WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

tire experts..question for you

cflores3

Reaction score
Wondering if anyone has real world experience with nokian tires. Apparently they are new to the north american market. Everything online is positive.

thanks in advance

Rchandless

Reaction score
Wondering if anyone has real world experience with nokian tires. Apparently they are new to the north american market. Everything online is positive.

thanks in advance
Have only sold one set of them (manage a discount tire vegas) good feedback so far. Have sold plenty of the winter tire segment by them however when in Reno. If they are anything like the winter tires should be pretty good. Sorry that's all I have.

arch stanton

Reaction score
I research tires at tire rack online they review most tires, the last tires I bought were for my wife's pickup I bought Michelins and the main reason was the stoping distance was way better than the average tire in my size range the tire rated very good in other areas also but it stoped like 10 foot shorter than the next best and about 20 foot better than the average that can be the difference between a totaled car and a close call

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
Yeah their winter tires are the shit.
Hakkapalitta (or something like that), one of their winter offerings, is about the best you can get.

I didn't even know they made "regular" tires LOL

cflores3

Reaction score
Yeah their winter tires are the shit.
Hakkapalitta (or something like that), one of their winter offerings, is about the best you can get.

I didn't even know they made "regular" tires LOL

they started making all seasons in the last few years, and now in the us. Some of those are made by bridgestone at their ohio plant.
reviews are pretty good across the board, but few retailers

fishing fool

Reaction score
With out looking up the tires what size are we talking about? Car or truck tire?

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score

thanks in advance
When I worked at Big Brand tire about 5 years ago, we sold quiet a few of the aggressive, low-pro street tires they make. I don't think I ever heard of a complaint about them while I was there. Heard a few people rave about them too.

Tireman

Reaction score

thanks in advance
sold a few sets...no problems

Perlmudder

Reaction score
Had their snow tires on our old suburban, probably the best snow tire I have ever had.

jb600

Highly unusual
Reaction score
Wrg3 is the latest all season Nokian makes. I put wrg3s on my moms car this spring, and will see how they will perf in the snow this winter. I had the wrg2s on it before, and the car would instill overconfidence in the snow. Lol. That's just their all season. When worked in tire business we had regulars who wouldn't put anything else on. Never did try the Hakkapalitas.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Just realize, these tires likely came from one a the few tire plants in the world that make the majority of the off-brand tires.
Not saying that's bad or good, just sayin.[emoji4]

cflores3

Reaction score
With out looking up the tires what size are we talking about? Car or truck tire?

Looking at buying two sets for two cars
245/40/19
And 235/65/17

Both have conitental now and they been good just pricey and some reviews of the nokian are better when conspired to the contis especially in wet driving. Wife's works in mo vall and we live in Yucaipa so she drives through the canyon

Andy B.

Reaction score
Have only sold one set of them (manage a discount tire vegas) good feedback so far. Have sold plenty of the winter tire segment by them however when in Reno. If they are anything like the winter tires should be pretty good. Sorry that's all I have.

Sorry for the thread jack, which one do you work at? I need tires for my 05 2500 4x4 and live off the 215 and windmill, I bought my last set of trailer tires at the one on wigwam and pecos.

Rchandless

Reaction score
Sorry for the thread jack, which one do you work at? I need tires for my 05 2500 4x4 and live off the 215 and windmill, I bought my last set of trailer tires at the one on wigwam and pecos.
Boulder Highway and Water St in Henderson next to the omelet house

SHOCKtheMONKEY

Reaction score
Looking at buying two sets for two cars
245/40/19
And 235/65/17

Both have conitental now and they been good just pricey and some reviews of the nokian are better when conspired to the contis especially in wet driving. Wife's works in mo vall and we live in Yucaipa so she drives through the canyon

Are you in Chapman Heights?

I always see performance boats in the neighborhood and wonder if they're on RDP...

cflores3

Reaction score
Are you in Chapman Heights?

I always see performance boats in the neighborhood and wonder if they're on RDP...

yeah I live in chapman heights...but boatless...still saving for the next recession :)

A guy down the street from me has a white, lifted excursion with a conquest sticker on the back window. I work in palm springs area and I see his truck out there at times.
Up on the north bench I've seen a few big boats up there, not sure if any are on RDP. If I remember correctly the guy that owned the nice laveydeck also lives in yucaipa.