that you’re in the market for the 300 but I know you watch it.

Runs2rch

Reaction score
I’m sure you noticed hours weren’t posted. Not that you’re in the market for the 300 but I know you watch it.

When the owner posted it on here awhile back I think it was 500 hrs. Searched and could not find it. I probably watch it too much hahaha

Edit found it. May it was listed with 398 hrs.

Last edited:

Kfabe

Reaction score
99A0F8F0-8D91-4336-9F10-ED2C0FC0F9CD.jpeg

If I was on a deserted island starving, dehydrated and had a gun with a single bullet. All hope has been lost and things where beginning to look very bleak and this guy pulls up to rescue me. I shoot him and sink the boat as a matter of principle.

kevnmcd

Reaction score
Sorry to hear this Josh. Your boat is just amazing and as others have said, make sure it goes to the right person! Good luck with your decision but hope you pick the "Keep it" one. :D

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score
View attachment 697477

If I was on a deserted island starving, dehydrated and had a gun with a single bullet. All hope has been lost and things where beginning to look very bleak and this guy pulls up to rescue me. I shoot him and sink the boat as a matter of principle.
Oh fuck.....[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score
Sorry to hear this Josh. Your boat is just amazing and as others have said, make sure it goes to the right person! Good luck with your decision but hope you pick the "Keep it" one. :D
When it actually goes up for sale, all of us that are interested are going to have to send him a video and letters of recommendation. Then he will choose the new owner....lol.

hallett21

Reaction score
@J DUNN keep it. Insurance and storage are cheap. Pretty sure you had this boat built. It’s rare to have a boat that is a “legacy” in your family like that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

steak&lobster

aka rclvlhc
Reaction score
When it actually goes up for sale, all of us that are interested are going to have to send him a video and letters of recommendation. Then he will choose the new owner....lol.

It's a boat. . .

Done-it-again

Reaction score
In all seriousness why wait to sell? Economy is moving now but who knows next year. Not that a sled like this would depreciate much if at all, but it is possible depending on asking price. I believe I can squeeze a bit more for my 240 selling it now vs next, but it’s nothing special compaired to yours

I would love to more power. To bad we can’t trade. Lol. Then if you want it back we trade again. Ha ha ha.

J DUNN

Unknown Member
Reaction score
First off, thank you for the compliments and comments regarding the boat. I only take credit as current caretaker. Brummett and original owner deserve the praise for how beautiful of a "unicorn" this is. My Dad and I did own both Brummett rigged Hallett 240's at the same time, wish we still did, wish Dad was still around.

Secondly, @steak&lobster I thought I dismissed you from this thread many posts ago:D
Ohhhhhh, the word "sell" is in the title of this thread. It's cool, I will keep looking. . .
Probably a good idea...... good luck.
If we haven't met I look forward to it, do you have multiple personalities? I've never seen somebody flip flop so much in one thread......:D

Lastly, @2FORCEFULL sorry, I'll throw some in here for you. Coincidentally some pics of this boat may be in an upcoming show on History Channel, but more on that later.

IMG_0531.JPG

steak&lobster

aka rclvlhc
Reaction score
@J DUNN yes I have been dismissed from the buying pool for your 240, but I can still lurk on the thread. . . unless Dave says otherwise LoL

River Lynchmob

What can I do to u for u?
Reaction score
First off, thank you for the compliments and comments regarding the boat. I only take credit as current caretaker. Brummett and original owner deserve the praise for how beautiful of a "unicorn" this is. My Dad and I did own both Brummett rigged Hallett 240's at the same time, wish we still did, wish Dad was still around.

Secondly, @steak&lobster I thought I dismissed you from this thread many posts ago:D

If we haven't met I look forward to it, do you have multiple personalities? I've never seen somebody flip flop so much in one thread......:D

Lastly, @2FORCEFULL sorry, I'll throw some in here for you. Coincidentally some pics of this boat may be in an upcoming show on History Channel, but more on that later.

View attachment 697982
History Channel? Neither you, nor the boat are that old.