WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Titties and Beer to the rescue

Skyskier

skiing Parker since 1960
Reaction score
so, I've been going thru old threads of mine, looking for and saving ANY and ALL of the photo's I lost a couple years ago when a hard drive crashed.........I couldn't figure out HOW to move this, the original post up to the lounge, so I copied & pasted it, an well, here we are !.............The Power Of RDP....................

First off, I don't know a lot of you on the boards here, I've pretty much been a "glorified Lurker" chiming in now & then on a few post's here & there ,and throwing up some old photos of this and that. I started "lurking a couple years back when the 8 year old girl was killed in the incident up near needles. I have friends of her family that knew I was a river rat from WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYY back, and they were wanting info on the deal. Somebody sent me a link to kilrtoys now famous "spinout in the reeds" post on the "other" site, which is how I happened over there, and found my way over here. I took it to be a true story, and in retrospect I said some pretty harsh words about him & his antics ( and have since apologized on the boards) I was and still am incensed at the whole sad deal. I have a grand daughter the same age and Sarah lived about 5 miles from the ranch here, so it hit TOO close to home. At the time I thought these "message boards" were a public post/bitch/rant/vent type thing, you know, get in get out. I have since come to understand what a cool , little boating community you have here. If I'm NOT the oldest person here :eek:,( I'll see 61 years come October ) I'd think I have to be in the top 5 or so age wise I bring this all up so as to tell you I'm NOT a real computer savvy type guy, but thanks to this site and the standup character of one of your friends ( and now mine & my parents) Mark ( Titties and Beer ) a crisis of some magnitude was avoided . All right on with the story.....................

So I'm sitting at the river pad saturday, just me & Mrs. skyskier , we're waiting for my Mom & Dad to show up from Idaho for a couple weeks stay. Pop comes down every year for the nostalgia boat races. Anyway Pop calls me and say's they may be a couple day's late as he has a broken waterline on the motor home. He managed to limp into Page at about 4:30 saturday afternoon. He called a garage and was told they were just closing up and would'nt be able to take a look at it till monday afternoon sometime
this was a waterline that ran from the engine all the way back to the rear generator, up & over the gas tank. At age 82 my Dad is still capable of changing out a simple radiator hose, but I knew this was gonna be a pain in the ass to do. My first thought was, okay, it's 8:00 pm, I can bail out of here at say 2:00 am and make it to Powell by sun up, and then I thought, .......there's a guy on RD's place that lives on a ranch near Powell, and he was from down here near Temecula a few years back, If ONLY I had a computer I might try to post up an SOS, and see if he knows a mechanic that would MAYBE go over to the Elks Lodge campground and see if he could fix it. So I tell my Pop, " just sit tight, I'll try to find a computer and get a hold of this guy I "kinda know" that lives around Page. Now trying to explain to an 82 year old man that has NEVER been on the internet how this could be possible, to contact a stranger 600 miles away, to help in some way, is next to impossible :D
So I go up the street to a neighbors place, knock on the door, explain the situation I have and they graciously let me use their computer. I get on line at 8:06 pm and post an " S.O.S " to Titties & Beer, explaining my dilema. I told him I only had one shot at this as I was on somebody elses computer. I posted up Pop's cell # and figured if this guy " Titties & Beer " saw the post he'd be able to help us out by contacting a mechanic in town. By the time I got back to my place, ( 10 minutes at MOST ) my Pop has now called back an say's " dayymnn that was quick, some guy, by the name of Mark, just called a said he'll be here in the morning with some tools and try to get us back on the road :D: Fast forward to Sunday morning. Mark shows up at 7:30 with his truck and tools, drives my Pop all over town getting hose, clamps anti freeze etc. brings him back, gets a floor jack out of the truck jacks the motorhome up a crawls underneath it and wrenches on it for 3 plus hours in the blowing, cold wet snow, cut the hose and gets SOAKING WET from the anti freeze that was left in the line.:eek::eek: My Pop said it was COLD , he winters in Idaho. When somebody from Idaho say's it's cold outside you can bet IT IS COLD :eek: My 'ol man tried more than once to pay Mark for his trouble, wanted to at LEAST take Mark & his wife out for dinner, but Mark would'nt have any part of that. I talked to my folks last night, they were in Phoenix at a campground, safe & sound, dry & warm. Pop said Mark called them earlier in the day just to check on them a make sure the rig was still running :D
WHAT A STANDUP GUY !!! I'll NEVER be able to thank him enough. To bail my ass out of a jam would be one thing, but to do what he did for my parents is something else :cool: On the ride home yesterday I tried for 3 hours to convince Mrs. skyskier to let me get my vascetomy undone so we could have another child:eek: ..............If it were a boy, I'd name him Mark, a girl, Markesa ...................so far, she's not going for it :confused: say's if I want to do something nice for him , buy him a new boat :hmm Sorry for such a long read, but I thought it important that you all got the "Real Story". Mark doesn't seem to think it was a big deal :confused: To me it was a HUGE deal. I will forever be in his debt. Thanks again Mark

