WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

To call out an RDP member or not, your help please

HULLSHOT

Reaction score
Thank you very for talking with me a few times on the phone. We are not going to chase the big #'s but just want it to be incredibly reliable with +/- 800 n/a hp from a 632" new build. Maybe someday up it a little & get some big #'s but not right now. Thanks again for all the info on this awesome hull.

Now that's funny

milkmoney

Reaction score
Lol no lock down. I got in a post. Lol. :)

I do love them boobies :)

OCMerrill

All in...
Reaction score
Did we say "Chroma Clear with flake"? We meant to say that we shit in a bag and sold you that. Buyer beware.

I should have reviewed the purchase before use but aside from the smell, that was some good shit even though I had a bunch of dope oil blown out.

HolyMoly

reMember
Reaction score
I should have reviewed the purchase before use but aside from the smell, that was some good shit even though I had a bunch of dope oil blown out.

I'd bet your transom now has structural damage as well.

Old Texan

Honorary Warden #377 Emeritus - R.I.P.
Reaction score
After reading the bulk of this thread, I'll throw in my nickel's worth of opinion......Boats and vehicles and other toys are what they are. They make millions of each and there are numerous ways to acquire them.

Buying new costs the most and offers the most warranty/product protection and buyer recourse.

Buying used from a dealer/service oriented shop/brick and mortar storefront with warranty offerings, gives the 2nd most protection against aftersale issues. Generally pay higher prices to get this "guarantee" as no insurance is free, cost is just spread out over multiple sales. Be wary as even though they have a physical presence, all are not the same and likely even the good ones have had bad deals.

Buy from an owner. Buyer beware, very little if any guarantee. Probably the cheapest price. Better be a smart buyer and know what you are getting into.

Buying for an independent that has a passion and loves to buy and sell. Intends to make profit. Some know exactly what they have and some know far less. Some care, and some just want to move "iron". Some have compassion, and some just want to unload their mistakes. This is the wrong place for rookies and those who want the buyer to be there to help eat the premature to them fuck ups of the product. "AS IS" means just that, the money changes hands, the deal is done. Live with your decision.

Over the years I've learned one thing the hard way, I signed the dotted line and I handed over the check. I have no one to blame but myself if the deal heads south. No one put a gun to my head or insinuated they were there to share the good or the bad. If I was in a hurry, shame on me if something was missed.

And just like betting on the ponies or gambling, don't spend money you can't afford to lose. Race cars and fast boats push physical limits and many times are one particular person of varying skill levels intent to squeeze the extra out. Speed is attained by pushing the limits and high dollar components break on a regular basis. Brand new motors and transmissions/gears break seconds into their first run more times than we want, but it's just how it is......You gotta pay to play and if you can't afford it, stay home and dream.

Or realize your limitations to take a risk and buy a pontoon with a new low power economical dependable overbuilt to last forever outboard, kick back and drink cold beer watching the high dollar rigs run hard and often getting towed back to the dock by a person just like you in a safe dependable low hassle pontoon.:D

TBI

Thumbless Wonder
Reaction score
After reading the bulk of this thread, I'll throw in my nickel's worth of opinion......Boats and vehicles and other toys are what they are. They make millions of each and there are numerous ways to acquire them.

Buying new costs the most and offers the most warranty/product protection and buyer recourse.

Buying used from a dealer/service oriented shop/brick and mortar storefront with warranty offerings, gives the 2nd most protection against aftersale issues. Generally pay higher prices to get this "guarantee" as no insurance is free, cost is just spread out over multiple sales. Be wary as even though they have a physical presence, all are not the same and likely even the good ones have had bad deals.

Buy from an owner. Buyer beware, very little if any guarantee. Probably the cheapest price. Better be a smart buyer and know what you are getting into.

Buying for an independent that has a passion and loves to buy and sell. Intends to make profit. Some know exactly what they have and some know far less. Some care, and some just want to move "iron". Some have compassion, and some just want to unload their mistakes. This is the wrong place for rookies and those who want the buyer to be there to help eat the premature to them fuck ups of the product. "AS IS" means just that, the money changes hands, the deal is done. Live with your decision.

