WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Tips from a Shipwright (youtube)

JDKRXW

Reaction score
I found his channel when I was looking for instructions on how to file a chainsaw chain a long time ago.
I've followed him ever since.
He's great.

Willie B

aberrant member
Reaction score
...my driveway at my place at Lake Oroville is 3/4 of a mile long to my building site...when I bought the property the driveway was very over grown with Medrone which is a pretty hard wood...I used my 14” McCulloch and borrowed a friends mini Mac...I would use one saw until the saw was a little to warm and the chain pretty dull...Then I would switch to the other saw...I honestly don’t remember how much time I spent sharpening chains but it was a bunch...I had gone to Harbor Freight and bought a couple of jeweler file sets...the small round file worked perfectly...
...by the time I was done the files were still in good shape and both chain saws were still working and very usable...I had a couple of spare chains but don’t recall having to use them???...
...This whole deal took me about three weeks...
...The reason for the small saws...the light weight and there were some pretty intricate steep hillside cuts to make...
...A smart guy would have hired a crew with big saws for the job...but nobody has ever said I am the brightest bulb on the Christmas Tree???...I’m not sure but 18 years ago I may have also been a tad younger???...

lbhsbz

Putting on the brakes
Reaction score
Thanks...you prick....I'm gonna be sleep deprived until I watch all of this guys videos now.

lbhsbz

Putting on the brakes
Reaction score
So now I know how to tie a bowline, and cowboy bowline, a few other types of bowlines, how to build a sport skiff, how to re-caulk a wooden boat with cotton, and how to protect a wooden hull from worms in warmer water.

I'm sure I'll learn more useless skills tonight after the fam goes to bed...