WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

timing cover repair

nordictom

Reaction score
So, Ford has a national backorder on the timing / front cover for 6.4 diesels, along with the oil pump. There is no ETA on when they plan to have them sent out. Per the Parts guy at the Ford Dealership, his internal notes indicate that it's a vendor issue.

So, I need to get my front cover repaired, I found IPR Research in Baldwin Park. They can make the repairs to the water pump cavitation damage, but not to the cavitation damage that is at the thermostat. Fortunately, I was able to find a minimal cavitation damaged front cover to get fixed. but I would still like to get my front cover repaired and have as a spare.

From what I have seen posted up, there are some pretty talented machinists on the RDP forum.

I have a shop that can provide the welding, but, I would prefer to have i person do the complete repairs, or work with a welder that they trust. I have attached a few photos of the damage, feel free to Pm me and we can discuss.

I am in HB, but don't mind traveling to get the repairs or ship the part.

Thanks, NT

20221124_092305.jpg
20221124_092253.jpg
20221124_092233.jpg

nordictom

Reaction score
over 400 views & no takers? I found another guy that can weld it, but I can't find a machine shop that can perform the machining.

NT

mattyc

Reaction score
over 400 views & no takers? I found another guy that can weld it, but I can't find a machine shop that can perform the machining.

NT
I have looked at it several times. I'd be willing to take it on once I get set up ( in the middle of moving the shop ) I would want to get some depth measurements etc before welding. My welding skills arent quite up to this task

3queens

Detachable Member
Reaction score
IPR research LLC
1370 Maine ave suite b
Baldwin park 91706

R&R service
626-470-4488

iprresearch.com

3queens

Detachable Member
Reaction score
Dorman aftermarket # 635-127
if you can find one

3queens

Detachable Member
Reaction score
Guess I scanned to fast on reading didn’t see ipr

Did see a couple used ones on eBay but $$$ omg for used with the same issue I’m sure
Maybe one that’s rebuildable ??
Good luck

nordictom

Reaction score
the one that I saw, had damage to the oil pump surface. that usually means the engine broke a lifter & sucked the needle bearings up into the pump. NT