WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Tired of the California rat race?

Speedboat Racer

Reaction score
My family began migrating from California to Idaho back in the mid 70's. Our clan (which numbers over 30) could not be happier that we live in Idaho. I'm a third generation V-driver who also happens to have been in real estate for 41 years here in Boise. If you are tired of California give me a call and let's talk about how to get you to Idaho! Our state has so much to offer and the political environment is a bonus!

Ron Minegar
AKA Speedboat Racer
Associate Broker
Keller Williams Realty Boise
208-861-3388
e-mail: [email protected]

Pirates Cove Ron with boat.jpg

PS If you are a part of California's problem, with all due respect do us a favor and stay where you are.

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score
I don't think I'd take ID over AZ, but that's a damn pretty boat.
I looked at Idaho for a minute. Wife won't go that far north. She said that she can handle a couple months of heat but if there is snow, no way.
Plus gotta keep the Grandparents in driving distance....[emoji41]

boatnam2

Reaction score
In boise right now, sister is trying to get me to buy something in outer kuna.

Racer56

Jukebox Hero
Reaction score
The whole family is flying to Boise next Thursday to have a look around and see different neighborhoods. Considering making the move, I heard Eagle is pretty nice.

westair

Reaction score
My brother moved to Weiser Id a few years ago ...... said he would never come back to Ca even to visit, and he hasn't.

milkmoney

Reaction score
I lived in the better part of the state of Idaho. , about 8 hours north of Boise , Idaho is a nice state for sure , summers not long enough and winters to long for me. [emoji41][emoji106][emoji202]

Flynryan

Reaction score
My brother and I both born and raised in SF Valley moved to Eagle about 6 years ago and loves it. He says most of the people there are from California and they hate all the Ca people that are moving there, funny. He says to get your license plates changed to Idaho asap. Income level is much different then Ca apparently but the cost of living is also different.

Dan Lorenze

Reaction score
My brother and I both born and raised in SF Valley moved to Eagle about 6 years ago and loves it. He says most of the people there are from California and they hate all the Ca people that are moving there, funny. He says to get your license plates changed to Idaho asap. Income level is much different then Ca apparently but the cost of living is also different.

Ryan, you and I are stuck here buddy. :grumble:

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
I guess it all depends on where in CA you live. I grew up in Bellflower and live in Yorba Linda. Huge difference in quality of living. I think I will stay a while and pay the weather taxes. :p 20 minutes to the beach..4 hours to Havasu and 5 hours to Mammoth. :thumbsup

420HOA

FIRM MEMBER
Reaction score
Lived in Sun Valley in the eighties, love the hunting, fishing and skiing but as I recall the summers were short and the winters were long.
Done with Commiefornia and the libtard bullshit.
Arizona is where I'm going to end up.

westair

Reaction score
I guess it all depends on where in CA you live. I grew up in Bellflower and live in Yorba Linda. Huge difference in quality of living. I think I will stay a while and pay the weather taxes. :p 20 minutes to the beach..4 hours to Havasu and 5 hours to Mammoth. :thumbsup

how many hours if your not traveling at 3:00 in the morning .... don't you live off the 91 fwy, one of the busiest in the state:eek

lakemadness

Grobe Bruste Bitte
Reaction score

Huh, so that's what the liberals call it. "weather tax"

The wool has been pulled, oh never mind...

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
how many hours if your not traveling at 3:00 in the morning .... don't you live off the 91 fwy, one of the busiest in the state:eek
Yes I live off the 91. I can see it from my 2nd floor now. Looks clear. Hardly ever a problem for me when I use it. I use Imperial highway to get to work. :thumbsup

YoPengo

Inmate #47
Reaction score

How often to you go to the beach... feet on the sand not looking threw a windshield? [emoji14]

YoPengo

Inmate #47
Reaction score
Got to see the NC house we are in escrow in today... met my neighbor, met the checker at Sams... talked to the lady at the park... can't wait to move.

Speedboat Racer

Reaction score
Do your neighbors know you are whoring out Idaho for a 6% commission?

When I moved here in 1974 the population was a fraction of what it is now. Growth is good and a constant when you live in a great place like Idaho!

25Elmn8r

Reaction score
My family began migrating from California to Idaho back in the mid 70's. Our clan (which numbers over 30) could not be happier that we live in Idaho. I'm a third generation V-driver who also happens to have been in real estate for 41 years here in Boise. If you are tired of California give me a call and let's talk about how to get you to Idaho! Our state has so much to offer and the political environment is a bonus!

Ron Minegar
AKA Speedboat Racer
Associate Broker
Keller Williams Realty Boise
208-861-3388
e-mail: [email protected]

PS If you are a part of California's problem, with all due respect do us a favor and stay where you are.

Having moved to North Idaho 9 months ago, I can tell you getting out of So Cal was the best thing we have done. But as others have said about AZ, Idaho is CLOSED! :p

coz

-------------------
Reaction score
Yes I live off the 91. I can see it from my 2nd floor now. Looks clear. Hardly ever a problem for me when I use it. I use Imperial highway to get to work. :thumbsup

I lived in YL for 20 years (wife is from there) and I was in OC last month and stopped by the old place off YL blvd, hadn't been back in over 8 years. What a fucking mess they have made of savi ranch, it is a cluster fuck of traffic around there now and the 91 was unbearable even on a sunday afternoon from riverside all the way into OC. I liked YL when I moved there and it was an equestrian community, but we left because the horses started leaving and the preppies started moving in (not calling you a preppy). I use to be able to see the 91 from my front porch and would cringe every time I looked down there.

