WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Tire blow out...

Briley

Reaction score
Blew out rear tire on the Ford and did $4,000.00 in damage. Took out to right side of the bed, taillight and fractured paint on tailgate. Worst part is it will be at shop for two weeks. Guess no havi this weekend. image.jpg image.jpg

tunnel vision

Reaction score
Check with you insurance, happened to mine and took the dually fender off too, they picked up the bill under road hazard.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Use some duct tape;):)
Sorry to hear about your truck. As someone said get a rental pick up truck for Havasu trip.:thumbup:

From my POS T-mobile thingie

Luvnlife

Head Ram Rod
Reaction score
Or just wait to take the truck to the shop.

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
We had that happen.
Insurance picked up the repair cost and it didn't ding our standing or raise our rates.

We sent the tire to Goodrich and they said the cause was from improper flat repair by Americas tire stores.
Air eventually migrated out of the tire though the repair to between the plys.
Tire heated up under load and
Blammo.jpg

Tire repairs have to be done with patches, not plugs.
We check our tire pressures all the time too.

nowski

Reaction score
I don't see $4000. dollars in damage unless some of that money is going to filter down...

Community

Reaction score
Happened to me last summer - insurance and the manufacturer made it right - advice recieved on this site to contact BFG!

zhandfull

Reaction score
I don't see $4000. dollars in damage unless some of that money is going to filter down...

Probably could buy a take off bed for around $1,000 and have it swap out in a couple hours. Might want to have that insurance check just sent to you and consider that option. I have done this twice with my trucks. Long beds are a dime a dozen, short beds they get more money for if you can find one.

Here is the first one I found. Probably find a hundred more around LA and IE.
inlandempire.craigslist.org/pts/4373608586.html

Yellowboat

Reaction score

I do beds are $$$$$$, finding a take off or a used bed in great shape is like trying to fin needle in a hay stack.

wishiknew

Reaction score
You could buy take off new bed a lot cheaper than that there are a lot of places in la that sell them google is your friend

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
That sucks. Thankfully I have never had that happen.

530RL

Reaction score
Enterprise rents 3/4 ton diesel trucks. 219 a day in Phoenix.

Runs2rch

Reaction score
Brand of tire? Age? The bigger companies will pay for damage depending.

fmo24

Reaction score
this happened to my dad. when he picked up the truck in Kingman the other side blew out and tore up the drivers side UGH

cb5505

Reaction score
That sux! Happened to my old truck but my insurance picked up the bill. The important thing is that your cobra sticker on your truck is okay!

CampbellCarl

Reaction score
We had that happen.
Insurance picked up the repair cost and it didn't ding our standing or raise our rates.

We sent the tire to Goodrich and they said the cause was from improper flat repair by Americas tire stores.
Blammo.jpg

Tire engineers will tell you that tires are not repairable. The repaired tire WILL fail and will fail as a result of a patch.

spectras only

Reaction score
We had that happen.

Blammo.jpg

No tire shops would do plugs here. Remove tire, patch from inside only.:thumbsup

spectras only

Reaction score
Tire engineers will tell you that tires are not repairable. The repaired tire WILL fail and will fail as a result of a patch.

It depends on the size of puncture. If a small nail or screw, it doesn't affect the integrity of the tire. Had patches on tires before and they lasted. Wouldn't patch a tire on a high performance car though unless driving it like granma.;)