WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Tired of Driving

jetur

Reaction score
Don't know what it is but I'm just tired of driving in general. I end up driving about 35k a year. Family trips are me driving all by myself on an island while she reads a book. Lol. Anyways I have been dating or married to my wife for the last 20 yrs and I told her unless we are pulling I'm done driving every where we go. So, you can drive the next 20 yrs, and I will finish it up at the end. She is currently driving us to the river, but all I can get out of her is maybe half and half. I'm still doing most of the driving.

Question to the inmates. Do you do all of the driving or split with significant other?

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
I enjoy driving the open roads so unless I'm sick or something I drive. Wife will offer now and then however.

Mandelon

Coffee makes me poop.
Reaction score
Better me than anyone else. My wife is all twitchy in her driving. Speedy starts, harder breaking, etc.

What's that joke? I'd rather go like my grandfather did. Quietly in my sleep. Not screaming like his passengers .. LOL

jetur

Reaction score
Better me than anyone else. My wife is all twitchy in her driving. Speedy starts, harder breaking, etc.

What's that joke? I'd rather go like my grandfather did. Quietly in my sleep. Not screaming like his passengers .. LOL
I know what you mean. We are in my diesel with 37s and she's steering into the lane changes. I told her just apply a little pressure and she will float right over.

Done-it-again

Reaction score
I typically drive around town when we are together. But she will drive to the river and back if I need to work or just don’t want to drive. I just have to ask.

jetur

Reaction score
I do all the driving , my wife sucks at driving long distance, 1 hr max for her but she can back the boat into the water just fine lol
Backing the boat should be a prerequisite to marriage. I think I've seen a few marriages end on the ramp

Rjt01

Reaction score
Backing the boat should be a prerequisite to marriage. I think I've seen a few marriages end on the ramp
Hahahah very true , it took her about an hr to get it nailed now I can launch and recover with out getting all pissed if for having to do everything lol

rickym20

Reaction score
Average 50k a year for work and I have no problem jumping in the driver’s seat to haul the family around. I get to ancy as a passenger and rather be in control.
She will drive if We are at my family’s functions and I’ve been drinking.

I feel you pain though on driving to much. Los Angeles miles don’t really calc out sometimes cause you can be in traffic for an hour and only travel 5 miles ...

Rattle Can Lou

Reaction score
I would quit going anywhere if my wife drove...She is SLOW and JERKY and AFRAID and can't TURN correctly...SECOND GUESSES every move she makes...DRIVES ME NUTS...but I love her with all my heart..lol. I have an eye disease and lost my night privileges about 3 years ago...and I get tested yearly...I told her if and when I lose my right to drive...that I better be completely blind...otherwise I will yell at her the whole time...it's kinda my sense of humor...

Maestro

Reaction score
Road trips I drive. During the week we commute to LA from Riverside. I drive in the morning, little traffic. In the afternoon she drives home, traffic.. I offer to drive but she declines. So I get to catch up on my social media crap..ki da nice

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score

Lol, my wife tends to drive around curves as if it were a square.:D

bowtiejunkie

Reaction score
I do most of the driving for trips. If I’m tired or had a few beers, the wife will drive. I like the wheel and the open road, plus I’m well versed in recovery from rumble strips.

I could careless about driving around town.

lbhsbz

Reaction score
Its the traffic that's ruined it for me. I used to not have a problem driving 10+ hours when there was quite a bit less traffic. When I go visit my folks in Manhattan Beach, it takes me 30 minutes to get 2 miles to store and back for whatever we forgot to bring for dinner. I can't stand that. Had a few 8+ hour river trips too from Long Beach...should take 3:30. I hate traffic. I don't know how people do it every day. I had to go to Oxnard for work a month or so ago...took me over 3 hours each way. The wife seems to not mind it, but if I'm there, would much rather nap or read a book than drive, so I'm stuck doing it.

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
I drive. I'm a terrible passenger. Can't sleep in the car/truck and rather than watch every detail I'll drive, thank you.

My motto: Better to do the driving than be driven (crazy) by me not driving

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
Its the traffic that's ruined it for me. I used to not have a problem driving 10+ hours when there was quite a bit less traffic. When I go visit my folks in Manhattan Beach, it takes me 30 minutes to get 2 miles to store and back for whatever we forgot to bring for dinner. I can't stand that. Had a few 8+ hour river trips too from Long Beach...should take 3:30. I hate traffic. I don't know how people do it every day. I had to go to Oxnard for work a month or so ago...took me over 3 hours each way. The wife seems to not mind it, but if I'm there, would much rather nap or read a book than drive, so I'm stuck doing it.
Yea used to take 4:30 to 5 hours to the river from oc now it’s closer to six on a Friday night. Coming home was always better and take 4:15-4:30 hours home and now it’s over 5. Starting to suck. My mom flys there and it’s 45 min door to door

charlyox

Reaction score
I love cars. I have six of them but I hate driving any distance. I got burned out driving 60 miles each way to work for over thirty years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jetur

Reaction score
We just got to the river and it only took 1:30 with her driving. It takes me 1:45 to do it. I asked how fast were you going. She said 80. The truck has 37s so we were going more like 90. LoL. She didn't realize to compensate for the speedo.

Maybe I should drive.

satellitemike

Reaction score
You guys have hit the nail on the head w most of your wives and their typical driving skills, my wife is the same and I cant relax w her behind the wheel.
Average 55K per year commute in So CA for the last 18 years then 500 round trip to the river every 2 or 3 weeks. That's the reason I just sold the boat and the river house!!!
I'M DONE DRIVING for the next few years!