Over the years I've learned one thing the hard way, I signed the dotted line and I handed over the check. I have no one to blame but myself if the deal heads south. No one put a gun to my head or insinuated they were there to share the good or the bad. If I was in a hurry, shame on me if something was missed.

And just like betting on the ponies or gambling, don't spend money you can't afford to lose. Race cars and fast boats push physical limits and many times are one particular person of varying skill levels intent to squeeze the extra out. Speed is attained by pushing the limits and high dollar components break on a regular basis. Brand new motors and transmissions/gears break seconds into their first run more times than we want, but it's just how it is......You gotta pay to play and if you can't afford it, stay home and dream.

Or realize your limitations to take a risk and buy a pontoon with a new low power economical dependable overbuilt to last forever outboard, kick back and drink cold beer watching the high dollar rigs run hard and often getting towed back to the dock by a person just like you in a safe dependable low hassle pontoon.:D
Great post Tex! :thumbsup

OCMerrill

All in...
Reaction score

Nice. :D Old Tex of Reliable and honest Pontoon Sales.

atlas

Reaction score

Well said... im sorry I can not make every deal perfect but this is not like the first deal I have made I have many happy people driving boats with no problems on the board just like the 26ft party cat that just went up to the delta this past weekend and he loves the boat with no problems and its a high hp motor with a whipple any buyer should beware that if they want to go fast or make any kind of power know things go wrong even on brand new motors built motor from top names believe me I have been down that road 30-40k in a motor and its gone with in seconds if you want a turn key boat with no problems buy a stock merc with a bravo drive and keep at 45- 50 mph im sorry that this has happened to lake pal and wish him luck with his new motor being bullet proof when running it at top speeds

Tom Brown

Epsilon contributor
Reaction score
I don't see anyone looking for warranty. This is simply about whether the boat was represented in an honest fashion.

"Fresh rebuild. 20 hours. Runs great." is an entirely different representation than, "No idea. I am just relaying what was told to me."

Some people expect warranty on a used boat. Those people need to pound sand.

Reactions: TBI

squirtnmyload

now its recording
Reaction score
Isn't atlas the guy with the big white sunglasses and poker chip ear rings? :D

atlas

Reaction score
I don't see anyone looking for warranty. This is simply about whether the boat was represented in an honest fashion.

"Fresh rebuild. 20 hours. Runs great." is an entirely different representation than, "No idea. I am just relaying what was told to me."

Some people expect warranty on a used boat. Those people need to pound sand.

Here is the ad from the member I bought the boat from so no I was not miss representing the boat in anyway

http://www.performanceboats.com/boats-sale/187313-98-25-ft-daytona-eliminator-may-trade.html

milkmoney

Reaction score
My ? To atlas is. What is ur screen name on pb?

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Here is the ad from the member I bought the boat from so no I was not miss representing the boat in anyway

http://www.performanceboats.com/boats-sale/187313-98-25-ft-daytona-eliminator-may-trade.html

The part you're missing (at least with me) is, it DOESN'T MATTER how it was sold to you.. It matters how you sold it to someone else. This is just passing the buck.

If it makes you feel better I don't think you owe anything to Lake Pal.. but that portion of the logic (referring to the previous ad) is the part I have a problem with.

RD

CampbellCarl

Reaction score
The part you're missing (at least with me) is, it DOESN'T MATTER how it was sold to you.. It matters how you sold it to someone else. This is just passing the buck.

If it makes you feel better I don't think you owe anything to Lake Pal.. but that portion of the logic (referring to the previous ad) is the part I have a problem with.

RD

What amazes me is that atlas is killing is own business out of apparent stuborness. Sadly he doesn't see what a hero he could be by throwing a bone ($1,500.00) to Lake PAL.

Whether atlas is right or wrong doesn't matter at this point. By refusing to throw the bone, he's lost (at least me) for ANY future deal.