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
Just spent 5 days in SoCal.
While I miss my friends and fam, we're happy to return HOME to Dallas. We belong here.

Hammer

Reaction score
I wish I could move .... The wife won't have it:thumbsdown

25Elmn8r

Reaction score
I lived in YL for 20 years (wife is from there) and I was in OC last month and stopped by the old place off YL blvd, hadn't been back in over 8 years. What a fucking mess they have made of savi ranch, it is a cluster fuck of traffic around there now and the 91 was unbearable even on a sunday afternoon from riverside all the way into OC. I liked YL when I moved there and it was an equestrian community, but we left because the horses started leaving and the preppies started moving in (not calling you a preppy). I use to be able to see the 91 from my front porch and would cringe every time I looked down there.

We spent the last 12 years in YL. My wives family is still there and fighting hard to keep the equestrian lifestyle going. Setback after setback, I don't think it will be long before the preppies win and the rest of the horse community is forced out.

River Lynchmob

What can I do to u for u?
Reaction score
How often to you go to the beach... feet on the sand not looking threw a windshield? [emoji14]

I live two blocks from teh water and I hardly ever put my feet on the sand unless my son tells me he wants to go to the beach. Before him I had been on the sand twice in 5 years

I wish I could move .... The wife won't have it:thumbsdown

Keep the pressure on Summer told me on Sat she would move to AZ...miracles can happen...

coz

-------------------
Reaction score
We spent the last 12 years in YL. My wives family is still there and fighting hard to keep the equestrian lifestyle going. Setback after setback, I don't think it will be long before the preppies win and the rest of the horse community is forced out.

When my wife was a kid the only things out there were Knollwoods, orange groves and horses. When I moved out there in the mid 80's it was Knollwoods (when it was a house/diner), arco on the corner, anaheim hills inn and kenos, that's it. A lot has changed in the 11 years I've been gone :thumbsdown

Wicky

Mr. Potatohead
Reaction score
Nice house in Eagle for sale....extended garage for boat. I'm literally almost giving it away. No 6%. No nothing. Package deal includes wife.

EmpirE231

Reaction score
A lot of the people that are saying that California is just fine, will be singing a different tune when their cushy pensions go belly up.

Hammer

Reaction score
I live two blocks from teh water and I hardly ever put my feet on the sand unless my son tells me he wants to go to the beach. Before him I had been on the sand twice in 5 years

Keep the pressure on Summer told me on Sat she would move to AZ...miracles can happen...

Logans dad is here which will make it near impossible.

Best case scenario is we get a place in Havasu and I split time and work remotely. Already expanding my portfolio east in hopes of taking over that region one day.

ParkerRat

Livin the Dream
Reaction score
Closed Escrow on the Oceanside House yesterday, Parker for a month next week then on to Texas to dump our junk, then off to Idaho, Montana, Wyoming, Colorado, and Utah for the Summer. Plan is to find a "summer house" in the north to beat the Texas heat. 5 more days :party2:

Abc123

Banned
Reaction score
Glendora is closed btw. 

The fuck it is. I regretted my decision to move back within a few weeks. It's not the same old town. Multi-family apartments/housing going in EVERYWHERE, more traffic, cultural change and the list goes on. I close escrow tomorrow. I'm headed back to the coast. At least the traffic is justified down there.

City council and foreign money is changing the town just like it has the cities West of the 605.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
The fuck it is. I regretted my decision to move back within a few weeks. It's not the same old town. Multi-family apartments/housing going in EVERYWHERE, more traffic, cultural change and the list goes on. I close escrow tomorrow. I'm headed back to the coast. At least the traffic is justified down there.

City council and foreign money is changing the town just like it has the cities West of the 605.

Oh boy, did you say a mouthful there! It's definitely not like it was.

I was told those monsters were all approved years ago before the financial crash. The developers just recently have completely recovered, so that's why it's all being built right now.

Kinna makes sense...

Remember that big RV repair business that was eminent domain'd ages ago? That lot stayed empty for a decade at least, and now it's a fucking huge condo.

Its not the same, but it's still better than most anywhere else!

Don't let the door hit ya where the good Lord split ya on your way out. 👍

RogerThat99

Parker Is Now OPEN
Reaction score

I was told those monsters were all approved years ago before the financial crash. The developers just recently have completely recovered, so that's why it's all being built right now.

Kinna makes sense...

Remember that big RV repair business that was eminent domain'd ages ago? That lot stayed empty for a decade at least, and now it's a fucking huge condo.

Don't let the door hit ya where the good Lord split ya on your way out. 

Dennis, I thought it was a great town. Where else can you show up late and get a home cooked meal and a cold beer? At least that was my experience. Just a fluke I guess. ;)

Abc123

Banned
Reaction score

Kinna makes sense...

Don't let the door hit ya where the good Lord split ya on your way out. 

You may be taking what I said wrong. I love Glendora. It's just not "closed". The population is growing.

See the RV dealer across from the hospital move down the road? Guess what is going there?

Dennis, I thought it was a great town. Where else can you show up late and get a home cooked meal and a cold beer? At least that was my experience. Just a fluke I guess. ;)

It is a great town, it's just changing a lot.

Where else do you go where the only bar in the neighborhood closes early on NYE? :rolleyes:)

Abc123

Banned
Reaction score
I'll miss this about Glendora. So good. Ya been, Joe?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 97