TrollerDave

Reaction score
We just got to the river and it only took 1:30 with her driving. It takes me 1:45 to do it. I asked how fast were you going. She said 80. The truck has 37s so we were going more like 90. LoL. She didn't realize to compensate for the speedo.

Maybe I should drive.
Put 40’s on the truck and get there in an hour.

Cdog

Reaction score
I have a pro competition license with SCCA. My wife tells me how to drive so I ignore her. So I let her drive and take a nap unless we're towing. She's timid, second guess and speeds faster than I do on the freeway. But she's "safe" she says. Where I hold a higer average speed. HAHA! Whatever. You can't have it all..

pkrrvr619

Reaction score
We usually split it on river trips as its a 4 hour drive each way. It lets each of us get some work done on the way out Thursday afternoon.

When towing toy haulers i do all the heavy lifting. When setting up or tearing down for the season I'll drive the toy hauler and she hauls the boat home.

Keeper for sure. makes life easy to have a partner that can help.

Bullet28

Nor Cal Delta
Reaction score
I drive about 30K for my job and all other driving anywhere we go, pull the boat to Havasu which is 1100 miles round trip. I’ll be 63 in August but admit I’m getting pretty tired. The driving in the summer like now makes it worse.

CJ_Donahue

Reaction score
If I am sober I am driving. My wife's idea of a long drive is 15 miles and heavy traffic would be more than one car in front of her at a red light. I drive around 15,000 miles a year and Tow approximately 5,000 miles a year. In my 20 years with my wife I have been a passenger for maybe a hundred total miles.

Rondog4405

Reaction score
I hear ya.. I fn hate driving! Iam on the damm fwy's at least 4 hours a day.. Shit suxx!! Ill usually drive the whole way to the river.. On the way back ill gets us through rice rd and usually to chiriaco.. Then its the wifes turn to take the wheel.

Instigator

Just Livin up to My Name
Reaction score
Don't know what it is but I'm just tired of driving in general. I end up driving about 35k a year. Family trips are me driving all by myself on an island while she reads a book. Lol. Anyways I have been dating or married to my wife for the last 20 yrs and I told her unless we are pulling I'm done driving every where we go. So, you can drive the next 20 yrs, and I will finish it up at the end. She is currently driving us to the river, but all I can get out of her is maybe half and half. I'm still doing most of the driving.

Question to the inmates. Do you do all of the driving or split with significant other?
As you know, I've been happily married for 35 years to the same woman, god bless her for putting up with my shit, so here is some advise for you.
Get drunk before she gets home and then tell here she is gonna have to drive.:D
Works every time.
BTW
If she gets pissed, just remind her that you have always been the one to drive her drunk ass home at the end of the trip. :D
LOL

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

I want to live.. so yes! Lol

jetur

Reaction score
As you know, I've been happily married for 35 years to the same woman, god bless her for putting up with my shit, so here is some advise for you.
Get drunk before she gets home and then tell here she is gonna have to drive.:D
Works every time.
BTW
If she gets pissed, just remind her that you have always been the one to drive her drunk ass home at the end of the trip. :D
LOL
That's a great idea. Still working on those coordinates for your next adventure.

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
Its called control peeps.....Ya, I drive my ass off and anybody that is going. I prefer it that way.

Lucky Strike thinks I am crazy for all the driving I have done over the years. I don't really mind as long as traffic is moving. Put me in that stopped shit and I get a little....ahhhh, not so nice. Get the fuck out of the way....lol

I have probably put on around 5K miles in the last 2.5 weeks.

crzy2bealive

Reaction score
Yah, I drive all the time unless I been drinking.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

LHC Kirby

LifeTime Member
Reaction score
Not counting when she is the DD .... last 5 of 7 times she drove... FLAT tire.... WTF ? this over about 20 years.

I would rather drive than change a tire ;-)

Deja_Vu

Essex Affectionado
Reaction score
I do most of the driving. My wife is a pretty good driver too, so sometimes she pitches in and drives halfway.

I got a new to me car last sept with 27k miles and it’s already at 53k.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Those Tesla’s are looking more and more appealing to me! Especially the new truck coming out!

HCP3

Reaction score
I always drive (I prefer it that way), but the wife will take the wheel if need be. Only when beer related.

rvrrun

Reaction score
Unless it's in SoCal, I don't mind it at all. The traffic here bugs the hell out of me but once we are on the 40 I put the comedy channels on sirious and time flies. My wife buries her head in the laptop and gets work done on the way. It's great when she has her head completely buried in her work and we hit the cow grate on the 95 coming into town. That scares the shit out her every time.

Your ad here

Reaction score
I usually drive everywhere unless the ride is a Ford Superduty with a driver I trust. Some drivers are just brutal to their passengers... The reason for the Superduty is because it's all I've only driven and the only vehicle I can get comfortable in. I hate cars. Learned driving in a cclb and been driving a 7.3 ever since. I drive about 60k miles a year.

Activated

Deplorable
Reaction score
I almost always drive...even the 13 hour trips to Colorado. Having said that, if I ask, she will drive.

I seem to be asking more lately. It is kind of nice to jump on the iPad when she is driving...and it makes the trip quicker.

sonicss31

Reaction score
My wife drives a lot and I am good with it. She is very good and does have a lead foot. If someone is in front of her for more than a few miles she remedies that ASAP. She is safe and very alert to what is going on around her. Makes our 1250 mile trip to the Keys home not so bad.