I'll continue to scan through spam but will NEVER consider a sale offered by atlas.

atlas

Reaction score

RD

It ran great the video I posted was 2 days before he picked it up and like I said if it was a bad motor or had a problem I would have fixed it its not worth having an unhappy person that I may see someday or post stuff like this but I will not sell a boat buggy car motorhome anything with a motor to anyone unless they take it for a run with me and sign disclaimers that it ran good at time of delivery and is as is

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
What amazes me is that atlas is killing is own business out of apparent stuborness. Sadly he doesn't see what a hero he could be by throwing a bone ($1,500.00) to Lake PAL.

Whether atlas is right or wrong doesn't matter at this point. By refusing to throw the bone, he's lost (at least me) for ANY future deal.

I'll continue to scan through spam but will NEVER consider a sale offered by atlas.

But shouldn't Lake Pal also step up and make the soft transom right? So who knows..

I'm not sure Atlas is in the wrong on this deal to be honest.... Motor's can go when they go. That's part of the program. I just don't like that "Well the guy sold it to me on this ad.. so blame him.." kind of shit. Rubs me wrong.

RD

Director...
Reaction score

Atlas told me privately that he hates you, and would never sell you a boat anyway....:finger

Reactions: TBI

atlas

Reaction score

I understand where you are coming from but should I have posted about him passing a boat that he has had for years and should have know all the problems on his boat NO because we both had any opportunity to check each others boat out and we both did and no one made anyone make the deal so I dealt with what I got and said nothing but yet I sent him off with a great boat that he even post about thanking me about it and then a month later wants to call me out because he ran the shit out of it like he said and it let go im sorry but that is really not on me I do not offer warranties

atlas

Reaction score
But shouldn't Lake Pal also step up and make the soft transom right? So who knows..

I'm not sure Atlas is in the wrong on this deal to be honest.... Motor's can go when they go. That's part of the program. I just don't like that "Well the guy sold it to me on this ad.. so blame him.." kind of shit. Rubs me wrong.

RD

Please understand im not pointing any fingers at the past owner that deal is done and over im only showing that im not miss representing the boat it was a fresh motor and IS NOT 11.5/1 compression and runs on pump gas as I was told and the ad is my only proof from what I know about that boat

Director...
Reaction score
friday-breakdown-004-01122012.jpg

cb5505

Reaction score
Please understand im not pointing any fingers at the past owner that deal is done and over im only showing that im not miss representing the boat it was a fresh motor and IS NOT 11.5/1 compression and runs on pump gas as I was told and the ad is my only proof from what I know about that boat

Maybe for future sales you should do your own homework and have someone check everything to avoid problems like this in the future. Just sayin

atlas

Reaction score

and the video is the only thing I have showing the boat ran great NOT JUST ME SAYING OH YA THIS BOAT RAN the video shows it all on top of his post thanking me and saying he ran the boat at 90mph what motor that has a crack in the block and a blown piston will run those kind of speeds for that long and even if it was not set to run on pump gas which it is he would have heard that motor nocking like hell when he ran it and would hve not lived for no 50 mile trip on the delta

atlas

Reaction score
Maybe for future sales you should do your own homework and have someone check everything to avoid problems like this in the future. Just sayin

I did just as I do every boat I Buy remember I am a buyer to and don't want to buy something that is going to let go on me when I go to run it or test drive someone

headshothills

Reaction score
Im not picking sides here and by no means am I judging either side for right or wrong doing... But...

For someone who flips boats, there's no way you could have truly known the ins and outs of the boat or even the motor... To someone that is looking to make the boat their baby, they will cover every inch with a fine tooth comb and know everything there is to know about it... I don't think you really put any effort into knowing if there is or was anything wrong... It started, it ran, you ran it a couple times, you sold it... Lake Pal got it, ran it, started going through it with a fine tooth comb to know everything there is to know, and this is what he ended up finding...