shunter2005

Reaction score
What an awesome story, and truthfully, that's what this place is all about.

We all give each other shit on here, but when push comes to shove, I don't think there is anyone I wouldn't help out.

Especially RodNJen. Can't wait to help him move to Texas!

😁
There will be no more talk of that. Texas is closed!!!

I met Mark a few months back when he was here for a job. He is a great guy. Next time he's in the vicinity, I owe him some great Texas BBQ....

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
so, I've been going thru old threads of mine, looking for and saving ANY and ALL of the photo's I lost a couple years ago when a hard drive crashed.........I couldn't figure out HOW to move this, the original post up to the lounge, so I copied & pasted it, an well, here we are !.............The Power Of RDP....................

First off, I don't know a lot of you on the boards here, I've pretty much been a "glorified Lurker" chiming in now & then on a few post's here & there ,and throwing up some old photos of this and that. I started "lurking a couple years back when the 8 year old girl was killed in the incident up near needles. I have friends of her family that knew I was a river rat from WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYY back, and they were wanting info on the deal. Somebody sent me a link to kilrtoys now famous "spinout in the reeds" post on the "other" site, which is how I happened over there, and found my way over here. I took it to be a true story, and in retrospect I said some pretty harsh words about him & his antics ( and have since apologized on the boards) I was and still am incensed at the whole sad deal. I have a grand daughter the same age and Sarah lived about 5 miles from the ranch here, so it hit TOO close to home. At the time I thought these "message boards" were a public post/bitch/rant/vent type thing, you know, get in get out. I have since come to understand what a cool , little boating community you have here. If I'm NOT the oldest person here :eek:,( I'll see 61 years come October ) I'd think I have to be in the top 5 or so age wise I bring this all up so as to tell you I'm NOT a real computer savvy type guy, but thanks to this site and the standup character of one of your friends ( and now mine & my parents) Mark ( Titties and Beer ) a crisis of some magnitude was avoided . All right on with the story.....................

