WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Tnt hwa fong daddy bmx

Morehart

Reaction score
My childhood BMX. I know it's an odd ball just wondering what its worth yes its hanging with the bars straight
20230603_205442.jpg

Tank

Reaction score
Rough shape. But I’d bet you could get at least grand the way it sits. depending on parts - hubs cranks, rims, etc. probably more. pretty rare bike for sure. Start of mid-school era.

There’s a restored F/F for $1800 on eBay right now.

Morehart

Reaction score
Cool! It would be nice to find the original decals. Thanks for the input. I also have a eastern reaper. The tnt has been through a lot.
Rough shape. But I’d bet you could get at least grand the way it sits. depending on parts - hubs cranks, rims, etc. probably more. pretty rare bike for sure. Start of mid-school era.

There’s a restored F/F for $1800 on eBay right now.

Morehart

Reaction score
Eastern are mid school for sure. Cool bike though. They were huge in the early 2000’s
I had a lot of fun with both. Now they just sit on the back of my trailer and putt with my kids when we go camping. Do you ride BMX? Or just a pastime hobby like me?

Tank

Reaction score
I had a lot of fun with both. Now they just sit on the back of my trailer and putt with my kids when we go camping. Do you ride BMX? Or just a pastime hobby like me?
I grew up riding and then when my daughter was young I used to take her to the track in simi. I had a mini Santa Ana GT and a hutch growing up. Then when I got old enough to afford to collect (in the late 90’s) I started buying up 80’s frames and parts (Patterson, CW, Kuahara, Hutch, GT, Race Inc, Profile, etc). I really enjoyed restoring and working on them and hunting parts. Garage was full at one point but I sold off almost everything since the upkeep on the chrome at the beach was a bit much. Now have a mini ripper, mini redline, 20” PK, 24” floval, 24” Quadangle and 24” Profile for the kids and me to play around on. 😁 Built all
Of them and pieces them together. More fun than buying a complete bike

Last edited:

Tank

Reaction score
If I were you, since those bikes have sentimental value to you, I’d tear them down and rebuild them. Strip frame, repaint, get some redline flights or profile 3 piece cranks, search out all the cool parts, GT Mohawk hubs, arraya rims, etc. build them up
The way you wanted them when you were a kid. Then hang ‘em and pull
Them down for your kids to ride every once in a while. Or just hang in the garage like art.

Telling you it’s a lot of fun restoring them. Searching parts, stripping them down, wrenching on them. Especially with the kids. Pic of my (now 14 year old) tearing down an old PK ripper I got him when he was like 10. He handed that PK down to his now 9 year old brother who’s actually big enough to ride a 24 now. Considering redoing the PK again. Updating cranks wheels, stripping stickers and having full polish done in frame again. Kind’ve a sickness. Lol

IMG_2547.png

Motor Boater

Reaction score
My dad would never buy me a hutch or a redline like I wanted but in the late 80’s he bought me a Schwann Predator. I cherished that bike. It later got stolen so a few years ago I found one and built it for my son. I literally started to tear up watching my son ride that bike.
4827DA00-4AFE-4DDE-979B-B0755CDC5C8A.jpeg
5C404B4C-A2EF-435D-8939-2EEC9B96C170.jpeg

Morehart

Reaction score
I grew up riding and then when my daughter was young I used to take her to the track in simi. I had a mini Santa Ana GT and a hutch growing up. Then when I got old enough to afford to collect (in the late 90’s) I started buying up 80’s frames and parts (Patterson, CW, Kuahara, Hutch, GT, Race Inc, Profile, etc). I really enjoyed restoring and working on them and hunting parts. Garage was full at one point but I sold off almost everything since the upkeep on the chrome at the beach was a bit much. Now have a mini ripper, mini redline, 20” PK, 24” floval, 24” Quadangle and 24” Profile for the kids and me to play around on. 😁 Built all
Ok I just hauled them out, the reaper has nice everything the way I like it. The tnt needs alot of work. My kids are 6 and 3. I got some time before they get peddle bites. That's so cool to let the bikes ride again through siblings. Way to go dad! I got some inspiration now!

Morehart

Reaction score

Boatymcboatface

Reaction score
My dad would never buy me a hutch or a redline like I wanted but in the late 80’s he bought me a Schwann Predator. I cherished that bike. It later got stolen so a few years ago I found one and built it for my son. I literally started to tear up watching my son ride that bike. View attachment 1238210 View attachment 1238212
I ended up with a predator too! But I got mine because I wanted a bike for my birthday and had my eye on a nice diamond back but nooooooo my mom saw the price and said hey look we can get two of these predators for the same price so your brother can get a new bike too! WTF he got a compound bow for his birthday f him he should’ve asked for a bike! Nope off we went with two predators!!

Morehart

Reaction score
My favorite was a mongoose solution.... that got stolen. I cried all the way home

Morehart

Reaction score
I never raced, but cut my teeth at verdugo,olive Grove, vans track, and built day street.

Tank

Reaction score
I never raced, but cut my teeth at verdugo,olive Grove, vans track, and built day street.
Same here. Messed around at practice days. Mostly road home made tracks in the area and rode freestyle. I’d really
Like to build a freestyle 26” GT performer to play around on. Or maybe build up a freestyle retro hutch. Probably break something though. 😂😂

IMG_2551.jpeg

Calistyle_Matt

Reaction score
There's a lot of awesomeness in these pics! That tnt is sweet! I had one when I was a teenager, until someone "relieved" me of ownership. It was a tank. They started making them out of aluminum and called them "superfongs." I have to ask, any thoughts of parting with it?