Those motors will keep pulling until something goes pop, so hitting 90mph is nor here or there, shit, my tired ass junk motor did 92mph with 6 ppl and full tanks, and the motor was wasted... But for someone who is in it for the long haul, its a point of longevity, so every little issue will stick out like a sore thumb.... If you truly sold it without knowing the motor was that bad, its understandable, cause you haven't owned long enough to really care other than it was being flipped and it runs, so in your eyes, it was good.. Maybe a little more detail in the description rather than Turn-Key might have been in line, such as, haven't had the boat long, everything works and seems good, but then that might take away from the sale or even turn a buyer away, which is where it gets muddy....

Im sure the same can be said for the Hull issue on the deck boat.... Lake knows every inch of the boat and trailer and whats been done... Probably never thought twice about the hull, cause its never been or given him an issue, so it went unknown, cause it never caused a problem for him....

Either way, it sounds like its coming down to a wash... Motor Issues VS Hull Issues... Don't know what the repair cost difference is... But Im sure someone on either end is getting stuck with a bigger repair bill....

DaytonaBabe

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Im not picking sides here and by no means am I judging either side for right or wrong doing... But...

For someone who flips boats, there's no way you could have truly known the ins and outs of the boat or even the motor... To someone that is looking to make the boat their baby, they will cover every inch with a fine tooth comb and know everything there is to know about it... I don't think you really put any effort into knowing if there is or was anything wrong... It started, it ran, you ran it a couple times, you sold it... Lake Pal got it, ran it, started going through it with a fine tooth comb to know everything there is to know, and this is what he ended up finding...

Those motors will keep pulling until something goes pop, so hitting 90mph is nor here or there, shit, my tired ass junk motor did 92mph with 6 ppl and full tanks, and the motor was wasted... But for someone who is in it for the long haul, its a point of longevity, so every little issue will stick out like a sore thumb.... If you truly sold it without knowing the motor was that bad, its understandable, cause you haven't owned long enough to really care other than it was being flipped and it runs, so in your eyes, it was good.. Maybe a little more detail in the description rather than Turn-Key might have been in line, such as, haven't had the boat long, everything works and seems good, but then that might take away from the sale or even turn a buyer away, which is where it gets muddy....

Im sure the same can be said for the Hull issue on the deck boat.... Lake knows every inch of the boat and trailer and whats been done... Probably never thought twice about the hull, cause its never been or given him an issue, so it went unknown, cause it never caused a problem for him....

Either way, it sounds like its coming down to a wash... Motor Issues VS Hull Issues... Don't know what the repair cost difference is... But Im sure someone on either end is getting stuck with a bigger repair bill....

yah yah yah.... the real question here is: when are you going to sell me YOUR boat? :D Not kidding.

Hammer

Reaction score
I understand where you are coming from but should I have posted about him passing a boat that he has had for years and should have know all the problems on his boat NO because we both had any opportunity to check each others boat out and we both did and no one made anyone make the deal so I dealt with what I got and said nothing but yet I sent him off with a great boat that he even post about thanking me about it and then a month later wants to call me out because he ran the shit out of it like he said and it let go im sorry but that is really not on me I do not offer warranties

This doesn't work for me, you got a boat AND 20k . You have money to fix whatever "might" be wrong...

atlas

Reaction score

He knew that it was not my baby and that I just got it and cleaned it up and sold it to him and even showed him the old post I never hide that im just really a middle man on the knowledge of the boat

milkmoney

Reaction score
Funny thing is. All types of high performance or racing motors will run their best when they are ready to go bnag. :)

headshothills

Reaction score
He knew that it was not my baby and that I just got it and cleaned it up and sold it to him and even showed him the old post I never hide that im just really a middle man on the knowledge of the boat

Turn-Key??

Again, not judging or pointing fingers, but, I don't know what or how anyone else feels about the term "Turn-Key", but in my eyes, that means everything is perfect, needs nothing.... While Im sure by exact definition this term can take on a full debate by itself, once again, this is open to the interpretation of the buyer from the seller... Just saying...