So I'm sitting at the river pad saturday, just me & Mrs. skyskier , we're waiting for my Mom & Dad to show up from Idaho for a couple weeks stay. Pop comes down every year for the nostalgia boat races. Anyway Pop calls me and say's they may be a couple day's late as he has a broken waterline on the motor home. He managed to limp into Page at about 4:30 saturday afternoon. He called a garage and was told they were just closing up and would'nt be able to take a look at it till monday afternoon sometime
this was a waterline that ran from the engine all the way back to the rear generator, up & over the gas tank. At age 82 my Dad is still capable of changing out a simple radiator hose, but I knew this was gonna be a pain in the ass to do. My first thought was, okay, it's 8:00 pm, I can bail out of here at say 2:00 am and make it to Powell by sun up, and then I thought, .......there's a guy on RD's place that lives on a ranch near Powell, and he was from down here near Temecula a few years back, If ONLY I had a computer I might try to post up an SOS, and see if he knows a mechanic that would MAYBE go over to the Elks Lodge campground and see if he could fix it. So I tell my Pop, " just sit tight, I'll try to find a computer and get a hold of this guy I "kinda know" that lives around Page. Now trying to explain to an 82 year old man that has NEVER been on the internet how this could be possible, to contact a stranger 600 miles away, to help in some way, is next to impossible :D
So I go up the street to a neighbors place, knock on the door, explain the situation I have and they graciously let me use their computer. I get on line at 8:06 pm and post an " S.O.S " to Titties & Beer, explaining my dilema. I told him I only had one shot at this as I was on somebody elses computer. I posted up Pop's cell # and figured if this guy " Titties & Beer " saw the post he'd be able to help us out by contacting a mechanic in town. By the time I got back to my place, ( 10 minutes at MOST ) my Pop has now called back an say's " dayymnn that was quick, some guy, by the name of Mark, just called a said he'll be here in the morning with some tools and try to get us back on the road :D: Fast forward to Sunday morning. Mark shows up at 7:30 with his truck and tools, drives my Pop all over town getting hose, clamps anti freeze etc. brings him back, gets a floor jack out of the truck jacks the motorhome up a crawls underneath it and wrenches on it for 3 plus hours in the blowing, cold wet snow, cut the hose and gets SOAKING WET from the anti freeze that was left in the line.:eek::eek: My Pop said it was COLD , he winters in Idaho. When somebody from Idaho say's it's cold outside you can bet IT IS COLD :eek: My 'ol man tried more than once to pay Mark for his trouble, wanted to at LEAST take Mark & his wife out for dinner, but Mark would'nt have any part of that. I talked to my folks last night, they were in Phoenix at a campground, safe & sound, dry & warm. Pop said Mark called them earlier in the day just to check on them a make sure the rig was still running :D
WHAT A STANDUP GUY !!! I'll NEVER be able to thank him enough. To bail my ass out of a jam would be one thing, but to do what he did for my parents is something else :cool: On the ride home yesterday I tried for 3 hours to convince Mrs. skyskier to let me get my vascetomy undone so we could have another child:eek: ..............If it were a boy, I'd name him Mark, a girl, Markesa ...................so far, she's not going for it :confused: say's if I want to do something nice for him , buy him a new boat :hmm Sorry for such a long read, but I thought it important that you all got the "Real Story". Mark doesn't seem to think it was a big deal :confused: To me it was a HUGE deal. I will forever be in his debt. Thanks again Mark
Here's your original thread from 2008. 🙋‍♂️ 👍

S.O.S........ TITTIES AND BEER........ S.O.S | River Daves Place

Skyskier

skiing Parker since 1960
Reaction score
Mark is a good man - verified on RDP!
The Best !...............for some reason, I'm SURE my Pop's was NOT the first guy Mark has helped out, nor will he be the last !...........just a feeling I got !.......an Mark, if you're reading this, ANYTIME you an the family wanna come down to Parker, just show up, we have two xtra bedrooms plus a couch, plus a blowup bed we could put up in the living room, along with a 24ft deck boat at your disposal.....oh yeah, we have ALL the food / fuel / pretty MUCH EVERYTHING needed for a a couple 8 day's on the water !............all I need is a phone call...............:)

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I’m not sure why ya had to copy and paste the text? If you jist responded to the thread it should bump up?

is that why you were bringing up old threads? To get the pics? I can have my IT guys look into seeing if there’s a way to just grab all the pics you ever posted and deliver them to you?

I was kinda enjoying some of the memory lane.. lol

It’s really good seeing you online again!

Skyskier

skiing Parker since 1960
Reaction score
I’m not sure why ya had to copy and paste the text? If you jist responded to the thread it should bump up?

is that why you were bringing up old threads? To get the pics? I can have my IT guys look into seeing if there’s a way to just grab all the pics you ever posted and deliver them to you?

I was kinda enjoying some of the memory lane.. lol

It’s really good seeing you online again!
no, I'm enjoying going thru them, back when I started I don't THINK I had the "notifications" turned on, a LOT of these threads I started I'm just now seeing them........I've read a couple of replies that people had put up, thanking me for one thing or another, and or, spoken kinds word's, etc., etc., an I didn't so much as send a like back to it,....and for THAT, I feel bad.............................ANYWAYS, I ran across one of my post's about 1/4 midget racing an if anybody had heard of Staci's granpa, I had two replies so far, one asking if they were from LaVerne, and, is Greg Lavars his son ? ................let me know, if it IS Stacy's granpa, somebody MIGHT have pics of him,..............I've had this PC running NON STOP for about 6 maybe 7 day's now, 24 / 7,.....I'm afraid to shut it down cuz I KNOW I'd never be able to get back to where I left off !........an I've got over 4,000 post's to go thru, I'm probably on post #673 ?......I dunno